post #10441 of 10446 Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
I used the One last. If you don't like the dealer model Control4 definitely isn't what you want, and it shouldn't have been sold to you that way. On the other hand, if you haven't even used ComposerHE you aren't really giving it a fair shake.

I agree with you on the system. My dealer said this to me in regards to composer HE, which didn't leave me feeling keen on it:

Quote:
"Making your own macro feature is only for the avid user who wants to play around. Things like 'if doorbell rings then execute pause on TV or light at front gate turn on' or 'at 6pm close blinds on east wall'"-I cant see you using this feature

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10446 Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I agree with you on the system. My dealer said this to me in regards to composer HE, which didn't leave me feeling keen on it:
Hmm, its pretty easy stuff for basic but I have a programming background. I don't know how much time I would waste on it with only one room, but I have a huge array of connected stuff in my house, so I get a ton out of it.

Matt
post #10443 of 10446 Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.twice.com/news/trade-show...boration/53979

Still no specifics on the calibration software, all the articles mentioning this say basically the same thing. Anybody at CEDIA know if this is something an end user can take advantage of?

Matt
post #10444 of 10446 Old 09-14-2014, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
Hmm, its pretty easy stuff for basic but I have a programming background. I don't know how much time I would waste on it with only one room, but I have a huge array of connected stuff in my house, so I get a ton out of it.
Yeah unfort in my scenario we are talking a media room in an apartment I'm using roughly every 10 days for between one to two days at a time. Also, am very likely when there to have girlfriend and her daughter in tow or to entertaining colleagues. I know as it is I get reminded when I'm spending too much time with my A/V gear, fiddling and tweaking, etc. So sitting down in the new media room writing macros (I'm def the opposite of computer illiterate) is prob going be something that I'm a tad too time poor in that situation for unfort. I'm going see how the installers go finishing off things next week there and take it from there. I have good buddies nephew on the case as well who's pretty gun on systems and high end A/V installs - used to work the guys who did my work, so knows all the systems I've got including C4.

Last edited by OzHDHT; 09-14-2014 at 05:58 PM.
post #10445 of 10446 Old 09-14-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-makes-...row-projector/

Some discussion about stacking 1100ES here.

Does anybody know what they used for the last image in the article, which has the image split into 4 different quadrants like a video wall? Likely typical tradeshow magic, but the article is a little vague about if this is meant for consumers or not.

Matt
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page