post #10441 of 10451 Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
I used the One last. If you don't like the dealer model Control4 definitely isn't what you want, and it shouldn't have been sold to you that way. On the other hand, if you haven't even used ComposerHE you aren't really giving it a fair shake.

I agree with you on the system. My dealer said this to me in regards to composer HE, which didn't leave me feeling keen on it:

Quote:
"Making your own macro feature is only for the avid user who wants to play around. Things like 'if doorbell rings then execute pause on TV or light at front gate turn on' or 'at 6pm close blinds on east wall'"-I cant see you using this feature

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10451 Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I agree with you on the system. My dealer said this to me in regards to composer HE, which didn't leave me feeling keen on it:
Hmm, its pretty easy stuff for basic but I have a programming background. I don't know how much time I would waste on it with only one room, but I have a huge array of connected stuff in my house, so I get a ton out of it.

Matt
post #10443 of 10451 Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.twice.com/news/trade-show...boration/53979

Still no specifics on the calibration software, all the articles mentioning this say basically the same thing. Anybody at CEDIA know if this is something an end user can take advantage of?

Matt
post #10444 of 10451 Old 09-14-2014, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Hmm, its pretty easy stuff for basic but I have a programming background. I don't know how much time I would waste on it with only one room, but I have a huge array of connected stuff in my house, so I get a ton out of it.
Yeah unfort in my scenario we are talking a media room in an apartment I'm using roughly every 10 days for between one to two days at a time. Also, am very likely when there to have girlfriend and her daughter in tow or to entertaining colleagues. I know as it is I get reminded when I'm spending too much time with my A/V gear, fiddling and tweaking, etc. So sitting down in the new media room writing macros (I'm def the opposite of computer illiterate) is prob going be something that I'm a tad too time poor in that situation for unfort. I'm going see how the installers go finishing off things next week there and take it from there. I have good buddies nephew on the case as well who's pretty gun on systems and high end A/V installs - used to work the guys who did my work, so knows all the systems I've got including C4.

Last edited by OzHDHT; 09-14-2014 at 05:58 PM.
post #10445 of 10451 Old 09-14-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-makes-...row-projector/

Some discussion about stacking 1100ES here.

Does anybody know what they used for the last image in the article, which has the image split into 4 different quadrants like a video wall? Likely typical tradeshow magic, but the article is a little vague about if this is meant for consumers or not.

Matt
post #10446 of 10451 Old Today, 02:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 225
In case anyone is interested, and I know this doesn't pertain specifically to the 1100ES because it only accepts 4:2:0 at 60hz, but nVidia just launched two new video cards (GTX 970 and GTX 980, the latter being the flagship card) that has a full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 port (support for 4K at 60hz 4:4:4 RGB). It's also significantly more powerful than the previous generation cards. This should be able to handle madVR's NNEDI3 image doubling better and definitely handle JINC scaling 1080p--> 4K with ease compared to last gen cards. For those looking for a cheaper alternative than a Lumagen to scale your blu-rays to 4K should pick one up while you still can. Zombie has compared a 4K lumagen to JINC and prefers JINC scaling over the lumagen. NNEDI3 is even better. I expect them to sell out within 48 hours and not be available until new stock comes which may take weeks. This card is "future-proof" and will work when we finally see full bandwidth HDMI chips on new 4K projectors. I just picked one up on Newegg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10447 of 10451 Old Today, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
In case anyone is interested, and I know this doesn't pertain specifically to the 1100ES because it only accepts 4:2:0 at 60hz, but nVidia just launched two new video cards (GTX 970 and GTX 980, the latter being the flagship card) that has a full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 port (support for 4K at 60hz 4:4:4 RGB). It's also significantly more powerful than the previous generation cards. This should be able to handle madVR's NNEDI3 image doubling better and definitely handle JINC scaling 1080p--> 4K with ease compared to last gen cards. For those looking for a cheaper alternative than a Lumagen to scale your blu-rays to 4K should pick one up while you still can. Zombie has compared a 4K lumagen to JINC and prefers JINC scaling over the lumagen. NNEDI3 is even better. I expect them to sell out within 48 hours and not be available until new stock comes which may take weeks. This card is "future-proof" and will work when we finally see full bandwidth HDMI chips on new 4K projectors. I just picked one up on Newegg.
Good information, and I'm sure it's interesting, but the idea of relying on a Windows PC again for Blu Ray playback is completely unappealing to me (and several others I know) after years of trying to achieve the coveted WAF. Actually could not achieve MAF (my acceptance factor!) Too many odd and random behaviors. Even Arcsoft has now dropiped TMT.

And this solution is limited only to Blu Ray. If you have other sources, like cable or Directv or other streamers, you cannot leverage whatever this card potentially does, where a Lumagen helps all.

I suppose gamers might like this more however...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10448 of 10451 Old Today, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Search is dead but nobody mentioned that Odemax website died a while ago did they? What is everybody here with a Redray going to use them for now? I guess I don't even remember if it really shipped, glad I cancelled mine.

Amazing Red would let that happen without a replacement service.
It really shipped and is still shipping. Many manufacturers are using preloaded content for store displays and show displays. Epson used it at Cedia. JVC used it and uses one in every AVAD to feed 4K content to its 4K panel. I wouldn't buy one except if I were shooting 4K content and wanted to distribute it to other Redray owners. It has its uses in the trade. For consumers, probably not.

Mark Haflich

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #10449 of 10451 Old Today, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-makes-...row-projector/

Some discussion about stacking 1100ES here.

Does anybody know what they used for the last image in the article, which has the image split into 4 different quadrants like a video wall? Likely typical tradeshow magic, but the article is a little vague about if this is meant for consumers or not.
thanks for the link. more enjoyable to read than most press reports on the same subjects. I like the bit about split screen displays and how do you split the audio. For those instances where I have more than one piece of content showing at the same time, I have modified a electronic game paddle normally used for playing electronic squash (think tennis if you don't know squat whoops squash, so that the position of my head is sent to the computer which then activates a selector switch to select the audio for the source I am watching. The problem is that I must turn my head. I am working on an eye sensor. they actually exist, all of this stuff, in the simulation industry, though not for sound selection but that is child's play.

Mark Haflich

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #10450 of 10451 Old Today, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Good information, and I'm sure it's interesting, but the idea of relying on a Windows PC again for Blu Ray playback is completely unappealing to me (and several others I know) after years of trying to achieve the coveted WAF. Actually could not achieve MAF (my acceptance factor!) Too many odd and random behaviors. Even Arcsoft has now dropiped TMT.

And this solution is limited only to Blu Ray. If you have other sources, like cable or Directv or other streamers, you cannot leverage whatever this card potentially does, where a Lumagen helps all.

I suppose gamers might like this more however...
I've just never had a bad experience using a PC for media playback so personally I only have great things to say. Then again I don't use TMT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page