Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 351 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10501 of 10504 Old Today, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I finally removed my VW-500 today and replaced it with the VW-1100 that's been sitting in the box for a week.

I see there are a number of settings that differ on the 1100 to the 500. As the manual is so useless can someone pitch in and clarify please?

Motionflow, are you using it on or off?

Black level adjustment, H/M or low?

Normal or Mastered in 4K?

Gamma set to OFF or 2.2?

Film Projection ON or OFF?

Smooth Gradation H/M or Low?

Im also searching for the RS232 codes, HDMI 1 and 2 differ from the VW-500?

Thanks in advance...

Murray Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RapalloAV; Today at 12:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10502 of 10504 Old Today, 02:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Atmos

I know this is our 1100 thread but combining it with the greatest sound I have heard to date in our room has given the home theater experience quite a nice boost.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	290754  

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

post #10503 of 10504 Old Today, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I finally removed my VW-500 today and replaced it with the VW-1100 that's been sitting in the box for a week.

I see there are a number of settings that differ on the 1100 to the 500. As the manual is so useless can someone pitch in and clarify please?

Motionflow, are you using it on or off?

Black level adjustment, H/M or low?

Normal or Mastered in 4K?

Gamma set to OFF or 2.2?

Film Projection ON or OFF?

Smooth Gradation H/M or Low?

Im also searching for the RS232 codes, HDMI 1 and 2 differ from the VW-500?

Thanks in advance...
Murray.

It depends on the source mostly.

Film projection for movies at 24 fps etc, motion flow for sports and then it depends on you, I set it at low but it depends on the viewer and whether they see artifacts if it is set higher. Gamma at 2.2 for video, 2.4 for films. But of course custom gammas are possible internally or externally with a lumagen etc. Black level adj on most content doesn't seem to make a real. You can see the change but it really makes little difference in content to me. Purist keep it off. Smooth graduation, once again it depends, if you see banding in content maybe medium. doesn't help the consistent horizontal strip of light banding one third up, projector inverted, caused by the arc flash protection circuit and its interaction with the lamp power supply. You can see this on a gray field. Banding caused by not enough bits can be tamed a bit with the smooth graduation set to say medium. Some won't notice banding even if its there.
RC will be different on the 1100ES. Turn it on, set resolution to minimum, noise filtering to around 4. Play with that setting of 4. You might find it better at 3.

Iris. Most run the DI at full to increase screen brightness without turning lamp to high. Less artifacting however if set to partial. Once again, it depends on room lighting, screen size, gain.

And finally, are you seriously asking re normal or mastered in 4K you should set for normal bluray vs Sony's mastered in 4K blurays. I guess you could thing that non mastered in 4K blurays might look better using the mastered in 4K setting. This might depend on whether you are setting aspect to normal of 1.85 or 2.35. I use normal aspect always and prefer using normal vs mastered in 4K material setting.

Mark Haflich

call me at: 240 876 2536
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page