Old Today, 02:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
That serial number makes no sense. Many of owners here who have owned machines for several years have later serial numbers. are you sure your machine doesn't start with an 1100 instead of a 1000. For 1100 machines, I doubt they have sold that many and your number ould make sense..
I double-checked. The serial number is 10004xx. The model is VPL-VW1100ES and the manufacturing date is 11/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 02:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
I am going from memory here having not recharged my glasses batteries in a long time but I think the recharger is just a cord that plugs into the mains (like that sophisticated Euro touch? ) and the other end into the glasses. could be mistaken.
My chord is simply a USB cable with a mini or micro connector at the glasses end and a regular USB plug at the other end.
Old Today, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9009 View Post
So, I wasn't happy with the VPL-VW500ES due to its long-duration thermal convergence drift of up to one hour and the lack of colour uniformity, and decided to return it and get the VPL-WV1100ES instead.

I picked up the new unit on Monday. It is a November 2014 production, serial number 10004xx. So not many such projectors have been manufactured. I was in touch with Sony Canada to ensure that the box was factory sealed - for some reason they open some units for 'inspection' - and they tracked it for me from Japan all the way to my dealer.

In summary, I think this unit is a keeper. Although, at this price it should have been more close to perfection and without smudges on the lens.

Here goes my new car for next year...
Very happy for you. I've read your posts about the 500es I really hope this projector brings peace in mind so you can sit back and enjoy some movies and not worry about various annoying issues!

Did you observe a difference in black level and general contrast?

After some time with my 500es I really wanted to go for the 1100es as it was that good. The thought that it could become even better was tempting!

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread