post #10951 of 10952 Unread Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
All their present 4K projectors are 10.2 Gbps, the real issue was providing for HDCP 2.2 which all the 4K projectors have as well as being able to do 60 at 4:2:0 to meet the voluntary CEA standards so that Joe and Mary know their display is truly UHD. 10.2 vs 18 Gbps really will matter little to many here but it will to some. If it does, sell your projector now and wait for a year or two. there are may cheap 1080p projectors that can hold you over.
In a way, I think you're making my point. All their projectors are 10.2! My hypothesis was that they could have but didn't hold off a littler longer to deliver an 18 GB upgrade and new projectors. It was likely only a matter of delaying a few months or some planning ahead to acquire 18 GB chips sooner. As I said, if they weren't so much in the red, they probably could have done this with minimal impact. There's still really no competition in the 4K projector market, so why rush out 10.2 GB units?

As for buying a cheap 1080p, I already had a very nice Epson 6030 from a certain local shop (that talked up the 1000 later). Why the hell would I take a step back now? As long as the 1100 can handle coming 4K BDs with the current motherboard, I'm satisfied. I'm just saying that Sony probably could have waited a little longer to provide a more future-proof 18 GB solution. I think that's all anyone else is saying too.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10952 of 10952 Unread Today, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
And if Sony truly cared about early adopting FMP owners, they'd get their act together with their UHD download content. Even without improved color, I see no technical reason why most of their new releases can't look as good as the free shorts. They could even provide them in P3 with more detail and HD sound. Or are we to expect that the first releases of UHD-BD from Sony will look no better than what we're getting on the X1 (or X10)? If that's the case, then UHD-BD will be DOA, especially if priced higher than BDs.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page