Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 388 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11611 of 11616 Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post
You did reconnect it to HDMI 2 on the PJ, right?
Yes. Went through that earlier.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11612 of 11616 Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Yes. Went through that earlier.
Yeah - audio works on the X10 and the whole thing works when connected directly to the projector but not at all when piped through the 8802a. But - why would that be the case? The whole point of the 8802a is that it works with 2.2.
post #11613 of 11616 Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 497
After a hiccup where I had a similar issue, I am able to get the Sony FMP X1, the earlier model, the properly play through the 8802a - I ended up unplugging both the FMP and the 8802 from power for about a minute. Then I repowered and started the 8802 first, waiting until it was booted, then powered the FMP via the Sony tablet (there is no remote unlike the X10)

It freshly reminded me how much I don't give a crap about the FMP and Sony service...but it is working in my case.

Thrang's Theater: Sony VPLVW-1100 - Bowers & Willkins 800/802/803/HTM2D D2 Diamond - JL Audio Fathom 113 - Lumagen 2143 - Marantz 8802 - Parasound Halo JC1/A51/A23 - Oppo 103 - Dune Smart B1/Synology 20TB NAS - DirecTV Genie - TiVo Roamio - Apple TV - PS4 • Audio: Sennheiser HD800 - Oppo HA1 - Kef LS50 - iTunes/Pure Music - iMac 5k • Last Watched: The Godfather - Last Listened: King Crimson "Discipline"
post #11614 of 11616 Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

I know, the FMPs are all bad (the x10 is a modicum better but still a flawed product)... I'll try that to re-initiate handshake. Thanks thrang - appreciate the advice and good to hear that someone else had this issue.
post #11615 of 11616 Old Today, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question about the HDMI 2 on some current projectors.... Since some are limited to 10Gbps rather than 18Gbps... What happens if bandwidth exceeds 10Gbps? Will it simply not play? I read that 6Gbps is enough to carry 4K video at 60 fps, or 3D 4K at 30 fps, along with 32 audio channels (source: www.extremetech.com) so what is the benefit of having so much overhead?

Last edited by voodoo1694; Today at 02:12 PM.
post #11616 of 11616 Unread Today, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
After a hiccup where I had a similar issue, I am able to get the Sony FMP X1, the earlier model, the properly play through the 8802a - I ended up unplugging both the FMP and the 8802 from power for about a minute. Then I repowered and started the 8802 first, waiting until it was booted, then powered the FMP via the Sony tablet (there is no remote unlike the X10)

It freshly reminded me how much I don't give a crap about the FMP and Sony service...but it is working in my case.
Tried this tonight. No joy. Don't know what else to do at this point. Can anyone think of anything? Does CEC need to be on in the receiver for HDCP to work correctly? I turned it off today on the FMP.

Spaceballs said it best - "Even in the future nothing works.".
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page