Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 392 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11731 of 11733 Unread Today, 08:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
I own a Lumagen. They can glitch. And there are numerous settings that, if not correct, and degrade the picture. So from a video issue troubleshooting perspective, in principle it makes sense to remove a video processor as a split half process to isolate.
Well, yes, the user can mess things up, of course, but the Lumagen itself is not going to randomly "degrade"; at least I've never experienced that and have owned all the models...

I suspect user error.

My cinema: The Cave!
My kit: 15' 2.35:1 Screen Research CP2 4-way mask, Sony vw1000es, Lumagen Pro, Meridian 861/621/7x5500/2xSW5500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11732 of 11733 Unread Today, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H View Post
Well, yes, the user can mess things up, of course, but the Lumagen itself is not going to randomly "degrade"; at least I've never experienced that and have owned all the models...

I suspect user error.
I've already concluded that the artifact is in the source...
post #11733 of 11733 Unread Today, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
You don´t set your brightness based on different films you set it according to a brightness pattern, if you have to set your 1100 down to around 20-25 it is something seriously wrong as it should be set at around 50 in most cases.

And if you use the 2.35 Zoom on the 1100ES you use the whole 4096x2160 pixels of the chip when watching a 16x9 film, but if you use the zoom function on a 2.35:1 screen you don´t use the whole chip as you loose many pixels in the black bars.
Where can I get an accurate brightness test pattern for the vw1100es? Also, I'm using "Reference" and most advanced features are turned off. Anything that could be causing me to have to turn down the brightness that I might be overlooking?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page