Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 421 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1226Likes

post #12601 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3409 Post(s)
Liked: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak View Post
The problem with fanboyism is that it seems to swing both ways. I am happy to see that a lot of the dealers in my country is making pretty bold statements on the local forums when measuring New JVC / New Sony / Epson laser calibrated that the field is more even than ever. Whatever you buy, it will look extremely similar (and good) this year...

Street prices should really not influence everything said on the forum around the merits of the different brands, ideally. But I feel that the US prices influences this forum a lot. Sad, since I have always followed this forum based on the competence displayed among it's members and contributors.

Seems like you caught a bit of that fanboyism bug yourself, Seegs, after your recent switch. I'm calling it out!

The difference between a fanboy and me is that fan boys stick to one brand and talk as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. I on the other hand have tried them all and have simply come to the conclusion the JVC is simply the best image out there under 2000 lumens. It's also an oddity that the others who've done the same also own a JVC currently. Hmmm.....

The 1100ES, if it held it's original contrast, would also be in contention for this spot. I've said this many times now and I would have held on to my 1100ES much longer than 6 months. A fanboy wouldn't say such things if he were a true fanboy.
Andreas21 and maximus74 like this.

Last edited by Seegs108; 12-04-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12602 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I have had the same tools I have always had for measuring but I never post my results. I did a long time ago and a few others purchased based on my Review sample which was somewhat different. It's not worth the grief to me. This is first and foremost a hobby to me. Now if I was being paid or working for a webzine or magazine....

I know some here are upset or worried about "Contrast-Gate" but I won't have the 665 long enough to participate anyway.
I have no idea what tools you have, and is there a reason for you not to post your results?

Good luck with the 5000ES, I will never buy a Sony again before I am 100% sure they have fixed the panel degradation. My 1100 had 3000:1 on/off after 1000 hours. If you think the "Contrast-Gate" is a joke so be it, and I have said it before, ignorance is bliss.

And speaking of luck of the draw, I have sent in several Sonys because of serious problems on new machines including a VW1000. And I have never had to do that with a JVC and I have owned 6. I also know several JVC owners who have owned many different JVCs and the last models Xx00 series there has been very few problems. With the early Xx and Xx0 series there was much more problems and it seems that JVC has done steps in their quality control.
audvid likes this.

Regards
Andreas
My Homecinema
Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501 on preorder. THX II certified.

Last edited by Andreas21; 12-04-2015 at 02:43 PM.
post #12603 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

A dealer I met who sells Epson, JVC and Sony told me, by a decent margin, Sony units had the highest failure rate. I realize this is anecdotal because of the sample size but he made it sound like he sold many many units of all three brands.
post #12604 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 194
All projectors have warts and all will eventually be surpassed by the next new thing. I considered myself lucky when I could afford a new 1100ES at about half MSRP two years ago. After seeing it in action and the PQ, I didn't see a single wart either. I expected to hold onto it for years because of the warranty, surplus lamps, and future-proof upgrade to support UHD BDs. Heck, I could have ended up a Sony fanboy. The reality turns out to be different after two years all thanks to Sony.

1) The upgrade kit was an expensive joke (played on me). The player was obsolete out of the gate and the content sadly lacking. The mother board was rushed knowing that the chips weren't 18GB and wouldn't support HDR, but we had to buy it then. And the 10 free movie vouchers expired even though we were told that they wouldn't.

2) The projector's native contrast definitely degrades. Mine is measurably less after 1900 hours even with a new lamp. Fortunately, the DI still works great, but there's no way that I'm happy about this and won't hold onto this projector as long as I had hoped for.

3) Sony's silence is deafening!

I'd have considered selling it, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a new JVC knowing that they're not using a native UHD panel, but milking 1080p eShift another year. No matter how good they may look (haven't seen one), I just can't take a step back to 1080p resolution even with eShift. Regardless, it looks like JVC will still eat Sony's shorts this year and gain significant market share back. I'll live with my Sony for a while longer until JVC or someone else comes out with UHD panel so I have another option. Unless Sony steps up to rectify this issue, this will be my last Sony. What's the opposite of a fanboy?
joerod likes this.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My HT gear
post #12605 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 02:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Anyone remember exploding lamps not too long ago?

There is no perfect projector. No perfect brand. Yet again still here are JVC fans in a Sony thread. I remember Reviewing a couple JVCs upon turning on they had a green stripe completely across the screen. It happens... I have only had an issue with one Sony projector I have had here. One.

I just Know for certain I would not be trading in a 1100ES for a shiny black box that isn't a true.... Oh wait, I don't want to be accused of thinking 8.8 million pixels is not better than 2.2 million....

Go ahead and enjoy your JVCs. As my wife likes to say
bye Felicia!

My Sony 5000ES Review PART 2 FINISHED:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1462841668379
post #12606 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyone remember exploding lamps not too long ago?

There is no perfect projector. No perfect brand. Yet again still here are JVC fans in a Sony thread. I remember Reviewing a couple JVCs upon turning on they had a green stripe completely across the screen. It happens... I have only had an issue with one Sony projector I have had here. One.

I just Know for certain I would not be trading in a 1100ES for a shiny black box that isn't a true.... Oh wait, I don't want to be accused of thinking 8.8 million pixels is not better than 2.2 million....

Go ahead and enjoy your JVCs. As my wife likes to say
bye Felicia!

Lamps weren't exploding, they were losing brightness quickly. That's been resolved for 4 years now. Your limited experience, just like the info from the dealer I've spoke woth, is anecdotal and doesn't represent things in a "complete" manner. And again, pixel count is NOT everything.
post #12607 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 03:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Lamps weren't exploding, they were losing brightness quickly. That's been resolved for 4 years now. Your limited experience, just like the info from the dealer I've spoke woth, is anecdotal and doesn't represent things in a "complete" manner. And again, pixel count is NOT everything.
My limited experience? Really? Wow. And saying pixel count is not that important just shows you are a Best Buy employee. And some had lamps explode. Maybe you were too young to remember those days. The grass isn't always greener on the other side but with 4K it sure looks a hell of a lot better...

I'm not wasting my time arguing with a couple guys who are defending their choice to switch projectors. That is 100% your call. Not sure why you stay in the owner's thread still.

The info I know but am not at liberty to discuss here shows how incidental I am to the company. LOL

1080p over 4K?? What year is it??

post #12608 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My limited experience? Really? Wow. And saying pixel count is not that important just shows you are a Best Buy employee. And some had lamps explode. Maybe you were too young to remember those days. The grass isn't always greener on the other side but with 4K it sure looks a hell of a lot better...

I'm not wasting my time arguing with a couple guys who are defending their choice to switch projectors. That is 100% your call. Not sure why you stay in the owner's thread still.

The info I know but am not at liberty to discuss here shows how incidental I am to the company. LOL

No, saying that pixel count DOES matter makes you a best buy employee. I think anyone who compared a 1080p plasma or OLED to a seiki 4K TV knows what you're saying is total BS.

This is especially true when talking about the lens used in the 665es. It does a pretty lackluster job at delineating pixels. This takes away a lot from that 4K panel resolution. Especially when you consider how good the lens in the JVC is...

Last edited by Seegs108; 12-04-2015 at 03:33 PM.
post #12609 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 72
BIG mistake, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
The deal is done, Joe. As I said earlier, it's possible that I will (mildly) regret it. As is said many times, none of these pj's are perfect, so I may be trading some weaknesses for others. In any event, I've had the 1000/1100 for almost 4 yrs, enjoyed it fully, but it will be fun to move to some else for a few yrs and then see what's available. By then I may even choose to go with a large OLED, especially if I decide to sell my house and move to a smaller place.
post #12610 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So since we have sold our Sonys we are not allowed in this tread, oh I forgot you sold your 1100 also??

And lamps exploding can happen to all projectors. And I think Seegs have a point with you having limited experience as you now only look to one brand.

Coming from over 3 years with the VW1000/1100 (Sold it in january 2015) and switching to a JVC X500 and doing multiple side by side tests with them I can tell you for sure that the pixel count is only a small thing. Yes, the VW1100 is sharper and it has a little more pop in brighter scenes when new, but after 6-800 hours it is going downwards with the Sony. After 1000 hours on my VW1100 the only thing being better was the sharpness and when viewing moving 1080p pictures it is not very visible not even with 4K it is very visible. I loved my VW1100, but I am not a fanboy and I have never regretted selling it and buying a JVC and I cant wait until I get my RS600. Watching movies on my HW55 is not quite the same experience as the X500 and probably far from theRS600.

Spending 60000$ on a VW5000 is to me crazy when knowing what happens with the panels over time, but I will not try to stop anyone from buying it. I personally would never spend that kind of money on a projector anyway.

Regards
Andreas
My Homecinema

Last edited by Andreas21; 12-04-2015 at 04:10 PM.
post #12611 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9009 View Post
BIG mistake, in my opinion.
Could be. The thing that really made me spring for the 1000ES ~ 4 yrs ago was the high brightness (plus other fine attributes), since I have a large screen (12ftx6ft). I've been very pleased with it, finding it to give a very solid, first class pic. It's major shortcoming, compared to a JVC, is the richness afforded by the ultra o/f CR of the latter. The new JVC's now have the brightness, and still even higher CR (than my previous RS20), so that is the main reason I decided to switch this year. (I don't think the lack of true 4K is a significant shortcoming of the JVC's for 3 yrs or so, when true 4K material may be common.) This is no criticism of the Sony (I'm not aware of the much-discussed decline of its CR--ignorance IS bliss!), for as said, I still find its pic superb.
post #12612 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 1677
Quote:
Not sure why you stay in the owner's thread still.
For the moment I'm not going to address everything you said, but I am going to comment about this.

For one thing this isn't an owner's thread. For another, even if it was, I can think of exactly 2 people right now on this forum who use this owner's thread excuse to try to be able to say bad things about a product other than the one the thread is about and not be questioned on it. Many people familiar with the other one on the OLED forum don't really consider him somebody who can deal with the adult table conversations all that well and he has been banned under his original name, but is probably back (based on more nonsense posts).

This is the AV Science forum. If it ever becomes a place where people can say whatever kind of nonsense they want and not be questioned on it because it is the owner's thread then I am going to start a thread with only specific serial numbers and if people don't own those they don't get to post in that thread.

Seriously, is that what people think this should be, a place where misinformation is spread under the guise of threads only being for owners?

If you want owners threads like that then you shouldn't be allowed to comment on any other product or make any claim above your abilities. Otherwise, somebody should address misinformation even if they are not an owner.
Quote:
I recall the time you told everybody they were acting like kids as you were the one person acting like a little girl about information you had posted that was very misleading. Sorry, but one difference between the children's table conversations and the adult's table conversations is that the adults realize it isn't the simple. You want to claim a lot of experience and you probably do have a lot of experience. Enough that people should expect you to be able to figure some of these more complicated things out if you want to be considered an expert based on your experience.

BTW: I haven't followed your posts closely over the years, but my memory is that you would build up the product you owned until you sold it, then the next one you got was the greatest thing and you happened to be selling it too. You probably recall how much you trashed the JVCs years ago while you had a Sony, sold the Sony, then got a JVC and claimed that things were so much better with JVC that time even though it wasn't a new model from what you had been trashing. Doesn't seem like the pattern has necessarily changed.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Last edited by darinp2; 12-04-2015 at 04:17 PM.
post #12613 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
Spending 60000$ on a VW5000 is to me crazy when knowing what happens with the panels over time, but I will not try to stop anyone from buying it. I personally would never spend that kind of money on a projector anyway.
I'm guessing that Joerod will be able to sell it without a huge loss and also that he probably won't tell the person he sells it to about the degrading panels problem.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #12614 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked: 2644
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Could be. The thing that really made me spring for the 1000ES ~ 4 yrs ago was the high brightness (plus other fine attributes), since I have a large screen (12ftx6ft). I've been very pleased with it, finding it to give a very solid, first class pic. It's major shortcoming, compared to a JVC, is the richness afforded by the ultra o/f CR of the latter. The new JVC's now have the brightness, and still even higher CR (than my previous RS20), so that is the main reason I decided to switch this year. (I don't think the lack of true 4K is a significant shortcoming of the JVC's for 3 yrs or so, when true 4K material may be common.) This is no criticism of the Sony (I'm not aware of the much-discussed decline of its CR--ignorance IS bliss!), for as said, I still find its pic superb.
I have had in my room the VW1000 for 2 months, VW600 for nearly 2 years and have the RS600 in my room right now. You will be fine. All three are good projectors. Each has attributes that people favor over the other.
joerod likes this.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Parasound, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada, MicroLite & more.
post #12615 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 72
My 1100ES is only 4-500 hours old. But I know that you've used yours a lot, over several bulbs. And you're still finding its image superb, which suggests you're happy with it.

Going down from 4K to 1080p now is a major downgrade, I think. Had I been you, I would have at least waited for JVC (or others) to also come up with native 4K projectors. Perhaps this would happen next year. After using the projector for almost four years, one additional year would have been worthwhile. Unless you really ab]md severely became ill with...upgraditis.

My screen is fairly large, too. It's 9.7x5.4 ft, with HD Progressive 1.3 fabric. I find the 1100ES a tad too bright even on low lamp. My problem is that the HT is in my apartment's living room, which has light coloured walls, and the entire room becomes lit during bright scenes, likely lowering the contrast of the picture on the screen. I don't perceive that in the projected image but the black bars (for non 16:9 material) are definitely not black.

However, I am very fond of my 1100ES projector.

Quote:
joerod likes this.
post #12616 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
My 1100ES is only 4-500 hours old. But I know that you've used yours a lot, over several bulbs. And you're still finding its image superb, which suggests you're happy with it.

Going down from 4K to 1080p now is a major downgrade, I think. Had I been you, I would have at least waited for JVC (or others) to also come up with native 4K projectors. Perhaps this would happen next year. After using the projector for almost four years, one additional year would have been worthwhile. Unless you really ab]md severely became ill with...upgraditis.

My screen is fairly large, too. It's 9.7x5.4 ft, with HD Progressive 1.3 fabric. I find the 1100ES a tad too bright even on low lamp. My problem is that the HT is in my apartment's living room, which has light coloured walls, and the entire room becomes lit during bright scenes, likely lowering the contrast of the picture on the screen. I don't perceive that in the projected image but the black bars (for non 16:9 material) are definitely not black.

And trust me when I say if I sell the 5000ES I will go right back to another 1100ES in a heartbeat.

post #12617 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Oh that's right Darin you are the little girl who always accused me of falsely stating a firmware update improved a pioneer blu ray player's start up time? That was proven false before with a link. I guess your memory sucks.
My memory is fine, but your's doesn't seem to be too good on this one. I didn't post on that subject at all. I just observed somebody acting like a child when the information they posted was misinformation. I know you had your reasons for posting misleading information, but that is separate from how you acted when people tried to find out the truth.
Quote:
I wasn't the one who started it. I made a simple comment and a couple ex Sony fans had to defend their choice for switching.
I just had to quote that because I think that is a pretty fun thing to claim.
Quote:
And I can careless what people decide to buy or not. I do my website on my own. I fund everything myself. Each review averages between 75K to 100K hits. You are absurd saying I "build" something up until I want to sell it? Really??
The pattern doesn't seem to change with you. Sorry, but you are proving much of what I said even in this response.
Quote:
And no hard feeling about not following my posts. I never read yours.
I have no problem with that whatsoever.

--Darin

post #12618 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Liked: 1875
@ michael - 2 advantages on the JVC - the ability to clamp down the iris and still have the dynamic iris work.

native contrast that is in a different league vs. the Sony on it's best day. you have to decide what is important for your viewing preferences.

regarding actual 4K content - it's still going to a while before we see actual UHD releases (end to end, filmed in 4K, PP in 4K). Many movies are shot on the 2.6K Alexa and digital effects processed in 2K. Skyfall was shot with this camera and released in 2K, it looks remarkable on my 11 foot wide screen.

I've owned the VW1000/1100 for several years now, plus a JVC, Sharp and a Planar. I choose the projector that most satisfies my viewing preferences. An RS600 is arriving tomorrow.
post #12619 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
@ michael - 2 advantages on the JVC ...
I may well prefer the VW1000 if it were me, but just to add one more. For a person who wants a true 4K with high on/off CR like only the JVCs do in the consumer projector market the RS600 has a lower street price than the VW1000. So, a person could sell a projector they preferred and save the money toward an upgrade later. Joerod seems to have done that and so should understand it, even though the 4K he is aiming for is the Sony 5000 and somebody else might be aiming toward products that aren't even announced and aren't likely to be out for more than a year.

--Darin

post #12620 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:

Yes, I probably have 8000hrs or more on my 1000/1100ES and still find the pic impressive. However I do somewhat miss the ueber CR of JVC's. And I've seen JVC's eshift '4K lite' and I--and a number of others, more experienced than I, who have done a side by side comparison--find very little difference between them, ESPECIALLY when comparing how they upscale and present 1080p input, which will be >90% of the source material we will have for years. So I think 'true 4K', while OK, is not a significant variable in the equation at this point in time.
post #12621 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post
My memory is fine, but your's doesn't seem to be too good on this one. I didn't post on that subject at all. I just observed somebody acting like a child when the information they posted was misinformation. I know you had your reasons for posting misleading information, but that is separate from how you acted when people tried to find out the truth.
I just had to quote that because I think that is a pretty fun thing to claim.
The pattern doesn't seem to change with you. Sorry, but you are proving much of what I said even in this response.
I have no problem with that whatsoever.

--Darin
I have no problem with it either. Your posts make us laugh too. Thank you for that.

post #12622 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I may well prefer the VW1000 if it were me, but just to add one more. For a person who wants a true 4K with high on/off CR like only the JVCs do in the consumer projector market the RS600 has a lower street price than the VW1000. So, a person could sell a projector they preferred and save the money toward an upgrade later. Joerod seems to have done that and so should understand it, even though the 4K he is aiming for is the Sony 5000 and somebody else might be aiming toward products that aren't even announced and aren't likely to be out for more than a year.

--Darin
Am I the only one here who sells something to set up his next purchase? It's like playing pool. I was setting up my next shot. My next Review. It's a hobby that I enjoy doing. See, we agree on something. Miracles do happen.

post #12623 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

The 5000ES could be the last projector I buy. If it ends up being that I will retire from AVS as well.

post #12624 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Am I the only one here who sells something to set up his next purchase?
I don't think you understood my post(s).

--Darin

post #12625 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 05:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I don't think you understood my post(s).

--Darin
I never have. That's part of our issues. lol

It's cool though. We can agree to disagree like always. Have a good night.

post #12626 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You too.

--Darin
joerod likes this.

post #12627 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I have had in my room the VW1000 for 2 months, VW600 for nearly 2 years and have the RS600 in my room right now. You will be fine. All three are good projectors. Each has attributes that people favor over the other.
Quoted for truth. Mike has it right in saying that no projector is perfect and that each one will have it's strengths over others. It just depends on which aspects of image quality you prefer most that will sway you one way or another. And any one of these projectors will put out an image that is jaw-droppingly good.
joaquin and joerod like this.
post #12628 of 13921 Old 12-04-2015, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Quoted for truth. Mike has it right in saying that no projector is perfect and that each one will have it's strengths over others. It just depends on which aspects of image quality you prefer most that will sway you one way or another. And any one of these projectors will put out an image that is jaw-droppingly good.
Not only projector my friends...just about any thing... that each one will have it's strengths over others.

We are all united by our passion for projectors.

Stay thirsty my friends...

Last edited by joaquin; 12-04-2015 at 07:17 PM.
post #12629 of 13921 Old 12-05-2015, 02:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have had the same tools I have always had for measuring but I never post my results. I did a long time ago and a few others purchased based on my Review sample which was somewhat different. It's not worth the grief to me. This is first and foremost a hobby to me. Now if I was being paid or working for a webzine or magazine....

I know some here are upset or worried about "Contrast-Gate" but I won't have the 665 long enough to participate anyway.
You never answered my questions.

As I have no idea what tools you use I wonder what they are, and is there a reason for you not to post the results of your measurements?

I also have a question about 4K: How much native 4K material did you watch on your VW1000 and 1100? By that I mean movies. I have been one of the hardest defenders of the VW1000/1100 on this forum, but I don´t understand your statements around the Sony vs JVC as I owned both (1100 and X500) at the same time and know how they look side by side.

Regards
Andreas
My Homecinema

Last edited by Andreas21; 12-05-2015 at 02:36 AM.
post #12630 of 13921 Old 12-05-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

I have always used Sencore equipment. It's a little long in the tooth but still gets the job done very accurately. Do you qualify as a fanboy if you make your avatar the brand's component? Just curious.

And besides the 4K server (brick and puck) for 4K material I can't answer how much other 4K media I have access to. I am under a NDA. With my limited experience (kidding) I have been a beta tester for quite a few companies the past 10 years or so. I have had many JVC projectors as well but at the end of the day they have never been as good for sports and video gaming. Sure they are nice for those darker films but we watch sports as much as we do movies during football season. Colors have always been better on the Sony models. Motion too! We all have our own tastes and our own wallets. It just depends how much you want to spend or sometimes how much cheaper you can get the other one for. It's as much a monetary decision as it is a taste for some. You ask yourself if you can live with the difference gaining 6K by switching (that is based on selling a 1100 for a rs600) back to 1080p. My front row guests would definitely notice... And want their money back! Lol

I appreciate you wanting to stick by your decision and defend it. You don't need to. I am not sitting in the JVC threads talking about Sony.
I just hope by the time the 5000ES hits you guys are in JVC bliss. Now I remember why I haven't visited AVS as often as I used to. And I truly know why many experts and company reps no longer come here. I am just glad I have thicker skin these days or a 4K flame suit on...
G-Rex likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page