AVS Special Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro DC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My new favorite game is Save The Titanic
Advantages of the Sony 1000 vs the JVC RS55:
1. Much brighter (~ 2x), and as we all know, brightness is a seducer'!
2. Native CR is likely as great or greater, plus has an excellent DI to amplify it
3. Shorter min throw ratio (1.27 vs 1.38) [Darin, didn't you post some while ago, re the JVC, that min throw gave the sharpest pic?]
4. Quieter (probably by at least ~ 6 dB)
5. Probably better fast motion handling (at least this has been true so far for SXRD vs DILA)
6. A true 4K pj, can take 4K input (and Lumagen seems to be planning on a next generation Radiance that can output 4K from 1080i/p, etc., sources)
Both have lens memory and regional pixel adjust, so that's a draw.
So the Sony 1000 seems to best the RS55 in all important parametersbrightness, CR, resolution, quietness, throw ratio, etc.
|Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories|