Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 81 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2401 of 10781 Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Ben Withrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Looks like end of May/early June for me as well.

G-Rex,

Good to hear things are progressing. I had no idea when I got into this project that it would take so long. Let's hope it is worth the wait. Did you decide on the ST130 at 141" wide?

Ben
Ben Withrow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2402 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
fugueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I hosted the 4K premiere of my friend Tom Lowe's magnificent debut film TimeScapes. The 4K imagery was GLORIOUS, amplifying everything I wrote after the 2K premiere at NAB in Las Vegas last month: "Timescapes is spellbindingly transporting, meditative, and primordial-a truly elemental and entrancing masterwork from a bold new visionary"
Here is a short documentary of the premiere screening: http://vimeo.com/41180541



With TimeScapes, Tom is ushering in the 4K era!

Check out these trailers:
http://vimeo.com/33110953
http://vimeo.com/16369165

4K trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GYrbecb88

Pre-order the blu-ray, DVD, HD download, and soundtrack here: http://timescapes.org/

The 4K version will be available soon!

Once you see some proper 4K content, there's really no going back...

I caught the premiere of SAMSARA in 4K at the Toronto Film Festival - it was absolutely stunning and packed quite an emotional punch.
Here's the just released trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/samsara/
fugueness is offline  
post #2403 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
BrianMundt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugueness View Post

I hosted the 4K premiere of my friend Tom Lowe's magnificent debut film TimeScapes. The 4K imagery was GLORIOUS, amplifying everything I wrote after the 2K premiere at NAB in Las Vegas last month: "Timescapes is spellbindingly transporting, meditative, and primordial-a truly elemental and entrancing masterwork from a bold new visionary"
Here is a short documentary of the premiere screening: http://vimeo.com/41180541



With TimeScapes, Tom is ushering in the 4K era!

Check out these trailers:
http://vimeo.com/33110953
http://vimeo.com/16369165

4K trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GYrbecb88

Pre-order the blu-ray, DVD, HD download, and soundtrack here: http://timescapes.org/

The 4K version will be available soon!

Once you see some proper 4K content, there's really no going back...

I caught the premiere of SAMSARA in 4K at the Toronto Film Festival - it was absolutely stunning and packed quite an emotional punch.
Here's the just released trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/samsara/

Wow, even that picture looks great! Those colors are so vibrant. I'm sure there will be many VW1000ES owners who purchase this when it's available in 4K.

What kind of screen is that?
BrianMundt is offline  
post #2404 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
OzHDHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Antipodes aka Oz
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugueness View Post

]

With TimeScapes, Tom is ushering in the 4K era!


4K trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GYrbecb88



The 4K version will be available soon!

Once you see some proper 4K content, there's really no going back...

I caught the premiere of SAMSARA in 4K at the Toronto Film Festival - it was absolutely stunning and packed quite an emotional punch.
Here's the just released trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/samsara/

Awesome Fugueness, look forward to 4K availability. Meantime will check that clip out. Hopefully my better PC spec will help give a better result with the Youtube clip and others, which haven't played smoothly when properly downloaded for whatever reason.

OzHDHT is offline  
post #2405 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Senior Member
 
BrianMundt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Awesome Fugueness, look forward to 4K availability. Meantime will check that clip out. Hopefully my better PC spec will help give a better result with the Youtube clip and others, which haven't played smoothly when properly downloaded for whatever reason.

What do you mean by "haven't played smoothly?" I've heard some reports about the 4K capable video cards not being up to the task. Even the Sony-supplied computers, which other reviewers have used to demo true 4K content were reportedly "jerky." Hopefully this is a problem with the PCs and not the projector itself...
BrianMundt is offline  
post #2406 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
img eL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wow! I wonder how many gigs the 4k version of Timescapes will be?
img eL is offline  
post #2407 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
G-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 874
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Withrow View Post


G-Rex,

Good to hear things are progressing. I had no idea when I got into this project that it would take so long. Let's hope it is worth the wait. Did you decide on the ST130 at 141" wide?

Yes, 141" wide ST130
G-Rex is offline  
post #2408 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

No, I left my setup as is for my first test....which funny enough turned out ok.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Time to kick back and enjoy some movies. I wish Avengers was out on blu ray!!!

Please let us know about any feedback Jeff has about this -- I am on my 2nd projector now and I was looking at him coming by as soon as this month. I can't imagine either having him come all the way to my house if I'm not on my final projector or if there is some possible issue with his test setup.

Sounds like I may be better off putting it off until he sees more 1000ES units.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2409 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have to say with reading everything about maybe this projector not being up to the task for 3D, I was happily surprised testing out my first BluRay 3D on this projector (with D-Box to boot so I got "4D"). I didn't even try 3D until I got my replacement 1000ES in. Kung Fu Panda looked great, with a 160" SeymourAV/Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K. I am running at almost minimum throw on a new bulb. Seems like there is quite a bit of brightness to spare for bulb life. I do have a completely light controlled room.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2410 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Has anybody submitted a request to have Nvidia support the VPL-VW1000ES in their 3DTV Play product? Supposedly they are good about adding projectors that end users submit. Here is the page that describes the process:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2774

Here is the page that lists other Sony PJs but not the 1000ES:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-pl...uirements.html

You have to actually run a program on your HTPC and submit a report to get it submitted it looks like. I believe this is because they limit the functionality with EDID. I won't have my HTPC hooked up for a while, and I'd find it hard to believe nobody here has already done this anyway...the 95ES is on the list and has been for a while...

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2411 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
calv1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have a PC build that is running 4k smoothly? If so can you post the build (components software etc..?) I'd like to build one for 4k output to Sony but would like to make sure I have the proper card and hardware to run it smoothly.

Thanks Fugueness for the post and the links. I'd certainly be interested in ordering these 4k films.

Thanks
Calvin
calv1n is offline  
post #2412 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
RayFischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my 1000 up and running for about a month now and am loving it. I have a 10' wide Stewart 130. I notice occasional "jerkiness" in motion when watching either TV(FIos) or BD's(Oppo). While watching baseball, movements are not always smoothly flowing, almost like the processor can't process the image quickly enough. It is only an occasional item and the picture is still fantastic, but I am wondering if the settings I have chosen could be influencing this. I will eventually go in and play around with the settings, but I was wondering whether anybody here could hazard a few insights into which, if any, of the settings I might try to tweak to see if this can be resolved. Thanks as always.
RayFischer is offline  
post #2413 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
mookie b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFischer View Post

I have had my 1000 up and running for about a month now and am loving it. I have a 10' wide Stewart 130. I notice occasional "jerkiness" in motion when watching either TV(FIos) or BD's(Oppo). While watching baseball, movements are not always smoothly flowing, almost like the processor can't process the image quickly enough. It is only an occasional item and the picture is still fantastic, but I am wondering if the settings I have chosen could be influencing this. I will eventually go in and play around with the settings, but I was wondering whether anybody here could hazard a few insights into which, if any, of the settings I might try to tweak to see if this can be resolved. Thanks as always.

I had something similar and Thrang helped me out...I think its called film mode on the expert settings....setting it at Auto1 creates some jerkiness on some material. Turn it off or on Auto2.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21706672

mookie b is offline  
post #2414 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Looking forward to checking out Underworld Awakenings tonight!

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
joerod is offline  
post #2415 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
RayFischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. I'll try it tonight.
RayFischer is offline  
post #2416 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
DigsMovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arriving Somewhere...
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10




Surprisingly good image on a wrinkled sheet! I'll have a real screen up for it soon. The mounting points are forward of the center of gravity, so the projector is "tail heavy" on this mount (Chief). I've got to really tighten up the pitch locking screw to hold in level. Do other Chief users find the same to be true? Love the noise floor on this thing! So quiet for a projector with this light output.
LL
DigsMovies is offline  
post #2417 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
mookie b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post




Surprisingly good image on a wrinkled sheet! I'll have a real screen up for it soon. The mounting points are forward of the center of gravity, so the projector is "tail heavy" on this mount (Chief). I've got to really tighten up the pitch locking screw to hold in level. Do other Chief users find the same to be true? Love the noise floor on this thing! So quiet for a projector with this light output.

I find the same true. I need to straighten mine out a little more one of these days...

mookie b is offline  
post #2418 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
d.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

I have to say with reading everything about maybe this projector not being up to the task for 3D, I was happily surprised testing out my first BluRay 3D on this projector (with D-Box to boot so I got "4D"). I didn't even try 3D until I got my replacement 1000ES in. Kung Fu Panda looked great, with a 160" SeymourAV/Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K. I am running at almost minimum throw on a new bulb. Seems like there is quite a bit of brightness to spare for bulb life. I do have a completely light controlled room.


Matt

Is it a 160" diagonal or 160" wide screen ? ( anyway it is a BIG and impressive screen size ) and I think you are the first to have reported good brightness in 3D on a low gain screen ( EN4K is around 0.8-0.9 gain ).
And I think it is probely because you use it "almost minimum throw " where everybody else use it far away and loose a lot off light, but most other owners for now "compensates" with a higher gain screen ( typic 2.4 - 2.8 gain or the Studiotek 130/ 1.3 gain ) .

Thanks for sharing and BTW you havnt meassured the light output on the screen in 2D and 3D ?

dj
d.j. is offline  
post #2419 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 45
160" wide CIH 2.37:1, and I was zoomed using the full size, so I wasn't using the full chip area. I do not have any tools to measure screen brightness. I wish now I would have tried on my original unit before I unhooked it, since that bulb had almost 200 hours on it.

I was prepared to have to zoom it down and not use the full size of the screen.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2420 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Looking forward to checking out Underworld Awakenings tonight!

+1. I have a huge backlog of 3D BluRays to get through but this should be one of the better ones considering how it was filmed. Most of the 3D BDs I got on sale over the holidays since my Sammy DLP (that also has 3D) was unhooked during our remodel project and theater build.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2421 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
DigsMovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arriving Somewhere...
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I find the same true. I need to straighten mine out a little more one of these days...

OK.... I feel better. The mounting location seemed straightforward (dare I say idiot proof? ) I'm a bit surprised Sony didn't place the mounting points further back.

I had my wife watch the mount as I lifted the PJ into it. I showed her beforehand how the base plate mated with the mount. Her only job was to tell me when the PJ was locked into the mount. She said "OK it's locked in". Well..... it's a REALLY good thing I didn't let go of the PJ because it was NOT locked in!!!! The PJ was just barely caught on the edge of the mount, but the mount was supporting some weight so I might have let go. If it fell, it would have taken out the granite bar counter underneath it too. Women.......
DigsMovies is offline  
post #2422 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,449
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post

OK.... I feel better. The mounting location seemed straightforward (dare I say idiot proof? ) I'm a bit surprised Sony didn't place the mounting points further back.

I had my wife watch the mount as I lifted the PJ into it. I showed her beforehand how the base plate mated with the mount. Her only job was to tell me when the PJ was locked into the mount. She said "OK it's locked in". Well..... it's a REALLY good thing I didn't let go of the PJ because it was NOT locked in!!!! The PJ was just barely caught on the edge of the mount, but the mount was supporting some weight so I might have let go. If it fell, it would have taken out the granite bar counter underneath it too. Women.......

Man, that could have been a divorce right there.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #2423 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
mookie b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post

OK.... I feel better. The mounting location seemed straightforward (dare I say idiot proof? ) I'm a bit surprised Sony didn't place the mounting points further back.

I had my wife watch the mount as I lifted the PJ into it. I showed her beforehand how the base plate mated with the mount. Her only job was to tell me when the PJ was locked into the mount. She said "OK it's locked in". Well..... it's a REALLY good thing I didn't let go of the PJ because it was NOT locked in!!!! The PJ was just barely caught on the edge of the mount, but the mount was supporting some weight so I might have let go. If it fell, it would have taken out the granite bar counter underneath it too. Women.......

I think they have a plate made for the Sony so it mounts better, but I don't really know where to get it or how. I need to just take the time to unscrew the angle screws on the mount, and tighten them back down.

I've been through all that!!! I've taken mine down a couple times with my wife helping me...we're old hands at it now though!

mookie b is offline  
post #2424 of 10781 Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
OzHDHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Antipodes aka Oz
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

I have to say with reading everything about maybe this projector not being up to the task for 3D, I was happily surprised testing out my first BluRay 3D on this projector (with D-Box to boot so I got "4D"). I didn't even try 3D until I got my replacement 1000ES in. Kung Fu Panda looked great, with a 160" SeymourAV/Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K. I am running at almost minimum throw on a new bulb. Seems like there is quite a bit of brightness to spare for bulb life. I do have a completely light controlled room.

Horses for course with screen size and 160" is pretty decent at which ever measurement used. However it's safe to say my comments and those with more average to smaller screens 110" diag or so, have been nothing but raves about the brilliant 3D performance. I wish I had the room currently to scale up to something more substantial myself, but looks like 123" diag is going to be the extent of it.

OzHDHT is offline  
post #2425 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

+1. I have a huge backlog of 3D BluRays to get through but this should be one of the better ones considering how it was filmed. Most of the 3D BDs I got on sale over the holidays since my Sammy DLP (that also has 3D) was unhooked during our remodel project and theater build.

Amazing!!!
Man I love movies shot with 3D cameras.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
joerod is offline  
post #2426 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I think they have a plate made for the Sony so it mounts better, but I don't really know where to get it or how. I need to just take the time to unscrew the angle screws on the mount, and tighten them back down.

I've been through all that!!! I've taken mine down a couple times with my wife helping me...we're old hands at it now though!

Yep. I would just call Chief direct and ask for the model # of the plate. That would be the best way to you rather than using the universal.

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
adidino is online now  
post #2427 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,449
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I think they have a plate made for the Sony so it mounts better, but I don't really know where to get it or how. I need to just take the time to unscrew the angle screws on the mount, and tighten them back down.

I've been through all that!!! I've taken mine down a couple times with my wife helping me...we're old hands at it now though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Yep. I would just call Chief direct and ask for the model # of the plate. That would be the best way to you rather than using the universal.

That is the 020 plate for the Sony projectors. So the RPA mount is: RPA020.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #2428 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
DigsMovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arriving Somewhere...
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yup... I'm using the Chief 020 Sony specific plate. Fits perfectly on the projector. Centers the mount between the threaded mounting points on the projector. These mounting points are slightly forward of the center of gravity though. If you look at the pic I posted of my projector, you can see the pole is not centered on the projector. Would have been better if Sony had placed the mounting points a bit further back. Perhaps there are structural reasons why they put them where they did. I've seen some other pics in this thread where the pole/mount is more centered on the projector.
DigsMovies is offline  
post #2429 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaveN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: TN
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried the Darbee Vision Darblet with the vpl-vw1000? I have been waiting to see a post from a 1000 owner. The price is reasonable if the improvement is significant.
DaveN is offline  
post #2430 of 10781 Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN View Post

Has anyone tried the Darbee Vision Darblet with the vpl-vw1000? I have been waiting to see a post from a 1000 owner. The price is reasonable if the improvement is significant.

I should have one here shortly. I am more interested in testing it wih Directv than anything else. Mainly sports!

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
joerod is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off