AVS Forum banner

release date for Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector

37K views 317 replies 51 participants last post by  GoCaboNow 
#1 ·
hi i read somewhere that the Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector will be released this year for around $5000 but i see that it has been released in 2010..is this true

#102 ·
The non pro line usually (as in normally based on past history) does not come with mounts and three year warranties, just two year warranties. Epson does run free 2nd bulb promotions from time to time but not near product introduction time.

It would be crazy to have two different CMSs. Let's make one rtight and then pleasse screw it up a bit for the cheaper model. Either a CMS allows what needs to be done to be done or it doesn't though I suppose one could say introduce on purpose a few second blanking dely everytime you click one of the controls to err annoy the calibrator and substantially increase calibration time.

#105 ·
Nice short review, wish he would have said more about it. But one he did say was the best black ever. Well, can't wait to here more reviews from the first lucky people to get one of these or the 31000 or which ever models will be available in NA.

#107 ·
All signs seem to point to an imminent release of the EH-R4000. Once it shows up on the Epson website, it's usually released within a month or so. The 61000, however, is still MIA. It looks like it's going to lag behind the release of the EH-R4000. By how much? Who knows.

What I also find interesting is how just about everyone dismisses this projector. I mention the 61000 in the same sentence as "Sony" or "JVC" and I usually get laughed at or mocked. Very few people take this projector seriously at all. They think it's a joke. It's like the Hyundai in a world of BMW and Audi enthusiasts. I have yet to personally talk to anyone who thinks the 61000 is a serious projector at all. I'm not exactly sure why that is because I have read several reports from folks at Cedia and they were extremely impressed with it. But talk to theater people around town and they all say projectors like the JVC RS45 is much better. Kind-of odd to me.

I'm not all that upset about the negativity toward the 61000. All that means is that the demand will be low and the probably of finding a unit will be better for me.

#108 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21355062

All signs seem to point to an imminent release of the EH-R4000. Once it shows up on the Epson website, it's usually released within a month or so. The 61000, however, is still MIA. It looks like it's going to lag behind the release of the EH-R4000. By how much? Who knows.

What I also find interesting is how just about everyone dismisses this projector. I mention the 61000 in the same sentence as "Sony" or "JVC" and I usually get laughed at or mocked. Very few people take this projector seriously at all. They think it's a joke. It's like the Hyundai in a world of BMW and Audi enthusiasts. I have yet to personally talk to anyone who thinks the 61000 is a serious projector at all. I'm not exactly sure why that is because I have read several reports from folks at Cedia and they were extremely impressed with it. But talk to theater people around town and they all say projectors like the JVC RS45 is much better. Kind-of odd to me.

I'm not all that upset about the negativity toward the 61000. All that means is that the demand will be low and the probably of finding a unit will be better for me.

Note that the above website is in the UK.

#109 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/21355154

Note that the above website is in the UK.

Yeah, the EH-R4000 is the international version of the 61000. I was thinking both versions would be released simultaneously, but it appears as if the EH-R4000 is being released first with the 61000 lagging behind. It's a good sign, however, that the EH-R4000 IS showing up on Epson UK because that gives hope that the 61000 will also be forthcoming.

#110 ·
That doesn't mean anything. The EH-R4000 has been on the Epson UK website for over a year now.

#111 ·
Hey guys, my wife has a friend who resides in Japan and I asked her to translate the release date on epson Japan's website and she said that it says that the release date is January 2012 . I spoke to the epson dealer yesterday and their rep said it will be released in January as well. Let's hope so!

#112 ·
I was all set to purchase the Epson 9000w (US 6010) but I think I might just hold off for a bit to see where this goes, I've heard and read a few things around here and there that suggest this thing is quite impressive. Quotes like this "The Epson EH-R4000 is a game changer" have me all excited. Bring it on.

#113 ·
Here's another sighting of the EH-R4000 (international version of the 61000).

Item is available for pre-order with anticipated delivery in January. It appears from these sites that the lower-end EH-R2000 (31000 equivalent) is about a third less than the EH-R4000. So in North America if the 61000 sells for around $4800, the 31000 should then sell for around $3200 - at least if pricing is consistent with the international market.

http://translate.google.com/translat...prmd%3Dimvnsfd

Still, there is a lot of uncertainty until these products ACTUALLY show up.

#114 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21361577

Here's another sighting of the EH-R4000 (international version of the 61000).

Item is available for pre-order with anticipated delivery in January. It appears from these sites that the lower-end EH-R2000 (31000 equivalent) is about a third less than the EH-R4000. So in North America if the 61000 sells for around $4800, the 31000 should then sell for around $3200 - at least if pricing is consistent with the international market.

http://translate.google.com/translat...prmd%3Dimvnsfd

Still, there is a lot of uncertainty until these products ACTUALLY show up.

I hope you are correct in your pricing, this site would convert it to $6700 USD. Of coarse this is full MSRP.
http://www.projectors.co.uk/products.asp?partno=EHR4000

#117 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyriderr /forum/post/21362781

I'm starting to think if and when this projector shows up that it's price is not going to be on cheap side.
I think Epson should consider the current projector market and not over price this model.... I mean JVC has become more accessible to people with their latest entry level.

Last year's 61000 which never came to market had an MSRP of $6999. Epson reviewed their pricing and their reps at Cedia stated this year's 61000 will be under $5000. I think that's a certainty. I'm hoping for under $4500. Maybe the 31000 will hover around $3000. We'll see in another month or so.

#118 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21362900

Last year's 61000 which never came to market had an MSRP of $6999. Epson reviewed their pricing and their reps at Cedia stated this year's 61000 will be under $5000. I think that's a certainty. I'm hoping for under $4500. Maybe the 31000 will hover around $3000. We'll see in another month or so.

$4500 seems reasonable, my fingers are crossed and if the 61000 is to rich for my taste the 31000 is still potentially a fantastic projector.

#120 ·
My theater guy was just here (picking up an Integra 80.2 for warranty work). He said he spoke to Epson yesterday. They reconfirmed the Jan release but said it would be a 'limited' distribution and as a smaller reseller he probably won't be getting one in Jan. Epson continued to say that even if he was able to order one in Feb, they would not recommend selling any until March at the earliest.

Resetting expectation for MARCH?!?! I'm not waiting. I'll be ordering a different projector this week.

#125 ·
Epson 3d glasses, I just got a 6100 into the show area and two people looked at it and both commented on the 3d glasses the look and the fit is not good. I tried them and they don't fit me eithor they cover about 50% of my field of view and I have to ware them very low on my nose the lenses just sit to far from your eyes and are to small. Can any other glasses be used? I think they designed them this way to fit over glasses but they are pretty much useless if they are not confortable and slide off your face.

#126 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmergeek /forum/post/21381931

Epson 3d glasses, I just got a 6100 into the show area and two people looked at it and both commented on the 3d glasses the look and the fit is not good. I tried them and they don't fit me eithor they cover about 50% of my field of view and I have to ware them very low on my nose the lenses just sit to far from your eyes and are to small. Can any other glasses be used? I think they designed them this way to fit over glasses but they are pretty much useless if they are not confortable and slide off your face.

Hi

This thread is about the yet unreleased Epson 61000 (3LCD Reflective) projector, not the 3D 6010 projector that was released last month - which is the projector that you are likely referring to.

To answer your question, the latest Panasonic 3D glasses will work with the Epson 3D projectors (including the 6010). They have different sizes - small, medium, and large. Here's a link to the medium pair at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.