AVS Forum banner

release date for Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector

37K views 317 replies 51 participants last post by  GoCaboNow 
#1 ·
hi i read somewhere that the Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector will be released this year for around $5000 but i see that it has been released in 2010..is this true

#127 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmergeek /forum/post/21381931

Epson 3d glasses, I just got a 6100 into the show area and two people looked at it and both commented on the 3d glasses the look and the fit is not good. I tried them and they don't fit me eithor they cover about 50% of my field of view and I have to ware them very low on my nose the lenses just sit to far from your eyes and are to small. Can any other glasses be used? I think they designed them this way to fit over glasses but they are pretty much useless if they are not confortable and slide off your face.

I'm afraid you're in the wrong thread, this is about a 2D projector

#129 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx /forum/post/21380878

But it's going on sale in Europe in January? I'm tempted to import...

I think you'll end up paying at least $1500 more if you buy the international version (EH-R4000) and have it imported. I bet the availability problems will be the same for that version anyway. It sounds like they're only capable of making about one of these units per week. So far they might have 50 or so acceptable units . After this week, they might have 51.

#130 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyriderr /forum/post/21382001

I think if we fail to see the projector in January we should really give up hope.

I think we WILL probably see some of these projectors in January. The problem is going to be availability. I think only very large Epson dealers will get any and they will be gone fast (probably all units initially going to Epson dealer employees and acquaintances). Then it's going to be a waiting game. The dealer will say that they expect more soon. Then the "soon" will drag out. I think it will be very frustrating because those lucky few that DO get them will likely be raving about them. But it sounds like the supply will not meet demand any time soon. In fact, I doubt the 61000 will have wide distribution in the year 2012 at all. The only reason I'm still hanging in there is the "chance" I might get one. It's kind-of like playing the slots and hoping to hit it big in Vegas.

I just can't bring myself to settle for something like the 6010 and suffer the possibility that the 61000 WILL be available soon.

#136 ·
He was taking preorders at one time then he removed the preorder. He told me the price would be 4500 +/- 500. That's when I said that must be for the 61000. Espon Canada is flipping around just like all the rest of the Epson reps in other countries. If it doesn't come out in January I'll buy something else unless I can put money down on it and know it's coming for sure.

I just can't believe these companies who bring out products at these shows just to dangle the carrot then they do the vanishing act for the next 7 months.

#137 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS /forum/post/21382529

He was taking preorders at one time then he removed the preorder. He told me the price would be 4500 +/- 500. That's when I said that must be for the 61000. Espon Canada is flipping around just like all the rest of the Epson reps in other countries. If it doesn't come out in January I'll buy something else unless I can put money down on it and know it's coming for sure.

I just can't believe these companies who bring out products at these shows just to dangle the carrot then they do the vanishing act for the next 7 months.

To defend Epson a little . . . I think these 3LCD Reflective projectors have been the ONLY ones that have suffered delays. Usually Epson is pretty prompt and dependable with their projector releases. This is an aberration probably due to the new technology that only they are experimenting with.

#138 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21382568

To defend Epson a little . . . I think these 3LCD Reflective projectors have been the ONLY ones that have suffered delays. Usually Epson is pretty prompt and dependable with their projector releases. This is an aberration probably due to the new technology that only they are experimenting with.

Is their new reflective technology really that much different from existing LCOS technology?

#139 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx /forum/post/21382688

Is their new reflective technology really that much different from existing LCOS technology?

LCOS is a difficult technology to master. Some companies have tried to develop it and failed. Epson is using a quartz material instead of silicon. They could name it LCOQ (pronounced L-KOCK); however, using that name can spark rather interesting connotations and mental images that Epson would be wise to avoid, so they named it 3LCD Reflective. But, no, it really isn't that much different than current LCOS technology.

#141 ·
I'm not saying the technology isn't a hard nut to crack, but they shouldn't have started pushing it until they were ready to put to market. FOr that matter that goes for any of these manufactuers, with the exception of Sony, at least they had their product out on time and before anyone else.

I'm not doubting these units will be nice but damn this constant pushing back the release dates is very frustrating. Of course I want the best unit for my money but the wait is killing me and typically I'm willing to wait for what I want or think I want but it's been 6 months since I've had the old big screen lit up. I suppose another 3-4 wks isn't much, it just means I'll have that many more new movies to check out.

#142 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21382857

LCOS is a difficult technology to master. Some companies have tried to develop it and failed. Epson is using a quartz material instead of silicon. They could name it LCOQ (pronounced L-KOCK); however, using that name can spark rather interesting connotations and mental images that Epson would be wise to avoid, so they named it 3LCD Reflective. But, no, it really isn't that much different than current LCOS technology.

I just might start referring to it as the L-COQ from now on, out of spite for Epson. Perhaps even after I get it- "The sun's finally down- time to fire up the L-COQ!"

#144 ·
I just spoke to baybloorradio, an authorized Epson dealer and one of the larger dealers in ontario, they said the projector should be out in January and their Epson rep (who is responsible for distribution of epson projectors in ontario) said they should tell people february just to be on the safe side. Anyway, I was able to put a down payment on the projector and I was guaranteed to get one upon first shipment. I really hope so cause I have a fully furnished theatre room with all the equipment that I built last year and with no projector. I've been patiently waiting for this projector to come out but my patience is slowly running out!

#145 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameed /forum/post/21386935

I just spoke to baybloorradio, an authorized Epson dealer and one of the larger dealers in ontario, they said the projector should be out in January and their Epson rep (who is responsible for distribution of epson projectors in ontario) said they should tell people february just to be on the safe side. Anyway, I was able to put a down payment on the projector and I was guaranteed to get one upon first shipment. I really hope so cause I have a fully furnished theatre room with all the equipment that I built last year and with no projector. I've been patiently waiting for this projector to come out but my patience is slowly running out!

You put a down payment on it so does that mean you at least know MSRP? You put a down payment on the 61000 or the 31000?

#146 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21382568

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS /forum/post/21383769

I'm not saying the technology isn't a hard nut to crack, but they shouldn't have started pushing it until they were ready to put to market. FOr that matter that goes for any of these manufactuers, with the exception of Sony, at least they had their product out on time and before anyone else.

I'm not doubting these units will be nice but damn this constant pushing back the release dates is very frustrating. Of course I want the best unit for my money but the wait is killing me and typically I'm willing to wait for what I want or think I want but it's been 6 months since I've had the old big screen lit up. I suppose another 3-4 wks isn't much, it just means I'll have that many more new movies to check out.

Walter, you hit the nail on the head. Just give us a timeline and date when it will be released. You should not say it will be out in the next month or two and then fail to hit that release date. I can deal with once or twice, but doing it for a whole year. Heck they threw in the towel on last year and then it looks like they have started the cycle again. Would anyone be surprised if they miss their target Jan date? I hope for Epson's sake that they do deliver and that they are perfect right out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameed /forum/post/21386935

Have you seen this pj or are you just going on blind faith?

#147 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah /forum/post/21383889

I'm going to refer to it as Vapor-COQ.

I waited on this projector for nearly a year. Oh well..maybe I'll catch it on the next go around.

Hey bro, it ain't no vaporware. I went to Atlanta Home Theater this afternoon to see the VW95 and 6010. The salesman Greg brought up the 61000 and said he's getting one in January for a customer. He will call me in to have a look. He had one few weeks ago in the showroom so it may be a pre-production unit. I saw the 61000 last year at Cedia Atlanta and the picture was very very similar to the VW95 I saw today. I feel the VW95 is sharper though.

BTW, I'd like to see your bad-ass RS45 in action. I have some time next week to head south. Will send you a pm.

#148 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger /forum/post/21387599

Hey bro, it ain't no vaporware. I went to Atlanta Home Theater this afternoon to see the VW95 and 6010. The salesman Greg brought up the 61000 and said he's getting one in January for a customer. He will call me in to have a look. He had one few weeks ago in the showroom so it may be a pre-production unit. I saw the 61000 last year at Cedia Atlanta and the picture was very very similar to the VW95 I saw today. I feel the VW95 is sharper though.

BTW, I'd like to see your bad-ass RS45 in action. I have some time next week to head south. Will send you a pm.

I'll have her warmed up for ya! I'm off over the next couple of weeks. So plenty of time to goof around with the toys! You're more the welcomed to check it out.

Sounds good about the 61000.Time for me to take a trip to A-town!

#150 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo /forum/post/0

Walter, you hit the nail on the head. Just give us a timeline and date when it will be released. You should not say it will be out in the next month or two and then fail to hit that release date. I can deal with once or twice, but doing it for a whole year. Heck they threw in the towel on last year and then it looks like they have started the cycle again. Would anyone be surprised if they miss their target Jan date? I hope for Epson's sake that they do deliver and that they are perfect right out of the box.

Have you seen this pj or are you just going on blind faith?

Blind faith my friend, blind faith....the deposit is fully refundable if I don't like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.