post #3211 of 4432 Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Morgan View Post

I would hope it has Bluetooth and 4K.

I just hit 1200 hours on this projector. I'm very happy with it, even though I don't like the way 3D looks.

I know that my next projector will be 4K and probably DLP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 4432 Old 04-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by donraja5 View Post

had the same issue and only fix is to send it to them to fix. i was without my projector for almost 2 months but that time the part was on back order. hope fully you have better luck and they do know about the issue so they should be able to fix quicker.

I used a different fix. I did nothing and it eventually healed itself. Much less down time than 2 months.
post #3213 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post

I just hit 1200 hours on this projector. I'm very happy with it, even though I don't like the way 3D looks.

I know that my next projector will be 4K and probably DLP.

What don't you like about 3D on the 7000? Too dark? (adjustable) Ghosting? (fixable) Could you explain further?

Wolfie
post #3214 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I just turned on my AE7000U for the first time and can't for the life of me figure out how to cycle through the menus.

I can go up an down in the main menu (Picture, Position, Language, etc) but once I go to the sub-menu, all options but one are greyed out.

Any help would be greatly apperciated!
post #3215 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM

I was wondering of anyone else has experienced the corners of the screen to be very bright when using the 7000u. Especially in very dark scenes. I use a PS3 to watch Blurays. Is this something that can be fixed if I send it in for repair. I called Panasonic but they weren't very helpful.

Keith
post #3216 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithj101 View Post

I was wondering of anyone else has experienced the corners of the screen to be very bright when using the 7000u. Especially in very dark scenes. I use a PS3 to watch Blurays. Is this something that can be fixed if I send it in for repair. I called Panasonic but they weren't very helpful.

Keith

Everyone has this issue. Sending it in won't get it fixed.
post #3217 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I just turned on my AE7000U for the first time and can't for the life of me figure out how to cycle through the menus.

I can go up an down in the main menu (Picture, Position, Language, etc) but once I go to the sub-menu, all options but one are greyed out.

Any help would be greatly apperciated!

You mean on each sub menu you see only one item not greyed out?

Press menu, then up or down arrows to select the item, e.g. OPTION. Press ENTER. Now the selection moves to the right column. Press up/down arrows to select the item you want to adjust/change, e.g. LAMP POWER. Now you can change it's setting by pressing left or right, e.g. ECO / NORMAL.
post #3218 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgf_bean View Post

Everyone has this issue. Sending it in won't get it fixed.

Do you think they will do a firmware update to fix the bright corner issue?

Keith
post #3219 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 383
It's a mechanical issue due to the new iris design. It can't be fixed with firmware.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #3220 of 4432 Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

It's a mechanical issue due to the new iris design. It can't be fixed with firmware.

That's interesting. It's hardly noticeable on mine, but it is there. Not really at bothersome levels. I wonder if it has to do with how close the projector is. Mine is at 18 ft. Which of course makes the picture dimmer to begin with, but maybe a flatter image as well.

On that new iris - I hate it. The one in the AE2000 was perfect. On the 7000 I often see color changes or flashes when scene has bright images against dark background. I've also mentioned before about the changing colors on the credit roll at the end of any movie. I haven't seen anyone report this except me, so I suppose I should send it in for repair, but Its just not that important to me and they'll probably claim they don't see it.
post #3221 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

What don't you like about 3D on the 7000? Too dark? (adjustable) Ghosting? (fixable) Could you explain further?

Wolfie

I've already tried earlier in this thread, it's hard to explain, the image just looks 'off'. It's not ghosting and it's not that it's too dark. To me movies look fine in 3d in the theater.

3d looks fine if it's on pause, any sort of motion makes the image look really blurry. (blurry isn't the correct word, but I can't think of anything else to use.)

I even bought panasonic glasses to make sure I wouldn't have any issues. (also, if it helps, when I turn on 2d mode on the glasses, everything looks just fine.)
post #3222 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:

I've already tried earlier in this thread, it's hard to explain, the image just looks 'off'. It's not ghosting and it's not that it's too dark. To me movies look fine in 3d in the theater.

Have you tried different frame creation modes. If cinema is OK you should try it off.
post #3223 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

3d looks fine if it's on pause, any sort of motion makes the image look really blurry. (blurry isn't the correct word, but I can't think of anything else to use.)

I even bought panasonic glasses to make sure I wouldn't have any issues. (also, if it helps, when I turn on 2d mode on the glasses, everything looks just fine.)

It may actually be your physical chemistry in that you can't tolerate the shutter glasses. Unfortunately, there is no fix for that. Many reports have stated that some people get headaches when viewing shutter glasses type 3D, but do fine with the passive system. When the shutter glasses are in 2D mode, they obviously change the on/off pattern of the LCD lenses. Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer, bro.

Wolfie
post #3224 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:

It may actually be your physical chemistry in that you can't tolerate the shutter glasses.

3D looks perfect to me on my friends Panasonic Plasma...which is why I bought 3D glasses to begin with. I don't think its me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizone View Post

Have you tried different frame creation modes. If cinema is OK you should try it off.

I'll try this. What does the bold part mean?
post #3225 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

3D looks perfect to me on my friends Panasonic Plasma...which is why I bought 3D glasses to begin with. I don't think its me.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Try what horizone suggested and set the Frame Creation to Mode 2 or 3 and see what happens. BTW, does it do the same with all your 3D discs or just some? And do you have DirecTV 3D? If so, does it do it with that as well?

Wolfie
post #3226 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Don't know what you mean by bold part. What I am trying to say is that if 3d works fine for you in the theatre, then to make it look more similar to that you might need to turn the frame creation completely off (if it is on). It might be the soap opera effect in calm scenes vs. the film look in busy scenes that makes your subconscious mind go whaaaat?
post #3227 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Don't know what you mean by bold part. What I am trying to say is that if 3d works fine for you in the theatre, then to make it look more similar to that you might need to turn the frame creation completely off (if it is on). It might be the soap opera effect in calm scenes vs. the film look in busy scenes that makes your subconscious mind go whaaaat?

To be fair, active shutter 3D is quite different to passive shutter. I have a much easier time in the cinema watching 3D movies than I do at home on my PT-AE7000U. It's not really fair to even compare cinema RealD 3D to Panasonic's RealD.
post #3228 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

It's not really fair to even compare cinema RealD 3D to Panasonic's RealD.

I wasn't. It's completely different. I was comparing percieved motion. Oh and by the way, Panasonic has nothing named RealD.
post #3229 of 4432 Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Eye View Post

Secondly, I have noticed some lagging in the image from time to time when using the 360 with it. This is through the same HDMI cables and receiver I used with the IN76 and the 8700UB and I have never seen this problem before. It gets really bad when I watch HD-DVD movies (which I own a lot of and still buy so I watch them frequently.)

This turns out to be a bigger issue than I thought. Has anyone noticed brief periods of reduced framerate when watching 1080p content on the AE7000? I thought that this was just an issue when watching HD-DVD's using the Xbox 360 addon. I found that isn't likely the case while watching DirecTV HD shows tonight. I didn't see it happen as often but it did happen from time to time. I never saw this happen with either HD-DVD or DirecTV with the 8700UB and I was using the exact same cables. I am going to try watching a Blu-Ray this weekend and see if the same thing happens with that.

I am using short HDMI cables between 3 feet and 6 feet long each. I have each component hooked to a Yamaha receiver (RX-V471) and then to the projector. The cables are all Monoprice high-speed HDMI cables. The DirecTV box is connected with a 28AWG cable but the cables from the Xbox to the receiver and the receiver to the projector are both 24AWG.

This is a big issue for me. I am pretty sure it is not a defect in my unit as I exchanged my first unit and this issue was unaffected. Thanks for any help.
post #3230 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM

I have a Panny plasma upstairs and the 7000 in the basement. I started watching The Masters in 3D on the plasma and it looked AMAZING, like looking through a window at the golfers. Then I went downstairs and turned it on and I was really underwhelmed. I wonder if the size has something to do with it. But the 3D just didn't pop as much and there was much more ghosting. It could be equipment, cables, etc too. I guess I could take the box upstairs downstairs and use the same cable to see what happens.
post #3231 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

This turns out to be a bigger issue than I thought. Has anyone noticed brief periods of reduced framerate when watching 1080p content on the AE7000? I thought that this was just an issue when watching HD-DVD's using the Xbox 360 addon. I found that isn't likely the case while watching DirecTV HD shows tonight. I didn't see it happen as often but it did happen from time to time. I never saw this happen with either HD-DVD or DirecTV with the 8700UB and I was using the exact same cables. I am going to try watching a Blu-Ray this weekend and see if the same thing happens with that.

Hyper,

What exactly are you seeing with Directv? I'm posted numerous times in this thread that I have "jitter" or "stuttering" on a number of channels from directv. Most specifically 720p channels like ESPN and ABC (although others too). The best way to describe my issue is with the ticker on ESPN, when it scrolls horizontally across the screen sometimes it stops or stutters across. I have video on my phone, but I'm not sure it would come across well.

I've since read on DBSTalk.com that the same problem was happening on several Samsung TVs. The fix required a firmware update to the TVs.

On my old Panny AX100, I never had a problem. Also, watching blu-rays at 1080/24p I have zero issues on the 7k. Also, if I use Game mode, the problem goes 99.9% away watching directv.
post #3232 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I wasn't. It's completely different. I was comparing percieved motion. Oh and by the way, Panasonic has nothing named RealD.

Really?

post #3233 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post

Hyper,

What exactly are you seeing with Directv? I'm posted numerous times in this thread that I have "jitter" or "stuttering" on a number of channels from directv. Most specifically 720p channels like ESPN and ABC (although others too). The best way to describe my issue is with the ticker on ESPN, when it scrolls horizontally across the screen sometimes it stops or stutters across. I have video on my phone, but I'm not sure it would come across well.

I've since read on DBSTalk.com that the same problem was happening on several Samsung TVs. The fix required a firmware update to the TVs.

On my old Panny AX100, I never had a problem. Also, watching blu-rays at 1080/24p I have zero issues on the 7k. Also, if I use Game mode, the problem goes 99.9% away watching directv.

I use Game mode for my 3D settings as well. Most likely has something to do with the quicker lag feature every gamer talks about. Cross-talk at a minimum using Game.

Wolfie
post #3234 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Originally Posted by horizone

Quote:

Really?

It's even shown on the first page of the instruction manual.

Wolfie
post #3235 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Hyper,

This sounds like the same issue I am having. I wasn't watching anything with a ticker or crawler but if I were it would have looked the way you have described it. It looks like it is skipping a bunch of frames for a second and then it goes back to normal. I have not tried game mode to get rid of it. I don't really like the colors in game mode and it looks like it would take quite a bit of adjustment to get game mode to look like Rec709. I don't think I should have to use game mode to watch standard HD content without frame skipping. I am going to try swapping some cables out and then bypassing the audio receiver. If neither of those resolves it then I will be calling Panasonic for a resolution.
post #3236 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by horizone

It's even shown on the first page of the instruction manual.

Wolfie

And on the exterior of the box that the projector ships in.

Chet
post #3237 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

This sounds like the same issue I am having. I wasn't watching anything with a ticker or crawler but if I were it would have looked the way you have described it. It looks like it is skipping a bunch of frames for a second and then it goes back to normal. I have not tried game mode to get rid of it. I don't really like the colors in game mode and it looks like it would take quite a bit of adjustment to get game mode to look like Rec709. I don't think I should have to use game mode to watch standard HD content without frame skipping. I am going to try swapping some cables out and then bypassing the audio receiver. If neither of those resolves it then I will be calling Panasonic for a resolution.

Please post your results here. I recently tried using a hdmi enhancer to fix the problem, but it didn't work. I have an older 25' monoprice HDMI cable and was thinking switching it out for a high speed one. But your already using a high speed one and have the problem. Hmm, one think I haven't tried is bypassing my Pioneer AVR.
post #3238 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Really?

Ok, You got me. I don't even own a 7000. Felling a little stupid now. I run dual passive with two 3000 and Panavision filters but I have been following this thread in the hopes that the 7000 would be superior to my passive solution. I didn't realise for a second that RealD was putting their brand name on consumer products. Ah well, I stand corrected.
post #3239 of 4432 Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

And on the exterior of the box that the projector ships in.

I deserve that picture. and I won't be posting anymore here since just realised the capitalized OWNERS in the title. I was just initially trying to help someone without realizing I posted in a thread where I shouldn't. Feeling even more stupid now.
post #3240 of 4432 Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:

Please post your results here. I recently tried using a hdmi enhancer to fix the problem, but it didn't work. I have an older 25' monoprice HDMI cable and was thinking switching it out for a high speed one. But your already using a high speed one and have the problem. Hmm, one think I haven't tried is bypassing my Pioneer AVR.

I swapped out cables and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I haven't tried bypassing the receiver yet. That will be an experiment for another day.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page