OWNERS Thread for the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D Projector - Page 136 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4051 of 4449 Old 09-22-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 412
That's what happened with my 3000. I switched it to eco for several movies and then back to normal again.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4449 Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Just connect the unit before your projector. No recalibration needed because it produces no colour shift (according to my colorimeter)

You mean, I should connect my bluray player to it and it to my 3D receiver? All my players go to my receiver, which sends the images to my PJ.
post #4053 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

No, literally before the projector. So if you use a receiver, run everything to the receiver, then run the longer wire to the Darblet then use a 3 footer HDMI to the projector

post #4054 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:

No, literally before the projector. So if you use a receiver, run everything to the receiver, then run the longer wire to the Darblet then use a 3 footer HDMI to the projector

Thanx for the input! My projetor is fixed on the celing 5.4 meters from the receiver. That means I should keep everything connected to my receiver (as is), then use a short HDMI cable outgoing from the receiver to the Darblet and then the long HDMI cabe (which currently goes from my receiver to my PJ), from the Darblet to my projector, right? This way, all my players and media players will be using the Darblet processing, right?

Also -- does the Darblet have a remote control? The Darblet will be behind the huge rack that accomodates aIl my equipment and TV. Will I be able to access it with an RC?
post #4055 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, there is a card-sized remote that comes with it. In terms of connection, the best connection seems to be running the long cable from the receiver to the darblet and a short cable from darblet to projector. Just let the darblet sitting on your projector.

post #4056 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:

Yes, there is a card-sized remote that comes with it. In terms of connection, the best connection seems to be running the long cable from the receiver to the darblet and a short cable from darblet to projector. Just let the darblet sitting on your projector.

I just got me one -- should reach me next week. Thanks a whole lot for your input. I'll let you know my thoughts when I see it working. I'm real excited with the prospect of having an even better imagen that what my 7000 is delivering. Dunno why companies did not include such a processor in their PJs though. Would make more sense...
post #4057 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

I just got me one -- should reach me next week. Thanks a whole lot for your input. I'll let you know my thoughts when I see it working. I'm real excited with the prospect of having an even better imagen that what my 7000 is delivering. Dunno why companies did not include such a processor in their PJs though. Would make more sense...

This is a completely unexpected expense but I must have it. Lol. Where did you purchase yours from?

post #4058 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 12:58 PM

I asked this question on the 8000U thread as well, but thought I'd try here too...

I'm upgrading from a 4000U to an 8000U. Excited for the picture quality and 3D upgrade. In researching the glasses, however, I was surprised they stuck with the IR technology. I noticed a couple pages back on this thread (from March) when people were theorizing that you could add an RF transmitter to these projectors that would enable the use of the 4th gen RF glasses. Has anyone had any luck in doing this?

RF would work better in my set up, plus I don't like making the purchases of a bunch of glasses that are technically "old" technology. I swung by Best Buy last night because I wanted to see how the sizing worked out on the glasses. I walked in and the hanger for the 3rd gen IR glasses was empty and they had plenty of the 4th gen RF glasses. I asked if they had any of the IR ones and he looked in the system and said they had been marked discontinued in-store. RF only moving forward.

Not a big deal (I wasn't going to buy from BB anyway...Projector People has the IR ones in stock) but I was just curious if anyone had success converting a 7000U to RF. If I'm going to buy all my glasses from scratch, I'd much rather infest in the most recent technology!

Thanks.

PSN: MiddKid
post #4059 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
FYI, was just watching some content on my friend's older Panasonic AX200U. The flicker, pretty random, not consistent, was really annoying/distracting. And funny thing is: people in the room didn't notice it until I pointed it out. Maybe many people just aren't sensitive to it; combined with the fact that it's pretty random, this worries me that it's actually a pretty widespread problem? I don't know. Certainly makes me uncomfortable to purchase a Panasonic projector.
post #4060 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Is there evidence that connecting it just before the projector is superior PQ wise compared to connecting just after the source or receiver? I had never heard of this thing, did alittle research, and ordered one (just shipped). My plan was to connect it just after the receiver output, seems it shouldn't matter, but I'm open to hearing why it's better to have it next to the projector (which just seems unsightly and awkward is all). I love my 7000, but miss the somewhat sharper image I had with another projector. Turning up the sharpness controls past a 3 or 4 on the 7k introduces some problems to the image so I don't go past 4...The external processor (darbee) per the reviews makes a big improvement but without the artifacts/chroma changes which is very exciting if true. Looking forward to trying it out. kf
post #4061 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post

This is a completely unexpected expense but I must have it. Lol. Where did you purchase yours from?

SMART HOME -- http://www.smarthome.com/53600/DARBEE-Visual-Presence-DVP-5000-DarbeeVision-DARBLET-HDMI-Video-Processor/p.aspx
post #4062 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM

I would rather connect it right after the receiver output too -- especially if it requires an energy outlet for electricity.
post #4063 of 4449 Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

If your HDMI cable is of good quality, you won't have any problem having the Darblet sitting nearest to your receiver. However, it's been reported that people using cheap/budget HDMI cable are having problem with flicker / HDMI handshake issues when the Darblet is closer to the receiver.

If your HDMI cable is of very good quality! You can put it near the projector or near the receiver and there is zero difference in picture quality.

post #4064 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:

If your HDMI cable is of good quality, you won't have any problem having the Darblet sitting nearest to your receiver. However, it's been reported that people using cheap/budget HDMI cable are having problem with flicker / HDMI handshake issues when the Darblet is closer to the receiver.
If your HDMI cable is of very good quality! You can put it near the projector or near the receiver and there is zero difference in picture quality.

My only concern is where to connect the Darblet's power supply, as the power cord to my projector is a long one, coming from behind my rack (no power outlet on the ceiling close to the PJ) . Maybe a "T" adpter to connect the Darbee to the PJ's power cord?
post #4065 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd use a "T" if I were you.

post #4066 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 304
I had my 7000 ISF calibrated and my buddy who did it, said the darblet didn't mess with any of the settings he made when doing the calibration. He likes it enough he bought 2 that day....thats gotta say something! I'm interested in the pro rack version now.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #4067 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I had my 7000 ISF calibrated and my buddy who did it, said the darblet didn't mess with any of the settings he made when doing the calibration. He likes it enough he bought 2 that day....thats gotta say something! I'm interested in the pro rack version now.

With so many praises for the Dablet -- can't hardly wait to get mine!!
post #4068 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:

I'd use a "T" if I were you.

Will do. THANKS AGAIN!
post #4069 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

What's the "pro rack" version?!
post #4070 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

That's what happened with my 3000. I switched it to eco for several movies and then back to normal again.

Thank you sooooo Much!!!!!!!! i did as you said, Now, the flicker is gone........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #4071 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Got my Panny AE7000 in the mail yesterday and so far so good.

The picture quality isn't a massive step up from my previous Mitsu HC5500, but there is an improvement. More color pop and the blacks are much improved. What stands out most is the 3D performance. Absolutely insane 3D, no crosstalk or ghosting, some of the best 3D I have ever seen out side of a real IMAX.

Crossing fingers for no problems or flickering in the future smile.gif
post #4072 of 4449 Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm strongly considering upgrading to an AE7000. I've been using (and loving) an AE2000 since it came out and I'm ready to take things to the next level.

Two questions:

Will the AE7000U be able to produce a pleasing 3D image on a 133-inch screen?

-I've read several posts complaining of an inability to get the AE7000 to produce a sharp, focussed image. I've had no such issues with my AE2000, and I can't imagine the newer machine producing a less detailed / focussed image than its much earlier version, but I do want to ask about this. I'd hate to upgrade to a softer image!
post #4073 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 AM

Since the PT-AE8000 is coming soon, why not get it instead of the 7000? I had the PT-AE7000 and the 3D is simply amazing. The picture is bright enough for 3D but I believe the 8000 is even brighter. I never had a problem with sharpness and focus on my 7000. Maybe people didn't set it up correctly. Of course when you first turn on the projector it will be a little off focus but when it's warmed up it's well focused.
David Susilo likes this.
post #4074 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Medina View Post

Since the PT-AE8000 is coming soon, why not get it instead of the 7000? I had the PT-AE7000 and the 3D is simply amazing. The picture is bright enough for 3D but I believe the 8000 is even brighter. I never had a problem with sharpness and focus on my 7000. Maybe people didn't set it up correctly. Of course when you first turn on the projector it will be a little off focus but when it's warmed up it's well focused.

Sound advice. Go for the 8000!!
David Susilo likes this.
post #4075 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM

It would be an $ 800 difference in price between the two, that's why I'm thinking of going for the soon-to-be older model instead.

Question: I've read some reports that the new iris creates brightness pulses whenever an image shifts in lighting extremes (which the 2000 doesn't do), similar to what some LED tv sets do. Have you guys find this to be the case? Also have heard that the new iris system creates uneven patches on all 4 corners of the screen.
post #4076 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyboy View Post

Question: I've read some reports that the new iris creates brightness pulses whenever an image shifts in lighting extremes (which the 2000 doesn't do), similar to what some LED tv sets do. Have you guys find this to be the case? Also have heard that the new iris system creates uneven patches on all 4 corners of the screen.
Most definitely, at least on my AE7000. I've never seen this happen on my AE2000 and yes I always have DI turned ON. I have no problems with the corners that I know of, though a completely black image can have some light leakage (patchiness) which was not on the 2000 either. The DI for me also causes the end crdit roll to change colors as it scrolls upward with white characters against the black background. I'm not sure why no one else sees this. It is very annoying to me. I'm just waiting for the flicker problem or something else to happen to me before I send it in.

post #4077 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm strongly considering upgrading to an AE7000. I've been using (and loving) an AE2000 since it came out and I'm ready to take things to the next level.
Two questions:
-I've read several posts complaining of an inability to get the AE7000 to produce a sharp, focussed image. I've had no such issues with my AE2000, and I can't imagine the newer machine producing a less detailed / focussed image than its much earlier version, but I do want to ask about this. I'd hate to upgrade to a softer image!

Dependends on what screen gain you use. If 1.0, then it may not be sufficient. However if you're using at least 1.4 screen gain, it will be enough.

post #4078 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Two questions:

In my limited time with this projector I would say its the best home 3D I have ever seen. Between our 2 LED Samsung's and 1 Plasma the AE7000u beats them in terms of 3D. Tons of depth and virtually no ghosting.

Its really hard to say if the AE8000u's 3D will beat this projector since there are no reviews yet(or if the isolated flickering issues will be resolved). The $600 price difference is what swayed me to the 7000 but if price isn't an option you may hold out and wait for reviews.
post #4079 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey P View Post

Most definitely, at least on my AE7000. I've never seen this happen on my AE2000 and yes I always have DI turned ON. I have no problems with the corners that I know of, though a completely black image can have some light leakage (patchiness) which was not on the 2000 either. The DI for me also causes the end crdit roll to change colors as it scrolls upward with white characters against the black background. I'm not sure why no one else sees this. It is very annoying to me. I'm just waiting for the flicker problem or something else to happen to me before I send it in.

Never noticed that... just hope I won't from now on...
post #4080 of 4449 Old 09-25-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey P View Post

Shoot. I wonder if the 8000 might solve this? They haven't changed the iris system for the new PJ, have they?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page