OWNERS Thread for the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D Projector - Page 150 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2014, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question blue vertical line

I have started seeing a blue vertical line all the way from top to bottom.. just a single one just to the right of mid-screen, I'd say.. It comes and goes.. so far it is pretty infrequent. It happens on any input from my pre-amp, so it's either introduced by the pre-amp, the hdmi booster, the hdmi cable, or the PJ.. Any ideas, folks?

I'm still on my original lamp, as well.. not sure if a blue line would be a sign of a failing lamp.. I imagine not..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 25
How does one know that it's time to change the lamp? Do these bulbs get dimmer over time, start to flicker, or simply die out?

If the 3D is so dim that it's hard to watch, is it time to change the bulb? I need to check the hours on this unit. Is there an estimated window on number of hours to replace the bulb?

Chet
Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My AE7000 started flickering at the 800 hour mark. Tried leaving it in Eco for a few days and switching back, better for a bit, now still flickering. Bought it Jan 2014 so still under warranty, anyone have experience getting this resolved? Do I just call Pano or drive it my local service center?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I think I would just take it to the warranty service center. There is nothing they can do over the phone.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am hoping that one of the experts has an answer for this relatively small issue:
On the Panasonic AE-7000:
Sometimes - I would say around every 2-3 hours - the pciture on the screen vanishes for about 3 seconds and then returns. The sound is unaffected.
Has anyone ever experienced this issue?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 440
I'm getting sick and tired of my 7000. Crosstalk in 3D is getting worse, bulb at 800 hours start to flicker and never goes away (I'm on my 4th bulb, 800 hours, flickering again).

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit84 View Post
I am hoping that one of the experts has an answer for this relatively small issue:
Sometimes - I would say around every 2-3 hours - the pciture on the screen vanishes for about 3 seconds and then returns. The sound is unaffected.
Does it happen with all sources? I have had similar issues happen due to a poor connection somewhere in your HDMI signal path.. try reseating and/or swapping your cables and see if that changes anything.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Does it happen with all sources? I have had similar issues happen due to a poor connection somewhere in your HDMI signal path.. try reseating and/or swapping your cables and see if that changes anything.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible that it might be the projector or does your intuition tell you that it is HDMI based?
Old 01-01-2015, 06:22 AM

Same vertical lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
I have started seeing a blue vertical line all the way from top to bottom.. just a single one just to the right of mid-screen, I'd say.. It comes and goes.. so far it is pretty infrequent. It happens on any input from my pre-amp, so it's either introduced by the pre-amp, the hdmi booster, the hdmi cable, or the PJ.. Any ideas, folks?

I'm still on my original lamp, as well.. not sure if a blue line would be a sign of a failing lamp.. I imagine not..
I also see these lines on occasion.. but generally have a blank WHITE screen whenever I start up... I then have to shut down and restart and then it works fine. Weird thing is that it did this since I bought it but moved from Asia back to the States and didn't get the chance to repair. Sat in storage for a year and then didn't do that any longer. Now after using it around 10 times, it's starting to do that again.

Must be some glitch in the projector...?
Old 01-01-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible that it might be the projector or does your intuition tell you that it is HDMI based?
Well, anything is possible... but your symptom more likely seems to indicate a drop in the video signal somewhere along the way to your projector and thus the resulting blue screen ( is this what it does, or does it just go black?) while it syncs back up....
Old 01-01-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Well, anything is possible... but your symptom more likely seems to indicate a drop in the video signal somewhere along the way to your projector and thus the resulting blue screen ( is this what it does, or does it just go black?) while it syncs back up....
Screen turns gray/black NOT blue. Clue?
Old 01-01-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Not necessarily...could be dependant on what component is directly hooked to your projector...For example: when I switch channels on my Directv receiver, and i tune to a channel that is using a different resolution, there is a black screen pause of a couple seconds. When switching on my bluray player, I have a blue screen for a few seconds....I would also maybe try using the other HDMI input on your projector just to compare...
Old 01-01-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
How does one know that it's time to change the lamp? Do these bulbs get dimmer over time, start to flicker, or simply die out?

If the 3D is so dim that it's hard to watch, is it time to change the bulb? I need to check the hours on this unit. Is there an estimated window on number of hours to replace the bulb?

I red light comes on the projector and doesn't go off at the 3800 hour mark. You also get a warning when you turn it on. I had 4006 hours on my bulb when I replaced it. I never watch 3D. Anybody want to buy some glasses cheap?

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
Old 01-05-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily...could be dependant on what component is directly hooked to your projector...For example: when I switch channels on my Directv receiver, and i tune to a channel that is using a different resolution, there is a black screen pause of a couple seconds. When switching on my bluray player, I have a blue screen for a few seconds....I would also maybe try using the other HDMI input on your projector just to compare...
Thanks Deano for the reply. I think I should be a lttle clearer about my issue. The dropout of the picture actually occurs while I am watching a movie. So, for example, say I am watching Netflix; the screen goes gray for about 3 seconds and then returns to normal. Sound is unaffected.
your thoughts?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Same thing....switch inputs , cables , etc just to see if there is any change... Only does it with Blu ray player?... Or cable/satellite too?... If it doesn't do it for all sources, sure seems like connection/cable issue...
Old 01-22-2015, 08:09 PM

Is anyone able to provide feedback on the reliability of the ae7000 when compared to the ae4000? Both similar or is one more reliable than the other?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 AM

Question

My unit started showing these blue splotches on the lower part of the projection a few months ago.

I tried cleaning the lens, replacing the lamp with a new one and cleaning the inside parts I could reach without having to use a screwdriver, but no luck... still very visible blue splotches on both sides of the lower part of the projection:

Please excuse the ****** mobile pic quality, but even at this blurred quality the colored splotches are very noticeable.

I don't know, it is like my 4 lamp on this unit and I recognize I've been using it a lot. Maybe it burnt something?

Any ideas to approach this problem besides sending the unit to repair? (a pain in the ass)
Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesped2 View Post
My unit started showing these blue splotches on the lower part of the projection a few months ago.

I tried cleaning the lens, replacing the lamp with a new one and cleaning the inside parts I could reach without having to use a screwdriver, but no luck... still very visible blue splotches on both sides of the lower part of the projection:
I can't say I can see the issue on the picture, but something similar was happening on AE2000 series. There was something wrong with the glue that held color filters, so they would become slightly skewed/offset from metal frame, usually just on one side. I think in my case, it was bottom side of the red filter. Do you see only splotches on random places, or is the entire bottom side also blue?

LCD modulators could theoretically get destroyed by intense heat or light, but I doubt a modern projector would be so inadequately constructed.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please excuse the ****** mobile pic quality, but even at this blurred quality the colored splotches are very noticeable.

I don't know, it is like my 4 lamp on this unit and I recognize I've been using it a lot. Maybe it burnt something?

Any ideas to approach this problem besides sending the unit to repair? (a pain in the ass)
So, I take it that it isn't dust blobs? Or I assume that you have taken it apart enough to blow canned air on the LCD panels at least?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Is that a white background? If so, I would say you have yellow on all of the other places and what you have the line draw through is the normal color, off skew by the yellow.

I have yellow starting to creep up from the bottom left of mine at about 4000 hours....
Old 02-16-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post

To answer my own question, changing the lamp does not fix the intermittent blueish green line. However, I have started to see it appear on the left side of the screen.. about a fifth of the way in from the left.. It is in one spot or the other.. I haven't seen it appear in both locations yet.

I can't help but believe this has to be a common problem. Has anyone experienced this?

Panasonic wants me to send the PJ in to their service center. .for a minimum fee of $130 for the diagnosis and to get an estimate.. plus shipping charges (both directions).. They refuse to give me a cost estimate based on any previous PJs being fixed for the exact same symptom. Fools.

Recommendations, anyone? I'd love to fix it myself.. I'm capable.. If I knew what to do..
Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Try an HDMI signal booster. Monoprice 2849 is what I use.. and it fixed my occasional screen flicker..
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi

My PJ convergence seem out. Is there any hidden command that allow me to adjust and align the RGB?

Thanks.

Marcus
Old Today, 06:28 PM

Question

Here are more clear pictures of the problem.

TOP: Shot with flash, clean screen.

MIDDLE: Projection with white background.

DOWN: Projection with blue background (no video signal)

Quote:
So, I take it that it isn't dust blobs? Or I assume that you have taken it apart enough to blow canned air on the LCD panels at least?
I tried cleaning both the outside lens and the lamp, blowing air with a hairdryer is a good idea?

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players