OWNERS Thread for the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D Projector - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4501 of 4519 Old 07-09-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunkulator View Post
I'm encountering the same issue. At first the blue line appeared intermittently, but now it's there all the time. What did you end up doing? Were you able to get it fixed, or did you purchase a new projector?
I solved it by buying a new projector.. I'd love to get the old one fixed though! It's an expensive paper weight! Though, I guess it does work alright.. minus the blue line(s).. I may hang it in the garage for exercise videos on the wall.. Trying to keep sweaty bodies out of my media room!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4502 of 4519 Old 07-10-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
I solved it by buying a new projector.. I'd love to get the old one fixed though! It's an expensive paper weight! Though, I guess it does work alright.. minus the blue line(s).. I may hang it in the garage for exercise videos on the wall.. Trying to keep sweaty bodies out of my media room!
Haha, I hear you! Thanks for the update, not sure what I would do with mine if I replaced it. What model did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking? My first thought is to upgrade to the AE8000U, but I'm afraid it may develop the same issue...

The Epson 5030UB seems to have a number of good reviews as well, at a slightly higher price point. Or, given the lack of 3D content available to stream/rent, perhaps it's time simply go back to a standard (and cheaper) 2D projector.
post #4503 of 4519 Old 07-10-2015, 01:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunkulator View Post
What model did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking? My first thought is to upgrade to the AE8000U, but I'm afraid it may develop the same issue...
That was my thought as well.. I landed on a Sony VPL-HW40ES for now.. I see it as a short term solution until the 4k's are reasonably priced. But honestly, it may be a few years before I'm ready to change it out again.. hopefully this pj doesn't rattle my cage as much as the Panny did..
post #4504 of 4519 Old 07-11-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
That was my thought as well.. I landed on a Sony VPL-HW40ES for now.. I see it as a short term solution until the 4k's are reasonably priced. But honestly, it may be a few years before I'm ready to change it out again.. hopefully this pj doesn't rattle my cage as much as the Panny did..
Ha, no kidding... I had a Sony VPL before the Panny. After a few years one of the LCD panels failed, prompting me to purchase the Panny. I love having a projector in my home theater, but I'm getting a little tired of shelling out ~$2K every 3-4 years to replace malfunctioning units. Think I might try the Epson this time. Anyway, thanks for the info!
post #4505 of 4519 Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I've been very happy with my AE7000, but it's started having a problem. It's been displaying the "replace lamp" message for a little while now, but I haven't gotten around to doing so. I don't know if thats part of the problem, but it's just started turning itself off after a few minutes. I've cleaned the removable filter (it wasn't too bad, I've done it a few months ago), and tried vacuuming the other vents, but no luck. The "heat" light doesn't turn on. It does get fairly heavy use on a somewhat regular basis. I haven't seen that this is a common issue with the projector, so maybe somethings broken. We don't live near anywhere I know that I could take it for service/repair. I've ordered a new lamp in the hope that might help, but I'm not very hopeful. Just checking if this is something any other owners have had happen and if so what caused it?
post #4506 of 4519 Old 07-17-2015, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjsAust View Post
Hi, I've been very happy with my AE7000, but it's started having a problem. It's been displaying the "replace lamp" message for a little while now, but I haven't gotten around to doing so. I don't know if thats part of the problem, but it's just started turning itself off after a few minutes. I've cleaned the removable filter (it wasn't too bad, I've done it a few months ago), and tried vacuuming the other vents, but no luck. The "heat" light doesn't turn on. It does get fairly heavy use on a somewhat regular basis. I haven't seen that this is a common issue with the projector, so maybe somethings broken. We don't live near anywhere I know that I could take it for service/repair. I've ordered a new lamp in the hope that might help, but I'm not very hopeful. Just checking if this is something any other owners have had happen and if so what caused it?
There is nothing wrong, if the lamp hours are excessive and the projector has been run in "high powered" mode, the projector will shut itself down after 10 minutes or so. Sometimes even if it's been run in"Eco" mode it will shut down if the lamp hours are high.
This gives you enough time to reset the lamp hours back to "0" when you replace the lamp.

You can reset the timer with the old lamp, but that is not advisable. Lamps fail by getting dim and some fail by "exploding".
These lamps are under a fair bit of pressure and an old lamp that has cycled through many warm ups and cool downs become compromised and can explode.

Refer to you manual on how to reset the timer once you replace your lamp.
There will also be some info in there about the projector shutting itself down as yours is doing when the lamp hours are high.

Last edited by JeffR1; 07-17-2015 at 11:11 PM.
post #4507 of 4519 Old 07-22-2015, 08:50 PM

Liked: 10
Great, thanks. Lamp arrived yesterday so now I just need to check the manual for how to replace it.

[edit] All done, running now and all seems fine. Whew, really been enjoying this one.

Last edited by BjsAust; 07-22-2015 at 09:27 PM.
post #4508 of 4519 Old 07-24-2015, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Question boys.

I've had a Panny 700 for about 10 years. Still on the original lamp and it's worked great, but it's only 720p and it's finally time to probably upgrade.

I know someone that selling a 2 year old Panny 7000 with spare lamp.

Worth buying?

What would be a good price for a now discontinued model?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #4509 of 4519 Old 07-24-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post
Question boys.

I've had a Panny 700 for about 10 years. Still on the original lamp and it's worked great, but it's only 720p and it's finally time to probably upgrade.

I know someone that selling a 2 year old Panny 7000 with spare lamp.

Worth buying?

What would be a good price for a now discontinued model?
You may have a look at eBay's completed listings page.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

They seem to range any where from around 600 for ones that needs a new lamp, to ones with a new lamp for around a 1000.00$
Watch out for dust blobs when buying one of these.
post #4510 of 4519 Old 07-24-2015, 10:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2145 Post(s)
Liked: 1144
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
You may have a look at eBay's completed listings page.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

They seem to range any where from around 600 for ones that needs a new lamp, to ones with a new lamp for around a 1000.00$
Watch out for dust blobs when buying one of these.
As cheap as a new 8000 sells for, who in their right mind would pay $1,000 for a used 7000 with no warranty?

AV Geek for life. :) Contact for advice and help.
post #4511 of 4519 Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
As cheap as a new 8000 sells for, who in their right mind would pay $1,000 for a used 7000 with no warranty?
I know, I was just answering the OP's question.
And that's eBay too, if I was buying a used 7000, even with a new lamp, I would not pay more then 400 bucks, if that.
Matter of fact I wouldn't, it would be like a buying a Pinto with a new set of head lights, if I was stuck on Panasonic, I would buy a new 8000.

Last edited by JeffR1; 07-24-2015 at 10:57 AM.
post #4512 of 4519 Old 07-24-2015, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Thanks guys for the input.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #4513 of 4519 Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Diif between Pt-ae7000u and 8000u

Quote:
I know, I was just answering the OP's question.
And that's eBay too, if I was buying a used 7000, even with a new lamp, I would not pay more then 400 bucks, if that.
Matter of fact I wouldn't, it would be like a buying a Pinto with a new set of head lights, if I was stuck on Panasonic, I would buy a new 8000.

So what is the difference between the pt-ae7000 and the 8000u ? When ever there is a newer model my understanding is the changes are minimal unless the previous model was just bad and a Lemon
post #4514 of 4519 Old 07-26-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
So what is the difference between the pt-ae7000 and the 8000u ? When ever there is a newer model my understanding is the changes are minimal unless the previous model was just bad and a Lemon
From what I've read.
The joy stick used for zoom and focus has been improved a bit.
You now have FI in 3D mode, if that's important.
Usually Panasonic improves the contrast ratio a bit as they come out with new models.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE7000.htm
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE8000.htm

You have some homework to do.
There's even reviews on both of them.

And for the record, none of them were lemons, but like any projector you can get a lemon. Even the expensive Sony 4K's are not with out their problems.

Edit:
I see you're selling your 7000. Old projectors are not worth allot of money.
I had a Sony Pearl that I paid 5500.00$ new, and got a 1000.00$ for it on eBay.
I never even had it long enough to use up the first lamp.

Last edited by JeffR1; 07-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.
post #4515 of 4519 Old 07-27-2015, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
From what I've read.
The joy stick used for zoom and focus has been improved a bit.
You now have FI in 3D mode, if that's important.
Usually Panasonic improves the contrast ratio a bit as they come out with new models.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE7000.htm
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE8000.htm

You have some homework to do.
There's even reviews on both of them.

And for the record, none of them were lemons, but like any projector you can get a lemon. Even the expensive Sony 4K's are not with out their problems.

Edit:
I see you're selling your 7000. Old projectors are not worth allot of money.
I had a Sony Pearl that I paid 5500.00$ new, and got a 1000.00$ for it on eBay.
I never even had it long enough to use up the first lamp.

Yeah I have owned a lot of projectors and tell u the truth a Mitsubishi HC6800 looks just as sharp as a Panasonic PT-AE8000 or an Epson 6020UB,

If you got $1000 for your Sony you got luck there, I am familiar with that projector nice picture but low specs to todays standards.

I am looking to go to 4k see what that has to offer.
post #4516 of 4519 Old 07-27-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
Yeah I have owned a lot of projectors and tell u the truth a Mitsubishi HC6800 looks just as sharp as a Panasonic PT-AE8000 or an Epson 6020UB,

If you got $1000 for your Sony you got luck there, I am familiar with that projector nice picture but low specs to todays standards.

I am looking to go to 4k see what that has to offer.
Have a look at these posts, 4361, 4388 and 4395 from Manni _ it's to do with the limited HDMI and colour specs of the Sony native 4K projectors.
However with this said, (from what I have heard on this forum) UHD Blu-ray will still be shot at 24fps, so even if the present Native 4K's from Sony don't support the full gamut of colour, I fail to see the point since Hollywood still insists upon using 24fps.

Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread

I got a 1000.00$ for my Pearl because I just bought my Panny 4000 from new, so the Pearl wasn't that old yet, I would be hard pressed to give that projector away now if I still had it.

If you can wait until after CEDIA, that would be best, Sony is supposed to release a 1200ES that supports the full colour gamut, but this is rumor. Same for the JVC's, but I don't think no one knows for sure and if they do, they shouldn't be blabbing about it.
My opinion with 4K (just acquired a Sony 300ES for a good price), yes there is a noticeable difference, but that's coming from my 4000, so aside from the higher resolution, the specs on the Sony are much better then the Panny, so of course it will look good.
Don't get me wrong, the 4k makes good Blu-rays look even better and native 4K played on my HTPC looked spectacular _ great fine detail in the trees and plant life, which is important to me.
However it does nothing for a crappy Blu-ray eg. "The Fantastic Four", the close up scenes are OK, but look for fine detail in the trees and it looks 480p, it's that bad. It's an older Blu-ray, but it should have been better then that, it looks like they shot the out-door scenes with a camera from Wal-Mart.

My only nit-pic with the 300es is that the fans cranks up when in 3D mode, it does this because by default it goes into high lamp mode when in 3D and this can not be defeated.
I'm going to build a "hush box" for it, but I won't be able to encompass the whole projector _ I have limited space behind the wall, but it should help some.

IMHO, the Sony creates a more natural looking picture than all the projectors that I've owned or seen _ Panny 3000/4000, the Pearl and didn't own; the Epson LS10000 (really looked bad _ very over worked picture) and a Sony 55ES that I had in my home for a few days.
It was quite harsh, but very clear and when I say harsh, the sharpens came from electronic sharpening tools, but when compared to the 300ES, I can achieve the same sharpness with out adding the digital harshness of the 55es and way better then the LS10000.
The differences can be subtle, but so far I like the 300es because I'm finding I can sit back and enjoy the movie with out picking holes in the quality of the picture.
I'm really OCD when it comes to resolution and picture quality, so if the 300es makes me happy, that says allot.

The best advice I can give you is to demo a 4K with your own material, then you can note the difference. Any seller can make a projector look good with demo material, even bad projectors.

Last edited by JeffR1; 07-27-2015 at 09:25 AM.
post #4517 of 4519 Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
Folks - hoping I might be able to get a little advice. Had my 7000 for about 3.5 years and in the last week a yellow line has started showing up on the right sight of the screen. In terms of trouble shooting I've determined it's definitely projector based but I'm not sure what could be causing it. So far to troubleshoot I've:

• checked all cables
  • turned off the projector at the unit and the wall (line re-appears within 60 seconds of turning on)
  • hooked up a different player directly to the projector using a different HDMI cable (below image was taken when testing with an old player, it's usually an Oppo hooked up)
  • installed a brand new lamp (it was coming up to being due for replacement soon anyway)
I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem short of an issue inside the projector itself. I haven't been able to find any information about there being a factory reset option on the projector as that's the only other thing I can think of short of getting someone to look at it. I figured I'd post here as perhaps someone might have had a similar experience or know what could potentially be the cause. Cheers.
This yellow line has just started coming up for me too in the past few days (but on the other side of the screen). I've had it for almost 4 years now and was hoping it will last until my next bonus (Feb 2016).

It does seem to go away for me after a few minutes, normally after I go between my lens shift settings a few times. This could be coincidence though, maybe it has to do with being warmed up.

-TK

Projector & Screen: Panasonic AE7000u 3D w/HTB Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH Screen
Video: DVDO Edge Audio: Emotiva XMC-1 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Emotiva UAC-8.2 (side), ERD-1s (rear)
Subwoofer: eD A3-300 12" 350w Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
Visit My Theater
post #4518 of 4519 Old 08-20-2015, 05:27 AM

Liked: 13
Regarding vertical yellow and cyan lines: it might be a bad connection between motherboard and LCD modulators. Try opening the top cover, then gently disconnecting and reconnecting the three LCD modulators. They should be easy to find, towards the front of the projector, behind the lens, the three modulators would have thin flat bent multicore cables connecting them to the motherboard from left, rear and right direction. Depending on construction of the connectors, you might need to lift the securing latch, or rotate it 90 degrees, to be able to disconnect/reconnect the cable; then move the latch back into secured position.

The big blue splotches: it's probably an unglued color filter. This is possible to check at home too, but unfortunately it's not trivial. On AE2000, one needed to remove the central optic assembly and motherboard to access the filters. Clumsy as I am, I've managed to fix mine.
TKNice likes this.
post #4519 of 4519 Unread Today, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Folks, sharing recent problem with my PJ that bothers me a lot.

While turning ON, a continuous cracking/clicking noise was observed and when I turned it OFF after 3 hrs of watching, I heard the same noise. While watching, I did not notice that noise. I'm suspecting that it came from the lens movement.

Anyone encountered the same problem. Any recommendation on what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page