OWNERS Thread for the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D Projector - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 10-11-2015, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesped2 View Post
I had to send it to Service in UK for repairing.
My surprise was once I connected it back, it looked almost as good as new. There is zero spots now, and just a bit of yellow tone that can be easily fixed in the color controls, so in the end I am pretty happy with the result.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2015, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Where have you guys bought your replacement bulb/lamp and what was your experience?

On 3700 hrs now and need to buy soon so I don't miss any football so please post!
Old 11-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, Hope you might be able to help me on 3d issues with my 7000.

Overall the projector is perfect, but i have never been able to use it in 3d without bad ghosting.
3d works, but there is always bad ghosting, but it's only with the right eye, Ie, if i close my right eye and watch with my left eye, then all looks fine. However, if i close my left eye and watch with my right eye, there is always a double/ghost image.

I'm using the TY-EW3D3M glasses as they are the only ones that work with this projector for me.
I did buy TY-ER3D4ME and TY-ER3D4MU Compatible glasses, but neither of these work with the projector?
I've set it up using all settings from weak to strong ir as well as frame creation modes etc but all settings still have ghosting in the right eye.
currently using a panasonic DMP-BDT500 blu ray player for 3d playback.

I think it's the glasses? but any idea's on what else i can try would be appriciated.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Overall the projector is perfect, but i have never been able to use it in 3d without bad ghosting.
3d works, but there is always bad ghosting, but it's only with the right eye, Ie, if i close my right eye and watch with my left eye, then all looks fine. However, if i close my left eye and watch with my right eye, there is always a double/ghost image.

I'm using the TY-EW3D3M glasses as they are the only ones that work with this projector for me.
I did buy TY-ER3D4ME and TY-ER3D4MU Compatible glasses, but neither of these work with the projector?
I've set it up using all settings from weak to strong ir as well as frame creation modes etc but all settings still have ghosting in the right eye.

I think it's the glasses? but any idea's on what else i can try would be appriciated.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfann View Post
On 3700 hrs now and need to buy soon so I don't miss any football so please post!
My advice is don't buy any lamp not made by Panasonic. There is a lot of cheaper "compatible" lamps but they have much worse brightness and with some you even loose some functions like ECO mode. It just doesn't pay off.

I bought mine directly from the Panasonic UK Service when they were repairing my projector and it was the cheapest price I found in Europe.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Does anybody know if there is a way to force a 30p Refresh Rate mode?

Been trying in Windows but nothing worked so far...

Logic tells me that if it supports 24p,50p,60p,30i,50i,60i it shouldn't be a problem to get 30p, right?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepescovir View Post

K, I have tried a few different active glasses from Panasonic and universal active glasses and all are dark with bad ghosting mostly in the right eye. Regaurdless of setting the pj to dynamic, bright and light glasses settings.

So i connected my lg passive fullhd 42 inch tv to my same samsung bluray player using the passive glasses and WOW. The difference is huge, The lg passive were so bright and crystal clear compared to my panny pj.

I thought the 7000 was supposed to be a good 3d pj for the tine but the much cheaper lg tv passive is so, so much brighter, clearer and absolutely no ghosting. Did iget a dud pj or is this normal for passive vs active?

I'm almost thinking of swapping my 110" panny pj for a 50 inch lg tv. This cant be right?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 60
It's right.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 99
No, it is not right, but unfortunately yes, you have a problem with the 3d on your unit since you have bad ghosting in the right eye like you do.. And comparing its active shutter 3d performance in its currently flawed state to a very small 42 inch TV using the totally different passive 3d method is going to be quite a difference.... obviously.

Just to totally confirm that you need to service your 7000, be sure to swap the HDMI cable with another one and if available, maybe try another blu ray player... or even try using another HDMI input on your 7000, just in case.. But, most likely, unfortunately something is wrong with your projector. If 3d is super important to you, then definitely going with the much smaller screen of a TV and the passive system can be quite advantageous.. the image will be brighter and the glasses are typically more comfortable, and as long as you don't sit too close to your screen, the half resolution of the passive 3d system will not be apparent.

But for me, the best way to experience 3d is on a very big screen with a properly functioning active shutter full resolution system! When I owned my 7000, its 3d worked fine, but when the 8000 became available brand new for less than $1500, I grabbed one... and the improvements that were made in its 3d performance are definitely obvious from that 1st generation 3d model.

Keep in mind too, that some people just don't see or process the active shutter method well due to their own vision. Maybe you are one of the few who fall into that category....
Old 12-15-2015, 09:52 AM

Already tried different cables, players etc but 3d wasn't much of a priority for me. I do have a 720p 120hz dlp projector which i've used for the odd game with nvidia 3d vision, which is far better then a fullhd 3d pj,but even then it's rare for me to bother setting it up.

It's just a shame that you cant seem to get a 1080p pj that can work with nvidia 3d vision, dont know of any that can take in a 120hz signal.

Unfortunately i live in ireland and there is literally no where you can view before buying. But i can send it in for a service abroad as it needs cleaning anyway as it's used in a smokey man cave and see if they can find anything wrong at the time.
I'll just have to break out the spare hc6800 for a while.

Cheers for the advise.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepescovir View Post
Already tried different cables, players etc but 3d wasn't much of a priority for me. I do have a 720p 120hz dlp projector which i've used for the odd game with nvidia 3d vision, which is far better then a fullhd 3d pj,but even then it's rare for me to bother setting it up.

It's just a shame that you cant seem to get a 1080p pj that can work with nvidia 3d vision, dont know of any that can take in a 120hz signal.

Unfortunately i live in ireland and there is literally no where you can view before buying. But i can send it in for a service abroad as it needs cleaning anyway as it's used in a smokey man cave and see if they can find anything wrong at the time.
I'll just have to break out the spare hc6800 for a while.

Cheers for the advise.

Did you try a 2nd plus pair of the correct model of glasses?

Onkyo TX-NR1030 rec'r
Panasonic PT7000 proj.
Hsu 11.3 speakers
Emotiva UPA-200 amp
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 BD player
PHD-208 HDTV antenna tuner
Old 12-31-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effdbee View Post
Did you try a 2nd plus pair of the correct model of glasses?
yep, 3 pairs of the same model glasses, all with the same isssue, Looks like a faulty unit and not a single panasonic repair center in this country. looks like i'll have to ship it over seas and hope for the best.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Regarding vertical yellow and cyan lines: it might be a bad connection between motherboard and LCD modulators. Try opening the top cover, then gently disconnecting and reconnecting the three LCD modulators. They should be easy to find, towards the front of the projector, behind the lens, the three modulators would have thin flat bent multicore cables connecting them to the motherboard from left, rear and right direction. Depending on construction of the connectors, you might need to lift the securing latch, or rotate it 90 degrees, to be able to disconnect/reconnect the cable; then move the latch back into secured position.

The big blue splotches: it's probably an unglued color filter. This is possible to check at home too, but unfortunately it's not trivial. On AE2000, one needed to remove the central optic assembly and motherboard to access the filters. Clumsy as I am, I've managed to fix mine.
I just tried reconnecting them and used an air gun also to clean things around. The yellow / blue vertical lines (in may case I have 3) were back as soon as I turned the projector Any other recommendations? Has anyone solved the issue or found how much does Panasonic charge for fixing this? I'm at the very end of my lamp as well, so it's a tough spot to be... Do I get a new lamp and live with the three lines going forward? Will I be getting more lines overtime as well? Otherwise, what to replace it with? Stay with Panasonic or something else? Brand new / second hand? I have no idea what to do... It also bugs me that I can't even sell it. It feels bad that kind of purchase gone just like that...
Old 01-03-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milikito View Post
I just tried reconnecting them and used an air gun also to clean things around. The yellow / blue vertical lines (in may case I have 3) were back as soon as I turned the projector Any other recommendations? Has anyone solved the issue or found how much does Panasonic charge for fixing this? I'm at the very end of my lamp as well, so it's a tough spot to be... Do I get a new lamp and live with the three lines going forward? Will I be getting more lines overtime as well? Otherwise, what to replace it with? Stay with Panasonic or something else? Brand new / second hand? I have no idea what to do... It also bugs me that I can't even sell it. It feels bad that kind of purchase gone just like that...
Maybe try using another source and setting the PJ to do 2d-3d conversion to be certain it is not the BD player

Onkyo TX-NR1030 rec'r
Panasonic PT7000 proj.
Hsu 11.3 speakers
Emotiva UPA-200 amp
Old 01-03-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Maybe try using another source and setting the PJ to do 2d-3d conversion to be certain it is not the BD player

Onkyo TX-NR1030 rec'r
Panasonic PT7000 proj.
Hsu 11.3 speakers
Emotiva UPA-200 amp
Old 01-03-2016, 10:27 PM

Nah, the problem is independent of the source, in fact it shows during the Panasonic logo during boot or while scanning for inputs as in the attached picture. I like the blue background to display the problem as it shows how those lines are just directly off on the blue component. After a few minutes one or two might disappear and then return...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0175.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1160330  
Old 01-03-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Nah, the problem is independent of the source, in fact it shows during the Panasonic logo during boot or while scanning for inputs as in the attached picture. I like the blue background to display the problem as it shows how those lines are just directly off on the blue component. After a few minutes one or two might disappear and then return...
I also took a picture of the motherboard and highlighted the blue LCD flex cable in case someone finds it useful. Should I remove the motherboard and see what's on the other end or I am I just wasting my time?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0172.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	1160338  
Old 03-14-2016, 10:58 PM

I also have the same problem "blue / yellow line" showing up. Lamp has 3300 hours on it. Has anyone gone through Panasonic to get this fixed? How much did it cost? Not sure if I want to invest in a new lamp if this problem persists.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:06 AM

Hello,

I might be buying a 4 year old PT-AE7000 (PT-AT5000E).
Are there any details I should be careful of?

Thank you. :-)
Old 03-31-2016, 04:01 PM

I got it. Everything is fine except for some minor picture anomalies. See the dark spots on a blue colour.
What could cause this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1459461651416.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1351410  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:20 PM

Hmmm. One other thing is bothering me too. There are some colour shades visible in black or white screen. A kind of red at the left side and blue on the right side.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1459804829160.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1358890  
Old 05-01-2016, 01:01 PM

Projector too dim

My 5 year-old PT-AE7000U is too dim. My light meter in the best case shows 50 lux... full bright mode, full white image. That works out to less than a paltry 150 Lumens for my 8' screen. I also have a colorimeter which measures the brightness at an even lower value. The Lux meter seems to provide nominally believable values in other circumstances, and the brightness is not at all reminiscent of what it was when I bought it, so I feel like I have to believe the numbers.

I've bought 4 bulbs from 4 different vendors; one of them was DOA, but the others all got measurements in the same ballpark.

Which of these explanations seem most likely?
  • All of my measurements and perceptions are wrong, the projector is fine
  • All of the bulbs I have purchased are sub-standard and do not deliver the required light output
  • Something is wrong with the projector itself

If the latter, what could be wrong with the projector? Regrettably, I didn't know the air filter existed until recently, and it was fairly clogged when I cleaned it. But the picture is quite uniform, so I'm not suspecting dirt in the light path. I don't even know if that's a thing projectors experience.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnddx View Post
My 5 year-old PT-AE7000U is too dim. My light meter in the best case shows 50 lux... full bright mode, full white image. That works out to less than a paltry 150 Lumens for my 8' screen. I also have a colorimeter which measures the brightness at an even lower value. The Lux meter seems to provide nominally believable values in other circumstances, and the brightness is not at all reminiscent of what it was when I bought it, so I feel like I have to believe the numbers.

I've bought 4 bulbs from 4 different vendors; one of them was DOA, but the others all got measurements in the same ballpark.

Which of these explanations seem most likely?
  • All of my measurements and perceptions are wrong, the projector is fine
  • All of the bulbs I have purchased are sub-standard and do not deliver the required light output
  • Something is wrong with the projector itself

If the latter, what could be wrong with the projector? Regrettably, I didn't know the air filter existed until recently, and it was fairly clogged when I cleaned it. But the picture is quite uniform, so I'm not suspecting dirt in the light path. I don't even know if that's a thing projectors experience.
Where are you buying your bulbs from? and how much do they cost? Legit bulbs are only available from 2 or 3 vendors... and will all cost over $300 ... everything else is most likely junk.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Where are you buying your bulbs from? and how much do they cost? Legit bulbs are only available from 2 or 3 vendors... and will all cost over $300 ... everything else is most likely junk.
I bought 3 from Amazon dealers at several price points:

- 1 from Amazon dealer #1 for $70 (I knew it was a crapshoot, DOA, returned)
- 1 from Amazon dealer #2 for $150 (returned)
- 1 from Amazon dealer #3 for $220
- 1 from ProjectorLamps.com for $285

I'll be returning the latter two as well if I can develop some conviction that it's not actually the projector.

Who are the trusted suppliers?
Old 05-01-2016, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnddx View Post
I bought 3 from Amazon dealers at several price points:

- 1 from Amazon dealer #1 for $70 (I knew it was a crapshoot, DOA, returned)
- 1 from Amazon dealer #2 for $150 (returned)
- 1 from Amazon dealer #3 for $220
- 1 from ProjectorLamps.com for $285

I'll be returning the latter two as well if I can develop some conviction that it's not actually the projector.

Who are the trusted suppliers?
Here ya go... this is a post from the Panny 8000 thread talking about this topic... check out those sellers

Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version)
Old 05-02-2016, 07:51 AM

Hi guys, I have a AE 7000 and my projector ballast is death so I send device to service and service said 650 USD for replacement ballast board. Part number is TNPA 5415 so I dont want to pay this cost I just need a TNPA 5415 original part so how can I find this part do you know?
Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 PM

Searching for input signal

I have a panasonic PT AE 8000 U projector running fine until today when i clicked on video input on the remote by mistake and after that it is keep on giving me searching for input signal when turned On the projector and keep n getting the blue screen with input options i.e. S video, computer, HDMI 1, 2 & 3 image blinking. I restarted the projector several times and still no luck. i unplugged the HDMI on projector and changed it to different HDMI inputs still no luck. how to resolve this issue, your help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players