post #811 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dave View Post

At this point I'm not sure if you understand what an "opinion" is. If you are confident in your definition, I would strongly suggest you re-read my posts.

I have neither offered an opinion, nor spread any F, U or D.

A user and owner posted pictures of what his own projector displays when it is ghosting, and offered explanations of the situations where that happens. I only offered commentary that pointed out the ghosting that James didn't note in his original post, along with noting that there seemed to be an inverse in the severity of ghosting between the two sets with respect to picture mode.

So why the defensiveness?

It could be the case that the AE7000 offers the best 3D outside of DLP - I haven't offered an opinion one way or the other. But to suggest that forum users should ignore what James has experienced AND his photographic evidence of his experience is tantamount to telling the users to stick their heads in the sand.

It ghosts in some scenes. So what? Is that a personal insult to you? It's hardly news to anyone, it's just extremely helpful to see the photographs demonstrating where the effect could be prominent and some examples at different settings. It could also kick-start a discussion of different settings that can be used to further minimize the visibility of ghosting, which I would think would be a benefit to all users.

Personally, as a potential customer of this unit, I would like to REALISTICALLY know what it can and cannot do, and what settings might help or hurt performance in different modes.

It doesn't offend me at all and even though I have one, I also now have a JVC 55 on pre-order. I want what will be best for my situation. There are people who say this and that but in the end if you haven't actually seen it, how can you form any opinion? Discussion is one thing but your past post you were comparing pics from a camera to your current projector. Does that seem like a good logical comparison to you? Even if 1 or 2 scenes are taken with a camera, that still doesn't determine the over all performance of the unit or would even come close to giving you enough info to make any kind of logical choice. Thats what I'm getting at.
I personally can't deal with rainbows of single chip DLP's, they are extremely distracting to me personally but I could take a pic, it show no rainbows and someone who may be susceptible think it's fine, buy it and hate it. Until they've hopefully had a chance to check out the unit personally or at the very least have a store who has a good return policy, they will never know for certain. What someone find acceptable or not acceptable can be completely different. I find it acceptable, other do not. until you see it first hand, you will never know from pics and opinions on the net.
We come on the forms to get as much info as possible but in the end it's still a gamble. How may true video/audiophile's will tell you to buy something based on a review or a thread on the net? none. They will tell you to try it out for yourself.
I had a side by side of the 7000 and a jvc 40 (granted it's no the 45) but in the end for me, the 7000 just did more things right. But it's a gamble on my part as it wasn't the actual 45. Which is the reason I pre-ordered the 55. Depending on what I like better, the other will be up for sale.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As an actual owner of an AE7000 who has watched a fair bit of 3D content on it in the last few weeks I can say the following things:

1. Yes, there is occasional ghosting. Panasonic may have advertised it as ghosting free, but it is not.

2. In motion, it doesn't appear as bad as those images make it out to be. Remember, cameras are not human eyes, and often times a single image is created using a whole second or more's worth of light, with very large apertures and very sensitive digital sensors. Also note that while the camera's sensor is exposed to light, the shutters in the glasses are still doing their on/off rapid fire sequence. What effect, if any, this has on the final product I don't think any of us here are qualified to say.

Those images should be taken as proof only, not as indication to degree or intensity. If ghosting is an all or nothing must-have, then by all means, take the AE7000 off of your short list, because the truth is that it DOES have ghosting at certain times. But if you are more flexible, and are worried that the ghosting displayed in those photos is "too much" or "severe" then I think you're doing yourself a disservice by completely discounting the AE7000.
post #813 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

That scale is too difficult to read. Use this one: http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/c...e7000_235.html

For 150" 2.35:1 screen you need no less than 15.55Ft.

For a throw distance of 11'9" (or 11.75ft) you can get a max of 113" (diag)2.35:1 screen.

Thanks Mate you just saved me from installing power at the wrong location.
post #814 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfZo View Post

Check you cables and your Onkyo, My old SR805 will not pass video properly to this projector, I am upgrading to a newer Onkyo that does HDMI 1.4a Until it arrives, I just bypass the receiver and run each device into the projector HDMI inputs and use optical for the audio

My 3008 does pass video properly, it's the exact same set up I had for my 3000. Also, my receiver is 1.4 and 3D played fine on the projector. And 2d played fine, until I tried "Lost", which is not 3D. I actually got a picture just fine on the disk during the previews and such, but when the start menu comes up, the video goes out. I started to play the first episode, and the sound was fine, but still no picture. I'm not too worried, just perplexed. kf
post #815 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey guys, quick question (it's not very quick, sorry!):

I'm "thinking" about a PT-AE7000U, but I have concerns about my receiver. It's an Onkyo TX-SR707. I have my PS3, XBOX 360, and Mac mini all connected to it via HDMI, and then one single HDMI cable going out to the TV. I'd like to keep it this way!

My thoughts are these:

I know that for 3D, I need a new receiver, OR I can get e.g. a Panasonic 310BT which has the dual HDMI outputs, and just send audio to the receiver via the one HDMI out, and video direct to the projector via the other HDMI out. However, that causes a problem for me in that I'd have to use TWO inputs on the projector (one for PS3/360/Mac mini, and the other dedicated to the Panasonic Blu-ray player). Since there are no discrete IR codes for the Panasonic line of projectors, I'd like to somehow be able to just use HDMI 1 on the projector. Will this work? :

Connect Mac mini, XBOX 360, PS3 to the Onkyo receiver, all via HDMI. Connect Panasonic Blu-ray player audio over HDMI to Onkyo receiver. Connect the second HDMI connection (video) from the Panasonic Blu-ray player to an HDMI 1.3b switch with discrete codes (this one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...mat=4#feedback). Then have the output from the HDMI switch go to the PT-AE7000U's HDMI 1 port.

Then connect the HDMI out from the Onkyo receiver to the HDMI switch.

So that would leave everything still connecting to the HDMI 1 on the PT-AE7000, right? Will that work, and give me 3D movies, HD audio, and my PS3/360/Mac mini all working, too?

Sorry if this is confusing, but I hope someone can tell me if this will work!
post #816 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM

Just finished watching Open Season, after reading in this thread about the ghosting and looking at Vizwid's photos. There is something wrong about those photos, there is no comparison to what they show and what I saw watching the movie. I'm using Panasonic 3rd gen glasses, projector set at "normal" and there was no visible ghosting. perhaps pausing the image introduced some changes or as someone else mentioned, a camera shutter can remain open for long periods. Major, significant artifacts can be easily made to show up in photos, either inadvertently or purposefully. I wonder what glasses he was using; some 3rd party glasses don't work quite right with some projectors.
post #817 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidwiz View Post

I'm seeing a lot of ghosting in Open Season and am considering returning the projector because of it. I haven't bought a bunch of titles yet because I want to make sure I'm happy with the 3D reproduction of this projector first. Admittedly I'm using Normal pic mode, non eco lamp, and glasses...

Just wanted add that I'm seeing ghosting as well. I only have Step Up 3D to test however. I do have 3rd gen glasses, using Light setting and tried Normal (though dynamic seems more watchable for any dark scenes).

The point is that there is the Parallax adjust feature. Why would it be there if there were no ghosting? But when I adjust it for best close up images like faces, then I can see ghosting in the background. There is no setting that corrects ghosting for all depths. It just moves the ghosting in or out, so you set it where you are most comfortable for most scenes. Maybe that movie is the wrong selection to use but I heard it was on the top of the list for 3D.

I could post pics like you but what's the point. Ghosting should be obvious to everyone unless the image is so dark you can't see them. I'm thinking I have to live with some ghosting as part of the LCD process. I don't think it has anything to do with glasses syncing as I've moved around to all corners of the room with no change and I do see syncing issues with the XpanD x103 glasses which can't keep up with the switching speed.
post #818 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamphear View Post

As an actual owner of an AE7000 who has watched a fair bit of 3D content on it in the last few weeks I can say the following things:

1. Yes, there is occasional ghosting. Panasonic may have advertised it as ghosting free, but it is not.

2. In motion, it doesn't appear as bad as those images make it out to be. Remember, cameras are not human eyes, and often times a single image is created using a whole second or more's worth of light, with very large apertures and very sensitive digital sensors. Also note that while the camera's sensor is exposed to light, the shutters in the glasses are still doing their on/off rapid fire sequence. What effect, if any, this has on the final product I don't think any of us here are qualified to say.

Those images should be taken as proof only, not as indication to degree or intensity. If ghosting is an all or nothing must-have, then by all means, take the AE7000 off of your short list, because the truth is that it DOES have ghosting at certain times. But if you are more flexible, and are worried that the ghosting displayed in those photos is "too much" or "severe" then I think you're doing yourself a disservice by completely discounting the AE7000.

Thanks for that honest post friend. I believed James back then but about got run out of here. Looks like my next PJ will be a DLP. I am sure the 7k has an awesome pic and does 3d well too. Problem is my DLP TV does it flawlessly and my wife has seen every 3d movie I have with it. Now imagine me getting a PJ that has minor ghosting. At this point I cannot accept anything but zero ghosting. I had high hopes because I really need offset. I guess I need to just go ahead and move my ceiling fan and rerun the HDMI cable.

I remain puzzled though because the tech seems solid and there should be no ghosting. Perhaps this is a glasses issue but I just don't know. Somebody solve this please.
post #819 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I need to bring up the Dynamic Iris issue again.

My problem is not really a brightness change, but rather a color tint change. You can see it in the credit roll as thicker letters or symbols scroll up along with smaller characters, I will see the text change colors as it passes upward through regions of the screen. Of course the background is black.

The white text or symbols will change tint to green, magenta, and maybe another color. There may be some brightening or dimming, but why does the color change? This is quite worrisome, because occasionally when the scene lighting is right, I will see this happen on people's faces on close-ups. My white uniformity is fine and I can turn off this effect by setting DI OFF. Then all text remains white.

I've always had DI ON with my AE2000U and never saw changing colors or flashing of any kind. Am I the only one who sees this?
post #820 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Apparently I can get at the Service menu using the same method as the previous projectors. Flicker seems to be the only thing you can adjust.

But what is the Auto Adjust setting for? It's defaulted to "Normal". Does anyone know what setting it to "Special" does?
post #821 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey P View Post

Ghosting should be obvious to everyone unless the image is so dark you can't see them.

I've not watched Open Season yet, which someone is claiming is bad, but the three titles I've watched so far (Despicalbe Me, Monsters vs Aliens, and most of Avatar) either exhibit no ghosting, or it is so fine and rare that it comprises well less than 1% of viewing. I do notice subtle flickering which I wish wasn't there, but perhaps there are some bad glasses out there that are causing some to experience something so obvious.

What is the method to get in the service menu? Curious what the flicker setting is for...
post #822 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey P View Post

Just wanted add that I'm seeing ghosting as well. I only have Step Up 3D to test however. I do have 3rd gen glasses, using Light setting and tried Normal (though dynamic seems more watchable for any dark scenes).

The point is that there is the Parallax adjust feature. Why would it be there if there were no ghosting? But when I adjust it for best close up images like faces, then I can see ghosting in the background. There is no setting that corrects ghosting for all depths. It just moves the ghosting in or out, so you set it where you are most comfortable for most scenes. Maybe that movie is the wrong selection to use but I heard it was on the top of the list for 3D.

I could post pics like you but what's the point. Ghosting should be obvious to everyone unless the image is so dark you can't see them. I'm thinking I have to live with some ghosting as part of the LCD process. I don't think it has anything to do with glasses syncing as I've moved around to all corners of the room with no change and I do see syncing issues with the XpanD x103 glasses which can't keep up with the switching speed.

Since there has been so much talk about ghosting I figured I'd rewatch some of my movies. Will by step up 3d this week to check out also.

The movies I have:

Hubble 3D
Final destination 3D
Last Airbender 3D
How to train your dragon 3D
Thor 3D

After watching about 30 mins of each I did notice obvious ghosting on one of the movies-How to train your dragon. I did not pay much attention to it when I first watched it, the 3d was really good. Now that I went back I can see alot of ghosting in it. I dont see any ghosting in the other movies. Makes you wonder why some movies have no ghosting, but others do. How to train your dragon is the only one I see ghosting in. I am using my PS3 as my 3d player.
post #823 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn7 View Post

Major, significant artifacts can be easily made to show up in photos, either inadvertently or purposefully. I wonder what glasses he was using; some 3rd party glasses don't work quite right with some projectors.

There is no purposeful misrepresentation here. I've been a Panny Fanboy for decades. I have 3rd gen Panasonic glasses but given the disparity in experiences and the report of possible sync problems with eyewear, I am beginning to think/hope that is the problem. Anyone in the Phoenix area, or closer, with a relatively ghost free 7000 want to help me sort this out?
post #824 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I've not watched Open Season yet, which someone is claiming is bad, but the three titles I've watched so far (Despicalbe Me, Monsters vs Aliens, and most of Avatar) either exhibit no ghosting, or it is so fine and rare that it comprises well less than 1% of viewing. I do notice subtle flickering which I wish wasn't there, but perhaps there are some bad glasses out there that are causing some to experience something so obvious.

What is the method to get in the service menu? Curious what the flicker setting is for...

Just to be clear, I only studied the DI problem in 2D mode.

The service menu sequence has been stored in my remote button for some time. I'll look it up tomorrow.
post #825 of 4432 Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randito3 View Post

Since there has been so much talk about ghosting I figured I'd rewatch some of my movies. Will by step up 3d this week to check out also.
I am using my PS3 as my 3d player.

I'm using the Panasonic 310 player. I imagine the 3D settings in the player could have an effect too.
post #826 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I wonder why more manufacturers don't make the glasses like the Bit Cauldron/MonsterVision glasses, where you can adjust both delay (sync timing) and shutter timing/brightness?

If the shutters in the glasses can open and shut fast enough, crosstalk would be completely dependent on the display, since you could adjust the sync if it's off, and how long the shutters are open thus minimizing or potentially eliminating crosstalk (check out Zombie10k tuning out crosstalk with these glasses and the Sony HW30).

Max
post #827 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamphear View Post

The truth is that it DOES have ghosting at certain times. But if you are more flexible, and are worried that the ghosting displayed in those photos is "too much" or "severe" then I think you're doing yourself a disservice by completely discounting the AE7000.

It's just hilarious to me that people think that ghosting is all about the projector. It never has been.

Sure, some displays suffer from EXTRA ghosting because of the display's speed, but the main reason for ghosting has always been extinction ratio.
Some glasses have far better extinction ratio than others. and even the very best shutter glasses will have visible ghosting in some situations.

Circular polarized glasses have the worse extinction ratio of all the techs, followed by linear polarized glasses. Shutter glasses have better extinction ratios (some much better than others) and supposedly the technology with the best extinction ratios out there is Infitec (that's the tech Dolby Digital uses for it's theaters)

And even then. I can tell you even Infitec glasses have their fair share of ghosting. (i used to have a dual projector setup, which by the way, is by far the best way to do 3d projection, unless you don't fancy the idea of having to replace TWO lamps instead of one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randito3 View Post

Makes you wonder why some movies have no ghosting, but others do.

It's actually quite simple:

High contrast images will be a lot more prone to ghosting than any other images.

Like say... a lit candle in a pitch black room, the candle will have ghosting if the background is very dark.
how to train your dragon has quite a few scenes like this, so it's not surprising you see ghosting on that movie compared to a movie that is more evenly lit at all times.
post #828 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post

It's just hilarious to me that people think that ghosting is all about the projector. It never has been.

Good point. Everyone seems to think a blocked eye in shutter glasses are completely non-transparent. But in reality they are not. There is some see-through anyway just like a LCD panel can't produce 100 percent blackness, neither can the glasses block ALL light when closed.
post #829 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post

Sure, some displays suffer from EXTRA ghosting because of the display's speed, but the main reason for ghosting has always been extinction ratio.
Some glasses have far better extinction ratio than others. and even the very best shutter glasses will have visible ghosting in some situations...

I am sure it is a combination of multiple factors. I don't pretend to know the cause or mitigation at the moment, but I'm trying to narrow it down. What I can say with certainty at the moment is that I observe ghosting on my particular 7000 through 3 different sets of gen 3 Panasonic glasses on virtually every 3DBD I have watched. Some scenes (like the MvA shots I posted) are much more egregious than others, but such cases have been few and far between in experience thus far.

I am trying to share what I have observed, help others, and learn some things myself. I am not trying to disparage this pj nor spread any FUD. Heck, I really like the pj, and if I can ameliorate the worst cases of ghosting, I will be a very happy individual.

I am fully aware that the glasses might be the issue. I have ordered the Monster Vision Eyewear System. It should be here Wednesday, and I will compare its performance to that of my gen 3 Panasonic glasses. I will report my observations and hopefully post some snapshot comparisons.
post #830 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hey, everyone that has there's running, did you have to re-setup your Blu-ray player to recognize the signal to the 7000? I have DirecTV's 3D running to it and it does fine, but when I try to play a 3D Blu-ray or web-based 3d content from my Sony BDP-S570, it acts like it can't lock onto the signal. I have two HDMI cables running to the PJ, one to the satellite box and one to the player, and I switched them around. Both cables work with the DirecTV box, but not with the player, so I know it's the player. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wolfie
post #831 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
So, since I'm going to be getting this projector and I'm going to need to control it via the serial port (for applying the lens memory presets), and, right now, I'm building a new house to put it in, I need to get the correct cable. I'd be happier with a 20 ft. cable because I know it would reach, but I'm going with the 15 ft. because the 20 ft is out of stock and I'm having it over-nighted because sheetrock is going up this week.

Will this cable work for going from the equipment closet to the projector? I know it's male to female, but I didn't see a male to male and I can always buy a gender changer/adapter once the sheetrock is up. Or, better yet, just get the correct wall plate for this cable that'll be in the wall.

I just need confirmation that this is the type of cable I'm going to need in the wall to go from the equipment closet to the projector.

Thanks!

Chet
post #832 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Hey, everyone that has there's running, did you have to re-setup your Blu-ray player to recognize the signal to the 7000? I have DirecTV's 3D running to it and it does fine, but when I try to play a 3D Blu-ray or web-based 3d content from my Sony BDP-S570, it acts like it can't lock onto the signal. I have two HDMI cables running to the PJ, one to the satellite box and one to the player, and I switched them around. Both cables work with the DirecTV box, but not with the player, so I know it's the player. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wolfie

I am doing the exact same thing except I use a Panasonic 210 player instead of the Sony. I have the DirecTV in HDMI 1 and the player in HDMI 2. I have never had any problem switching between the two. I do use HDMI 1.4 cables. Could your problem be that you are using 1.3 instead of 1.4 cables? The one thing that does annoy me is having to manually switch the 3D setting to side by side to watch the DirecTV. Is there a setting to allow this mode detected and switched automatically?
post #833 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

Will this cable work for going from the equipment closet to the projector?

Thanks!

Yes it will work
post #834 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

So, since I'm going to be getting this projector and I'm going to need to control it via the serial port (for applying the lens memory presets), and, right now, I'm building a new house to put it in, I need to get the correct cable. I'd be happier with a 20 ft. cable because I know it would reach, but I'm going with the 15 ft. because the 20 ft is out of stock and I'm having it over-nighted because sheetrock is going up this week.

Will this cable work for going from the equipment closet to the projector? I know it's male to female, but I didn't see a male to male and I can always buy a gender changer/adapter once the sheetrock is up. Or, better yet, just get the correct wall plate for this cable that'll be in the wall.

I just need confirmation that this is the type of cable I'm going to need in the wall to go from the equipment closet to the projector.

Thanks!

It depends what device is on the other end of the cable driving the pj. The IR-to-RS232 converter that I use requires a NULL Modem cable. Alternatively, you could get a serial NULL Modem adapter that will allow you to use a straight serial cable like the one you linked to.
post #835 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN View Post

I am fully aware that the glasses might be the issue. I have ordered the Monster Vision Eyewear System. It should be here Wednesday, and I will compare its performance to that of my gen 3 Panasonic glasses. I will report my observations and hopefully post some snapshot comparisons.

I am curious to see how you make out with the MV3D's. I was able to tune out 99% of ghosting on the HW30 using the MV3D's, yet it doesn't work on my JVC RS50 which has slower panels than the HW30.

This is the shot I used as a reference showing the Sony glasses vs MV3D's:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post20926767
post #836 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I am curious to see how you make out with the MV3D's. I was able to tune out 99% of ghosting on the HW30 using the MV3D's, yet it doesn't work on my JVC RS50 which has slower panels than the HW30.

This is the shot I used as a reference showing the Sony glasses vs MV3D's:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post20926767

Well first I'm hoping they even work at all! Last I checked, the 7000 was not listed as one of the supported pjs on the Monster website.
post #837 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN View Post

I have ordered the Monster Vision Eyewear System. It should be here Wednesday, and I will compare its performance to that of my gen 3 Panasonic glasses. I will report my observations and hopefully post some snapshot comparisons.

I am very anxious to hear your report on the comparison. I was thinking of those myself, but they were twice the price. But if they could actually tune out most of the remaining ghosts, they may be worth it.
post #838 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Ok, this is the sequence of button presses for the EXT OPTION menu:
power off - right - up - down - up - down - enter

I found the answer to my own question on the "Special" setting and that is to leave it as "Normal". It affects the dot clock auto adjustment;
− NORMAL: To set the normal mode (the dot clock is adjusted strictly)
− SPECIAL: To set the special mode (the dot clock is adjusted roughly)
* Do not change the initial setting (NORMAL).

post #839 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymic; View Post

Its funny. The ghost problem only happens with the people who never watched a movie in AE7000. I will say again, there is no problem with ghosts in AE7000. Every single owner in this thead can confirmate that. Everything else is speculation.

I'm pretty sure everyone reporting ghosting on the 7000 has actually seen it in person on a 7000. As I've played around a bit more, I definitely have seen lots of ghosting. It's not terrible, and doesn't bother me much, but it's there.

In some certain posts, people have mentioned how the ghosting is worse in certain picture modes. In the experimentation I've done, it's worse in brighter modes like dynamic only because the image is brighter and it shows up better
It's crazy to me that someone might switch to a dimmer mode just to make the ghosting (and everything else) less visible.

For me the lack of brightness is much more of a problem and so I have always preferred dynamic mode even if it causes the ghosting to show up more.
post #840 of 4432 Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Again for the last i hope, i said the same thing few posts ago.
There is ghosts in some scenes, but its not a problem, a few ghosts in a few scenes dont make a problem. If you see a lot of ghosts than its a calibration (settings) problem or a issue with the glasses. I watched a lot of movies, ghosts was not a problem in none of these movies, but i tried every single settings before decide what is the best mode for the movies in 3D in my room. I see two or three scenes with ghosts, but i was not looking for. In dynamic mode certainly will see more ghosts.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page