post #1441 of 4432 Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post

i would suggest you buy a 3d blu-ray player! :d a dvd player won't cut it for blu-ray or for 3d and therein lies your problem.

BRILLIANT!!! :d:d

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 4432 Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM

Liked: 10
Funny deja vu...To bad the Non 3D pic on the Panasonic projector NOT funny
post #1443 of 4432 Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

I would suggest you buy a 3D Blu-ray player! A DVD player won't cut it for Blu-ray or for 3D and therein lies your problem.

The DMPBDT210 is a 3D Blu-ray player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay118 View Post

Can some PLEASE help or is this the way it is for you guys as well.
BTW I LOVE 3D MOVIES

No, this is not normal. Something must be wrong. When you see 3D on this projector it will be really obvious. I watched Monster vs Aliens and it was incredible. What movies have you watched?

Have you tried connecting the player's output directly to the projector, bypassing the 4311CI? This will lose the audio but it might help you find the source of the problem.

Do the LED emitters (near the manual lens shift) have a clear view to the screen? I ask this because my old set up had the projector in a closet with a hole in the wall just big enough to let the projector light through. This wouldn't have been enough for the emitters so I increased the size of the opening.

Do you have any indication on the Blu-ray player's pop up display mode that 3D has engaged? My Panasonic 3D Blu-ray player indicates when everything is connected properly. (Other than the glasses. It can't check them.)

Are you outputting the HDMI to another monitor in addition to the projector at the same time? (via a dual output on the receiver) If more than one monitor is connected and one is not 3D compatible it can shut down 3D on the one that is depending on the receiver and how you have set it up.

The Panasonic 3rd gen glasses will flash a pattern on it's small LED depending on the mode they are in. See the manual that came with the glasses to confirm they are in 3D mode based on this pattern.
post #1444 of 4432 Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

*sigh* That's not good. Amazon's pricing is well above Provantage, so I was hoping they would ship them soon.

Has *anyone* had theirs ship yet?

Yes, I got my twinpack a couple of weeks ago from Provantage.
post #1445 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 12:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 43
Quote:

But so far after buying apx 15 3D movie titles, the only image im seeing in 3D is the movie titles but the movies do not pop out at all!

If you watch a scene from one of these movies without the glasses do you see 2 images? Do you have Under the Sea? There is a scene with a cod fish that should really pop.

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #1446 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey P View Post

Yes, I got my twinpack a couple of weeks ago from Provantage.

Great, then I'll be patient. Not in any rush, and the price saving is too good to pass up.
post #1447 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Assuming everything in your system is hooked up connectly and you are actually getting the 3D signal from your Blu-ray 3D player thru your AVR and to your projecter, there are a couple of additional thiings to consider. The Panasonic BDT210 has a user adjustment that impacts the 3D depth of the image. See page 20 of the owner's manual in the section called "Enjoying 3D Video." While playing a Blu-ray 3D disc you may want to try going to the player's manual setting for "3D Picture Mode" and try different settings for the "distance" adjustment. Also your projector may also have similar settings that impact 3D image depth. I haven't used a AE7000 so I don't know what such a setting is called (it may just be called something like sceen size or perhaps 3D depth).

Finally, be aware that some 3D movies/programs do not include much or any "pop out of the screen" 3D effects and rather use the 3D to add depth appearing behind the screen. Sort of like the screen is a window thru which you are viewing the 3D world.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #1448 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Assuming everything in your system is hooked up connectly and you are actually getting the 3D signal from your Blu-ray 3D player thru your AVR and to your projecter, there are a couple of additional thiings to consider. The Panasonic BDT210 has a user adjustment that impacts the 3D depth of the image. See page 20 of the owner's manual in the section called "Enjoying 3D Video." While playing a Blu-ray 3D disc you may want to try going to the player's manual setting for "3D Picture Mode" and try different settings for the "distance" adjustment. Also your projector may also have similar settings that impact 3D image depth. I haven't used a AE7000 so I don't know what such a setting is called (it may just be called something like sceen size or perhaps 3D depth).

Finally, be aware that some 3D movies/programs do not include much or any "pop out of the screen" 3D effects and rather use the 3D to add depth appearing behind the screen. Sort of like the screen is a window thru which you are viewing the 3D world.

Is there a setting for "as the artist intended?" I'm not sure I like the "user configurable" 3D. I'd like it to be as it was seen in the cinema etc...
post #1449 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Is there a setting for "as the artist intended?" I'm not sure I like the "user configurable" 3D. I'd like it to be as it was seen in the cinema etc...

The "correct" settings to achieve the same range of 3D depth as you experience in a commercial theater will depend on your specific screen size and viewing distance, therefore there is no universal setting that works for everyone. This is especially true for a front projector where the screen size is not fixed. Also it has been claimed in some reports that the 3D depth has intentionally been altered for some movies released on blu-ray, as compared to what what shown in the theater, based on the assumption that most consumers are using 3DTVs with screen sizes of 50-60 inches.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #1450 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

The "correct" settings to achieve the same range of 3D depth as you experience in a commercial theater will depend on your specific screen size and viewing distance, therefore there is no universal setting that works for everyone. This is especially true for a front projector where the screen size is not fixed. Also it has been claimed in some reports that the 3D depth has intentionally been altered for some movies released on blu-ray, as compared to what what shown in the theater, based on the assumption that most consumers are using 3DTVs with screen sizes of 50-60 inches.

So it sounds like there's no specific correct setting, right? Boy, that'll be fun to configure...
post #1451 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I see a picture setting called cinema reality but it's disabled. What does this do?

Projector & Screen: Panasonic AE7000u 3D w/HTB Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH Screen
Video: DVDO Edge Audio: Emotiva XMC-1 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
Speakers: eD Custom 6T6 Towers, Emotiva UAC-8.2, Emotiva ERD-1s
Subwoofer: eD A3-300 12" 350w Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
Visit My Theater
post #1452 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Yes I see a pretty good 3d POP from IMAX under the sea cod fish. I guess most of the 3D moivies only show depth not 3D pop. I gues I just havent found the rite 3D movie yet.
post #1453 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:

I purchased this projector because I was told it shows a 3D image comparable to the 3D movieS in theaters.
But so far after buying apx 15 3D movie titles, the only image im seeing in 3D is the movie titles but the movies do not pop out at all!
Very disappointed in the 3D pop All the movies look 2d to me wife and the kids. I went as far as replacing my Ps3 for a Panasonic DvD player and still ALL of my titles show very little 3D at all. im using a denon 4311CI with 3d pass, high speed HDMI cables, 3rd gen 3d glasses from Panasonic and the panasonic DvD player model is Model: DMPBDT210.. so I think im ok with this.
But not a very 3D looking image. I also played around with the 3d depth, modes 12&3 on both dvd player & projector but did not change a lot
Can some PLEASE help or is this the way it is for you guys as well.
BTW I LOVE 3D MOVIES

You might want to check the 3D screen size setting. On page 61 of the manual in the notes ....
If AUTO LENS CONTROL SWITCHING is set to 2.35:1 IMAGE DETECTION, set the screen size to 40" larger than the actual screen used for projection.

I'm guessing that most people don't read that note and may have the screen size setting much smaller than it should be set at. Maybe that would effect how much 3D effect you are getting. I'll play with this setting tonight and see what effect it has.
post #1454 of 4432 Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Yes I see a pretty good 3d POP from IMAX under the sea cod fish. I guess most of the 3D moivies only show depth not 3D pop. I gues I just havent found the rite 3D movie yet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is likely the case. MOST 3D BDs released to date don't have the "pop-out" effect. It's mostly 3D depth. You can check out awesome thread that addresses this issue here:

forum. blu-ray .com/3d-blu-ray-movies/171400-what-3-d-bds-have-most-best-pop-out-effects.html

Note: Use copy and paste on the URL shown above and take out the spaces before and after the word "blu-ray".

Chet
post #1455 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKNice View Post

I see a picture setting called cinema reality but it's disabled. What does this do?

It's only active with interlaced signal. It's the 24P synchronisation.
post #1456 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 AM

So according to the manual page 12:

"Charge rechargeable 3D Eyewear by connecting to the USB port of a Panasonic TV that supports 3D video or a Panasonic-certified charger using the charging cable included with the 3D Eyewear. Charging with any other device may result in battery leakage, heating or rupture."

And on page 17:

"If you do not have a Panasonic 3D TV that supports 3D video, use a SANYO eneloop Mobile Bosster KBC-L2 series to charge your Eyewear."

What a load of crap. That's a major cop out disclaimer. Any quality USB hub will output 5 volts DC and that's all they are using to recharge the batteries. It's Panasonic's responsibility to have an appropriate charging circuit in the glasses to handle any small variations in that 5 volt supply line to allow for proper charging of the glasses.
post #1457 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgf_bean View Post

So according to the manual page 12:

"Charge rechargeable 3D Eyewear by connecting to the USB port of a Panasonic TV that supports 3D video or a Panasonic-certified charger using the charging cable included with the 3D Eyewear. Charging with any other device may result in battery leakage, heating or rupture."

And on page 17:

"If you do not have a Panasonic 3D TV that supports 3D video, use a SANYO eneloop Mobile Bosster KBC-L2 series to charge your Eyewear."

What a load of crap. That's a major cop out disclaimer. Any quality USB hub will output 5 volts DC and that's all they are using to recharge the batteries. It's Panasonic's responsibility to have an appropriate charging circuit in the glasses to handle any small variations in that 5 volt supply line to allow for proper charging of the glasses.

Just like all the other silly warnings in the book,
It's all about CYA
post #1458 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgf_bean View Post

I have a 5V 1000mA USB charger you plug into a wall socket. The Sanyo eneloop is 5V 500mA. I assume the glasses would only draw 500mA so the charger should be fine to use with my glasses?? Whenever they arrive!
post #1459 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

I have a 5V 1000mA USB charger you plug into a wall socket. The Sanyo eneloop is 5V 500mA. I assume the glasses would only draw 500mA so the charger should be fine to use with my glasses?? Whenever they arrive!

It should be fine because the charging regulator is in the glasses, not the external power supply.

I think Panasonic's concern is that there are 1000's of devices you could plug into to charge the glasses and one of them could be poor quality and for example output too much voltage. It's ridiculous really. They don't tell you that you have to plug the projector into a certified Panasonic wall outlet. No manufacture would do that. The USB should be treated the same. If they want to state that it needs to be some minimum current capacity that's fine, but to say you can't plug it into any except what they have certified or it will cause the battery to over heat or leak is ridiculous.
post #1460 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I've plugged my glasses into every usb device I can find around the house and all have worked fine. Even my cell phone charger and 4-5 different wall chargers. No problems yet.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #1461 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Ok, as I am now on my second 7000, I see what aLl the bitching is about with this pos joystick!!! My first one was silky smooth and worked great! This second one is a huge PITA! Sorry for previously making fun of you guys who said it was a pain to use, I feel your pain now! Planning on watching a movie tonight and hoping the flicker never rears it's ugly head with this one!
post #1462 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfZo View Post

Just like all the other silly warnings in the book,
It's all about CYA

The warning are freaking hilarious. I am surprised there is not one telling you to not drive a car while wearing the 3d glasses!
post #1463 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

How are black levels compared to other projectors like the top Epson? JVC RS40/X3 RS45 and RS10/15 etc?

How is the sharpness compared to others? Epson? JVC?

...oh, and I'll search for it, but...

Are there glasses that work with Panasonic Plasma TV's AND the AE7000?
post #1464 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Got the 7000 last week Its just awesome. Every thing is perfect except 2 issues which I would like to share & get suggestions what to do.
I.) While watching a bluray movie the video suddenly goes off & the screen turns black for about 2 seconds, it happens 2 or 3 times, randomly only whilst watching 3d blurays.( I have a 3 year old HDMI cable attached which could be the cause).
2) My Harmony One Remote does not function properly( I have set the 3d emitter set to weak.)
post #1465 of 4432 Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubhatia View Post

Got the 7000 last week Its just awesome. Every thing is perfect except 2 issues which I would like to share & get suggestions what to do.
I.) While watching a bluray movie the video suddenly goes off & the screen turns black for about 2 seconds, it happens 2 or 3 times, randomly only whilst watching 3d blurays.( I have a 3 year old HDMI cable attached which could be the cause).
2) My Harmony One Remote does not function properly( I have set the 3d emitter set to weak.)

your HDMI cable pre-dates the 1.4 specification which is what is recommended for Bluray 3D. You need to get yourself a new hdmi 1.4 cable.........just don't get talked into buying one for $100!!

Oh and the emitter is known to interfere with IR signals from remotes. I assume it functions properly when you are not using the emitter?
post #1466 of 4432 Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 AM

Thanks for the prompt response. Getting an 1.4 HDMI cable today & trying it hopefully should resolve the issue. I've watched quite a few 3d ( almost 10 not the whole movies but in parts) movies & the 3d effects are just mind boggling. My cousin who regularly watches movies in theaters came over for the weekend could not believe his eyes (3d effects) he said this is much better than the theaters. Of all the movies Resident Evil & Final destination were the best. People are taking about ghosting we never really saw any, only on the subtitles that to rarely. I am using the 2nd gen glasses (only 2 pairs) which I had bought much earlier 4 months back.
post #1467 of 4432 Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubhatia View Post

Thanks for the prompt response. Getting an 1.4 HDMI cable today & trying it hopefully should resolve the issue. I've watched quite a few 3d ( almost 10 not the whole movies but in parts) movies & the 3d effects are just mind boggling. My cousin who regularly watches movies in theaters came over for the weekend could not believe his eyes (3d effects) he said this is much better than the theaters. Of all the movies Resident Evil & Final destination were the best. People are taking about ghosting we never really saw any, only on the subtitles that to rarely. I am using the 2nd gen glasses (only 2 pairs) which I had bought much earlier 4 months back.

Great to hear. 2nd gen glasses are supposedly compatible too but the 3rd gen are recommended.
post #1468 of 4432 Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

Great to hear. 2nd gen glasses are supposedly compatible too but the 3rd gen are recommended.

I have the TY-EW3D10U from my Panasonic Plasma TV and they do work with the 7000 (I believe they are 1st Generation ?)
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702
post #1469 of 4432 Old 11-07-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:

Try Step Up 3D, Drive Angry, Final Destination 4...Great POP effects for you!
post #1470 of 4432 Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 AM

found out tonight that the ae7k I pre-ordered here in Oz comes with two pair of glasses (possibly the Avatar + 2x glasses starter pack?), it was a nice surprise!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Projectors , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page