BenQ w7000 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 499 Old 12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Sucks neither art nor projectorcentral reviews talk about input lag.
Some guy returned his Epson 5010 because of the bad lag. DLP's generally are good there. Panasonic LCD's have a fast frame mode so they are good. I like the new 7000 for that aspect. The BenQ seems to have put more effort into the 3D quality though, so it, or the mitsu 7800 may be the one.
Maybe I will just go dual projector passive. Hopefully my projector lives another week or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What would be the best aftermarket glasses for this projector?
post #363 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunado View Post

Art says that he will be getting one in tomorrow or Wednesday and he is going to start his review on Thursday hopefully!

On another note, I have a question for you guys. I know there aren't any definitive answers for this but im am very curious. My current projector has been my current projector for many years haha. Its the Mits Xd2000u if you guys even remember it. It has truly been great to me over the years and i dont really have any complaints. My question is, being that this projector came out like 7 years ago, what do you guys think the differences i would see when upgrading to the w7000 if i were to do so? The other projectors like the Panasonic 7000 and the epson 5010 looked like they would have worked amazingly with my set up however the whole lag situation is a huge problem. I got lucky that i started reading about it on here because i never even thought of that being a problem, my Mits has an amazing input lag time. Anyways just curious on what you guys think.

Your Mits sounds very similar to the NEC HT1100 I used to own.
(Since then, I've had a Mitsubishi HC3000, a Benq W5000, an Optoma HD87, a Sony VPL-HW10 and now the Benq W6000.)

Personally, I doubt I'll ever own a non-DLP, as that vibrancy can't quite be matched by LCD & LCOS. You too may well be better off sticking with DLP.

If I imagine what it'd be like to jump from an XGA-rez pj like the NEC HT1100 to the Benq W6000, the mind just boggles.
You will see a shocking difference on every level. The W7000 even more so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #364 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelscott73 View Post

What would be the best aftermarket glasses for this projector?

From the research I've done of DLP Link glasses the conclusion I came to is the Optoma ZD201 glasses seem to get the best reviews for comfort and picture quality. They aren't sold in the U.S. (is the successor model to the version that IS sold in the U.S. that people complain about) but can be found imported.

If anyone has a different opinion would love to hear it but that's the conclusion I came to after reading comments on DLP Link glasses.
post #365 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Optoma has discontinued their DLP Link glasses. Our distributor lists them as being discontinued with no more available for sale. If someone knows contrary, plesse let me know. BenQ offers DLP Link glasses for $99 MSRP. Please let me know of other alternatives.
post #366 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
From the research I have done the True Depth Rechargeable DLP Link glasses are highly rated and can be found for under $80 from reputable dealers. I am going to pickup several pairs for my Acer 9500 that is enroute.
post #367 of 499 Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

To the best of my knowledge, Optoma has discontinued their DLP Link glasses. Our distributor lists them as being discontinued with no more available for sale. If someone knows contrary, plesse let me know. BenQ offers DLP Link glasses for $99 MSRP. Please let me know of other alternatives.

And this is very disturbing to me because it seems manufacturers are moving towards a standard of some kind that may not be the best for the consumer though yeilds good sales. I have had 3D Heaven DLP link glasses for almost a year now and they are flawless in my setup. Now as far as the move away from DLP link, that is a question for another thread but it is the first tech that got it right, and probably why BenQ went that route. It is so beautifully simple, requires no adjustments, and just works. Yes there are those who will say the flash detracts from the image quality but after all this time I cannot say I see that. Now I have to qualify this with the fact I have not tried IR units or RF ones. I have no desire to. So the only issue would be if the PJ has a red or white flash and the tint on the glasses along with the affect of that on the color. I am not sure whether this makes a difference at all.
post #368 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I have the 3D Heaven dlp link and ir glasses for my acer 5360 and ir does indeed help the black level. If they use a red flash instead that probably helps (and of course the fact that someone does that is proof they know the white flash is a problem.)
I am hoping if I end up with the 7000 that the vesa port will support my current ir emitter. If there is to be a standard it cannot be dlp link of course, since LCOS and LCD projectors can't do that.
post #369 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Personally, I feel the manufactures originally just grabbed something that could be brought to market cheaply and quickly. The only thing that makes sense to me is RF. No worry about flashing lights or losing an IR beam or reflection when one moves their head. RF is cheap and avoids the transmission problems with the other two. If I end up with any projector that uses IR, I would instantly convert it over with a Optoma/Mpnster emitter and Monster/Optoma glasses.
post #370 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

I am hoping if I end up with the 7000 that the vesa port will support my current ir emitter. If there is to be a standard it cannot be dlp link of course, since LCOS and LCD projectors can't do that.

Well that may be a problem for you because I am looking at the owner's manual of the 7000 and I see no vesa port or other provision for RF or IR. Am I missing something?

And Mark I see your point too. If we have to have a standardized setup, I vote RF as well since as previously mentioned DLP Link will not work with the other techs. Too bad 3D standardization has been abysmal to date. There are TVs and projectors that were sold that should never have included 3D as an option. Heck they are still selling them today, TVs I mean that ought to disable 3D. Just looked at some today at BB. No wonder 3D is having such a hard time when nobody holds them to any standard.
post #371 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Well that may be a problem for you because I am looking at the owner's manual of the 7000 and I see no vesa port or other provision for RF or IR. Am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything, there is no mention of an IR emitter and there isn't a 3 pin VESA port. My best guess is this is DLP link only.

We'll find out soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #372 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM

Well something has to receive whatever the DLP Link is sending out (a light beam) and that can be converted into an electrical impulse to drive an RF emitter. This isn't rocket science. If they can build it some vedeo nerds can make it better.
post #373 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

The guys from France who wired up the custom MV3D emitter cable for the Sony's should be able to get it working with the RF transmitter.

i'm curious if Kraine is getting the W7000 for review. He's one of the only reviewers that posts the infamous, tell all L/R 3D patterns.

I'd like to see this standard in any review that discusses 3D. It makes it easier to judge how difficult 3D scenes will perform on a particular projector vs. a reviewer saying 'I didn't see any ghosting'. This is one time where a screenshot (through the glasses) is fine to discuss a particular topic like crosstalk.

post #374 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

i'm curious if Kraine is getting the W7000 for review. He's one of the only reviewers that posts the infamous, tell all L/R 3D patterns.

I'd like to see this standard in any review that discusses 3D. It makes it easier to judge how difficult 3D scenes will perform on a particular projector vs. a reviewer saying 'I didn't see any ghosting'. This is one time where a screenshot (through the glasses) is fine to discuss a particular topic like crosstalk.

I could not agree more. His review is the only one using the tri-def screen and actual pictures. Cut and dry right there.
post #375 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

The W7000 doesn't do frame interpolation does it?

Birgir "keyser"
post #376 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

The W7000 doesn't do frame interpolation does it?

Manual says it does.
post #377 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
But unknown if does Frame Interpolation (and/or Dynamic Iris) in 3D, manual doesn't say yes or no just leaves it ambiguous...
post #378 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Manual says it does.

After demoing the W1200 I'd be worried about input lag with FI. Hope it doesn't have those problems.
post #379 of 499 Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 PM

The probem with the Monster emitter is that it must be connected to an electrical sync coming out of the projector or ith another cable with an IR beam receiver on its end must receive the IR beam flashes and convert thenm into electrical impulses. How does a DLP Link sync get transmitted from the projector? I assume its some sort of flashing light beam that is not IR. This means the Monster IR receiver cable cannot be used and there is no plug on the projector which puts out an electrical sync pulse. The guy from France would have to design a cable with a light receiver to receive the DLP Link flashes from the projector and convert them into pulses and get them into the Monster emitter.

The cable he designed for a Sony projector using IR but sending that IR to an external IR emitter is rather simple, a bunch of grounds, a voltage converter to take the 12 volts out of the Sony and convert it into the 5V needed to power the Monster emitter, and one wire from the projector carrying the sync and using the same ground as the emitter power from the projector. The cable can be simplified by using an external 5V supply and then you have only grounds going to the IR plug on the projector, one wire carrying the sync from the projector and going to the emitter, and the 5V positive going to the emitter. The projector here under discussion does not have a DLP Link output plug and one would have to hardwire inside the projector. No one is going to do that. Some genius is going to have to design a DLP Link cable with the right senor on its end to go into the emitter and external 5V power supply will be needed with the sensor ground being in parallel with power supply ground.
post #380 of 499 Old 12-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Can anyone confirm W7000 is using DC2 or DC3 chip?
post #381 of 499 Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Checked the photos, indeed no sync port. The Mitsubishi HC7800D does have one. No idea if it is vesa compatible yet.

Also I wouldn't worry about RF vs IR. IR bounces off walls. I went to the bathroom behind my theater room and never lost sync. I did leave the door open of course, but the emitter was behind a couch from my position. My theater room is only 16 feet deep, but it is entirely painted flat black.
post #382 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM

With a 133" screen, minimum throw, bat cave, and reason I'm going to this from an RS-2 is 3D, would I be better suited with white are grey Jamestown screen?
post #383 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I use a HTPC for watching movies, including 3d movies. I assume I can continue this with the W7000 and use the nvidia ir glasses just as I do with the Acer. I prefer those to dlp link. Less eye fatique for me.
post #384 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics View Post

I use a HTPC for watching movies, including 3d movies. I assume I can continue this with the W7000 and use the nvidia ir glasses just as I do with the Acer. I prefer those to dlp link. Less eye fatique for me.

I'm in the same situation. I'm not assuming that the Nvidia glasses will work, in fact I suspect they won't. Does the projector not have to be Nvidia compatible like the Acer and Optoma projectors? The new Acer H9500BD will work, but I'm not sure it will in 3D 1080p 24hz mode as opposed to 720p 120hz mode.
post #385 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics View Post

I have the same setup (HTPC / Acer w/ Nvidia 3D vision), but I don't know if this will work out of the box. We would likely have to spoof the EDID info in order to get the Nvidia drivers to see the BQ W7000 as a 3D projector.

it's definitely worth a shot since I already have the Nvidia glasses.

post #386 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I have the same setup (HTPC / Acer w/ Nvidia 3D vision), but I don't know if this will work out of the box. We would likely have to spoof the EDID info in order to get the Nvidia drivers to see the BQ W7000 as a 3D projector.

it's definitely worth a shot since I already have the Nvidia glasses.

That would be great if we can get this projector to work with the Nvidia 3D vision as I have 5 pairs of glasses!
post #387 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

The sonys and jvc,s are on the 3dtvplay list
Procision Series DLA-X3
Procision Series DLA-X7
Procision Series DLA-X9
Reference Series DLA-RS40
Reference Series DLA-RS45
Reference Series DLA-RS50
Reference Series DLA-RS55
Reference Series DLA-RS60
Reference Series DLA-RS65
X30
X70
X90
H5360BD
H9500BD
EH-TW6000
Home Cinema 3010
GT750
HD33
HD83
PT-AE7000U
XV-Z17000

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-pl...uirements.html

you can send in edid info to get it added if i remember.

(fifth element)
post #388 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

3dtvplay uses the oem glasses tho-hmm

(fifth element)
post #389 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 04:18 PM
emf

Liked: 11
The peculiar thing about BenQ is that they don't mention DarkChip2 or DarkChip3.
One possiblility is that they might make changes from initial model release and not mention changes. BenQ w6000 came out 24 months ago with DarkChip2 initially with contrast of 1000:1. They might have quietly changed it to DarkChip3. Black contrast seems better - more like 2000:1. Can't say for sure - DI might be responsible for darker black bars.
post #390 of 499 Old 12-16-2011, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Sucks neither art nor projectorcentral reviews talk about input lag.
Some guy returned his Epson 5010 because of the bad lag. DLP's generally are good there. Panasonic LCD's have a fast frame mode so they are good. I like the new 7000 for that aspect. The BenQ seems to have put more effort into the 3D quality though, so it, or the mitsu 7800 may be the one.
Maybe I will just go dual projector passive. Hopefully my projector lives another week or so.

While Art typically doesn't talk about input lag in his reviews, the two gamer blogs on Projector Reviews have discussed this topic. Pete measured around 100ms of input lag for the Epson 3010 and recently had access to the same 5010 that Art reviewed so may be posting info on that model in an upcoming blog.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread - W7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page