Epson 6010 - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 391 Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my 6010 in and installed. I must say I'm VERY impressed! I was expecting it to look good in the dark, but it is acceptable in my living room with the lights off. My living room is 24x24 with four 36x60" windows. They have blinds and curtains, but even with all closed and lights off during the day the room has plenty of light; enough to read comfortably. I had a 73" Mitsubishi dlp tv. It was great, but even 73" isn't that big when seated 15 feet away. I have it shooting into a 5x9' homemade black out cloth screen. I may invest in a name brand screen later on. For now though my homemade one is fine. 3d is great!

My only complaint is the glasses. Granted I've only wore a few different brands of 3d glasses, but come on. They can't be designed to fit a human head. I haven't had any trouble streaming 3d movies from my computer, through my Onkyo receiver, to the Epson. It took some figuring out in Stereoscopic player on Winders and Bino on Linux to find out what it liked. Fifteen minutes of playing around had us going though.

I want to give a big thanks to programmergeek for helping me get hooked up with my new 6010. My closest Epson dealer is an hour and a half away in no traffic. I won't name them, but couldn't get them to even return a phone call to take my $$$ and get me one. If they were that lack about making the sale then no telling about service. Programmergeek was quick to respond and super nice on the phone. Thanks Jason!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page