post #3691 of 3698 Old 11-26-2014, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
Thanks for the response DavidHir. I'll reset the unit, and make the minor adjustments I did before. I've never had the pj calibrated, but was pleased with the picture before the repair.
No problem. Also keep in mind even though the projector was not calibrated, there is natural "drift" as the block and panels age over time which gradually changes the image unless adjustment/calibration is done. Think of it as periodic tune-ups.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 3698 Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
No problem. Also keep in mind even though the projector was not calibrated, there is natural "drift" as the block and panels age over time which gradually changes the image unless adjustment/calibration is done. Think of it as periodic tune-ups.
I reset to factory in the service menu. Its nice to see there are some still interested in this thread. Therefore, I'll ask if you, are someone else, can tell me what the effect would be resetting the following in the service menu:

In Adjust: Lens position reset
In Options: Lens center

Thanks
post #3693 of 3698 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr View Post
By the way, I also experienced the issue of the entire background turning purple, not just streaks, but that could just be the way we are trying to describe the problem. The projector was in the THX mode when the OPPO DVD player came out of screen saver mode and the picture turned purple. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the change in signal format and HDMI handshake. Since there are three components in the video chain; the DVD player, receiver/switcher and projector it is tough to say definitively which component is the culprit. In my case I cycled the power on the DVD player and the picture returned to normal.

I'm not sure I would characterize my screen as turning purple but occasionally when turning the system on and while in THX mode, the image color is way off; almost as if the the B of the RGB is missing. If I select another profile like Cinema and then switch back to THX, all is fine.

Recently I added a Lumagen Mini and calibrated from Cinema/Standard and am curious if I will continue to have issues.

I am not happy with the calibration, the colors could use a little more pop. I used ChromaPure auto cal and will start the process again from the beginning.
post #3694 of 3698 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
I reset to factory in the service menu. Its nice to see there are some still interested in this thread. Therefore, I'll ask if you, are someone else, can tell me what the effect would be resetting the following in the service menu:

In Adjust: Lens position reset
In Options: Lens center

Thanks
Resetting those would merely put them at the default position (I assume judged by the software programming) and would you just have to re-position/re-center the lens so the image would be centered properly on your screen. You might also have to re-zoom and re-focus the image to some degree.

post #3695 of 3698 Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
Resetting those would merely put them at the default position (I assume judged by the software programming) and would you just have to re-position/re-center the lens so the image would be centered properly on your screen. You might also have to re-zoom and re-focus the image to some degree.
Thnx
post #3696 of 3698 Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried Darbee processing with eshift? Is the artifacting more apparent than without eshift?
post #3697 of 3698 Old Today, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have officially entered the world of projectors. Thanks to Zombie10k, my first pj is the RS55.
I connected my Dune up to it and fired up a bluray. Holy crap this thing looks amazing!!!!
post #3698 of 3698 Old Today, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post
I have officially entered the world of projectors. Thanks to Zombie10k, my first pj is the RS55.
I connected my Dune up to it and fired up a bluray. Holy crap this thing looks amazing!!!!
Truly, Zombie10K has been of assistance to many of us. Welcome, and I hope you ave nothing but enjoyable hours with your RS55
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X70 Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page