post #721 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

My guess is that would apply to the other JVCs from last year as well. It would be interesting to see if any other owners have this build up of whatever it is.

I had this on the RS50, I thought that cleaning was expected every so often, I recall someone mentioning it had to be done on earlier JVC models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
This goes back to the RS10/20 and maybe even the RS1/2. I once measured a 20% increase after cleaning mine (it had been cleaned 100 hours previously as well). I make a point of checking it every 100 hours and the filter even more frequently as it can't hurt it, but leaving the filter to get blocked could. Funny thing is the second lamp I'm using doesn't seem to make the 'prism' dirty, so I've cleaned it twice and no increase in brightness as there was nothing to clean...maybe it's just when the projector is new?

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...
post #723 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The initial sign-up deadline for the 2011-2012 JVC lamp measurement project has passed and we now have 40 people participating in the project! But I was hoping to get at least 50 participants, and more would be better, so I am going to extend the sign-up deadline.

Extended sign-up deadline: Friday, 16th December

If you have a new 2011-2012 JVC projector, or expect to have one by the end of January 2012, please sign up now! To sign up, you can PM me or post in the project thread:

AVS:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21276994

AVF:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/proje...t-project.html

Participating in the project should only take a few minutes of your time each month.

If you don't have a light meter, you can order a cheap one online. See post #7 for recommendations.
post #724 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I spent last night watching two BD movies, Syriana and the Patriot. Throughout the films I was really impressed with how great the contrast and colors looked with Standard and a 2.2 gamma. Of course I had to play with MPC and at my viewing distance, I prefer 2-3 setting. This picture thus far looks better than the RS-50, it's the closest to film I have experienced and the motion appears to be similar to the RS-50 with CMD off. I am happy with performance at 35hrs.

I will spend some time calibrating other modes as well this weekend. Honestly I was not expecting this to be much better than the RS-50, I believe what is contributing to this is the eShift, linear gamma, and increased Lumens at D65, I also feel the CMS controls are slightly improved even though saturation does not track well out of the box. I feel comfortable lowering the aperture further from -8 to -12 at this point. I strongly believe calibration method is important, Manni has shared some good advice on using the SM for CCT. I would expect there to be variances between these units so calibrators should measure all profiles to find the best starting point. After doing a/b comparisons of standard and superwhite HDMI settings, I firmly believe that using the standard video level setting for HDMI is the way to go for overall PQ on this JVC, regardless of the clipping.
post #725 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post

I spent last night watching two BD movies, Syriana and the Patriot. Throughout the films I was really impressed with how great the contrast and colors looked with Standard and a 2.2 gamma. Of course I had to play with MPC and at my viewing distance, I prefer 2-3 setting. This picture thus far looks better than the RS-50, it's the closest to film I have experienced and the motion appears to be similar to the RS-50 with CMD off. I am happy with performance at 35hrs.

I will spend some time calibrating other modes as well this weekend. Honestly I was not expecting this to be much better than the RS-50, I believe what is contributing to this is the eShift, linear gamma, and increased Lumens at D65, I also feel the CMS controls are slightly improved even though saturation does not track well out of the box. I feel comfortable lowering the aperture further from -8 to -12 at this point. I strongly believe calibration method is important, Manni has shared some good advice on using the SM for CCT. I would expect there to be variances between these units so calibrators should measure all profiles to find the best starting point. After doing a/b comparisons of standard and superwhite HDMI settings, I firmly believe that using the standard video level setting for HDMI is the way to go for overall PQ on this JVC, regardless of the clipping.

Greetings,

Great bullet points. I agree..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #726 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

I wonder if the e shift can be turned off if set to 0. To be honest, I can't really see much of a difference from setting the MPC to 0 to 3. I walk up to the screen and not much I can tell. Plus, when I go to info, it states the source is 1080p. I guess I would feel more confident if it says 2160p.

But the source is never 2160, since the projector can't accept that.

Steve Goff
post #727 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

I wonder if the e shift can be turned off if set to 0. To be honest, I can't really see much of a difference from setting the MPC to 0 to 3. I walk up to the screen and not much I can tell. Plus, when I go to info, it states the source is 1080p. I guess I would feel more confident if it says 2160p.

0 is not off. 0 appears to be interpolation to 4k without any extra edge enhancement, contrast enhancement etc. As you then go through 1,2,3 the increase in edge enhancement is fairly obvious.

To switch MPC off, you go into the service menu, and switch it off there. If you are up at the screen, suddenly you will see the pixel structure that you couldn't before.
post #728 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

But the source is never 2160, since the projector can't accept that.

Should not have said source but the resolution
post #729 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
What is the visual difference between the MPC settings 0 to 3 (which appear to be some form of edge enhancement) and the sharpness setting? In the descriptions & screenshots in this thread changing the MPC setting seems to do the same thing as adjusting the sharpness setting. Or is something else going on with the interpolation when the MPC setting is changing.
post #730 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got done watching a lot of sbs material and very little ghosting on most titles. Blu rays looked good as usual. Watched it in THX mode, so the 3D looks better than on the RS40. Good thing I don't see a lot of ghosting like most see have reported. It does sbs a lot better than the RS40. Been watching 3D on my acer and forgot how good 1080p looks. Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but on the 3D preset, the MPC is set to 0. Then, on the THX mode the MPC is 1 and 2 on the natural preset. Don't know if its actually on, but its set to it. Must say 3D on the THX preset looks a lot better than the other presets. 2D-3D shows good depth and actually looks like 3D but too much ghosting. Can't watch it.
post #731 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandob View Post

What is the visual difference between the MPC settings 0 to 3 (which appear to be some form of edge enhancement) and the sharpness setting? In the descriptions & screenshots in this thread changing the MPC setting seems to do the same thing as adjusting the sharpness setting. Or is something else going on with the interpolation when the MPC setting is changing.

I varied sharpness from 0 to 30 something and never noticed one iota of difference in the star chart unless I was a foot away from the screen, and then it was maybe me wanting to see something....

Geof
post #732 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Well I just joined the club!

My RS55 is now sitting in a box in my home theater room.

Work is insane so I doubt I'll get to fire it up tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. I have my RS20 to compare. Fingers crossed...(because my RS20 is a REALLY sharp unit, in terms of pixel resolution, so it might be a good fight).
post #733 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Well I just joined the club!

My RS55 is now sitting in a box in my home theater room.

Work is insane so I doubt I'll get to fire it up tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. I have my RS20 to compare. Fingers crossed...(because my RS20 is a REALLY sharp unit, in terms of pixel resolution, so it might be a good fight).

Very much look forward to your impressions (and measurements!).
post #734 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

I varied sharpness from 0 to 30 something and never noticed one iota of difference in the star chart unless I was a foot away from the screen, and then it was maybe me wanting to see something....

Interesting, the sharpness control on my RS20 definitely makes a difference. Maybe the MPC control is the new sharpness control??

Rich, I'm definitely interested to hear your impressions compared to the RS20, as I'm on the AVS preorder list but can't ship till after Xmas, and need to make a decision on the RS55 in the next week.

For those like me with an RS20 looking to upgrade but wondering if there is any significant difference (except of course for 3D support), I did a bit of research a couple of months ago to try to nail the differences based on preliminary RS65 report from Cine4Home, and I have updated based on a summary of recent posts, as follows. Keep in mind I use a large screen so am looking at the comparison with regards to a user with a large screen.

Lumens. RS20 measured lumens calibrated but on brightest settings (high lamp, max zoom, no iris) is 840 lumens. Similar test on the RS65 gave a result of 930 lumens, so about a 10 - 15% increase in lumens is good (I use a 150" diagonal Stewart 1.3 gain screen) but not a significant gain. Its probably safe to assume the bulb problems of the RS50 have been addressed in the RS55.

Contrast, as cine4home measured the RS65 which has 120,000 contrast ratio, and at full lumens it measured 36,000, while the RS20 at a similar setting measured 25,000. Scaling the RS65 measurement back to compensate for the lower contrast ratio of the RS55, gives about 24,000 so it looks like the RS55 won't be much better than the RS20 in the contrast department even though it is advertised as 80,000 vs the RS20 50,000. Mid iris the RS65 reads 50,000 so assume 33,000 for the RS55, and the RS20 was 27500 so it looks like the RS55 will do better when using the iris at the expense of lumens but not by a significant amount. As I run a big screen I won't be able to use a lot of the iris so I will assume the RS55 will have a small increase in contrast ratio, and it may not even make a visible difference, although ANSI is improved over the RS20 due to the dual apeture for all iris settings except almost or fully open.

Features. The 4K 'lite' feature looks interesting, especially for large screen users or those that sit close to the screen (I sit about 1.2 screen width away). However for my setup I can't see any pixel structure today but it does seem like the 4K lite does improve details but also doubles as a sharpening control (not sure if this is a benefit though). The 1/16 pixel adjustment also looks like a useful feature and can improve sharpness but some report that the extra processing needed to do the sub-pixel adjustment detracts from the overall picture quality. Lens memory is useful if you have a constant heigh setup but doesn't help me as I don't like anamorphic lens (I sold my prismasonic lens as it made the image look flat) and prefer to use a constant width setup with horizontal (movable) masking for 2.35:1 that works pretty well.

Motion. So far the comparison seems to be a wash. However if there one weakness to call out with the RS20 it is motion handling, and on some disks (like Band of Brothers) it is downright annoying. Any significant improvement in motion handling for the RS55 over the RS20 would be a deal clincher for most coming from a RS20, and it does seem that the RS55 is better in this area, possibly due to a side effect of the 4K upsampling. Interestingly in my setup using 60Hz makes the RS20 motion issues less annoying even though 60Hz for 24p blu-ray is not ideal.

3D. The 3D features look to be improved for the RS55 (especially contrast) and obviously its not something that the RS20 can do. I'm interested to see how 3D will work in my theater but its not my main purchasing reason. With such a large screen it seems the lumens even after the 3D tweaks for the RS55 are going to be marginal, but maybe I could zoom the screen smaller for 3D (although that reduces the immersive effect that a large 3D screen would give). There are still problems with ghosting for some titles and there is no frame interpolation support to make motion smooth which apparently is a problem for 3D viewing. Is 3D still going to be around in 3 years time?

CMS. The RS20 CMS is a pain to work with and needs a lot of time to get it right. It sounds like from Manni01 that the CMS in the RS55 is no better, with there being problems with the linearity of the presets that make it difficult to calibrate accurately across all saturation levels, although the newer CMS itself sounds like its easier to use than the RS20 one. It's still recommended to get the last 10% calibration out of this projector to use an external processor like the Radiance, which is frustrating as you are paying your $$ for a projector with a CMS but it doesn't function fully. Maybe a future firmware update can fix the linearity preset problem??

Feel free to correct my summary above if I have misinterpreted the findings from others.

Other questions:
1) With the RS20, if you used the lens shift the contrast ratio actually improved (due to less internal light scatter getting out of the lens). Will this beneficial side effect still be evident in the RS55?
2) The 1/16 pixel convergence option, if used, does it add any distortion to the picture? The pixel convergence features in older projectors did.

The real test is doing a side by side comparison, does the RS55 have sufficient incremental improvements in lumens, contrast, motion etc. to add up to an appreciable and recognizable 2D viewing difference compared to the RS20? From recent reports it looks like the answer is yes. The 3D although better, is not perfect and other projectors do a better job.

I'm still keen to hear ex. RS20 folks comment about the comparisons over the next few days so I can make up my mind to purchase or not. Thanks!
post #735 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

+1! Congrats Rich! Welcome to the Wolfpack (can you tell I just watched The Hangover?)

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

post #736 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

I should let you know in advance, then, that I'm likely to disappoint you.
I won't be doing any measurements. I have no equipment to measure light output or calibrate. So it's going to be far from a perfect comparison.

I spent so many years obsessing about every detail on the plasma forums, and then about 3 years mired in technical details for my home theater build, that I just blew a circuit with the tech stuff. Burnt out. I just want to watch movies which is what I've been doing for the last 1 1/2 years my theater has been in operation. (Although I've been playing with further room treatments).

Last time I was able to get umr to calibrate my RS20 shortly after buying. He won't be available for a couple months so maybe I'll have to try some myself, which will mean relearning some of the things that were purged from my brain.

I'll still post my impressions, whether I'm happy with the RS55 and what it looks like to me, FWIW.
post #737 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

I should let you know in advance, then, that I'm likely to disappoint you.
I won't be doing any measurements. I have no equipment to measure light output or calibrate. So it's going to be far from a perfect comparison.

I spent so many years obsessing about every detail on the plasma forums, and then about 3 years mired in technical details for my home theater build, that I just blew a circuit with the tech stuff. Burnt out. I just want to watch movies which is what I've been doing for the last 1 1/2 years my theater has been in operation. (Although I've been playing with further room treatments).

Last time I was able to get umr to calibrate my RS20 shortly after buying. He won't be available for a couple months so maybe I'll have to try some myself, which will mean relearning some of the things that were purged from my brain.

I'll still post my impressions, whether I'm happy with the RS55 and what it looks like to me, FWIW.

I look forward to hearing what you think, Rich. Once I started seeing the benefits of MPC, the thought of upgrading to the RS55 crossed my mind. Of course, after firing up the RS45, I'm freaking out about ghosting and will just stick with the RS40. Apparently, getting a unit that's good with ghosting is the luck of the draw. However, it seems from early reports that most people are not experiencing much of a problem. Hopefully, you'll get a good one.

Joe Clark

post #738 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandob View Post

Contrast, as cine4home measured the RS65 which has 120,000 contrast ratio, and at full lumens it measured 36,000, while the RS20 at a similar setting measured 25,000. Scaling the RS65 measurement back to compensate for the lower contrast ratio of the RS55, gives about 24,000 so it looks like the RS55 won't be much better than the RS20 in the contrast department even though it is advertised as 80,000 vs the RS20 50,000. Mid iris the RS65 reads 50,000 so assume 33,000 for the RS55, and the RS20 was 27500 so it looks like the RS55 will do better when using the iris at the expense of lumens but not by a significant amount. As I run a big screen I won't be able to use a lot of the iris so I will assume the RS55 will have a small increase in contrast ratio, and it may not even make a visible difference, although ANSI is improved over the RS20 due to the dual apeture for all iris settings except almost or fully open.

The RS50/55/60/65 use a dual aperture mechanism which is where the significant gain in contrast is made. -10 aperture on an RS20 will give x% improvement in contrast, but the same aperture on the newer models will give a much larger percentage contrast improvement. As the newest range are brighter at D65, the ability to close the aperture further is possible and therefore achieve closer to the maximum contrast ratio.
post #739 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

I look forward to hearing what you think, Rich. Once I started seeing the benefits of MPC, the thought of upgrading to the RS55 crossed my mind. Of course, after firing up the RS45, I'm freaking out about ghosting and will just stick with the RS40. Apparently, getting a unit that's good with ghosting is the luck of the draw. However, it seems from early reports that most people are not experiencing much of a problem. Hopefully, you'll get a good one.

I was nervous about the 3D because it seems like most don't get a good unit (at least the avs members). Last year my RS40 was great with 3D blu rays but sbs material gave it a problem. I was hoping for at least the same with my RS55, I didn't think I could get a better unit for 3D than my RS40. But when I fired up a 3D blu ray and some sbs material it was even better. Because the THX mode gives out over 1000 lumen, the 3D takes on a more natural look than any other preset out of the box. I doubt ill upgrade next year just out of fear that I might get a lemon
post #740 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm either going bonkers or I found a bug...
Shortly after the projector powered up (w/MPC On) I noticed that adjusting Sharpness had no effect on the Star Chart. I'm pretty sure I saw this twice...
Then I turned MPC OFF and adjusting sharpness definitely had an effect on the star chart.
Then I turned MPC back On again and found adjusting sharpness had an effect of the Star Chart.

I'll check this again but perhaps someone else could try it too.

Geof
post #741 of 3675 Old 12-10-2011, 10:27 PM

What are the best 3D glasses for use with the RS 55? Is it better to stick with JVC or a third party such as Xpand. These glasses will need to fit over my glasses. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Cheers!

Chuck
post #742 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

Shortly after the projector powered up (w/MPC On) I noticed that adjusting Sharpness had no effect on the Star Chart. I'm pretty sure I saw this twice...
Then I turned MPC OFF and adjusting sharpness definitely had an effect on the star chart.
Then I turned MPC back On again and found adjusting sharpness had an effect of the Star Chart.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I understand from Jonstatt that switching mpc off in the service menu doesn't survive a power cycle. Did you take this into account? Or am I mixing this up with another feature?
post #743 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but I understand from Jonstatt that switching mpc off in the service menu doesn't survive a power cycle. Did you take this into account? Or am I mixing this up with another feature?

You remembered correctly Manni, but I am not sure this was what Geoff did. I will try and check this the next time I power-up.
post #744 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

You remembered correctly Manni, but I am not sure this was what Geoff did. I will try and check this the next time I power-up.

Correct....either I'm crazy or the sharpness control has no effect until MPC is cycled off then back on.

I'm not going to take bets either way....

Geof
post #745 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

Correct....either I'm crazy or the sharpness control has no effect until MPC is cycled off then back on.

I'm not going to take bets either way....

So are you saying that for the sharpness control to have any effect, you first need to switch MPC off in the service menu and then back on?

It would make sense if sharpness actually interferes with the MPC algorythm, as MPC does seem to have some sharpening effect at any level other than 0 if I understand correctly.

The fact that the controls are effective doesn't mean you get an improved sharpness. You might simply get more halo/noise if the sharpness controls interacts negatively with the MPC settings.

As far as I'm concerned, and at least for bluray / HD, any sharpness setting above zero (on the rs50) makes the picture look worse, so I keep it to zero anyway.

In 2D, it might LOOK sharper, but it is at the expense of detail, and it adds noise even with a minimal setting.

In 3D though, it helps a lot to crank it up. Did you check if sharpness works in 3D even after a cold boot? My guess is it would, as it is needed in 3D and MPC is switched off by default.

If it was the case, and if we agree than sharpness might not interract well with MPC, it would make sense:

After a cold boot,
In 2D, MPC switched ON by default and sharpness switched OFF
in 3D, and MPC switched OFF by default and sharpness switched ON

I might have misunderstood the issue, so please ignore if it's the case.
post #746 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

So are you saying that for the sharpness control to have any effect, you first need to switch MPC off in the service menu and then back on?

It would make sense if sharpness actually interferes with the MPC algorythm, as MPC does seem to have some sharpening effect at any level other than 0 if I understand correctly.

The fact that the controls are effective doesn't mean you get an improved sharpness. You might simply get more halo/noise if the sharpness controls interacts negatively with the MPC settings.

As far as I'm concerned, and at least for bluray / HD, any sharpness setting above zero (on the rs50) makes the picture look worse, so I keep it to zero anyway.

In 2D, it might LOOK sharper, but it is at the expense of detail, and it adds noise even with a minimal setting.

In 3D though, it helps a lot to crank it up. Did you check if sharpness works in 3D even after a cold boot? My guess is it would, as it is needed in 3D and MPC is switched off by default.

If it was the case, and if we agree than sharpness might not interract well with MPC, it would make sense:

After a cold boot,
In 2D, MPC switched ON by default and sharpness switched OFF
in 3D, and MPC switched OFF by default and sharpness switched ON

I might have misunderstood the issue, so please ignore if it's the case.

I haven't tried anything in 3D....I don't have an emitter, glasses, or any 3D discs...

What I noticed (I think) is that the sharpness control seemingly has no effect - at all - on the Star Chart until MPC is turned off. Then it makes a difference in the appearance of that chart. If MPC is turned back on, sharpness still has an effect on the star chart. I wasn't making any commentary on how effective it is or what setting should be used. It's just curious if what I think I saw is, indeed what I saw....

It might well be that the projector startup default turns sharpness OFF and MPC ON. Cycling MPC off turns sharpness on but then it stays on when MPC is turned back on. There are 3 possibilities I can think of:
  • I'm nuts...sharpness works all the time, I just missed it working.
  • Sharpness is supposed to be turned OFF when MPC is ON in which case the SW has a bug that allows sharpness to remain on even when MPC is turned back on.
  • Sharpness is supposed to be on even with MPC on in which case the SW has a bug which defaults sharpness to off until MPC is cycled Off then on.
I will try this out again when I power the projector back up.

Geof
post #747 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I do see the same thing Geoff.

Hey... do we need to do the "ceiling mode==>desk mode==>ceiling... each time after power up [until fixed]? And what are you and Jon seeing again (if not done)?

Watched Cowboys vs. Aliens last night in OOTB THX and the HBO boxing replay in Natural; damn is this thing a major upgrade in PQ for me. I took my first readings at the 3 hour point so I'll post later. That being said I've noticed some slight inaccuracies in color, less image depth and on/off not as being quite as good. Once I get this bad boy calibrated I expect it to be simply awesome!

Kevin

post #748 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmartinez View Post

What are the best 3D glasses for use with the RS 55? Is it better to stick with JVC or a third party such as Xpand. These glasses will need to fit over my glasses. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

We went through this on the old RS50 thread and determined the JVC's (made by Xpand if you didn't know), and the X103's to be virtually identical. The new USB models are now based off of the X104 redesign so I have no reason to think other than some color corrections exclusive to the JVC, to be any different.

Kevin

post #749 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

We went through this on the old RS50 thread and determined the JVC's (made by Xpand if you didn't know), and the X103's to be virtually identical. The new USB models are now based off of the X104 redesign so I have no reason to think other than some color corrections exclusive to the JVC, to be any different.

I thought the new JVCs ones a very different to the X104s.....I may be wrong
post #750 of 3675 Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Hey... do we need to do the "ceiling mode==>desk mode==>ceiling... each time after power up [until fixed]? And what are you and Jon seeing again (if not done)?

Yes you do need to do it everytime unfortunately. If you don't its not the end of the world. The uniformity will not be as good as it should be unless you do this. If you display at 50% grey IRE screen, you will notice more variance than there should be until you take those steps.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X70 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page