Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Come on AVS sales team, give us a hint. When do you expect to fulfill all per-orders? Getting excited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thinks are looking real good and product is flowing real good in the pipeline for dealers. As we get shipping notification that yours in on the way to us, we will contact you. We hope all who have ordered including those at the bottom of our list because of late preodering dates will have theirs delivered from us to them by Xmass and many before. Ho Ho Ho
post #273 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the update, Mark. A little disappointing, somebody earlier implied that all pre-orders were close to being fulfilled. I think I am at the end of the pre-order list, so I guess I am weeks away. Oh, well, better than the March delivery that I feared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

Thinks are looking real good and product is flowing real good in the pipeline for dealers. As we get shipping notification that yours in on the way to us, we will contact you. We hope all who have ordered including those at the bottom of our list because of late preodering dates will have theirs delivered from us to them by Xmass and many before. Ho Ho Ho

post #274 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

I'm confused, the x30 had better convergence, but the older x3 was still sharper with worse convergence?

what we can surmise from this is that there is the distinct possibility that JVC decided to lower the grade of their optics. Let's face it they cut the price of the projector by ~$1,000. To maintain margins, they had to cut direct costs. Something has been downgraded in this projector or their raw material costs were reduced dramatically. I finance manufacturing companies for a living and I can tell you raw material costs in an advanced manufacturing environment have done nothing but increase significantly over the last two years.
post #275 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post

I just got an email from Mike to finalize the order. I'm trying to decide if I should go through with it or wait for another year to upgrade my RS2 clone. I want good 3D but just can't live without the JVC's contrast. The potential bulb issue and ghosting have me feeling very unsure about the 45. My RS2 clone has been very reliable and still has pretty darn good picture quality. I'm so confused.

Tom

if you are that concerned about the RS45 and are very happy with your current PJ, then just get a cheap DLP for 3D only to hold you over until either 1) it is confirmed by lots of people that the new JVCs have some improvement or 2) next year.

Now maybe that's heresy in these here forums, hence why AVS has my CC info and I'm just waiting on my RS45 shipping info
post #276 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post

what we can surmise from this is that there is the distinct possibility that JVC decided to lower the grade of their optics.

From what I've heard the RS-45 has the same lens as the 55 and 65.

So this is too speculative. Manufacturer costs vary at different times, but JVC and Sony have usually had what has always appeared to be a little extra margin over some manufacturers, perhaps they lost margin because they were forced to due to the added competition in 3D this year, we don't know. I'd bet on this reason before optics.

I'm not ready to base anything from one comparison, I'll see how good the sharpness is when I get it and I've seen a lot of different projectors so possibly I can place the one I get, but I'll note the convergence error when I do it and try to make some more specific judgment call.

I'm hoping it will hit at least the Sanyo z4000 level in sharpness, if that is the case, I would be happy with that. I don't expect it to be as sharp as the Mits hc4000, but I expect it to likely be a tad sharper than say an average Epson 8700ub, even though many people have cited the Epson as sharper (but only when lucky with convergence, so not a fair comparison). Plus the LCD pixel grid tends to give a fake sense of sharpness.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #277 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenous View Post

Just a short impression.

Got my X30 today. Set it up and played a bit with the settings. No time for calibration yet.

But Picture in Natural Mode is stunning and very close to a good calibration (Had it side by side to my calibrated X3) Skin tones very natural and deep inky blacks.

Lamp is visible brighter in ECO mode and contrast has improved. My X3 was a tad sharper. Convergence is better on the X30 and near perfect. I would say the best i have ever seen on a 3-chip in the priceclass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstiles View Post

Could you please comment on the CMD. I have an RS15 and CMD is useless on that model, IMO. I really need/want improved motion over the RS15 because fine detail diapears when and object moves and then is sharp again once is realtivily still. Please let us know if the RS45 is an improvement over the RS15 or even the RS40 (which I have never seen).

Thanks,

Ravenous,

If at all possible please comment on the CMD/FI. I recently purchased a larger HP screen and the motion blur on pans is even more noticeable on my RS2 clone new and I would like my new projector to handle motion fairly well. It may not have to have Sony type FI but if it's decent that would be excellent. For me, even if it does have that SOAP/Video look I can live with it over motion blur.

Thanks!
post #278 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

From what I've heard the RS-45 has the same lens as the 55 and 65.

So this is too speculative. Manufacturer costs vary at different times, but JVC and Sony have usually had what has always appeared to be a little extra margin over some manufacturers, perhaps they lost margin because they were forced to due to the added competition in 3D this year, we don't know. I'd bet on this reason before optics.

I'm not ready to base anything from one comparison, I'll see how good the sharpness is when I get it and I've seen a lot of different projectors so possibly I can place the one I get, but I'll note the convergence error when I do it and try to make some more specific judgment call.

I'm hoping it will hit at least the Sanyo z4000 level in sharpness, if that is the case, I would be happy with that. I don't expect it to be as sharp as the Mits hc4000, but I expect it to likely be a tad sharper than say an average Epson 8700ub, even though many people have cited the Epson as sharper (but only when lucky with convergence, so not a fair comparison). Plus the LCD pixel grid tends to give a fake sense of sharpness.

Fair statement, but then you are assuming that their margins were downright frothy. I am loathe to believe that JVC has the flexibility to reduce margins on what has to be a very important business unit for them. I have not seen financials on the company, but I have to believe many of their commercial and consumer product units are dead weight, money losers. Finally you realize
I did only suggest that it was a possibility that optics quality was reduced. Quality optics are very expensive and would be an area likely targeted for cost cutting. That said, I do firmly believe that their were value engineering decisions made this year which may be reflected in the overall performance of the rs45 / x30.
post #279 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Manufacturing costs go up, but in electronics it's different.
They generally go down. Now I know there is more than just electronics that make up a projector, but the electronics are also part of the cost.

Hard drive prices recently skyrocketed due to a flood in Thailand, but that is an unrelated thing, they usually go down.

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #280 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone noticed there's about a 7 or 8 pound weight difference between RS40 and RS45? Maybe it's a typo..I don't know. The motorized lens mechanism would add a little weight. I doubt it's 7 lbs though. RS45 clocks in at roughly 25lbs and RS40 32 lbs.
post #281 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah View Post

Has anyone noticed there's about a 7 or 8 pound weight difference between RS40 and RS45? Maybe it's a typo..I don't know. The motorized lens mechanism would add a little weight. I doubt it's 7 lbs though. RS45 clocks in at roughly 25lbs and RS40 32 lbs.

Weight and size are supposedly the same.
post #282 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post

Weight and size are supposedly the same.

Weight and size is about the same. The new RS45 may be slightly heavier at 32.85 lbs to 32.2 lbs for the RS40.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #283 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

As long as it's not a box full of rocks, I'll be happy.
Although that 0.65 pound difference in weight may just break my mount ;P

post #284 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
WTS
AVS Special Member

Maybe the extra wieght is the extra lamp to keep people happy-for a while.

Walter
post #285 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
WTS
AVS Special Member

Off topic post. Is that why harddrives get went way up. I thought it was misprints on the dealers site, damn.

Walter
post #286 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-57...ice-increases/

post #287 of 4482 Old 11-30-2011, 07:53 PM
WTS
AVS Special Member

wow, thanks

Walter
post #288 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Weight and size is about the same. The new RS45 may be slightly heavier at 32.85 lbs to 32.2 lbs for the RS40.

That is correct. This year's user manual, specification page (92) shows the -45 gains 0.2kg (0.4 pounds), and the -55 and -65 gains 0.3kg (0.7 pounds), versus last year's specs page (73).

Makes sense the -45 gained less than the -55/-65 (due to the deletion of the lens cover motor).

Paul
post #289 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Advanced Member

Motion handling improved from every series to another. Between the 40 and the 45 there is no real difference in motion handling but the 45 has other benefits in regards of brightness and 3d features.

Imho the Cmd is the same but I will try to verify this on Saturday

HD-EP35 & PS3 & (soon to be) Regionfree Oppo BD-93. 148 : 481
post #290 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 AM

So, what is the best choise for who want a projector only for movies. The VW95 or RS45 ?
I am very confuse about this, because the VW95 cost almost 2x the price, and i realy dont know if it will be better for 2D movies than the RS45. Apreciate a help here.
Thanks
post #291 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

If you don't need the better frameinterpolation and the very good caolorspace menu of the Sony go for the RS45.

Best bang for the bug and even brighter without the dynamic iris the Sony needs for the max. blacklevel and contrast.

The Sony is a very fine unit but is hard to justify the pricedifference.

HD-EP35 & PS3 & (soon to be) Regionfree Oppo BD-93. 148 : 481
post #292 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenous View Post

If you don't need the better frameinterpolation and the very good caolorspace menu of the Sony go for the RS45.

Best bang for the bug and even brighter without the dynamic iris the Sony needs for the max. blacklevel and contrast.

The Sony is a very fine unit but is hard to justify the pricedifference.

Thanks man. I can still change my purchase, because i bought the VW95. I have to decide if i will change or not. I know, the sony will be best for sports and games, but i realy dont care about this things. But i have to receive my next projector in miami ultil next week. I am afraid it is not possible. I will wait for the Mike answer my email about this and after that i will have to decide wich projector i will buy.
Thanks for the help.
post #293 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the clarification guys . Projector people have the weight listed incorrectly on the site. http://www.projectorpeople.com/proje...DLA-RS45U#tabs
post #294 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

My RS45 will get to me probably by the 9th. Why must AVS be on the East Coast? I'm happy tho, was wondering if the day I could mark this on a calendar would ever come!

For those of you getting it sooner, would love to hear about the lens memory feature. Anyone else doing 2.35CIH?
post #295 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymic View Post

Thanks man. I can still change my purchase, because i bought the VW95. I have to decide if i will change or not. I know, the sony will be best for sports and games, but i realy dont care about this things. But i have to receive my next projector in miami ultil next week. I am afraid it is not possible. I will wait for the Mike answer my email about this and after that i will have to decide wich projector i will buy.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I thought that I answered you. Please send it again.

Added
Did not realize you are the guy that I have been corresponding with already today. Some times it is hard to put real names and AVS names together.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #296 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I thought that I answered you. Please send it again.

Thanks Mike, i read now and send another email to you.
post #297 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post

My RS45 will get to me probably by the 9th. Why must AVS be on the East Coast? I'm happy tho, was wondering if the day I could mark this on a calendar would ever come!

For those of you getting it sooner, would love to hear about the lens memory feature. Anyone else doing 2.35CIH?

If nobody else has talked about the lens memory by tom I will give you a report tom night or Sat morn since this is one of the first things I am going to test with my CIH screen. I am picking up my 45 tom and should have the night free to mess with it after work.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #298 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

If nobody else has talked about the lens memory by tom I will give you a report tom night or Sat morn since this is one of the first things I am going to test with my CIH screen. I am picking up my 45 tom and should have the night free to mess with it after work.

A poster responded earlier about this (could be in the X70 thread) that the JVC hit exactly where it was set for.

post #299 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:

A poster responded earlier about this (could be in the X70 thread) that the JVC hit exactly where it was set for.

That is great news! Thanks for the info Mike!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #300 of 4482 Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

This is great, and for the most part, all early accounts on the new JVC's are very positive, sure mostly minor upgrades, but a particularly large upgrade in brightness (at least for the RS55/65), and now we know lens memory works.

Getting happier with the choice, I think the initial reports on higher contrast might be more related to higher or more accurate saturation in the default settings, but not sure. It will probably calibrate with more lumens than last year's models.

I think mine is just about on the way.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Projectors , Sony , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page