post #3061 of 4481 Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

You can get UltraMatte 150 (1.5 gain) in microperf, Reflections 170 (1.7 gain) in microperf. There is also UltraMatte 200 (2.0 gain) that you can get microperf. Nothing against the Enlightor 4K. I have that material in my screen and love it, but it takes a lot of lamberts to light it up if going big.

Yes, but isn't woven considered to be superior to perforated screens for sound transmission? So you can get higher gain, but block more of the sound??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 4481 Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

To know if it fit your screen, we need to know how far back you plan to place your PJ, and also how "bright" you need your picture. 141" diagonal 2.35 is about 130" horizontal, so the closest you can place is 130 x 1.4 (I think that's the shortest ratio) = around 15 ft from your screen.
Your screen area is about 49sq ft. So, to get minimum of 12 ftL, you need 49x12= about 600 lumens using 1.0 gain screen. JVC should not have problem hitting this... at least not before bulb got dim. You can consider getting a high-gain screen too if you want a brighter image.
Yes, to maintain the correct aspect ratio, a 16:9 image will have vertical black bars on the side of your screen. You can do stretch (with a VP), but I don't think JVC offer a mode to stretch for you.
Sales rep title is AV Science Rep... so, you should be able to find them easily

First off, thanks for replying to my post...I really appreciate it. I plan on placing the projector about 15 ft 7in back. The brightness I'll have to figure out. My screen is a Seymour XD and the gain I believe is somewhere around 1.16 or 1.2. As far as stretching goes, would an anamorphic lens correctly stretch the 16.9 program out to fill the screen with this projector? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post

I would also add comments with respect to your question of whether or not you need an anamorphic lens.

I guess the answer is probably no, you don't need an anamorphic lens. You could just zoom in so that your image fills your screen and the black bars that you would have at the top and bottom would be projected off the screen onto your wall where, hopefully, you won't see or notice them.

However, keep in mind that projecting onto a scope screen this way will yield a lower brightness (about 25% less if my calculations are correct) than the numbers fight4yu posted. This is because the letterbox bars above and below your image (which account for about 25% of the area) are still part of the projected image, even though you won't see anything there since they are black.

You are still projecting a 66 sf image onto a 49 sf screen. It's just that the part with the actual picture is only 49 sf.

Conversely, without an anamorphic lens, when you view 16:9 content you will have to zoom back out so that the 16:9 image will fit the height of your scope screen.

Thanks for your reply...I really appreciate it. My room is ~18ft x 17ft. As for zooming, from what I understand this projector has 3 lens memory saves...or am I wrong on that? The lens memory saves would allow me to set a 2.35:1 setting, 16.9 and a 3rd screen setting.
post #3063 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
About three weeks ago I posted that my RS45 starting locking up all its controls and eventually failed to start at all. It only had a less than 40 hours on it when the trouble started. I sent my unit to JVC factory repair. Yesterday it was returned with the invoice stating the Processor/Control board was replaced. That made sense since the symptons suggested something was hanging the I2C buss. Anyway my projector seems to run OK now and I hope it stays that way.

Besides Joesyah and me has anyone else had this unpleasant experience? I am hoping this is a one off problem and not indicative of a systemic failure that is likely to repeat itself.

Dennis
post #3064 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibia View Post

About three weeks ago I posted that my RS45 starting locking up all its controls and eventually failed to start at all. It only had a less than 40 hours on it when the trouble started. I sent my unit to JVC factory repair. Yesterday it was returned with the invoice stating the Processor/Control board was replaced. That made sense since the symptons suggested something was hanging the I2C buss. Anyway my projector seems to run OK now and I hope it stays that way.

Besides Joesyah and me has anyone else had this unpleasant experience? I am hoping this is a one off problem and not indicative of a systemic failure that is likely to repeat itself.

I'm glad that you can enjoy the spotlight, what were the first symptoms before they spoil?
regards
post #3065 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Anyone notice a slight jittering in the picture? I don't notice it all the time, but I never noticed it with the RS-1. I am using the same mount but with a different bracket.
post #3066 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 147
@kkrpo
Not really, never noticed, but this projector does have quirky motion on occasion, but not a big deal to me.

@convergence
I saw another RS-45 besides my own, the convergence was almost identical to mine, mine was barely better but from seating distance you cannot tell. A tad strange how close the convergence was between two separate units. Most of these JVC projectors have really incredibly good convergence after you let it warm up.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3067 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpro View Post

Anyone notice a slight jittering in the picture? I don't notice it all the time, but I never noticed it with the RS-1. I am using the same mount but with a different bracket.

The PJ could be vibrating/oscillating a little from the spinning fans (which are never perfectly balanced). Put your hand on the PJ to see if you can steady it, feel it, etc.

The new bracket might be allowing a little more flexing, causing this. Another way to test/rule out is to take it off the mount and table top it to see if the jittering goes away.

Also make sure you see the jittering in the JVC's menu, to rule out a signal/source issue.
post #3068 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm234 View Post

First off, thanks for replying to my post...I really appreciate it. I plan on placing the projector about 15 ft 7in back. The brightness I'll have to figure out. My screen is a Seymour XD and the gain I believe is somewhere around 1.16 or 1.2. As far as stretching goes, would an anamorphic lens correctly stretch the 16.9 program out to fill the screen with this projector? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply...I really appreciate it. My room is ~18ft x 17ft. As for zooming, from what I understand this projector has 3 lens memory saves...or am I wrong on that? The lens memory saves would allow me to set a 2.35:1 setting, 16.9 and a 3rd screen setting.

You need more than A-lens to maintain correct aspect ratio. First, you do NOT want to just stretch 16:9 program out. This will not be of the right aspect ratio.
What you want to do is to first vertical stretch the 2.35 image to a fill the full 16:9 area (usually with a VP. I do not know if RS45 had this built-in, but I think RS55 had the a-lens support, meaning they do this vertical stretch). At this point, you will not see any horizontal black bars, but the aspect ratio is distorted. The A-lens then come in to play and "stretch" it out at the same ratio... restoring the full 2.35 image. That way, you do not lose any pixels due to the black bars.
A-lens is a more expensive solution, for sure. There are cheap A-lens out there but people had been advised not to do the cheap solution, as you will create pincushion and CA problem which although is brighter, could look worse than without A-lens.
The good thing is, you can probably try zoom first, and if you are not satisfied with the brightness or quality, then you can consider adding A-lens later. Zoom is relative easy to do and try.
post #3069 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM5 View Post

I want first to thank this board for helping make my decision whilst doing my research.
On my list was the PT4000 or the PT7000 until I saw the X30 in action thanks to Dave Hao of Eastporters.
There was no turning back! LOL!

what made you pick the JVC over the Panasonic PT-AE7000? I'm considering the Panasonic as it seems like it has better specs. (300,000:1 contrast vc 50,000:1, 3 HDMI vs 2 HDMI, etc) They both have an Intelligent Lens Memory IIRC (seems that JVC just added this). I'm not really interested in 3D but may get it just to play safe, although the PT-AE4000 is pretty cheap because it is on discontinue mode.

Is Eastporters and authorized Panasonic and JVC dealer? I see a note about them on Epson Canadian site which makes me wonder where they are getting their stock and if it is legit.
post #3070 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmsted View Post

I'm considering the Panasonic as it seems like it has better specs. (300,000:1 contrast vc 50,000:1, .

Two words: Native Contrast.

The Panny uses a DI (dynamic iris) to cheat on its contrast specs. The JVC gets its contrast natively, w/o ANY DI.

The native contrast of the Panny is probably only around the 3,000 to 5,000:1 ratio.

You can get 300,000:1 contrast (if the Panny really even comes close to measuring that, which I doubt) on any projector if you put an aggressive enough DI on it.
post #3071 of 4481 Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

what made you pick the JVC over the Panasonic PT-AE7000? I'm considering the Panasonic as it seems like it has better specs. (300,000:1 contrast vc 50,000:1, 3 HDMI vs 2 HDMI, etc) They both have an Intelligent Lens Memory IIRC (seems that JVC just added this). I'm not really interested in 3D but may get it just to play safe, although the PT-AE4000 is pretty cheap because it is on discontinue mode.

Is Eastporters and authorized Panasonic and JVC dealer? I see a note about them on Epson Canadian site which makes me wonder where they are getting their stock and if it is legit.

Have you had the chance to see the two in action? I have and I'd take the JVC over the Panasonic. Motion, sharpness, colour, build quality...and those dark dark blacks...

I was looking at the X70 but I have had the chance to see a X30 back to back with a AE7000.

Also, as far as I know they are authorized sellers for JVC. I don't know if they are for Panasonic.
post #3072 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

The PJ could be vibrating/oscillating a little from the spinning fans (which are never perfectly balanced). Put your hand on the PJ to see if you can steady it, feel it, etc.

The new bracket might be allowing a little more flexing, causing this. Another way to test/rule out is to take it off the mount and table top it to see if the jittering goes away.

Also make sure you see the jittering in the JVC's menu, to rule out a signal/source issue.

Wouldn't have thought of it being the source. Thanks for the info.
post #3073 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

If you're primarily watching movies with your projector, these two models are not in the same league. The RS45 delivers a picture that is well above the quality of the AE7000; even moreso if the scene has any dark elements.

That's not fanboy talk or owners pride. I am neither a current nor future owner of an RS45.
post #3074 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

I'm considering the Panasonic as it seems like it has better specs. (300,000:1 contrast vc 50,000:1)

The JVC has better contrast ratio since it's a "real world" number that isn't faked with an adjustable/dynamic iris. Most specs should be completely ignored. The only ones that that mean anything are hard facts like number of inputs, size, and weight. Everything else is pretty much open to 'interpretation'. Stop comparing projectors with specs and look at them in person and judge for yourself.

Kal
post #3075 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM

I have built a dedicated home theater room in my basement which is 14 feet wide and 24 feet long. I am putting a 128 inch carada BW screen and looking for a projector with lens memory so that i can hold off buying a lens at this time. first seating is at 13.5 feet and next at 17.5 feet.My room is totally light controlled. Will x30 be bright enough if I need to watch occ 3D? Looking at recent posts, panny 7000 is not a good option. Should l be looking at x70 or sony 95es but i do not see any brightness difference in them.
Will greatly appreciate any advice.
post #3076 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis74 View Post

I have built a dedicated home theater room in my basement which is 14 feet wide and 24 feet long. I am putting a 128 inch carada BW screen and looking for a projector with lens memory so that i can hold off buying a lens at this time. first seating is at 13.5 feet and next at 17.5 feet.My room is totally light controlled. Will x30 be bright enough if I need to watch occ 3D? Looking at recent posts, panny 7000 is not a good option. Should l be looking at x70 or sony 95es but i do not see any brightness difference in them.

click on the link in my signature for a mini-shootout we did with a number of the current 3D projectors. 3D glasses will cut down nearly 80% of the light coming off the screen. That's a nice sized screen without a lot of gain so the 3D may not be as bright as you'd like, especially once the lamp starts to age.

The Epson 5010/6010 is one of the brightest 3D projectors in this price range, but it doesn't have the lens memory. Same goes for the BenQ W7000 (bright, but also manual lens controls).
post #3077 of 4481 Old 03-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the reply. I bought the 128 inch BW cinemascope screen (2.35:1) as i have a tray ceiling and the height of my room was an issue with only only 7 1/5 feet. So looking at lens memory option in the projectors to fit 2.35:1 screen.
post #3078 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post

Have you had the chance to see the two in action? I have and I'd take the JVC over the Panasonic. Motion, sharpness, colour, build quality...and those dark dark blacks...

I was looking at the X70 but I have had the chance to see a X30 back to back with a AE7000.

Also, as far as I know they are authorized sellers for JVC. I don't know if they are for Panasonic.

The one thing I'm noticing in the reviews is that the JVC isn't as good out of the box with colour accuracy and no preset REC709 type of setting that is to that industry spec. Supposedly it can be tuned.

One review that I was reading about the JVC was that the Lens Memory was clunky - I guess I'm taking that to mean when it resizes the image all you see is the grid lines changing unlike the Panasonic which will show you the image as it is resizing it.

No I haven't seen them in action side by side but looking forward to it and it seems that East Porters is the only place near me that has all of the projectors that I'm interested in side by side (well perhaps not the Epson 5010).

I'm a little confused... does the X30 actually have "two pairs of glasses and an external transmitter are included" as there seems to be some ambiguity about this? The Panasonic at least has the built in IR transmitter and you just have to get the glasses from what I understand. I'm not really big on 3D but if I just wanted to try I'd like to know if it actually comes. I saw BrolicBeast's unboxing on his youtube channel but it didn't actually show in the unboxing but later in the video he had the transmitter and one pair of glasses. Not sure if this is an issue but if I wanted to buy say a Panasonic 3D TV could you use the glasses with the 3D projector (from Panasonic or Epson or JVC?) ....or another brand TV with the various projectors???

Sorry about off topic: I have a little bit of reservations about EastPorters with the message about them on the Epson.ca website... so what's their deal? Are they getting their stuff falling off a truck, "hot", imported from the USA, Japan, etc and selling and have no warranty? I really like the prices that they do show on the web site but wonder. If I was to buy from the USA and then import it wouldn't I at least get a guaranteed US warranty but I'd have to drive across to send it back again - whereas these guys have to stay in business to use it??? Perhaps the price difference is worth buying it this way instead of being ripped off by Panasonic Canada's MSRP that you take the chances and by either way?
post #3079 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM

@necrosis74 why are you rulling out the PT-AE7000 as not a good option? JVC seems pretty new to this market compared to Panasonic and Epson and they just added the Lens memory which was described in one review as "clunky".

Also, why you guys are listing the JVC-X30 as something better than the PT-AE7000 besides contrast ratio being native but it doesn't seem like it is as bright... 1300 lumens vs 2000 lumens (PT-AE7000) or 2400 lumens (Epson 5010)? For 3D this would be a major issue wouldn't it since the light drops off with the glasses.
post #3080 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

@necrosis74 why are you rulling out the PT-AE7000 as not a good option? JVC seems pretty new to this market compared to Panasonic and Epson and they just added the Lens memory which was described in one review as "clunky".

Also, why you guys are listing the JVC-X30 as something better than the PT-AE7000 besides contrast ratio being native but it doesn't seem like it is as bright... 1300 lumens vs 2000 lumens (PT-AE7000) or 2400 lumens (Epson 5010)? For 3D this would be a major issue wouldn't it since the light drops off with the glasses.

JVC has been around for a l-o-n-g time. The DILA technology is their own design and this is the 5th or 6th generation. They are not "new" to the market. The X30 and the RS45 (which I own) are improved versions of highly rated predecessors.

The Lens Memory feature is very helpful, but it is often not "spot on". Why? Because not all films use conventional aspect ratios. They may be off a bit here and there. Using the fine tune adjustment takes care of that easily and quickly.

Personally, I think just going by the manufacturer's 'specs' can be risky. Often these are pushing the limit of credibility. The RS45 in the 5th projector I've owned and clearly the brightest (on a Stewart Firehawk 1.3 gain screen). I've actually dialed down the brightness, as did my ISF calibrator.

If you are primarily a 2D movie watcher, then the JVC is an excellent choice. I'm sure the Pany is a fine machine as well. That's the joy of it: today for $3K you can buy a projector that will outperform 5 year old projectors that cost $10K.

Good Viewing,
John G

JVC DLA-RS4810 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Darbee Darblet, Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver/Processor, Sony BDP S790 BR Player, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,  Adcom & Yamaha Amps .Light controlled HT...

post #3081 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 12:19 PM

I started with the Panny as I had the older 3000.
Fantastic picture, excellent zoom memory.
After reading the reviews it was the one for me.
3D....awful, crosstalk everywhere. I went back to the retailer, we fired it up against their demo unit, both the same, loads of crosstalk on most titles.

JVC X30 - heavier, larger, quieter, better 3D (despite what the reviews say, 3 of us in the demo room all thought the same), brighter and sharp as hell.....wow
It took me a few days to get used to the sharpness as it doesn't look as smooth as the Panny.

The Panny had faster zoom memory but for all the time it takes I can live with JVC's first attempt (and you can zoom whole watching source).

I am picky but when you are spending £3k you want to get it right.
My only worry is bulb life, but with a year warranty I'm hoping all will go well.

You won't be disappointed with the Panny in 2D but if you are buying it because of better 3D please demo, the JVC in 2D is amazing, thankfully my dealer let me swap at no cost!
post #3082 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis74 View Post

I also need lens memory which limits the choices unfortunately. The Sony projectors dont have enough throw for my setup as well since I need to do a shelf mount in the back of my room for my HP screen so basically for a one size fits all unit, this leaves the Panasonic and the JVCs'. Considering 2d is what I do most, the JVC was the easy choice for me in this situation. I love the 2d on my 45, but 3d is a very mixed bag and overall I am not satisfied in that department. Ghosting for blu ray 3d ranges from practically not there (Avatar), to very heavy (something like Giants of Patagonia). 3d gaming you can forget about on the JVCs IMHO as the ghosting is flat out terrible.

Having said all that, I would look at the Sony 95 if I were you as that would be my #1 choice if I could make it work in my room. Seems to be arguably the best all around 2d/3d projector under 10k right now from all the reports and it has lens memory which is a must for both of us it sounds like.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #3083 of 4481 Old 03-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Appreciate all the input.
I am looking mostly for a 2d movies and feel jvc outperforms PT7000 in blacks and see in forms with people complaining about not enough brightness with PT7000 on large screens though stated brightness is higher than jvc. so leaning towards JVC but if lens memory does not work well with jvc I will be back to square one.
Toe-I see sony 95ES having 1000 lumens brightness. Will that be enough for a 128" cinemascope screen. Does the lens memory work well for you with the jvc? I am not much of a gamer so not worried about 3D games.
Should I wait for the new sharp Z30000 as they talk about lens memory,1600 lumens, DLP (so 3d should be good)?
post #3084 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 AM

I think the lens memory is fine, it is alot slower, the Panny has auto adjust which is a nice feature and zooms very fast but I normally only adjust before a film so the slowness isn't a big deal.
The only problem I can see is films like Batman...That have both ratios, Panny will deal well with this on auto while I just leave it on 2:35:1 so certain 16:9 parts are visible but once again only on a handful of films.
post #3085 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

Yes, but isn't woven considered to be superior to perforated screens for sound transmission? So you can get higher gain, but block more of the sound??

Yes, a woven screen does less to the sound, but if you want to go large and AT, then often times gain is needed. In those cases microperf may be the best solution. Just another one of the choices that we have to make.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3086 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm234 View Post

When calculating lumens needed for a 2.35 screen using the zoom method, You have to calculate the area of the screen as if it was a 16:9 screen, based on the width. In your case a 130" wide screen is 130" x 73" or 66SF. Next you have to decide how bright is bright enough for you allowing for lamp age. If you feel that 20 Foot Lamberts with a new lamp in high lamp mode is bright enough for you then you need a projector that can output 20 x 66 = 1,320 lumens. Now divide the lumens by screen gain and then you know the light output that you need out of the projector. This calculation is for 2D. If you want to know for 3D then multiple the end result by 4.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3087 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviedr View Post

I think the lens memory is fine, it is alot slower, the Panny has auto adjust which is a nice feature and zooms very fast but I normally only adjust before a film so the slowness isn't a big deal.
The only problem I can see is films like Batman...That have both ratios, Panny will deal well with this on auto while I just leave it on 2:35:1 so certain 16:9 parts are visible but once again only on a handful of films.

The Panny is fast because it is a digital shift on the panel using the pixels from the upper or lower gray bar rather than an optical shift. Due to the Panny using digital shift, the mounting location of the projector is a lot more restricting.

post #3088 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 147
One reason it is so hard to answer these brightness questions is there are so many conditions...

1) How many hours someone uses the projector per year and lamp budget
2) Room Conditions
3) 3D preferences and requirements
4) How bright they prefer the image

I think #1 is actually more important than the others because of lamp dimming. I see even some experts setting projectors up at 12 fL to 16 fL. Believe me when I say I have seen so many people tell me their projector is no longer bright enough after 500 hours that it gets almost nauseating. I'd say the #1 complaint about projectors is the lamp losing brightness.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3089 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

The Panny is fast because it is a digital shift on the panel using the pixels from the upper or lower gray bar rather than an optical shift. Due to the Panny using digital shift, the mounting location of the projector is a lot more restricting.

That makes sense, really can't complain about timing then.
3 months in and I still can't wait to fire it up each night, picture is fantastic.
post #3090 of 4481 Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Hi everyone,

Just finished auto-calibrating with Chromapure via the DVD0 video processor. In other words, I finished all the tests.

How do I know if the video processor adjusted all it's internal settings based on the Chromapure tests? Is there a way to check? Or do I have to enter the test results manually?

Thank you once again from a giant noob :-)
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Projectors , Sony , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page