Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 153 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4561 of 4573 Old 04-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
JediMster,

Any update for us on your $149 lamp?
I'm also interested in hearing about people's long-term experience with 3rd party lamps.

I recently bought a used X30 with only <600 hours on the lamp. I decided to buy a "cheap" lamp for comparison (and spare), and essentially just bought the cheapest one I could find on eBay, from the seller QualifiedLamp, for $55. The lamp does not have a flap, contrary to the picture.

To my surprise, the cheap lamp has essentially the same brightness as the original JVC lamp (with 600 hours). The colour balance and colour gamut are also comparable to the original (measured with an X-Rite Colormunki Design spectro, HCFR software).

It's too early to tell how long the lamp will last, but so far I'm happy. I'm running the projector at the lower (Normal) power setting, so hopefully the cooling is adaquate without the flap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4573 Old 04-09-2015, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I'm also interested in hearing about people's long-term experience with 3rd party lamps.

I recently bought a used X30 with only <600 hours on the lamp. I decided to buy a "cheap" lamp for comparison (and spare), and essentially just bought the cheapest one I could find on eBay, from the seller QualifiedLamp, for $55. The lamp does not have a flap, contrary to the picture.

To my surprise, the cheap lamp has essentially the same brightness as the original JVC lamp (with 600 hours). The colour balance and colour gamut are also comparable to the original (measured with an X-Rite Colormunki Design spectro, HCFR software).

It's too early to tell how long the lamp will last, but so far I'm happy. I'm running the projector at the lower (Normal) power setting, so hopefully the cooling is adaquate without the flap.
Keep us posted as you go with that cheap lamp.

Jack
post #4563 of 4573 Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Will do. Considering the low cost, I would be satisfied if I get 700 hours out of it. However, at the rate of 2 hours per day, it would take me close to a year to get to that. I will report back if I notice any premature dimming.
post #4564 of 4573 Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1483 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Sounds like an old version 1 or version 2 JVC lamp. Those did not usually last long and is why JVC had there lamp supplier rework the lamp design. JVC replaced around 40 lamps for my customers that received the version 1 and version 2 lamps that died early.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #4565 of 4573 Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 PM

X30 HDMI Inputs Broke!

I was plugging the HDMI cable from my laptop to the X30, felt a little electrostatic spark discharge, and now both HDMI inputs show "No Input Signal". The projector still works with component input.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it an expensive fix?
post #4566 of 4573 Old 04-18-2015, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I bought the JVC RS45 in 2012 and finished my theater in November 2012. I now have 599 hours on it. I initially used it at the normal power lamp setting and it was great. However, about 6 months ago I noticed that I was having more trouble with dark scenes in movies and television so I switched to the high lamp. Now, even on high lamp I am finding it more difficult with the dark scenes. In brighter scenes, it looks great. So is this normal wear and tear for the bulb and should I just get a replacement, or is this amount of dimming too rapid and a sign of a bad bulb? Thanks in advance!
post #4567 of 4573 Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs691919 View Post
So I bought the JVC RS45 in 2012 and finished my theater in November 2012. I now have 599 hours on it. I initially used it at the normal power lamp setting and it was great. However, about 6 months ago I noticed that I was having more trouble with dark scenes in movies and television so I switched to the high lamp. Now, even on high lamp I am finding it more difficult with the dark scenes. In brighter scenes, it looks great. So is this normal wear and tear for the bulb and should I just get a replacement, or is this amount of dimming too rapid and a sign of a bad bulb? Thanks in advance!
Have you tried adjusting your aperture setting?

Jack
post #4568 of 4573 Old 04-19-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Have you tried adjusting your aperture setting?
No, I haven't actually -- what kind of setting would I put it at?
post #4569 of 4573 Old 04-19-2015, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm out of town on vacation now so I can't tell you for sure. Just find the aperture setting and adjust it to the left, I believe, and see what happens. You will lose some contrast though.

Jack
post #4570 of 4573 Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
If you have never adjusted it, it would be at the factory default value of 0, which is the brightest already. It can be reduced down to -15.
post #4571 of 4573 Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy JVC x-30 not starting any ideas?

Hi,
I am new here on the forum and maybe this has been answered before, but I can't find any post regarding my problem.

To the problem
The projector has worked fine for most of the last 3 years on rar occasions on powering up this senario has played out:
When I start the projector the standby light shines green and after a short while the the standby light turn red, the warning light turn red and the lamp light turn orange and blinks - and the only thing left to do is pull the power plugg.

During the rar occasions that this happened in the last 3 years just pulling the power plug and waiting half an hour and the trying to power it on again solved the problem.
Now in the end of last year the replace lamp massage stared appearing and I bought a new original lamp after replacing it every thing was fin for 3 months and then the old problem started to occur rather frequently and then all of a sudden the problem did not go away by pulling the plug and waiting a while.

so I have bought a new lamp, replaced the three month old one but the problem remains, and it seems to be permanent ?!?

Have any one had the same problem and maybe know what is wrong and how to fix it?

Is there a way to connect to the project without using the onscreen (now not working...) menus like with a network cable or som other way?

regards
Christofer
post #4572 of 4573 Old 04-22-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofer Holmgren Bagge View Post
Hi,
I am new here on the forum and maybe this has been answered before, but I can't find any post regarding my problem.

To the problem
The projector has worked fine for most of the last 3 years on rar occasions on powering up this senario has played out:
When I start the projector the standby light shines green and after a short while the the standby light turn red, the warning light turn red and the lamp light turn orange and blinks - and the only thing left to do is pull the power plugg.

During the rar occasions that this happened in the last 3 years just pulling the power plug and waiting half an hour and the trying to power it on again solved the problem.
Now in the end of last year the replace lamp massage stared appearing and I bought a new original lamp after replacing it every thing was fin for 3 months and then the old problem started to occur rather frequently and then all of a sudden the problem did not go away by pulling the plug and waiting a while.

so I have bought a new lamp, replaced the three month old one but the problem remains, and it seems to be permanent ?!?

Have any one had the same problem and maybe know what is wrong and how to fix it?

Is there a way to connect to the project without using the onscreen (now not working...) menus like with a network cable or som other way?

regards
Christofer
Sounds like a bad lamp ballast. Regardless, it will need repair, likely from Mendtronix. GL.

FS: Onix Rocket 750, RSC200, RSS300; 5.0 system; PM for details
post #4573 of 4573 Old Today, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanx nightfly85!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Projectors , Sony , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page