Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 154 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4591 of 4605 Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't believe how hard it is to get to the ballast board. Finally got it out, unfortunately I can't see anything wrong with it. Claymic, your blown resistor looks ok on mine and the multimeter shows resistance. You said their was other stuff blown too? Where?

So now to decide to gamble on a new board AND that I can actually put this thing back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4605 Old 06-16-2015, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfirst View Post
I can't believe how hard it is to get to the ballast board. Finally got it out, unfortunately I can't see anything wrong with it. Claymic, your blown resistor looks ok on mine and the multimeter shows resistance. You said their was other stuff blown too? Where?

So now to decide to gamble on a new board AND that I can actually put this thing back together.
In my case there is a IC burned (IC1).
I cant find a place to sell me the ballast, i tried to contact some stores that i found using google but without luck. Can someone help ? I would like to buy this as soon as possible.
Thanks
Clayton
post #4593 of 4605 Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
As many of us have suspected since this series of JVC projectors, RS40, 45,46, came out, they have had a bad ballast. Maybe a motherboard too. I had my RS40 fixed under warranty for the same symptoms; flickering, failure to boot, etc. Haven't had a problem since. Just a lot of worry about when it will happen again.
The 40 and 45 use the same ballast, but the 46 uses a new ballast design and it has been pretty trouble free.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #4594 of 4605 Old 06-16-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
The 40 and 45 use the same ballast, but the 46 uses a new ballast design and it has been pretty trouble free.
Thanks for that clarification Mike. Does the 46 have any functional or visual improvements over the 40/45?

Jack
post #4595 of 4605 Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymic View Post
In my case there is a IC burned (IC1).
I cant find a place to sell me the ballast, i tried to contact some stores that i found using google but without luck. Can someone help ? I would like to buy this as soon as possible.
Wow. That is going to suck if we can't order a new ballast. I figured it was going to take weeks, so I went ahead and just bought an AE8000U since I kind of wanted another projector anyways for nighttime patio movies. I still want to fix my RS45 though! Kind of ironic, years ago I had narrowed it down to the AE8000 (or was it 7000) and the RS45. Now the 8000 while old, still seems to hold it's own against newer projectors and they dropped the price substantially.

I did put my RS45 all back together MINUS the ballast to see if it would still turn on and show me the same error lights. I don't understand why JVC assembled it the way they did. There is enough room to slide that ballest tray out and the wire is long enough except for those two back screws that hold the tray up and that you can't get to without dismantling half the projector. So I reassembled it without the ballast, but I was then able to still plug the ballast in and slide it in. It is resting on top of the bottom metal heat sink, but if I ever do get a new ballast, then I will fashion something to hold the ballast try above that heat sink.

The ballast seems to be 2 power wires in, 2 power wires out, and a small plug for something (fan?). Does a 46 ballast have basically the same wires and would it fit in the space of a 45?
post #4596 of 4605 Old 06-17-2015, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I just bought it here
http://www.partsimple.com/qal1305-001-jvc-n-13.html
It will take more or less 30 days to arrive.
Let´s see if this will fix my problem.
Regards

Last edited by claymic; 06-17-2015 at 03:59 AM.
post #4597 of 4605 Old 06-19-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I was plugging the HDMI cable from my laptop to the X30, felt a little electrostatic spark discharge, and now both HDMI inputs show "No Input Signal". The projector still works with component input.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it an expensive fix?
I'm having the same issue except i didn't plug or remove the hdmi cables left them in from the night before, woke up and now neither hdmi inputs are working. haven't tried the component input though.
post #4598 of 4605 Old 06-19-2015, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgambino View Post
I'm having the same issue except i didn't plug or remove the hdmi cables left them in from the night before, woke up and now neither hdmi inputs are working. haven't tried the component input though.
Luckily, in my case the HDMI inputs came back to life on their own.

They didn't work when the "zapping" occurred (as a matter of fact, the displayed image disappeared when it happened). I tried a few things including doing a factory reset, and it still didn't work. I switched to component video input and used it for two weeks, and one day decided to try it again before bringing it in for repair, and it has worked since then!
post #4599 of 4605 Old 06-19-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Luckily, in my case the HDMI inputs came back to life on their own.

They didn't work when the "zapping" occurred (as a matter of fact, the displayed image disappeared when it happened). I tried a few things including doing a factory reset, and it still didn't work. I switched to component video input and used it for two weeks, and one day decided to try it again before bringing it in for repair, and it has worked since then!

How were you able to do a factory reset? I've tried finding it in the manual with no success.
post #4600 of 4605 Old 06-19-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
How were you able to do a factory reset? I've tried finding it in the manual with no success.
It's really surprising that the factory reset option is hidden in the Service Menu. I would have thought it should be in the regular menu.

The Service Menu can be accessed by Up, Down, Right, Left key sequence on the remote. You may have to try a few times to get the timing right.
post #4601 of 4605 Old 06-19-2015, 07:11 PM

I've tried numerous times, but couldn't get into the menu. Were you able to get 1080p with the component cable?
post #4602 of 4605 Old 06-20-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I've tried numerous times, but couldn't get into the menu. Were you able to get 1080p with the component cable?
The combination is actually

Up, Down, Right, Left, OK.

I think the resolution was 1080i with component cable. Also the range went from limited (16-235) to full (0-255)

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 06-20-2015 at 06:23 PM.
post #4603 of 4605 Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
The combination is actually

Up, Down, Right, Left, OK.

I think the resolution was 1080i with component cable. Also the range went from limited (16-235) to full (0-255)

Ok, the component worked, just not the hdmi. So looks like the ports went bad. Hopefully I get lucky like you and they work 2 weeks later

Thanks for your help!
post #4604 of 4605 Old 06-26-2015, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guys, I've got the same problem with my X3 as others have posted. I've partly disassembled mine but having trouble finding the ballast board, can someone give me a pointer to where it is please? Is it by the PSU under the scaler board? Any tips for removing it? Many thanks.
post #4605 of 4605 Old 06-30-2015, 09:10 AM

On my RS45 it was the worst possible thing to get too. I had to remove a few boards and a metal frame to get to it. Follow the power wires from the lamp. I recall the gray lamp wires going right to it. Then at the other end, another pair of thick power wires came off of it and plugged into the bottom most board.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Projectors , Sony , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page