Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

Old 12-21-2016, 09:19 PM
kal
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjohnson View Post
From a physical robustness standpoint, I consider the HDMI connector to be the weakest connector design I've ever seen in the video world. DVI is much more robust.
+ a billion to that one. Why it didn't come with locking options and something more robust is beyond me.

Kal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is more or less a cross post from a different forum, but after a few days they have not replied or anything, so I am giving this forum a chance.

For various reasons my x30b was never used as I first intended so it's been mainly been collecting dust since I bought it in 2012, I believe I have around 7-800 hours on my first lamp. I finally got myself a used high quality screen (Draper react 3 104") and I mount the screen on the wall, turn the projector on for the first time with new screen, and BAM no picture nothing, just Orange blinking LED lamp and warning + standby on constant red.

I've read around and from what I understand it is most likely either the bulb or the ballast. Funny thing is that by coincident or not but sometimes when I remove lamp and reattach it with power off it starts up like nothing happened.. but never turns on like normal second time without same procedure over and over. Does this point to ballast?
Old 12-29-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterx View Post
Funny thing is that by coincident or not but sometimes when I remove lamp and reattach it with power off it starts up like nothing happened.. but never turns on like normal second time without same procedure over and over. Does this point to ballast?
My x30 was doing that frequently but not all the time. It was only with one particular lamp. And the lamp seemed to work in another projector.
If I remember correctly, I didn't have to remove the lamp. Unplug the power cord would work.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
My x30 was doing that frequently but not all the time. It was only with one particular lamp. And the lamp seemed to work in another projector.
If I remember correctly, I didn't have to remove the lamp. Unplug the power cord would work.
Slight chance chance, if not a good chance, it could be the MB.

Jack
Old 12-30-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Slight chance chance, if not a good chance, it could be the MB.
So if I understand you correctly you believe this problem and also my problem could be related to the motherboard, and not ballast/lamp?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterx View Post
So if I understand you correctly you believe this problem and also my problem could be related to the motherboard, and not ballast/lamp?
It could be any of the three.

Jack
Old 01-11-2017, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 62
There was also a firmware update in early 2011 that supposedly addressed issues related to not firing up but not sure if yours has that firmware update. I believe the new one was version 28 something. The old one would have started with a 25.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My X30's PSU has developed an annoying high-pitched whine. Like PSU's sometimes do. I'm fairly certain it wasn't there before. The sound depends on the angle my ears have towards the projector, and I have been playing around with the angle of it lately, but where it's at now should be about where it's always been

It's only when displaying 60Hz material, but that's "only" all the streaming I do, which is at least half my time with the projector. Games, too, but the low PS4 Pro hum seems to drown out the whine.

Is it possible to fairly easily replace the PSU? Aside from the annoyance, I am, of course, also afeared that it'll stop working soon. I have no other screen and few financial means with which to just go and buy another projector.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1958
Hey guys, any idea what a fair asking price would be for a used 45 with a brand new bulb (plus the installed old bulb with around 1700 hours) 3d emitter and two pairs of glasses? Getting ready to sell...
Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Hey guys, any idea what a fair asking price would be for a used 45 with a brand new bulb (plus the installed old bulb with around 1700 hours) 3d emitter and two pairs of glasses? Getting ready to sell...
Take a gander at the classifieds. At one extreme, you'll see people asking in the $800-900 ballpark and selling them immediately, and at the other extreme there are people asking mid-teens and getting zero action. So, if you actually want to get it sold and not have to keep lowering the price $100/week for a month, I'd probably shoot for asking around a grand plus shipping and expect to negotiate a bit less. Or, ask $850 and sell it in a couple of days.

Cheers,
SC
Toe likes this.

I'm a Home Theater Enthusiast with GAS: Gadget Acquisition Syndrome.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Toe

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1958
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
Take a gander at the classifieds. At one extreme, you'll see people asking in the $800-900 ballpark and selling them immediately, and at the other extreme there are people asking mid-teens and getting zero action. So, if you actually want to get it sold and not have to keep lowering the price $100/week for a month, I'd probably shoot for asking around a grand plus shipping and expect to negotiate a bit less. Or, ask $850 and sell it in a couple of days.

Cheers,
SC
Great advice, thanks!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys, Just bought a used jvc x30, worked great for about a week. had to change the hdmi cable and like an ass, did not make sure all power was off. when I put the cable in I think I shorted something out. Currently it is in a repair shop and they said the error lights are not in the service manual. They are still trouble shooting. From going thru prior posts the closest I found was another user who did the same thing and his eventual outcome was to replace the power assembly board. Does anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinbone View Post
Hi guys, Just bought a used jvc x30, worked great for about a week. had to change the hdmi cable and like an ass, did not make sure all power was off. when I put the cable in I think I shorted something out. Currently it is in a repair shop and they said the error lights are not in the service manual. They are still trouble shooting. From going thru prior posts the closest I found was another user who did the same thing and his eventual outcome was to replace the power assembly board. Does anyone else have any thoughts?
That's strange that removing an hdmi cable would do that. You literally just unplugged the cable while the unit was on?
Old 03-09-2017, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 5975 Post(s)
Liked: 3859
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXRDISBEST View Post
That's strange that removing an hdmi cable would do that. You literally just unplugged the cable while the unit was on?
Not strange. It is actually not recommended to hot swap an HDMI cable, though many, myself included, do this at times.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
Old 03-09-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Not strange. It is actually not recommended to hot swap an HDMI cable, though many, myself included, do this at times.
Interesting. I had no idea. Considering I have the rs45 too I better stop doing that!

Is it common to have hdmi dropouts with this projector? I seem to have them everytime I have the projector on and either turn on or turn lo of off my ps3. Then when I turn my receiver off and then back on it seems to sync back up.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 5975 Post(s)
Liked: 3859
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXRDISBEST View Post
Interesting. I had no idea. Considering I have the rs45 too I better stop doing that!

Is it common to have hdmi dropouts with this projector? I seem to have them everytime I have the projector on and either turn on or turn lo of off my ps3. Then when I turn my receiver off and then back on it seems to sync back up.
Drop outs, no, but it does take time to resync. If it is dropping out, then something is wrong. I just would not assume the problem is the projector. Often times, it is not.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Drop outs, no, but it does take time to resync. If it is dropping out, then something is wrong. I just would not assume the problem is the projector. Often times, it is not.
I just changed the projector to the jvc so it seems like it has to be the compatability between my Yamaha amp, the ps3 and the jvc. Is there anything I can do to try and eliminate this? Everything works fine but sometimes when I stop a movie and go back to the ps3 menu and it resets, the screen will freeze. The ps3 is fine and when I turn my amp off and on, everything goes back to normal. It doesn't happen randomly while watching material, just when the source is resynching.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:42 AM

I also havve a Darblet in the chain. Not sure if people have had issues with those and these JVC's
Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked: 620
I have a Darblet with my RS45 and no issues... Well, not that I would put on the Darblet.

Ever since I upgraded to an Anthem MRX-1120, I get random video drop-outs. Audio keeps on going, but it happens about every other movie that I watch and when it happens once, it will probably happen again in that same movie, but like I said, it isn't every since movie and it is just video. I haven't taken much time to look into it, but before the Anthem receiver, it worked perfectly and nothing else has changed. I keep wondering if I should upgrade my HDMI cables as I am using just basic Monoprice ones, but running a new on to my projector would be a little bit of work, even with the conduit in the ceiling.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post
I have a Darblet with my RS45 and no issues... Well, not that I would put on the Darblet.

Ever since I upgraded to an Anthem MRX-1120, I get random video drop-outs. Audio keeps on going, but it happens about every other movie that I watch and when it happens once, it will probably happen again in that same movie, but like I said, it isn't every since movie and it is just video. I haven't taken much time to look into it, but before the Anthem receiver, it worked perfectly and nothing else has changed. I keep wondering if I should upgrade my HDMI cables as I am using just basic Monoprice ones, but running a new on to my projector would be a little bit of work, even with the conduit in the ceiling.
I'm using monoprice as well. I think it's a 40 or 50 footer. But the thing is it worked flawlessly for 5 years with my old projector. The rs45 is only a year newer than my other projector so the compatibility should be the same. I wonder if any of the video settings within my ps3 would do anything. There are also hdmi control settings on my avr. Again, not sure if they have any effect at all.
Old Today, 01:41 PM

Does anyone know if the rs45 will support NVidia shield tv 2017 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Jvc , Projectors , Sony , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi