Epson 5010E does wireless HD work well? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-24-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am wondering if you hook the wireless transmitter to your HDMI switcher for multiple HD inputs? I have a cable box, Xbox 360 and PS3. Can you switch between these wirelessly? Do you think the there is any picture quality loss? It seems like this feature should be a bigger deal to people. I hate wires.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithj101 View Post

I am wondering if you hook the wireless transmitter to your HDMI switcher for multiple HD inputs? I have a cable box, Xbox 360 and PS3. Can you switch between these wirelessly? Do you think the there is any picture quality loss? It seems like this feature should be a bigger deal to people. I hate wires.

Keith

The manual online would tell you for sure how many inputs the wireless supports. It's available from Epson.

There should be no loss in picture quality.

That said, there are only two really useable frequency bands this device could be using. These frequency bands are the same ones used by Wireless A,N, (5GHz) and Wireless B, G, N (2.4GHz) networks, baby monitors (2.4GHz), cordless phones (5GHz and 2.4GHz), and bluetooth (2.4GHz). It most likely uses 5GHz band due to it's increased bandwidth, and fewer users. But it has a very short range. Be aware, that there is a possibility you will get dropouts if you live in a crowded area where people are clogging up these bands.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 11:38 AM

Actually, it uses the unlicensed 60GHz spectrum so it's capable of a tons of data but very short distances (45ft) and little to no penetration power.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 06:46 PM

I've owned mine for about four months now. The wireless HD feature was helpful while I waited to mount the projector to the ceiling. Rather than run wires to the projector sitting on a table, I could route the signal to the projector wirelessly.

But now that I'm ready to mount the projector in the ceiling, I'm wondering whether the wireless feature was worth an extra $300. I'm definitely going to hard wire my inputs to the mounted projector. Everytime I turn on the projector, I have to get up and walk over to the wireless HD transmitter, flip it off and then back on to get the wireless HD to work. I leave the transmitter on all the time, but after turning on the projector, I have to get up and and toggle the switch to make the wireless HD "wake up".

Hard wiring the connections will fix that, but then what will I use the wireless HD I paid $300 for ?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM

Liked: 11
No problems with the wireless function of the EPSON EH-TW9000W (european version of 5010/6010).
I use mine all the time - since I have no option of hard wiring a HDMI cable to the projector.

No loss to signal quality and no handshaking problems - even for 3D works flawlessly.

The wireless transmitter has only one HDMI input.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 AM

I think the OP was asking if the wireless transmitter works when plugged in through an HDMI switcher like a receiver, which is actually what I'm trying to find out as well. Can anybody help please?
post #7 of 7 Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 AM

Thanks! Any problems when switching inputs on the receiver?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5010 E Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector With Wirelesshd , Xbox 360 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page