OWNERS thread for Mitsubishi HC7800 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Suggestion for everybody: play with gamma settings. Having a grey screen image comes back to life with gamma at 2.0, while is not punchy in cinema mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 PM

Hi, congratulations for your post.cool.gif
I just bought a Mitsu HC7800D so few days i´m very interested and also bought the Monster Vision Max 3D .

i understand and i will follow the next steps for convert the MONSTER dongle to 5 pin din, but i thing is better if i read the original page that you mention in your post for that reason
Can you give me more traces of the germany page or the link please, i ¨m very excited for this option and i want use with other 3d lens via the RF.

Thanks in advance for your help and answer

Best Regards

H.Fernando

Fernando GR
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauri026 View Post

Sorry for this double post...
Anyhow, I hope my post helps any fellow HC7800D owners experience a better 3D experience over the craptastical Mitsubishi 3D glasses that are used with the HC7800D.
6/02/13 a las 24:24

Hi, congratulations for your post.
I just bought a Mitsu HC7800D so few days i´m very interested and also bought the Monster Vision Max 3D .

i understand and i will follow the next steps for convert the MONSTER dongle to 5 pin din, but i thing is better if i read the original page that you mention in your post for that reason
Can you give me more traces of the germany page or the link please, i ¨m very excited for this option and i want use with other 3d lens via the RF.

Thanks in advance for your help and answer

Best Regards

H.Fernando

Fernando GR
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM

I found it, finally this is the link , i hope help all , have to translate but are amazing the instructions and pictures step by step

http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/Mitsubishi_HC7800/Brillen/HC7800%20Brillen.htm

H.Fernando

Fernando GR
Old 07-08-2013, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HI

I am a INFOCUS SP8602 happy owner, but since some time ago i have curiosity about this Mits. There are some questions that i would be gratefull if someone can answer.

I would like to know if this Mits has an 2D performance as stunning as INFOCUS. I love INFOCUS white levels, the sharpness and the brightness (FTL). I suppose that Mits blacks levels will be more or less like in the INFOCUS.

Could someone tell me something?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 PM

Hi, in the Mits HC7800 the colors are very good, are fine colors in nice flesh tones , you feel the quality of this projector, the image almost always is like a movie theater, the black are not a super backer that i was waiting but are ok if you does a good calibration . I s easy.

I was following this model more than a year. I' had five proectors before this.
Also i have the BenQ w7000 and after a compare this two models, for me in quality color, in tones, in the shadws details the Mitsu looks fine.

I like so much sports like basketball, Tennis and
My son said me " father this is like a Giant Plasma"
I m using now only in 2D in a 110" curved screen and i'm happy
The w7000 is very good but the hc7800 is better hands down.
Sorry owners of the w7000.

Good look

Fernando GR
Old 07-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I started noticing this issue. At times for like 2 seconds. The picture gets really choppy. It seemed like it happened on every puck drop during the hockey playoffs. I started noticing the choppiness or some panning shots and slow motion. This only happens watching cable. Blue rays and streaming are perfect. Comcast denies any fault. Any ideas?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:49 PM

Has anyone successfully built one of those emitter convertors for use with other glasses? I'd be willing to pay someone to make one for me if they have previously done it. Obviously parts and reasonable labor. PM me.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Yes i did, go to this link and translate .
http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/Mitsubishi_HC7800/Brillen/HC7800%20Brillen.htm.
Good look

Fernando GR
Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM

Hi, i hope you had seen an read the cine4home link page.
You will see the diagrams how can you build the cable connector for use with the Monster IR to RF converter, also you will see the places where you can buy the cable if you can't do it, but is easy .

I'm using the Optoma lens, with the Monster Converter , the Optoma 3D IR to RF converter and the Monster, are the same product only differents in brand name, you have two options .

I'm using and testing so 10 days ago . I can sent you a cable for the connection with the HC7800 if you buy some one option, any radio technic can do it . But if you like i can send you , i think with $30. I can send by mail a kit of two cables.
My PM is fgrosell@gmail.com

Best regards

H. Fernando

PD
Sorry my english,in Lima, Perú

Fernando GR
Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgrosell View Post

Hi, i hope you had seen an read the cine4home link page.
You will see the diagrams how can you build the cable connector for use with the Monster IR to RF converter, also you will see the places where you can buy the cable if you can't do it, but is easy .

I'm using the Optoma lens, with the Monster Converter , the Optoma 3D IR to RF converter and the Monster, are the same product only differents in brand name, you have two options .

I'm using and testing so 10 days ago . I can sent you a cable for the connection with the HC7800 if you buy some one option, any radio technic can do it . But if you like i can send you , i think with $30. I can send by mail a kit of two cables.
My PM is fgrosell@gmail.com

Best regards

H. Fernando

PD
Sorry my english,in Lima, Perú

Ok I'll take a look. I'm not good soldering but I you think it's easy I'll take a look. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 PM

I forgot the glasses that i'm using with the IR to RF 3D Converter enter here : http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-BG-ZF2100GLS-Active-Shutter-Glasses/dp/B008PQJXFO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1373775960&sr=8-3&keywords=Optoma+RF+3D+lens, good look

Fernando GR
Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 AM

Going to have a drink and enjoy for a bit! .thank you 5.gif
Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post

would these glasses work with the HC7800?

http://www.amazon.com/3DTV-Corp-DLP-LINK-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6/

No, you need IR glasses. Those are DLP link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey!

For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Liked: 11
I made the monstervision cable thats listed, and also added a female fitting to the cable that the original mits IR emitter will plug into. It works perfectly, and the 7800 has ample power to power both emitters at the same time. At least I didn't have to throw out my mits glasses.....which IMHO....as bulky and awkward as they are...provide the most flawless picture.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Liked: 12
I just posted my review of the HC7800. I was surprised that I am the only one to review it. I'd like to see the opinions of others, so please review if you can find the time. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://www.avsforum.com/products/mitsubishi-hc7800d-projector-full-hd-3d-projector

Reynolds:"Not much faith in plan A?"
O'Neill:"Since when has plan A ever worked?"

Stargate SG-1, episode 143, "Evolution"

Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM

I received my 7800D a few days ago. First, I would like to thank all the folks of this forum for the invaluable knowledge I found here over the years!

It took a long time searching and procrastinating, imagine that the first candidate to upgrade my Infocus IN72 was the Sanyo PLV-Z3000...
Then I refined my requirements to DLP, CFI and... quietness. When the HC7800D came on the market, with 3D as a bonus, I felt my search was over, I had only to wait for an affordable price! The PP refurbished deal (still current) was the deciding factor.

Yes, I like my home made mounts

Then I had to figure out why my unit was sold as "B-stock". Factory packaging, new cosmetic condition, zero hour lamp... When I first powered it, I found an optical flaw at the bottom of the picture (when upside down), and dozens of dead pixels on the sides... The good thing is, most of the dead pixels came back to life after a few hours. Only one stays black now, very close of the right border. With the optical default unnoticeable in normal viewing, and outside of the cinemascope format, I felt happy with my deal! smile.gif

White wall in a white living room: movie nights!

Since the 3D IR emitter blocks all other remotes, including the projector remote, I found that I had to mask at least 90% of the emitter with electric tape to keep my remotes working.

So the question is, would IR glasses (say Xpand X104) work with only one tenth of the emitter lighting power? I don't have any glasses, so I would like to know before to buy either RF emitter and glasses or IR glasses...

Oh, a word about quietness. The HC7800D is as quiet in high lamp mode as the IN72 in low lamp mode. And when in low lamp mode, which is bright enough with BrilliantColor and 3D image setting, the HC7800D is definitely quiet, as quiet as my HTPC, quieter than a Nintendo Wii, and mostly inaudible in a living room environment where I can hear the wall clock. Quietness was an important requirement for me, and the HC7800D delivers!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Apparently the Estar kit and glasses work great too as they are the same as the Optima and Monster but cheaper... and they are updated to be better just like the more recent version of the Optomas:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1489232/optoma-bg-bc100b-3d-rf-emitter-compatable-glasses

Here is the kit for $64:
http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6100-RF-3D-Starter/dp/B00D39AUCI/ref=pd_cp_e_3

And here are extra glasses for $54:
http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6000-RF-3D-Glasses/dp/B00D341DUQ/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

Thanks!
Cory
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post

Apparently the Estar kit and glasses work great too as they are the same as the Optima and Monster but cheaper... and they are updated to be better just like the more recent version of the Optomas:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1489232/optoma-bg-bc100b-3d-rf-emitter-compatable-glasses

Here is the kit for $64:
http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6100-RF-3D-Starter/dp/B00D39AUCI/ref=pd_cp_e_3

And here are extra glasses for $54:
http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6000-RF-3D-Glasses/dp/B00D341DUQ/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

Do you need to make a conversion kit for these to work with this projector? Based on info in this thread it seems only the Mitsu glasses work with this emitter.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Yes you have to do the conversion.

Thanks!
Cory
Old 11-10-2013, 06:21 AM

Hello all,

I have a Mits HC8000D and would like to try using that work-around solution so I could use RF glasses with the projector. I already have two pairs of Mits IR glasses, so I am particularly interested in WitchitaT's modification. I've looked over the referenced (Cine4Home) website, but I still can't quite figure out what needs to be done cable-wise. Has a step-by-step write-up been done? Can you buy modified cables? I don't mind trying to solder, but I haven't done this kind of thing before. Any suggestions appreciated.

Bruce
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallibus View Post

Hello all,

I have a Mits HC8000D and would like to try using that work-around solution so I could use RF glasses with the projector. I already have two pairs of Mits IR glasses, so I am particularly interested in WitchitaT's modification. I've looked over the referenced (Cine4Home) website, but I still can't quite figure out what needs to be done cable-wise. Has a step-by-step write-up been done? Can you buy modified cables? I don't mind trying to solder, but I haven't done this kind of thing before. Any suggestions appreciated.

Bruce
Check out the posts by zombie10k on page 6 of this thread. That is the most I could find about the project other than Cine4home's website. Wish I could find more... I haven't done the project yet either. And I'm curious to see what WitchitaT has to contribute.

Thanks!
Cory
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 PM

Okay, so this shows some of the connection guts on the 5 pin mini-din side of things:
http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/Hardware/ESkyminiDIN/tabid/92/Default.aspx

And this is a nice tutorial on the guts of the 1/8 mini rca:
http://www.wikihow.com/Solder-Stereo-Mini-Plugs

Thanks!
Cory
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 AM

Cory,

Those are excellent resources. I'm beginning to get a glimmering of what needs to be done. By the way, I messaged marketing at Cine4Home and inquired if they sell the modified cable. Or if they don't, who might.

Bruce
Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM

I found a cable online from the UK made by Belkin. Ordered several of them to share with others if they work. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Cory
Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 AM

whilst i was searching for the MonsterVision RF emitter kit i found the Chinese made IR 3D glasses which can be used with the HC7800 stock IR emitter. The glasses seem to be based on the same construct as the MonsterVision RF glasses hence just a fraction of the stock Mitsubishi 3D glasses' weight and come with built in rechargeable battery etc. Price is also a fraction of the stock ones. Picture quality is just as good. Extremely pleased with the purchase saved me the time and cost with the RF conversion. If anyone is interested I can help out with the ordering and shipping (dont think the Chinese supplier will ship overseas), PM me.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 AM

watching 3D is no longer a weight lifting exercise smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

BTW does anyone know the weight of the stock Mitsubishi glasses? these aftermarket ones are said to be about 40g.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

I have the xpand x104,and it's working for me,never tried another one,so can't make comparisons.

Am I missing something?
why do you need to go for rf?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 PM

Well, for one you don't have to buy the Mitsubishi emitter so that will save a good amount of money. And as you can see above the glasses are only around $55 and the set with the emitter and a pair of glasses is $65... so we are looking at a very cheap emitter.

I also heard that RF doesn't lose brightness that IR glasses lose... so maybe they are brighter. I believe the Cine4home review used the 1st generation Optoma / Monster glasses. There is a second edition that is supposedly brighter and lighter.

OLD DESIGN:
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-Technology-BG-3DRFGLASSES-Rechargeable-Glasses/dp/B005JRMLVK/ref=pd_sim_e_1
http://www.amazon.com/MonsterVision-radiofrequency-compatible-BG-ZF2100GLS-emitter-see/dp/B0091W97PM/ref=pd_sim_e_3

NEW DESIGN:
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-BG-ZF2100GLS-Active-Shutter-Glasses/dp/B008PQJXFO/ref=pd_sim_e_4
http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6000-RF-3D-Glasses/dp/B00D341DUQ/ref=pd_cp_e_2

And lastly, if the Belkin cables I had imported here (should be here next week hopefully) works, then there is zero hassle or soldering necessary! Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Cory

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7800d Projector Full Hd 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com