OWNERS thread for Mitsubishi HC7800 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, just a shared information about Mitsubishi HC7800D 3D devices compatibility. At time, no one, either Mitsubishi representative, has been able to give a very very easy information about that projector: which 3D players are compatible with this unit? Would it posible if contributors of this thread may inform which 3D Bluray player are using with this projector and which are the 3D configuration at their menu? At my experience, I'm using and working well Samsung BD-D8900 which is one the the few one than has at its menu the 3D to 3D mode (non auto only mode). To my surprise, at AUTO 3D mode the HC7800 does not recognize the 3D player unit. Further to that, I tested Sony brand either with the PS3 and the high rated BDP-S790 and both, with only AUTO 3D output mode (Sony does not have 3D mode output), the Mitsubishi didn't recognized them. Please note that I'm talking just only with Bluray 3D discs, not a normal 2D reproduction where the HC7800 works perfect with all kind of players. Does any one any experienced with other brands with full 3D compatibility at all? Which 3D players have 3D output mode (not only AUTO mode) that are compatible with the HC7800D?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It works fine with the PS3. The 3D mode can be left on auto and will work fine as long as 3D is enabled on the PS3. When watching Xfinity OnDemand, I often have to wait for the movie to start and manually change the 3D mode to SBS or T&B.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNE View Post
I wouldn't mind doing the same because my current glasses just aren't going to do. Is it laid out somewhere what to buy and how to create the custom solution? Not too worried about cost just want the best solution for viewing 3D on the 7800.

Thanks for the direction!
I have the adapter which i use with E Star glasses and it works great. If you read back in this thread, you'll find all the info you need on which glasses work, the schematic for the adapter, etc.

I was lucky enough to have another forum member make and sell me an adapter, but it looks pretty simple.

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7800d Projector Full Hd 3d Projector