Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3781 of 3811 Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I just bought a new lamp for $120, figured it is time since I am at about 7,500 hours on the original lamp (crazy huh). Actually with my HP screen it's still bright enough for 2D and computer use, but it's starting to get a bit DIM. I have a feeling I could have made it to 10,000 hours if I wanted to.

Here is the one I bought, I hope it's the real Philips lamp as the poster claimed, if not I'll return it. Yah I know, no returns, but if they misrepresent a product you can return it. I am pretty sure it's going to be the same exact lamp as the original.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200962189983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#shpCntId

I will have to find a post on how to change it in the housing without replacing the housing, probably can find that in this thread or in the w6000, or I'll figure it out myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

**Current Projector Calculator** --

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3811 Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I found a PDF written up by a guy that shows how to replace the lamp from the housing (buying the lamp only).

Here is a download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?juh9szob3q6gfnh

The ZIP contains the service manual, a custom guide how to change the LAMP from the housing, and a bunch of general LAMP PDF's. Don't worry, no viruses or anything, just some PDF's mostly.

-

post #3783 of 3811 Old 03-14-2014, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

I found a PDF written up by a guy that shows how to replace the lamp from the housing (buying the lamp only).

Here is a download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?juh9szob3q6gfnh i use a shop vise to get out of housing done thisabout 3 times w6000 had same housing works pretty good

The ZIP contains the service manual, a custom guide how to change the LAMP from the housing, and a bunch of general LAMP PDF's. Don't worry, no viruses or anything, just some PDF's mostly.
post #3784 of 3811 Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I am almost set on picking up one of these to replace my almost 4 year old w1000. How much of an increase in blacks should I expect with the 7000? The 1000 was entry level blacks 4 years ago, and the 7000 seems to be entry lefel blacks now, I just cant find anywhere that compares these though I am assuming that entry level now is much improved from 4 years ago? My room is blacked out except for a white ceiling, throw will be about 15.5 feet sitting about 12 feet from the screen which is a 119" HP. Thanks!
post #3785 of 3811 Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'd look at W7500 instead if I were you. Considerably better blacks.
post #3786 of 3811 Old 03-16-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Did someone measure it as better?

-

post #3787 of 3811 Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 26
post #3788 of 3811 Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

I just bought a new lamp for $120.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200962189983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#shpCntId

I was able to replace the lamp in the housing and now it is as good as new. The lamp I bought from the above link was the REAL Phillips lamp. It is a bit tricky to replace the lamp, but not that bad. Pretty good deal for $120, got 7000+ hours out of $120 lamp :P

-

post #3789 of 3811 Old 04-28-2014, 11:29 AM

Liked: 10
Hey guys, I am new to the projector scene with a somewhat recent W7000 purchase. I have been reading this thread to find out all I can about the projector (about 1/2 way through. I apologize if my questions have been answered). One of my big reasons for this projector was for the 3D. It was very disappointing to find out that it does not handle HSBS 3D at 24 FPS. It looks like complete crap. HOU is better but to me still unwatchable. Full 3D looks amazing. I have seen posts where people have been using a Mede8er to over come the 24 FPS as it does frame sequential. These are older posts so I just was looking to see if anyone can comment on the functionality of the Mede8er, does streaming a HSBS or HOU with it actually look decent? Is this the only way to stream the HSBS movies or is there something else out there that will do the job with the W7000?
post #3790 of 3811 Old 05-08-2014, 04:08 PM

changed recently my mainboard because the hdmi board not functioning . (no signal at all)

After change mainboard i tried some movies and saw randomly hdmi lose signal again, just for one sec. About one-two times in 2 hours.
I tried with htpc and another player with out success. I dind not try the other hdmi input yet. Also i will try another hdmi cable shorter in length. (this i use now is 7 meters length,and never had a handshake problem before)

But i am afraid maybe mainboard malfunctioning, If send iback for service the w7000, how the technician will detect this problem if this occurs randomly for only a sec. ?

I will post again when i try another cable. Anyone guess what happens.?
post #3791 of 3811 Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemos View Post

changed recently my mainboard because the hdmi board not functioning . (no signal at all)

After change mainboard i tried some movies and saw randomly hdmi lose signal again, just for one sec. About one-two times in 2 hours.
I tried with htpc and another player with out success. I dind not try the other hdmi input yet. Also i will try another hdmi cable shorter in length. (this i use now is 7 meters length,and never had a handshake problem before)

But i am afraid maybe mainboard malfunctioning, If send iback for service the w7000, how the technician will detect this problem if this occurs randomly for only a sec. ?

I will post again when i try another cable. Anyone guess what happens.?

I tried 2m hdmi cable and everything is fine.
post #3792 of 3811 Old 05-16-2014, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is there a way of changing the remote frequency so that I can adjust a dual setup separately?
post #3793 of 3811 Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone seen a post or video on how to take the W 7000 apart. I need to replace the fan, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks.
post #3794 of 3811 Old 06-21-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics View Post
Is there a way of changing the remote frequency so that I can adjust a dual setup separately?
I bought an iTach for my Roomie Remote, and now I can control each projector separately. This is great, I really like the versatility of using the iTach.
post #3795 of 3811 Old 08-30-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Well I am getting a W7000 from a great AVS friend. Great price and only a few hundred more than a W1070. I have had a W1070 for a few days and it's not bad but I already printed my Amazon return label. My first PJ coming from a decent Panasonic plasma. So instantly the black levels and contrast are noticeable. But I knew it wouldn't be as good. But a 100' screen makes up for it over a 50"! So this used model I am getting (ships out on Tuesday) has 600 hrs on the lamp. I am actually happy about that as I have read "some" have had issues with this PJ. Also are 4 pairs of 3d glasses coming with it. I have read the colors are very vivid and are very nice. Mainly I just want better blacks over the W1070. I know the W7500 has even better but I can't go there with the cost right now. This all happened from me deciding to get a "cheap" okay PJ until my big bonus time in March and then get a Sony 55ES. But if this is "good enough" for me then I will just keep it for awhile and grab an extra lamp until we buy a home and do a dedicated room. I expect PJ technology to be much progressed in the next 3-4 yrs as everything does. Perhaps 4K will be the norm then 3D is amazing I read so that will be fun. Never have been a 3d guy but it may convert me. Also I may be able to run in Eco mode with a 11.5ft throw distance on a 92" exact screen. I just bought a Silver Ticket cheap screen on Amazon. Nicely made aluminum frame and quality is great. But just a basic matte white "supposedly" 1.1 gain screen. Anyway hopefully all will go well

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Ticket-.../dp/B00DGVHZSA

DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build

My Setup Thread

Last edited by jlpowell84; 08-30-2014 at 03:58 PM.
post #3796 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Arrow

Iris is shot on my w7000. I see a lot with this issue; looks like a defective part.

Is benq doing anything for people out of warranty with this such as free repair or discount upgrade to w7500? Will call today, but would like to know what others were offered. Thanks.
post #3797 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Iris is shot on my w7000. I see a lot with this issue; looks like a defective part.

Is benq doing anything for people out of warranty with this such as free repair or discount upgrade to w7500? Will call today, but would like to know what others were offered. Thanks.
Ok, so BenQ wants to charge me $200 to fix the iris. This projector sells on eBay for like $950 brand new, I am thinking $200 to fix it is not worth the money.

coderguy, you are quite sure that the repaired W7000 units still have the faulty iris issue (i.e. software bug that will crop up again over time?) BenQ CSR seems to believe it is hardware related and that they have a hardware fix, but of course that could be incorrect info from a CSR.

I realize the unit is out of warranty but I am a bit annoyed that what appears to be a large manufacturing defect that affects a ton of units is not being covered by repair for free. It is a shame there is so little competition in the DLP field. I'd gladly pay an extra thousand for a more reliable/better made unit.
post #3798 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 43
IMO $200 seems resonable if they will pay the shipping both ways. I agree with you that the repair should be for free given that it is a fairly common issue. I had my unit replaced under warranty 3 times one of them for the IRIS issue. I am now using a used W6000 for my 2D viewing and use the W7000 only for 3D viewing as I am out of warranty.

Quote:
Ok, so BenQ wants to charge me $200 to fix the iris. This projector sells on eBay for like $950 brand new, I am thinking $200 to fix it is not worth the money.

coderguy, you are quite sure that the repaired W7000 units still have the faulty iris issue (i.e. software bug that will crop up again over time?) BenQ CSR seems to believe it is hardware related and that they have a hardware fix, but of course that could be incorrect info from a CSR.

I realize the unit is out of warranty but I am a bit annoyed that what appears to be a large manufacturing defect that affects a ton of units is not being covered by repair for free. It is a shame there is so little competition in the DLP field. I'd gladly pay an extra thousand for a more reliable/better made unit.

post #3799 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Where are you seeing brand new W7000's for 950.00?
post #3800 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1908 View Post
Where are you seeing brand new W7000's for 950.00?
Here is one that sold for $930:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BenQ-W70...item35d974e703

And another that sold for $1375:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BenQ-W70...item3392451769

There are others that were listed for higher prices, but none of them actually sold. Thus I am thinking of cost of repair + new bulb would make ebay final profit quite small if this is all they sell for brand new (and mine is used, cost of repair will likely cancel out extra money I'd get for fully functional projector). I am trying to calculate cost of repair+bulb vs. just buying a new unit and selling problematic one on eBay (with issue listed).

Last edited by Ruined; 09-04-2014 at 01:35 PM.
post #3801 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
IMO $200 seems resonable if they will pay the shipping both ways. I agree with you that the repair should be for free given that it is a fairly common issue. I had my unit replaced under warranty 3 times one of them for the IRIS issue. I am now using a used W6000 for my 2D viewing and use the W7000 only for 3D viewing as I am out of warranty.
My concern is that the price of repair + price of new bulb will be nearly half of the price brand new units actually sell for on eBay. If that is the case, I might be better selling the projector with issues listed and buying a new projector, as the value seems to have dropped tremendously on this one.

Further, it looks like there is no guarantee the repair will last in the long run based on other comments in the thread.

Also, a stand up company will bite the bullet and repair faulty electronics when there are truly defective parts/designs sold on a large scale. Look at Microsoft and all the money they ate on fixing XBOX 360s for free including free shipping both ways, or Onkyo repairing 809s with the HDMI board failure for free out of warranty.

Part of the reason I bought BenQ is I heard they had great customer service, that appears not to be the case. They included a part that was obviously defective on a large scale given the large number of units affected (BenQ on the phone even admitted so), yet they will not stand behind their defective product.

I will try some alternative consumer protection avenues and see where I can get... :/

Last edited by Ruined; 09-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.
post #3802 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Okay. I see them. They were out of Canada. If you come across any for that price again shoot me a pm, as I would grab one for that.
post #3803 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Per direction of BenQ social media, I called back customer support and got a different rep who said they would attempt to get a free repair. Will update w/ outcome (if anyone cares, lol!)
post #3804 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Based on your guys recent comment here do you think I have anything to worry about? I picked up a W7000 with 4 pairs of 3D glasses for a good price from a friend. He has 600 hrs on the bulb and has never had a single issue with it. I actually preferred that and may not have bought it otherwise as I read people has issues with this unit. But I figured it was a good one considering he has never had a single issue with it. Anyway your recent comments here have me "slightly" worried

My Setup Thread

post #3805 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I bought a refurb and I have put 10,000 hours on it without a single problem. Also, I wouldn't assume the w7500 has better blacks unless someone like Zombie10k did a side-by-side comparison and stated it as such.

The native on/off measurements are almost never correct by people online, and people have said that before when in fact the blacks are the same. I kind of doubt the black level contrast has doubled with the w7500 model as that would have required a complete redesign...

As far as the IRIS issue, never had the problem other than when I was adjusting it myself.

-

post #3806 of 3811 Old 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
I bought a refurb and I have put 10,000 hours on it without a single problem. Also, I wouldn't assume the w7500 has better blacks unless someone like Zombie10k did a side-by-side comparison and stated it as such.

The native on/off measurements are almost never correct by people online, and people have said that before when in fact the blacks are the same. I kind of doubt the black level contrast has doubled with the w7500 model as that would have required a complete redesign...

As far as the IRIS issue, never had the problem other than when I was adjusting it myself.
Sweet! I am gonna grab a couple bulbs from ebay and roll with the W7000 for as long as I can. Still have my 50" Panasonic plasma in the bedroom if I have an itch for a look at a excellent picture. But I like the double screen size and immersion factor. I know it's all old news to you guys but I am sure you can remember when you put up your first screen Also I am going to try and live with it on Eco mode as I am sitting 8.5ft from a 93" 1.1 gain screen

My Setup Thread

post #3807 of 3811 Old 09-05-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My concern is that the price of repair + price of new bulb will be nearly half of the price brand new units actually sell for on eBay. If that is the case, I might be better selling the projector with issues listed and buying a new projector, as the value seems to have dropped tremendously on this one.

Further, it looks like there is no guarantee the repair will last in the long run based on other comments in the thread.

Also, a stand up company will bite the bullet and repair faulty electronics when there are truly defective parts/designs sold on a large scale. Look at Microsoft and all the money they ate on fixing XBOX 360s for free including free shipping both ways, or Onkyo repairing 809s with the HDMI board failure for free out of warranty.

Part of the reason I bought BenQ is I heard they had great customer service, that appears not to be the case. They included a part that was obviously defective on a large scale given the large number of units affected (BenQ on the phone even admitted so), yet they will not stand behind their defective product.

I will try some alternative consumer protection avenues and see where I can get... :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1908 View Post
Okay. I see them. They were out of Canada. If you come across any for that price again shoot me a pm, as I would grab one for that.
Quote:
Per direction of BenQ social media, I called back customer support and got a different rep who said they would attempt to get a free repair. Will update w/ outcome (if anyone cares, lol!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Gentlemen, I got ahold of Ben Q and asked if they are doing anything to provide customer support to people having issues with the W7000 projector. I asked because in my research and interest in this unit it seemed the units were hit and miss as far as being reliable. They messaged me back and asked "What specific issues are you having or heard of?" What should I tell them besides what I read on Amazon? Off the top of my head it seems multiple people have had issues with the iris going out. Anyway seems like they are interested in knowing so I will tell all the issues I can find. Just trying to get some customer service

My Setup Thread

post #3808 of 3811 Old 09-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looks like the threads in my lens shift screw have stripped.Has anyone experienced this,I am hoping its not too difficult to fix myself.Guess I torqued on it too much,as it is pretty flimsy and did a poor job holding its place.
post #3809 of 3811 Old 09-09-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Gentlemen, I got ahold of Ben Q and asked if they are doing anything to provide customer support to people having issues with the W7000 projector. I asked because in my research and interest in this unit it seemed the units were hit and miss as far as being reliable. They messaged me back and asked "What specific issues are you having or heard of?" What should I tell them besides what I read on Amazon? Off the top of my head it seems multiple people have had issues with the iris going out. Anyway seems like they are interested in knowing so I will tell all the issues I can find. Just trying to get some customer service
Ok, due to the overwhelming responses!!! JK-ing I let them know about iris failures and other stuff I read on amazon or other places. A general report of W 7000 issues. BenQ replied with, "thank you for bring this to our attention."

My Setup Thread

post #3810 of 3811 Old 09-09-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post
Looks like the threads in my lens shift screw have stripped.Has anyone experienced this,I am hoping its not too difficult to fix myself.Guess I torqued on it too much,as it is pretty flimsy and did a poor job holding its place.
Good to know, thanks! I will be gentle with mine as my W 7000 arrives tomm!!!

My Setup Thread

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq , Projectors , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Dlp Projector 2000 1080p
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page