Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread - Page 128 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3811 of 3811 Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Well I have a a little time with this unit and coming from a very brief time with the Ben Q 1070 it is quit a bit better. I am not any where near the experience levels with projectors I have read about recently nor have I been through 30 units like AVS member SEEGS I think it was lol. Props to him for wheeling and dealing to get what he wants Anyway The picture in general is much more defined. Shadow detail is better and the crisp sharp picture teamed with my Oppo with Darbee processing makes for a picture that is not far behind my plasma I replaced. Black levels are not to a satisfying level but livable for sure to get this image size. I would say just a little better than the 1070, noticeable but not a big jump at all. So I am happy for what I payed with 600 lamp hrs and 4 pairs of 3D glasses. I will snag a couple bulbs and roll with this guy for as long as I can. I am looking into a square trade warranty for some coverage. I can hear the fan going mildly and the high pitch sound comes and goes but is really only noticeable when no audio is going. No audio is playing now and I just hear the fan. But I always have a "slight" ringing in my ears. Nothing bad but perhaps just enough to block it out. I only notice it if I think about it. Anyways obviously I am no professional reviewer but for what I payed I am very happy with this unit. And after I get past the led tv level blacks the picture is pretty dang good! I will roll through my Spears and Munsill video calibration disc in the next couple of days. If I labeled one complaint it would be the sharpness only having settings of 3-4 increments of change. A much more gradual change seems like it would be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq , Projectors , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Dlp Projector 2000 1080p
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page