Official BenQ W7000 Owners Thread - Page 130 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #3871 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by schm66 View Post
It is starting to get a bit dim at 2600 hours. Can anyone recommend a good bulb? What do I search for and how do I know if it is OK?
I'm afraid I can only contribute negative experiences. I had chased for an inexpensive replacement bulb and purchased 2:

One extra inexpensive bulb incl. housing from ProjectorLampsWorld for app. 130 USD. The brightness was a quarter (!) of the original bulb, and after 1 hour it exploded. The replacement didn't explode, but was as dim...

Then I checked, whether I could use the housing for an older original BenQ/Philips bulb, which I mounted inside the housing. This led the PJ to switch off immediately when using "normal", and to switch off after 5 minutes when using "Eco". Apparently a cooling problem.

The other bulb supposedly was an "original" version, but also had only app. 75% of the brightness of the original.

So when you used your original lamp for 2600 hours, then I strongly recommend to get a new one from BenQ, and not from any other supplier. Even if it is 3 times as expensive than the cheapest "compatible" one.

Falk Kuebler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by schm66 View Post
It is starting to get a bit dim at 2600 hours. Can anyone recommend a good bulb? What do I search for and how do I know if it is OK?
Here's a link to the bulb I bought last year (although it was $112 at that time). Works like a champ.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s00

Steven J
post #3873 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven414 View Post
Here's a link to the bulb I bought last year (although it was $112 at that time). Works like a champ.
But apparently not for everyone. Look at the reviews. It's this experience, which I made and which did cost me not only several hundred bucks, but also lots of angriness...

I stand with my recommendation to order one from BenQ. And then have another 2600 hours peace of mind.
Mike Butny likes this.

Falk Kuebler
post #3874 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebler View Post
But apparently not for everyone. Look at the reviews. It's this experience, which I made and which did cost me not only several hundred bucks, but also lots of angriness...

I stand with my recommendation to order one from BenQ. And then have another 2600 hours peace of mind.
Iv purchased 2 of those bulbs from amazon work just like original
post #3875 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebler View Post

Well I'm speaking for myself then when I say I had absolutely no problem with the bulb from Amazon. Worked just as good as the new original bulb that came with PJ.

Steven J
post #3876 of 3882 Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Worked just as good as the new original bulb that came with PJ.
Well, I'm used to measure brightness with a Luxmeter. And even those bulbs, which don't explode (or only endure at a quarter of the original lumen) like the one from ProjectorLampsWorld, even those tend to have only app. 75% of the lumen of the original BenQ bulb.

A normal user doesn't notice a 25% light loss at the beginning, because he compares this with his aged lamp, which at the end of the cycle may only have left app. 30..40% of the initial brightness level. But it means, that the whole cycle is shortened from the beginning.

I don't want to become boring, but I stand with my recommendation.

Falk Kuebler
post #3877 of 3882 Old 04-11-2016, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
inverted halves of the screen on start up

Hi guys,

I've been tolerating something that's been bugging me a lot and I've decided to ask for help. I've had this projector for almost 2 years now and about half the time, when I turn it on, the left and right sides of the screen are inverted... I found the solution was to press 3D then right arrow to put it back the right way. But it's pretty annoying having to do this all the time especially since changing 3D mode is sooooo slow.

I attached a picture to show what happens. The projector is ceiling mounted and upside down if it matters.

The thing that bugs me is that it only does it about half of the time, that's weird to me.

Any of you experienced this? Thanks for the help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160411_101101.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1371722  
post #3878 of 3882 Old 04-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxpowa View Post
Hi guys,

I've been tolerating something that's been bugging me a lot and I've decided to ask for help. I've had this projector for almost 2 years now and about half the time, when I turn it on, the left and right sides of the screen are inverted... I found the solution was to press 3D then right arrow to put it back the right way. But it's pretty annoying having to do this all the time especially since changing 3D mode is sooooo slow.

I attached a picture to show what happens. The projector is ceiling mounted and upside down if it matters.

The thing that bugs me is that it only does it about half of the time, that's weird to me.

Any of you experienced this? Thanks for the help
I also have mine ceiling mounted and in the 3-plus years I've owned the PJ I've never seen anything like that happen. Maybe you could try doing a factory reset.

Steven J
post #3879 of 3882 Old 04-13-2016, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I also have mine ceiling mounted and in the 3-plus years I've owned the PJ I've never seen anything like that happen. Maybe you could try doing a factory reset.
Tried that... Reset all settings or something and did not work. Guess I'll be stuck with this minor inconvenience.
post #3880 of 3882 Old 06-24-2016, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I also am having issues with my w7000. Last fall it started kicking off randomly and showing the red lamp error light. Replacing the lamp didn't resolve the issue so in December I had Benq service do a diagnostic on it and they said all they could find was the blower was dirty and replaced it.

Now the problem is occurring again, plus I am now getting another issue where randomly the colors on the screen will start to severely flicker and then the projector throws orange/red light combo and shuts down. The color flicker occurs most frequently when I switch inputs on my receiver or first power on and sometimes, but not always, will stop if I select a different setting mode or temporarily switch inputs on the projector. Almost the entire screen flickers and colors are not accurate at all. I haven't made any changes to my set up and it worked ok for 5-6 months since it was last serviced. Also, once the flickering begins, it occurs on menu screens, etc, even on different inputs that aren't being used so it doesn't seem to be HDMI cable related or specific to my set up. Any thoughts on what could be causing the flicker issue?
post #3881 of 3882 Old 06-24-2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If u have the iris turned on see if it still does this after u turn iris off i was having some problems with mine works fine after i turned iris off
post #3882 of 3882 Old 09-11-2016, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well guys I did something I would not recommend,but it worked for me.I had either some dust or a spider web inside my projector that was really annoying me to the point of desperation as you could see it on the image.Pulling the projector appart to clean it looked to be too much of an ordeal with the risk of causing more damage.I figured some air blown into the unit might solve the problem,but was thinking what I had around the house that could do the job?Well out came my leaf blower from the garage.I pulled out the bulb housing and started blowing,quite a bit of stuff came flying out.I blew threw every opening I could see,being careful not to get too close or use the full force.Turned on the projector.......problem solved!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq , Projectors , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Dlp Projector 2000 1080p
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page