Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 3794 Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok,can't find an answer -

I've been in the service menu but might not understand the area to change -

We would like access to the position menu in the reg menu or what will do the same thing in the Service menu.

Goal here is to hide the scores showing on the bottom of the ESPN games and during NFL Games -

In the regular menu the Position menu is grey out.

Any Tips here? HELP PLEASE -

Putting something in front of the LENS is not ok & ugly!

Also looking for a way to stop the projector going into no signal mode when
I change from direct TV guide menu to a channel.. ( does some type of searching - I turned off Auto source Search )
very annoying and then I have to put back the 3X when I want to stop the RBE -

cool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 3794 Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearbox View Post

Are the football games your watching in 3d? Or is this a 2d reference? I am only able to test 2D on my end, but I seem to have a lot of fuzziness and some dirty pixels (don't know how to say it) around objects such as players. This seems to be sporadic and based on the quality of the channel, but I have yet to see anything that really blows me away on the dish joey (except Hugo the other day). I keep hearing how sharp these projectors are, and on bluray mine looks excellent, but on the dish joey it looks very sub par. I am still trouble shooting, and my next step is to switch the Hopper and Joey around.
On a side note, it does seem that I can't quite focus the projector correctly, images look great, but not razor sharp. I am new to projectors, so this may just be the case with them.
For all the above, I have the sharpness set to full and the clarity setting set to 3. Anything below and the screen just looks fuzzy.

My football watchingis in 2D on Cablevision. I suspect that your source is introducing noise that is being amplified by the projector.
post #2163 of 3794 Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by washerebefore View Post

Ok,can't find an answer -
I've been in the service menu but might not understand the area to change -
We would like access to the position menu in the reg menu or what will do the same thing in the Service menu.
Goal here is to hide the scores showing on the bottom of the ESPN games and during NFL Games -
In the regular menu the Position menu is grey out.
Any Tips here? HELP PLEASE -
Putting something in front of the LENS is not ok & ugly!
Also looking for a way to stop the projector going into no signal mode when
I change from direct TV guide menu to a channel.. ( does some type of searching - I turned off Auto source Search )
very annoying and then I have to put back the 3X when I want to stop the RBE -

cool.gif

Just thought I'd give you my best guess.

It sounds like the cable box is changing resolutions. The solution to this I believe can only be found in the cable box settings. The projector will go into no signal mode and change resolutions only if the source is changing. Are you going back and forth between HD and SD channels? I stick to the HD 1080i channels on my cable TV. In the settings I have it set to 1080i for resolution, and the menu itself comes up at the same resolution as the source material that is playing. If you want the SD channels to stretch out, it will have to go into no signal mode first while it changes to 480p or whatever resolution the SD signal is. You should also be able to set it to stay at 1080i or 720p regardless of SD or HD channel, you just have to deal with the black borders.
post #2164 of 3794 Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Thanks, for guessing...Here some more info..Starz channel HD 1080P and will go to the next channel which is also 1080P. That's fine..
I think it has to do with my Onkyo receiver.. but I had a Sony 720P Projector before and it never lost signal..would be nice to just turn off that lost signal effect the W7000 does..
There is a setting in the regular menu for this and it's off. But the projector acts like I'm changing connections.. If I use my cable box or direct TV or my Sony DVR it does the same thing going from the menus too channel too watch.. Menus are HD ..I never watch SD channels.. Looking for a fix too stop W7000 from doing this. Some type of autosence the unit uses..

Still need a way to use screen adjustment that is greyed out for HDMI connection..
post #2165 of 3794 Old 09-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The bulb on my old Benq8720 gave up on me last night. 4035 hours of bulb life. Not bad at all but it was getting rather dark the past 500 hours though. I could just get another bulb but I'm still wanting the W7000.
Best Buy has it on the web site.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-433333759101002939&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&st=benq+w7000

If I can pay it off in 18 months it would be interest free and they will ship it to my local store to pick up. Thoughts? Sad because before summer I saved up for the W7000 but then all the weird reports came in and the money got put to more important uses. Now with my current PJ out of commision I have the itch to buy again and no cash. frown.gif
post #2166 of 3794 Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Nope my cable causes the same issue - it's got to be the combo of my Onkyo receiver and the delay it has sometimes - I just need the project to stop searching for a signal because it's there- My Sony LCD projector had no issue - what's the worst is the W7000 erases your settings you input on the Service menu every time it makes that change -
post #2167 of 3794 Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

If I can pay it off in 18 months it would be interest free and they will ship it to my local store to pick up. Thoughts? Sad because before summer I saved up for the W7000 but then all the weird reports came in and the money got put to more important uses. Now with my current PJ out of commision I have the itch to buy again and no cash. frown.gif

Wow, maybe you should take my title of "Projector Junkie" instead of me. Now this is a true projector junkie ("yo, out of cash, need fast cash for my PJ Fix")...

Not one to give financial advice, but I would be weary of those financing deals from retailers, if you miss a payment or something accidentally, they often screw you over.
I don't know about Best Buy's policy specifically, but there always gotchas on those deals (they don't give you financing just to be nice).

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #2168 of 3794 Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM

I bought a new Benq W7000 projector recently. It looks like it has the auto iris problem that other have experienced. So far it doesn't seem to happen during movies, only during games (perhaps because there are more sudden brightness changes in games?) If I turn off the dynamic black setting it seems to work ok. Benq hasn't responded to my online support request. I bought it on ebay and despite thinking I was buying from an Australian seller (the item location was "Australia" after all) it turns out I was mislead and they are saying I have to return it to the US (at my cost) for repair/replacement. I have lodged a PayPal dispute but that doesn't solve my problem. Is there any known solution to this, other than to return it? How much difference does the dynamic black setting make? Otherwise, this seems to be a great projector.
post #2169 of 3794 Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
I was curious how much audio delay people are using in their AVR (to compensate for video processing time in the W7000).

Michael
post #2170 of 3794 Old 09-23-2012, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I forgot about that 24% default interest rate. Suprisingly 24 is also the number of inches on my computer monitor. 106 inch projector no longer working, default to 24 inch monitor. ourch
Even with all the weird reports the W7000 gets. It is still the best solution for my room. I really want one. Not much else has a 1.62 or smaller throw with lens shift for shelf mounting.
Or is there?
post #2171 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Hi all, I am looking to get a new receiver. Mostly because I want to clean up video feeds from my cable box. I currently have a dvdo edge green and it does almost nothing. Was curious what my fellow Benq w7000 users are using for a receiver.Thanks.

James Reid:D
post #2172 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Liked: 12
Hey guys, I have an epson 8500ub and I am really interested in 3d. I am wondering if anyone here has had my projector I have and moved to this one. I am very interested in the 3d. I want it to have no crosstalk and look accurate. ie. color looks correct as well. It will be paired with an HP 106 screen that I already have. I can't stand for the colors not to be correct so I never take the epson out of thx mode. Anyway, I am someone who can see rainbows. Will I see them with this projector? My room is a light controlled room in my basement, but has light beige walls and carpet. Will I notice a big difference in black levels. I love all the star wars, Harry potter, Star Trek, Dark Knight,and so on movies that have a lot of dark scenes in them. Will I be disappointed in the blacks or are they somewhat similar? Thanks for your input.
post #2173 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Two projector setup possible?
Keep Epson for dark movies, use Benq for 3d?

Benq's blacks won't be close to Epson 8500ub.

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #2174 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM

Have you considered doing a passive setup with another 8500? The ulimate 3d and not too far off in price. There is a good thread in this forum.
post #2175 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM

I have looked into it a bit. I tried the hd fury to make it 3d using active shutter but it had way too much flicker. I have seen some of the kits like the omega, but it looks completely ridiculous. I think I would look less silly slapping a welders mask on my face with polarizers on it than I would wearing those glasses. They need some work! Anyway, I want the 3d to be crosstalk free and bright. I think I read somewhere that you still get crosstalk and ghosting with passive. I think passive would be great if those areas are addressed. I have also seen the 3d now boxes that are supposedly on the way but I would like to hear how they actually work and how bad a 3d picture would be from overlapped signals. Not to mention the price. I have been waiting a while for 3d to work. I finally saw 3d in the theater that was really good which got me excited to see it at home. Until seeing brave in 3d at the theater my previous experiences had been horrible. Avatar, pirates of the Caribbean and something else were dark, fuzzy and I just didn't like it . Brave was bright, clear, no motion artifacts or blurring and most of all after a while you forgot you were watching 3d because you we're watching the movie because you we're not seeing any problems.
post #2176 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I am with you, unless Zombie or someone we know that was an expert at evaluating 3D tested the passive setups and gave it a good review with Pro's and Con's, then I cannot bring myself to try it.
I have seen very little credible reviews comparing such systems at the level of detail that Zombie's posts provided.

post #2177 of 3794 Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt17 View Post

Hey guys, I have an epson 8500ub and I am really interested in 3d. I am wondering if anyone here has had my projector I have and moved to this one. I am very interested in the 3d. I want it to have no crosstalk and look accurate. ie. color looks correct as well. It will be paired with an HP 106 screen that I already have. I can't stand for the colors not to be correct so I never take the epson out of thx mode. Anyway, I am someone who can see rainbows. Will I see them with this projector? My room is a light controlled room in my basement, but has light beige walls and carpet. Will I notice a big difference in black levels. I love all the star wars, Harry potter, Star Trek, Dark Knight,and so on movies that have a lot of dark scenes in them. Will I be disappointed in the blacks or are they somewhat similar? Thanks for your input.

Why not keep the 8500 for 2D and use the W7000 for 3D? I am guessing you have the Epson center of the screen for max gain on the HP? I setup a shelf to hold 2 projectors and currently use the RS55 for 2D and the W7000 for 3D. The W7000 will torch that relatively 'small' HP (compared to my 142" HP) with 3D brightness that will be noticeably brighter than at most theaters.

If you combine the W7000 with quality 3D glasses like the Optoma ZD201's, you'll get great results in 3D. I've color calibrated my W7000 behind the 3D glasses, so colors look very natural in 3D mode even with the tinted lenses.

There is no doubt the 8500 will have better blacks in 2D mode compared to the W7000. The W7000's main strengths are very bright in 2D mode, (~1500 lumens), bright 3D mode (~1100 lumens) and a decent color management system.
post #2178 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

I was curious how much audio delay people are using in their AVR (to compensate for video processing time in the W7000).
Michael

I was hoping someone could answer this. I wanted to see if I would get lip sync issues without using an AVR.

Thanks.

Michael
post #2179 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've used the W7000 with a Pioneer SC-07, SC-68 and Denon 4311 without any lip sync issues. Also with various sources as well - 3D BD player, network media device (Micca EP950) and my HTPC as well.
post #2180 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Is the 3d good to the point it allows you to see the movie instead of concentrating on the 3d affect? This is what I want. I want a mature refined implementation of the tech. It needs to feel like part of the experience and not a gimmick experience.
post #2181 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 PM

I keep getting to the last click before buying it and stopping. !!! Is there something else I should wait for or another projector as good. Really want to make sure the purchase I make is the right one.
post #2182 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the 3d good to the point it allows you to see the movie instead of concentrating on the 3d affect? This is what I want. I want a mature refined implementation of the tech. It needs to feel like part of the experience and not a gimmick experience.
Quote:

I keep getting to the last click before buying it and stopping. !!! Is there something else I should wait for or another projector as good. Really want to make sure the purchase I make is the right one.

If you have an HP and willing to keep the 8500 for 2D, the answer is yes. I enjoy watching 3D on the W7000 (and my 142" 2.8 HP) every chance I get. I've seen Titanic 3D twice and Avengers 3D 7 times, plus a number of my other 3D favorites. The 3D has zero crosstalk and zero flicker.. this makes it very easy on the eyes. I can watch 3D for ~4 hours with no eye fatigue.

make sure and buy the Optoma ZD201 glasses, they are the best match for the W7000, but the 1/2 price True Depth 3D from amazon work very good as well.
post #2183 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 04:39 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Wow, maybe you should take my title of "Projector Junkie" instead of me. Now this is a true projector junkie ("yo, out of cash, need fast cash for my PJ Fix")...
Not one to give financial advice, but I would be weary of those financing deals from retailers, if you miss a payment or something accidentally, they often screw you over.
I don't know about Best Buy's policy specifically, but there always gotchas on those deals (they don't give you financing just to be nice).

You definitely need to be wary of those offers. However, just looking in their policy it clearly states that if you make all the payments on time that they won't charge you interest. However, what they get you on is that if you don't pay by 18mo, they assume you never paid anything for that 18 months and charge you interest accordingly. So, on your initial $2100, if you haven't paid it off, you'd owe $773.66 in interest. Unless you can guarantee you'll have the money, then I wouldn't go for it.

Look on ebay for the W7000. There's a guy selling one for $1799, I believe. PayPal has the BillMeLater program which will give you the same offer as BestBuy. Only difference is you have to qualify for the loan amount, though I'd assume Best Buy has a similar policy.

post #2184 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM

One final question. Do you see rainbows on this projector. Are they easily seen. I haven't had time to read throughout the thread but was wondering how prominent they are. Also I can't find the glasses you are talking about. I only see the true depth dip link. Do
O these work well and I have heard that dip link have dropouts. Does this happen and if so is there a way to use rf glasses. Thanks
post #2185 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Some reported it had a 6x color wheel mode if you change it to Dynamic mode.
He doesn't see much rainbows, I think he said an occasional one but not often enough to bother him.

post #2186 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I've used the W7000 with a Pioneer SC-07, SC-68 and Denon 4311 without any lip sync issues. Also with various sources as well - 3D BD player, network media device (Micca EP950) and my HTPC as well.

So you are not using any receiver delay at all, or you are using all these sources with no lip sync issues after setting the delay?

I would like to send video to the W7000, and audio to a standard analog stereo amplifier, which does not have a delay feature. I'm afraid I may get some lip sync issues, though.

Michael
post #2187 of 3794 Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't use any receiver delays. I haven't see this discussion in a while, it's generally not an issue with today's equipment.

What is the video / audio source?
post #2188 of 3794 Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I don't use any receiver delays. I haven't see this discussion in a while, it's generally not an issue with today's equipment.
What is the video / audio source?

Thaks for the info. It's an common issue on the TV forums, and sometimes on the Under 3K Projector forum, so I thought I would ask.

The input source is a Dish Network reciever, and home theater PC.

Michael
post #2189 of 3794 Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Why can't projectors be things you can see before you buy. I hate sending stuff back. I was so hoping for this to be awesome, but holly cow I am the king of RAINBOW sensitivity!!! Hooked it up turn on the adjustment screen and its a rainbow party. Hoping this would just be from that I began to watch a few shows. Whenever I moved my eyes or blinked there they are. After a while I could tell I was beginning to feel nauseous. SO now I get to send this back to amazon and the 3d glasses back when they get here tomorrow. So where the heck do I go from here if I want to actually have a great 3d experience since apparently DLP's are out!!! UGGHHH!!!!
post #2190 of 3794 Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you try the w7000 in dynamic mode and ensure the foot lamberts were below 18?
If the image is too bright, RBE sensitive people will be inundated on a 4x color wheel, but dynamic mode is supposed to have a 6x color wheel mode.

I would try making the image real big temporarily (even off the screen) to decrease brightness to the point that is normal so that you can test RBE in dynamic mode.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq , Projectors , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Dlp Projector 2000 1080p
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page