Projector for Hospital - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am helping a friend with suggestions for a high-end projector to use in the radiology department of a hospital to view powerpoint presentations, medical imaging (MRI scans, CT scans, ultrasound exams, radiographs) and the like. The most important feature will be contrast. Ideally, the screen size will be 100". There are no windows in the room where this would be placed, so the room can get completely dark. Happy for any suggestions or help (including for ancillary matters like the screen and installation).

Thanks as always

edit: happy to have this moved to the sub 3k projector sub-forum if that would be sufficient for these purposes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Liked: 17
For medical imaging I'd go with 2560*1600 or even up to 4K.

2560 is the highest resolution for 30" flat panels and pc's and this nice expensive LED powered DLP:
http://www.projectiondesign.com/products/fl35-wqxga
2560 x 1600 resolution
2nd Gen Solid State LED
Designed for 24/7 operation
Up to 100.000 hrs service life

Check with the industry rep's in this field. This is a good starting point.

Carl Zeiss makes DLP projectors for planetariums. If you really want to knock their socks off, get this with extremely high contrast:

http://www.zeiss.de/planetariums
post #3 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziwanka View Post

I am helping a friend with suggestions for a high-end projector to use in the radiology department of a hospital to view powerpoint presentations, medical imaging (MRI scans, CT scans, ultrasound exams, radiographs) and the like. The most important feature will be contrast. Ideally, the screen size will be 100". There are no windows in the room where this would be placed, so the room can get completely dark. Happy for any suggestions or help (including for ancillary matters like the screen and installation).

Thanks as always

edit: happy to have this moved to the sub 3k projector sub-forum if that would be sufficient for these purposes.

Hello, I am the Administrator for an academic Radiology Dept. I just had this projector demoed.

http://panasonic.com/business/projectors/PT-DZ570U.asp

We will use it in our training room to teach residents. My focus was what you stated, contrast. This one it very good and the one I am choosing. I had a Panny AE7000 in or conference room and the 570 blew the 7000 away on a 120" screen for blacks, whites and shades of gray.

By the way, I don't think you will touch one with great contrast for under $3K. This one was closer to $7K. You don't need a diagnostic qualilty projector or even the high res one mentioned above unless they are pulling images straight out of their PACS. Even then it's questionable.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Liked: 32
Also, you may want to look at some of the church's in your area that use a/v during their sermons. Also may want to check with larger hotels that do conferences, and local a/v companies. The one thing that I would want if it was me, would be a network capable projector, so that anyone on the network if you needed them to send a image to it, especially radiology, could do it, without you having to figure out which shared drive, workstation, then find out you could not access.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-06-2012, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thanks so much guys. i'll relay the great info in this thread
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page