post #451 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post

Optoma is 4x in 2D (6x in 3D). Sharp is 5x in 2D.

Care to go into this in more detail? I have never read this and it sounds physically impossible. The Optoma runs at 120hz 2D and 3D mode. Why would the color wheel speed up for 3D?

If the Optoma ran at 60hz in 2D and 120hz in 3D mode (like some LCD Tvs), I could understand it going from 4X to 8X.

I am not saying you are not correct, but I'd like to know. Thanks

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
There are reviews as well as independent tests. For example (see the part about color wheel).
Oscillograms for 60 Hz 2D http://fotkidepo.ru/?id=photo:774081 240 Hz corresponds to 4x wheel speed. In 24 Hz it is even slighy slower - around 200 Hz (x3.33 wheel speed). That explains why you see RBE. I can also see RBE on HD33. I didn't see it on Z30000 when I owned one.
post #453 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There are reviews as well as independent tests. For example (see the part about color wheel).
Oscillograms for 60 Hz 2D http://fotkidepo.ru/?id=photo:774081 240 Hz corresponds to 4x wheel speed. In 24 Hz it is even slighy slower - around 200 Hz (x3.33 wheel speed). That explains why you see RBE. I can also see RBE on HD33. I didn't see it on Z30000 when I owned one.

And why did you get rid of the z30000?

post #454 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Can anyone who has recently purchased this projector comment on the calibration controls. T

This review from 2012 states what his had, hoping the firmware was update with at least a standard 2point WB

http://www.hometheater.com/content/sharp-xv-z30000-3d-dlp-video-projector
snip-it from page 2
"Out of the box, and after properly setting its Brightness, Contrast, and Sharpness controls, the Sharp produced a subjectively good picture. Its color balance was definitely off, but not in a way that would be obvious to most viewers. Once the lamp had settled in, however, a full calibration improved matters significantly. But as noted earlier, short of that new firmware, there were simply not enough color controls, with sufficient flexibility, to massage the projector into a first-class calibration. "
post #455 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Can anyone who has recently purchased this projector comment on the calibration controls. T

This review from 2012 states what his had, hoping the firmware was update with at least a standard 2point WB

http://www.hometheater.com/content/sharp-xv-z30000-3d-dlp-video-projector
snip-it from page 2
"Out of the box, and after properly setting its Brightness, Contrast, and Sharpness controls, the Sharp produced a subjectively good picture. Its color balance was definitely off, but not in a way that would be obvious to most viewers. Once the lamp had settled in, however, a full calibration improved matters significantly. But as noted earlier, short of that new firmware, there were simply not enough color controls, with sufficient flexibility, to massage the projector into a first-class calibration. "

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1434826/sony-hw50-benq-w7000-epson-5020-jvc-rs55-jvc-rs-46-jvc-rs4810-jvc-rs56-mini-shootout-2012-2013/3960#post_23189392

I did a deep dive into this recently, the results here are the best you can expect with the limited built in controls. The CMS imo might as well not be there to begin with, it has little control over the color space.

There is only a 1 point adjustment for WB. It's workable, but not ideal since you can't control the offsets. Also, there is really only 1 color mode which is what you see in the charts I posted. The main issue is the low luminance for red and green, I couldn't find a way to pull then back to low dE's.

We spoke to Tom Norton, it appears the software used in the review was not meant for general release. There is no update to the current firmware.

so folks don't take my comments the wrong way, most viewers won't recognize the color space dE's, but it's far off enough to frustrate color calibrators / perfectionists. The lumagen + 125 pt autocal had little effect on the overall color space.
post #456 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1434826/sony-hw50-benq-w7000-epson-5020-jvc-rs55-jvc-rs-46-jvc-rs4810-jvc-rs56-mini-shootout-2012-2013/3960#post_23189392

I did a deep dive into this recently, the results here are the best you can expect with the limited built in controls. The CMS imo might as well not be there to begin with, it has little control over the color space.

There is only a 1 point adjustment for WB. It's workable, but not ideal since you can't control the offsets. Also, there is really only 1 color mode which is what you see in the charts I posted. The main issue is the low luminance for red and green, I couldn't find a way to pull then back to low dE's.

We spoke to Tom Norton, it appears the software used in the review was not meant for general release. There is no update to the current firmware.

so folks don't take my comments the wrong way, most viewers won't recognize the color space dE's, but it's far off enough to frustrate color calibrators / perfectionists. The lumagen + 125 pt autocal had little effect on the overall color space.

Thanks!!! I think I will take this one off the list even though there are a boat load of other things that really are great at the price point. Then again.. if it drops to 12-1500 it may be worth living with!
post #457 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Indeed, I was tempted as well but knew my evil perfectionist eyes would never forgive me.

Jason
post #458 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

And why did you get rid of the z30000?
I just couldn't live with the picture knowing that this would be the best I will ever get. Having CRT monitor calibrated to perfection side by side wasn't helping either. This projector isn't for people who are anal about proper calibration for sure. I am now trying my luck with Mitsubishi HC5. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467628/official-mitsubishi-hc5-owners-thread

If I were to choose a single DLP under $2000 now I'd probably settle on BenQ W7000. I've seen it and liked it. I only had reservation about contrast and black level. But now that I saw Z30000 and its dynamic iris I think the difference between them aren't huge in this regard. I'd rather take sharper and more proper calibrated image of W7000 now.
post #459 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Personally, for the projectors I have had in the past, I have not had them calibrated professionally as they were good and mostly accurate out of the box. I have definitely enjoyed them and still do. Art has posted his settings on his site, and had this to say:
Quote:
With our settings you should have color superior to almost all projectors "right out of the box" without adjustments, though probably not as good as some THX modes.

Noted, for the perfectionist who can only look at what a FP produces by first looking at how the calibration dots/numbers are align, then they would not like any FP until they get those dots aligned, then they are those that would enjoy what their eyes see regardless of how the dots are align. Regardless, I am yet to find a single credible reviewer that would not get the XV-Z30000 as their own PJ, in fact, even with the lack of color perfection, they have all raved about it. Check reviews by Tom Norton, Art Feierman, Eddie Dufour etc.

===================================
My Riser | My LED Star Ceiling | My HTPC Build
post #460 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 16
I took this from my awful z17000.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
post #461 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradewinds View Post

Personally, for the projectors I have had in the past, I have not had them calibrated professionally as they were good and mostly accurate out of the box. I have definitely enjoyed them and still do. Art has posted his settings on his site, and had this to say:
Noted, for the perfectionist who can only look at what a FP produces by first looking at how the calibration dots/numbers are align, then they would not like any FP until they get those dots aligned, then they are those that would enjoy what their eyes see regardless of how the dots are align. Regardless, I am yet to find a single credible reviewer that would not get the XV-Z30000 as their own PJ, in fact, even with the lack of color perfection, they have all raved about it. Check reviews by Tom Norton, Art Feierman, Eddie Dufour etc.

I agreed with tradewinds. I've seen HW50, HC5, AE8000, 5020UB, W1070 recently and Z3000's color is really no worser than them. I didn't have any complaints watching the Sharp OOTB. You really need to see this projector for yourself instead of just looking at the CIE chart.
post #462 of 1743 Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

The bottom line is that everybody has different parameters that are important. Since I can't see all the options, I have chosen to follow the various reviewers over the years.
Art at Projector Reviews is a stand up guy. He will respond to your emails, and tries to help. He understands that many of us have lives that include limited budgets and WAF factors. That's why he breaks down his ratings in terms of "bang for the buck". His opinion was that the Z30000 was the best value available at the price point. Considering the amount of projectors he's seen, I consider his a very informed opinion.
In any case, I appreciate the dialog. If we all likes the same things, then it wouldn't be as interesting...
There are times when I wonder if some of the AVS people actually watch content (movies and sports).
What ever your machine, the key is to enjoy the show. smile.gif
post #463 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just my .02...

I see some are downplaying the issue and that is fine (for you) if you are not someone that cares as much for a properly calibrated image.

For those of us that have been watching D65/6500K for years it is a legitimate concern and we have every right to feel that way (certainly as much right as those feeling it's great as is).

The fact is that this model will not calibrate as accurate as many other models, however... this does not mean that it is not capable of a great image (nobody here is saying it's awful rolleyes.gif).

When you have been watching properly calibrated images for years it takes much less error to cause distraction from the image, it's unfortunate but true.

As an example I spent roughly 18 hours (over the course of three nights) calibrating every last drop of inaccuracy out of my AE4000, it may sound ridiculous to some of you but it's now likely one of the most accurate AE4000's ever and has taken on a whole new level of performance versus using out of the box presets with calibration discs (as the majority do). Those that have calibrated an AE series Panasonic can hopefully appreciate that level of dedication to getting it right with all of the severe interactions (in Eco lamp but Normal mode for added lumen's versus the more accurate out of the box presets).

On the other hand my w1070 is more accurate out of the box than what the Sharp is capable of post calibration but even with that level of out of the box accuracy I can still see some errors here and there (and yes that is with actual content and not test patterns).

So bottom line here is that no matter how much some of you may wish to discount the issue it remains unchanged and some of us do care about our viewing being as accurate as possible.

Jason

- - - - - -
post #464 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

The voice of reason! Couldn't have put it better myself, Jason. For those of us who have been watching a Rec.709/D65 calibrated picture for years there's no need for tools to tell if the picture is wrong. You become susceptible to the smallest flaws, you just see them and you can't 'unsee' it. Tools only verify them. Is that a bad thing, is that a curse? I don't think so. It's the same as saying that ignorance is a bliss. You won't improve as a person staying in ignorance forever.
So I did my part and warned a little group of people who cares. For others, you may disregard the part about color accuracy (and input lag) and just enjoy your best value projector!

P.S. To those who thought that I haven't seen this projector: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1386035/sharp-xv-z30000-3d-dlp/360#post_23177770
post #465 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just couldn't live with the picture knowing that this would be the best I will ever get. Having CRT monitor calibrated to perfection side by side wasn't helping either. This projector isn't for people who are anal about proper calibration for sure. I am now trying my luck with Mitsubishi HC5. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467628/official-mitsubishi-hc5-owners-thread

If I were to choose a single DLP under $2000 now I'd probably settle on BenQ W7000. I've seen it and liked it. I only had reservation about contrast and black level. But now that I saw Z30000 and its dynamic iris I think the difference between them aren't huge in this regard. I'd rather take sharper and more proper calibrated image of W7000 now.

Thanks for the input. As one with a colorimeter and software, I have calibrated every display in the house and would likely have some issues. So, now I am truly in quandary. Given the lack of RBE in 3D mode on the Optoma, I am wondering if I should go back to an LCD for 2D viewing and keep the Optoma strictly for 3D. s I stated earlier, I have the Optoma dialed in and the picture is great. I just have issues with RBE in that it takes me out of the picture often.

As for the BenQ, what is the color wheel speed?

post #466 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Just my .02...

I see some are downplaying the issue and that is fine (for you) if you are not someone that cares as much for a properly calibrated image.

For those of us that have been watching D65/6500K for years it is a legitimate concern and we have every right to feel that way (certainly as much right as those feeling it's great as is).

The fact is that this model will not calibrate as accurate as many other models, however... this does not mean that it is not capable of a great image (nobody here is saying it's awful rolleyes.gif).

When you have been watching properly calibrated images for years it takes much less error to cause distraction from the image, it's unfortunate but true.

As an example I spent roughly 18 hours (over the course of three nights) calibrating every last drop of inaccuracy out of my AE4000, it may sound ridiculous to some of you but it's now likely one of the most accurate AE4000's ever and has taken on a whole new level of performance versus using out of the box presets with calibration discs (as the majority do). Those that have calibrated an AE series Panasonic can hopefully appreciate that level of dedication to getting it right with all of the severe interactions (in Eco lamp but Normal mode for added lumen's versus the more accurate out of the box presets).

On the other hand my w1070 is more accurate out of the box than what the Sharp is capable of post calibration but even with that level of out of the box accuracy I can still see some errors here and there (and yes that is with actual content and not test patterns).

So bottom line here is that no matter how much some of you may wish to discount the issue it remains unchanged and some of us do care about our viewing being as accurate as possible.

Jason

- - - - - -

My $.02
The reason we have the forums is to discuss different points of view.
FWIW, we have a Panasonic VT series plasma for "TV" use. There is no doubt that it puts out a superb picture, way better than the Sharp.
To reiterate, I "hear" you that your priority is 2D color accuracy. We needed something with powered lens controls, placement flexibility and sharp 3D, with a high build quality and good warranty. I've been a DLP fan for years, I understand that the various software tweaks (like Reality Creation) have improved perceived sharpness, but DLP still has the edge (PJ humor) in native sharpness. Color accuracy was way down the list. At $2k, the compromise has to be somewhere. Again, I'm amazed at the image of the Z30000 at that price level.
I really wanted the Sony w95es, but even in B-stock it was out of our budget range...In fact, I'm hoping that the next time we buy a projector, the replacement for the w95es will be "in play" and discounted enough for us to purchase it. In the mean time, I will strive to enjoy what we have (the key to life, IMO).
We just watched "The Bourne Legacy" on the Z-30000. It was sharp, clear and vibrant. I did not notice if the colors were "off at all...
We were on the edge of our seats for the entire film. Isn't that what the movies are all about?
Best
post #467 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

As for the BenQ and the Mits, what is the color wheel speed?
Mitsubishi is an LCoS machine (SXRD to be more precise) with 20000+:1 native contrast. Of course, RBE is absent as class in these machines. Do some research and read about HC5 and HC9000 (basically the same units). Some of the best reviews (use google translate or something):
http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/MitsubishiHC9000/HC9000Test.htm
http://www.ixbt.com/dvd/mitsubishi-hc9000d.shtml
http://www.hifitest.de/test/beamer/mitsubishi-hc9000_4367.php#
http://www.audiovideohd.fr/tests/279-Mitsubishi-HC9000-0.html
http://www.erenumerique.fr/mitsubishi_hc9000d_la_3d_mieux_qu_au_cinema-article-6-1.html

BenQ W7000 has 3x physical max wheel speed (6x resulting speed due to RGBRGB color wheel). You may use a mode called "Dynamic" to achieve 3x speed. By default this mode is overly green so it needs calibration.
post #468 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post

I did not notice if the colors were "off at all...
We were on the edge of our seats for the entire film. Isn't that what the movies are all about?
Best

Nor do 99.9999% of people.. just look at any TV once it is in the home of the average joe.. eek.gif Hate watching stuff at other peoples houses.. They call calibration an Enthusiast hobby but is more like an infections that consume you.. Glad you are enjoying your projector, the many high end options the Z30000 has can certainly outweigh the minor issues with calibrations as most don't pay $400 every 6months to a year to have there projector calibrated. Those that buy their own gear.. well you just heard from us. wink.gif
post #469 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Nor do 99.9999% of people.. just look at any TV once it is in the home of the average joe.. eek.gif Hate watching stuff at other peoples houses.. They call calibration an Enthusiast hobby but is more like an infections that consume you.. Glad you are enjoying your projector, the many high end options the Z30000 has can certainly outweigh the minor issues with calibrations as most don't pay $400 every 6months to a year to have there projector calibrated. Those that buy their own gear.. well you just heard from us. wink.gif

Doug,
I can relate to a "hobby that consumes you". I have one of those. eek.gif
I'm just grateful that it does not involve the serial purchase of $5000 toys....
Enjoy, however you do it.
That's what it's all about...

smile.gif
post #470 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Boy....do I remember when I was a boy and we had a 19" then moved up to a 27" CRT tube TV. My dad would begin adjusting the hue, sharpness etc etc from the beginning of the movie all the way through for each movie eek.gif and we all had to endure that constantly. The point being, he was just not fully enjoying the shows and more about how it looked on the display. I'm just glad that I didn't have that "addiction" and can pretty much enjoy most displays for the content....I guess sometimes ignorance is a gift.

post #471 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Guys the Sharps calibrate to D65k flat from 0 to 95ire with a perfect 2.2 gamma. All this talk is about the CIE point locations. Most projectors points are very different and not aligned exactly. I'll bet the little benq's points are off also. Plus the CMS doesn't always help you move the color points, like in a bunch of the JVC's which have very exaggerated color points,.

The Sharp nails red, blue and green are oversaturated. Green is the color that's been oversaturated in projectors for years. It adds the brightness the companies wanted. But all these projector can still have good d65k grayscale tracking and put out great images, pleasing flesh tones etc.

The Sharps CIE is very much like the Optoma HD33 I tested and I got some great pictures out of that projector

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #472 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Does the Sharp 17K have Gain and Offset controls or is it limited to just gain like the Sharp 30k? I still don't know anyone who has compared these directly to one another.
post #473 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's like the Z3000 I have blue and red gain control. All I had to do was pull back blue to -6 with the 80IRE pattern and got this.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #474 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

Guys the Sharps calibrate to D65k flat from 0 to 95ire with a perfect 2.2 gamma. All this talk is about the CIE point locations. Most projectors points are very different and not aligned exactly. I'll bet the little benq's points are off also. Plus the CMS doesn't always help you move the color points, like in a bunch of the JVC's which have very exaggerated color points,.

The Sharp nails red, blue and green are oversaturated. Green is the color that's been oversaturated in projectors for years. It adds the brightness the companies wanted. But all these projector can still have good d65k grayscale tracking and put out great images, pleasing flesh tones etc.

The Sharps CIE is very much like the Optoma HD33 I tested and I got some great pictures out of that projector

Very nice to know it calibrates to a flat D65K. The way all the conversation and reviews would make one believe it did not. It is interesting if the goal was to increase brightness, why not include a clear segment in the color-wheel which the likes of Infocus did (at least on my SP-7210). Find it strange that the standard now is RGBRGB especially in a projector like this one where the double iris could have then helped with the black level. Oh well, I'm sure some engineer tried it and the compromised had to be somewhere and therefore they decided to give the best picture instead of being the brightest.

post #475 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I know they learned a trick for the later 3D projectors by thinning the color wheel segments or lightening the color tone to let more light through. This is why the projectors are unusually bright.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #476 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Very nice to know it calibrates to a flat D65K. The way all the conversation and reviews would make one believe it did not.

It does not, it gets in the ballpark but that graph is not expanded and if it were you would see the colors are not truly tracking together or flat (which is not to be taken out of context as me saying it's terrible, it's not).

The CIE also shows enough error that it would be easily detectable by anyone familiar with viewing D65/6500k displays.

However this is neither here nor there as that is a different model projector and the actual projector to which this thread pertains has been measured by pro's and expert level enthusiasts (like Zombie/Jason) and found to get reasonably close but not all the way there (and with no real way to get there either, even adding an expensive outboard CMS).

Now should this level of inaccuracy matter to everyone, absolutely not.

I honestly envy those that it does not bother as many of us that it does suffer a borderline obsessive affliction. wink.gif

With that said I do not blame any of you for standing up for your purchase as it truly looks like a wonderful projector, honestly with the way the display market has gone it seems that those of us with purist eyes are the ones with the actual issue (and we pay for it). wink.gif

Jason
post #477 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

the gray scale settings on the 30k are a little coarse, so a small change in gain can move the colors farther than I'd like. We can get this dead on with projectors like the JVC, Epson and Sony.

having said that, this is close enough for the vast majority of viewers.

sharp30k-4.jpg

I recently calibrated it in 3D with the meter behind the glasses. The color is more believable now in 3D when corrected for the tint of the glasses. It does cost lumens to get the red back but it's worth it when watching non-animations in 3D.

The 2 major benefits of 3D DLP is no chance of crosstalk or flicker. These 2 strengths can help reduce eye fatigue during extended 3D viewing.

sharp3.jpg

sharp4.jpg

We can see the obvious color shift of the glasses. Our eyes may get adjusted to this, but for me it's hard to ignore when color in 3D doesn't look right. Pulling down green and blue lets some of the red come back in making it look more natural in 3D.

sharp5.jpg

sharp12.jpg

sharp13.jpg

While I would have wanted better color controls, that wouldn't have stopped me from picking up this model. My main interest was in 3D - something with better contrast in 3D than my W7000. I like that the Sharp doesn't use DLP Link, it's likely a major contributor as to why the contrast looks good in 3D on this model. Unfortunately the lumen output in 3D unfortunately just isn't bright enough for my preferences.

Ranger, thanks for the chance to check it out, much appreciated. I think you'll like some of the tweaks I've done. When i'm not calibrating projectors, I actually do watch movies on them. cool.gif

I watched this on the Sharp the other night after a 3D calibration and it looked great.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingdom-Plants-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B008368HXA

regarding the quality of 3D glasses, the Sharp 3D glasses and the Epson RF glasses are 2 of the best factory glasses this year. The 2D option is a welcome feature. I always have at least 1 person that doesn't want to watch in 3D, spoiling it for the others.
post #478 of 1743 Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Same thing here, I was thinking how much I want to get involed in 3D. The only thing I'd miss is my Dial M for Murder 3D movie. But for 2D my Sharp puts out such a great movie image I thought might as well keep it for that alone. smile.gif

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #479 of 1743 Old 04-20-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tom,

Several of us noticed what you wrote and then quickly edited/deleted away, please do not think the mods will allow that behavior as others have recently been warned for doing exactly the same thing.

That said please refrain from making unfounded claims regarding the XV-Z30000 since that is not the unit that you actually own (XV-Z17000) nor have you used one and calibrated it as Zombie/Jason has done.

We understand there are similarities but again it is not the same unit and there are variances. The 30K is superior to the 17K on almost all counts.

Nobody here is saying these are AWFUL projectors, they are wonderful units but also have certain cons that go along with their pros (just as every other pj out there).

I know every unit that I have ever owned has been picked apart (often by me) and I for one appreciate knowing all aspects, be they good or bad.

The facts are what they are and AVS is here to discuss the pros as well as the cons, we are not here to simply spout hyperbole for every unit.

There is no reason, beyond bias/purchase justification, to debate this any longer.

FYI... CalMan and Chromapure are light years ahead of ColorFacts which I also used for years along with HCFR (see we noticed).

Regards,
Jason
post #480 of 1743 Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

As promised, input lag photos
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/681/dsc8869f.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9864/dsc8881.jpg

Tried different modes, but it stayed the same 59-71 ms. It's very uncomfortable to play on after getting used to no input lag at all.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page