Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1633 Old 07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello,


Does somebody know where i can get this projector for a good price?
Best regards...
john2910 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 1633 Old 07-08-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post
Zombie10k,

What Mede8er player has you? Is the MED600X3D?

Best regards.
Hi, I use the 1000 version, but the 600, 800 and 1000 all have the same features. the main reason I use the 1000 is because it supports a 4Tb internal HD and it's silent. The 800 can also have an internal HD but is fan cooled. The 600 has no internal HD support so it relies on network connectivity.

I'm a big fan of this device, it's been performing great for over a year and has frequent updates.

The other day I dusted off my Pioneer BDP-05FD BD player from 2008 to see if it still works, Pioneer had a recent 2013 firmware update. I can't imagine going back to swapping BD's, I move around my content too often.

@ john2910 - these projectors are pretty much gone from the market, they show up occasionally on ebay. There's no way I'm selling mine until something remarkable is released that can exceed it's 3D capabilities at this price point.
fpr likes this.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1623 of 1633 Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello there,


How is the gaming lag on this projector?
And do you miss that is has no FI?


Best regards
john2910 is online now  
post #1624 of 1633 Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
ClemsonKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Grafton, MA
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
installation

For the past 3 yrs I have had the PJ set on a coffee table in my finished attic. No complaints.

But we just moved.

I am going to put the PJ on the top shelf in a closet centered at the rear of my new bonus room where I am setting up my theater. It is level with the top 2/3 of the screen, not quite level with the top of screen.

QUESTION:
Will this level work? Will I need to turn the PJ upside down as I believe ceiling installs are done?

thanks in advance!
Kevin
ClemsonKev is offline  
post #1625 of 1633 Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
airscapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonKev View Post
For the past 3 yrs I have had the PJ set on a coffee table in my finished attic. No complaints.

But we just moved.

I am going to put the PJ on the top shelf in a closet centered at the rear of my new bonus room where I am setting up my theater. It is level with the top 2/3 of the screen, not quite level with the top of screen.

QUESTION:
Will this level work? Will I need to turn the PJ upside down as I believe ceiling installs are done?

thanks in advance!
Kevin
Check the users manual but I think you should be fine. This projector is designed to be centered as you had it and does have reasonable lense shift. It is when it is above the screen you are in trouble. If you are 2/3 up you should have no problem.
Set it up now centered at your distance on a temp support. Then move the shift down to see how much range you have just to make sure.
airscapes is offline  
post #1626 of 1633 Old Today, 02:55 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello there i used to had a Mitsubishi 7800D,
Does this sharp have far better blacks?


I didnt like the blacks on the Mitsubishi 7800D..


Best regards
john2910 is online now  
post #1627 of 1633 Old Today, 03:22 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
And how does this sharp compare to the BenQ W7500?


Best regards
john2910 is online now  
post #1628 of 1633 Old Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post
Hello there i used to had a Mitsubishi 7800D,
Does this sharp have far better blacks?


I didnt like the blacks on the Mitsubishi 7800D..


Best regards
I don't know about the Mits 7800 but the Sharp does have better blacks than the Mits 7900; however, in 3D mode it's pretty much a wash. The Mits 8000 has an extra iris and has pretty good blacks for a DLP. All three of these projectors produce excellent 3D with the Mits 8000 having the best 3D I've seen to date when set up properly on an HP screen and using the right source material.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1629 of 1633 Old Today, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
ClemsonKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Grafton, MA
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
Check the users manual but I think you should be fine. This projector is designed to be centered as you had it and does have reasonable lense shift. It is when it is above the screen you are in trouble. If you are 2/3 up you should have no problem.
Set it up now centered at your distance on a temp support. Then move the shift down to see how much range you have just to make sure.
thanks Doug!

Got the HDMI and 3D wire installed to the closet last night, will get power from a new breaker routed to it today and then test.

Also, I'm going from a distance of ~13' to about 16.5' from PJ to screen at this house. Anyone tell me how much bigger I can up-size from my current 108" 16x9 screen?

Kevin
ClemsonKev is offline  
post #1630 of 1633 Old Today, 07:16 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I don't know about the Mits 7800 but the Sharp does have better blacks than the Mits 7900; however, in 3D mode it's pretty much a wash. The Mits 8000 has an extra iris and has pretty good blacks for a DLP. All three of these projectors produce excellent 3D with the Mits 8000 having the best 3D I've seen to date when set up properly on an HP screen and using the right source material.
Thx for you reply,


And do the blacks from the sharp come close to my Sony hw55es?


Will it be an huge step back if i go from the sony to the sharp in 2d material?


Best regards
john2910 is online now  
post #1631 of 1633 Old Today, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 235
In low -> very low APL scenes, the HW55 will have an advantage, in mixed contrast scenes, the 30K will have an advantage. Calibrated light output is similar, the 30K can handle over 900+ lumens @ D65.

you can turn on both iris and the contrast in 2D is quite good for a DLP in this price range.

if contrast in 2D is that important, consider running a 2 projector setup. A JVC RS46/X35 for 2D and the 30K for 3D is going to hold most folks over for quite a while. The low end JVC is without a doubt better than anything the 2K Sony's can handle in low APL scenes.

The major strength of the 30K is the 3D with rock solid performance and no chance of x-talk or flicker. It's naturally sharp as well. I don't like the reality creation on the HW50/55 in 3D. too many artifacts that stand out in stereo viewing.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1632 of 1633 Old Today, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
In low -> very low APL scenes, the HW55 will have an advantage, in mixed contrast scenes, the 30K will have an advantage. Calibrated light output is similar, the 30K can handle over 900+ lumens @ D65.

you can turn on both iris and the contrast in 2D is quite good for a DLP in this price range.

if contrast in 2D is that important, consider running a 2 projector setup. A JVC RS46/X35 for 2D and the 30K for 3D is going to hold most folks over for quite a while. The low end JVC is without a doubt better than anything the 2K Sony's can handle in low APL scenes.

The major strength of the 30K is the 3D with rock solid performance and no chance of x-talk or flicker. It's naturally sharp as well. I don't like the reality creation on the HW50/55 in 3D. too many artifacts that stand out in stereo viewing.
Thx for your reply,


I thought that the light output was much stronger in 2d and 3d for de sony hw55es?
Its a hard descision to leave my hw55 but i cant get to see the sharp here to do a comparison..


So i must do it blind...


I wish i had an example how the blackfloor looks on the sharp..


Best regards..
john2910 is online now  
post #1633 of 1633 Old Today, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 235
What don't you like about the HW55 that you are looking to exchange it for a different model?

in 2D, calibrated, they are basically the same in high lamp, ~ 900 lumens, sharp has a slight edge. in 3D, Sony measures ~200 lumens higher but once you adjust the glasses brightness to handle the x-talk better, it's basically the same perceived brightness with the glasses on.

if the worry about contrast is a concern, maybe it's best to wait and see if something else comes out in the fall. although I don't expect any major breakthroughs in 3D performance from the DLP co's in this price range.
zombie10k is online now  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off