Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1651 of 1733 Old 07-14-2014, 03:58 AM
Senior Member
 
john2910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can somebody post me some screens of the blacklevel of this(although i know its hard).


I am at the point to make a buy...


Best regards
john2910 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1652 of 1733 Old 07-14-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
don't say I didn't warn you if you get it and aren't satisfied...

the 30k is about 1/2 the native contrast of the Sony/Epson. respectable for a .65 DLP but i'm not using the 30K to watch Underworld Evolution.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1653 of 1733 Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post
Thx for you reply,


And do the blacks from the sharp come close to my Sony hw55es?


Will it be an huge step back if i go from the sony to the sharp in 2d material?


Best regards
My opinion is biased since I watch nearly everything in 3D now. For me a DLP is necessary for clean ghost-free 3D and I'll live for the time being with a slightly compromised black level (I say slightly compromised because the glasses in 3D do improve the perceived contrast).

If my majority of watching was in 2D I'd definitely take a close look at the new JVC projectors. From what I've read their 2D for the money is a good as it gets and the 3D is more than acceptable for most.

The reason I like the Mits 8000 so much in 3D is, I believe, due to its excellent CFI -- just enough to get rid of most of the motion blur and not so much that it adds that dreaded video look. The Sharp has better gamma for 3D and this is evident in the really tough "dark" movies like A Christmas Carol. This can be "fixed" with the Mits if you use a computer for playback and customize the gamma. If you could take the best features from the Sharp and Mits and add the JVC's contrast -- well, I guess I wouldn't have to look any further.

Last edited by Deja Vu; 07-14-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1654 of 1733 Old 07-14-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaViD Boulet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hi all,


I'm rethinking my 3D PJ route... rather than replacing my JVC RS2 with a Sony 55, I'm thinking of keeping the RS2 for 2D and getting the sharp 30K for 3D (given the excellent 3D performance and low cost).


couple of questions:


* can the Sharp do RF as well as IR eyewear?
* How is the sharp on lag-time for gaming? (the JVC isn't very fast so wondering if the Sharp is faster even for 2D gaming)
* Does the sharp have horizontal lens-shift as well as vertical, or just vertical? I have a cut-out in my back wall so the projector can be in the closet behind me... but the hole is off-center horizontally by about a foot from the center of the screen.


Thanks!

1080p and lossless audio. EVERY BD should have them both.
DaViD Boulet is online now  
post #1655 of 1733 Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
The Sharp works fine with the Optoma RF transmitter, the easiest hook up is using the IR receiver on the Optoma although once you get a hold of the Sharp G20 IR glasses, you may never want to use another set of 3D glasses again. The G30's are smaller and equally good for kids and adults with smaller faces.

lag time is similar to the JVC, ~ 70-80 ms if I recall so it's not the most optimal for hardcore gamers. I'm a casual player, mainly fighting games (Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dead or Alive) and it's fine for that game play.

There is plenty of H and V shift, that scenario wouldn't be a problem.

The main issue is finding one, they've pretty much disappeared off the internet / forums. I think most who bought them did not resell.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1656 of 1733 Old 07-15-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
The main issue is finding one, they've pretty much disappeared off the internet / forums. I think most who bought them did not resell.
Yes, and whose fault is that?
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1657 of 1733 Old 07-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Stiltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have one with very low hours in case someone is looking for one.

Media Room - Martin Logan Theos, ML Stage, 4xML Motion 4, 4xML Motion FX, Denon 4520, CJ PV-14L Pre, Innersound ESL-300 Amp, PS Audio PWD, eD a5-350, Sharp Z30000, 130" Dalite JKP 1.3, Dune 3D, Sonos, Logitech Transporter, HTPC, 2xButtKicker, Darbee

Family Room: Panasonic 60ZT60, Martin Logan C2, Motion 15, Motion 2, Sunfire True Sub Jr, Darbee
Stiltz is offline  
post #1658 of 1733 Old 07-15-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
zombie10k is online now  
post #1659 of 1733 Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaViD Boulet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 6,428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
And "why" are you replacing it? And what's your asking price? (pm if needed). Thanks!

1080p and lossless audio. EVERY BD should have them both.
DaViD Boulet is online now  
post #1660 of 1733 Old 07-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
FWIW, Amazon still shows them available new.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-XV-Z3000.../dp/B007RFCGLM

However, for $3700 there are probably better choices. However, perhaps not for 3D...

Still waiting to see what new 4K models become available late this year.

Bottom line is that there will always be something better in the pipeline. I let go of "perfect" long ago. The Z30K is a jack of all trades, ace of none (except 3D)...we still really enjoy the picture and the low cost of operation.
humbland is offline  
post #1661 of 1733 Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dungeon, Pillar of Eyes
Posts: 1,256
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
Yes, and whose fault is that?
I bought it earlier than Zombie, haha! That was before it became hype thanks to him.
Elix is offline  
post #1662 of 1733 Old 09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thought I would bump this thread, since the last post was back in July.
Football is here again and the Z30K shines (PJ humor) at live sports. We're still enjoying ours.

The new Epson LS10000 looks attractive. I'm hoping it's the first salvo in the "new wave" of projectors.

A question: Has anyone put enough time on the Sharp Z30K original lamp to warrant a replacement bulb. If so how many hours?

Zombie, with all the new toys available, are you still viewing the Z30K for 2D, or is it 3D only?
humbland is offline  
post #1663 of 1733 Old 09-29-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post

Zombie, with all the new toys available, are you still viewing the Z30K for 2D, or is it 3D only?
I still use the 30K more than the other projectors for general use, it's great how fast it boots up to full brightness. I have number of 3D movies to check out soon.

it's good to hear your projector is working well, it sounds like you're getting a lot of use from it.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1664 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I still use the 30K more than the other projectors for general use, it's great how fast it boots up to full brightness. I have number of 3D movies to check out soon.

it's good to hear your projector is working well, it sounds like you're getting a lot of use from it.
Wow, it's quite a vote of confidence that you still use the Sharp so much. It's an affirmation about the overall state of front projection. Picture quality has "clearly" reached the point of diminishing returns. Boot time and cost of operation have come into the "big picture" (PJ humor).
We still enjoy our Z30K almost every day. Being a "native sharpness" fan, I lament the fact that Sharp decided to get out of the business. In some ways, it seems like they approached a high water mark in DLP development. They had pushed the envelope as far as they could, but could not compete in the mass market with Sony and JVC. Sad.
When I look back at all the enjoyment we have received, I'm grateful to have found the Z30K. In our HT/projector history, the Woot deal is one of the best "bang for the buck" purchases of my lifetime.
I'm still curious as to what other, more demanding (read anal), AVSers have experienced with the Z30K. After a few years of use, are Zombie and I the only ones still playing with this toy?
U of O football is on Thursday night. We're inviting a few friends over to watch it in 110" HD.
The Sharp will get a chance to shine...
Go Ducks!
humbland is offline  
post #1665 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Wow, it's quite a vote of confidence that you still use the Sharp so much. It's an affirmation about the overall state of front projection. Picture quality has "clearly" reached the point of diminishing returns. Boot time and cost of operation have come into the "big picture" (PJ humor).
We still enjoy our Z30K almost every day. Being a "native sharpness" fan, I lament the fact that Sharp decided to get out of the business. In some ways, it seems like they approached a high water mark in DLP development. They had pushed the envelope as far as they could, but could not compete in the mass market with Sony and JVC. Sad.
When I look back at all the enjoyment we have received, I'm grateful to have found the Z30K. In our HT/projector history, the Woot deal is one of the best "bang for the buck" purchases of my lifetime.
I'm still curious as to what other, more demanding (read anal), AVSers have experienced with the Z30K. After a few years of use, are Zombie and I the only ones still playing with this toy?
U of O football is on Thursday night. We're inviting a few friends over to watch it in 110" HD.
The Sharp will get a chance to shine...
Go Ducks!
I have the Z30K and love it. When it comes to bang for the buck the Mits 7900 at $799 was the best bang for the buck I have seen. I have both the Mits 7900 and 8000 and I actually prefer them for 3D with the Sharp a close second. I hardly ever use my Epsons (6010 and 6020) for 3D anymore. I also have a Panasonic PT-RZ470 (1080p laser/led hybrid 3D DLP projector), which gets used like a T.V.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1666 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I have the Z30K and love it. When it comes to bang for the buck the Mits 7900 at $799 was the best bang for the buck I have seen. I have both the Mits 7900 and 8000 and I actually prefer them for 3D with the Sharp a close second. I hardly ever use my Epsons (6010 and 6020) for 3D anymore. I also have a Panasonic PT-RZ470 (1080p laser/led hybrid 3D DLP projector), which gets used like a T.V.
Besides being $1000 less, what is the appeal of the Mits? Is it brighter, sharper, blacker?
Does it have powered lens controls and lens memory?
If you prefer the Mits for 3D, then what do you use the Z30K for?
humbland is offline  
post #1667 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I had the HC8000 here for a while along side of the 30K. The problem for my setup was the limited lens shift. I need the projectors dead center on my HP screen for max gain and couldn't find any reasonable way to make it work for my setup. The lens controls are all manual.

The main advantage of the HC8000 is that it has frame interpolation in 3D mode whereas the Sharp does not. The main advantage of the 30K is full lens shift + the best darn 3D glasses on the market, I love the Sharp G20's.



I think the limited lens shift hurt the HC8000 at it's originally selling point. by now, folks expect placement flexibility that is found on the other ~2000-3000 models.

Mitsubishi and Sharp are both out of the front projector market but at least they left some nice models behind that can handle 3D like a champ.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1668 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just looked it up and the main benefit of the HC8000 seems to be the 2D to 3D conversion. This would seem to have a kind of limited appeal, but I would like to see it in action.
We have a high ceiling mount and the limited lens shift options would be a probable downer for us. The only way it might work is if it's truly "set and forget".
I could not find it new for anywhere near $799. Was it a close out like the Z30K?
humbland is offline  
post #1669 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
There was a blow out sale on the HC7900, I don't recall seeing any bargains on the HC8000, it just disappeared not long after it was released.

I believe I saw a bit more RBE on the Mitsubishi vs. the Sharp.

I also had a chance to check out their special 3D glasses they released. They worked well but were too small for my preferences. The lens should have been much larger like the G20's imo.





overall a nice projector but the lack of a decent lens shift was a deal breaker for my setup.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1670 of 1733 Old 09-30-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
For a short time the HC8000 could be purchased for between $1,500 and $1,700 (with spare lamp) -- a great deal for 3D lovers. The inexpensive ($10.00) PS3 glasses work very well with the Mits projectors (and the Sharp). I recently purchased another new lamp with housing for $118.00 U.S. And yes, set up with the HP screen and the Mits takes some thought but it can be done -- I had to raise my screen several inches closer to the ceiling. The HP screen for 3D is a must have for both the Mits and Sharp projectors IMO.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1671 of 1733 Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Deja, it seems to me that the Mits and the Sharp are very similar...Why have both?
It seems like almost a tossup for 3D, which do you prefer for 2D?
humbland is offline  
post #1672 of 1733 Old 10-01-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Deja, it seems to me that the Mits and the Sharp are very similar...Why have both?
It seems like almost a tossup for 3D, which do you prefer for 2D?
All three -- the Sharp, Mits 8000 and Mits 7900 were all being sold well below retail so I saw an opportunity to have all three for the original cost of the Sharp. It gave me a chance to compare what I was seeing with each against what owners here were saying. I have two HT rooms so the projectors get moved around some for comparison purposes.

As far as 2D is concerned -- the Sharp has the advantage of set up with its flexibility due to its lens shift. It is also brighter. The Mits has the advantage with motion (really effective CFI) and will do a complete fade to black, which can be impressive. The Sharp and Mits 8000 have better contrast in 2D than the Mits 7900 -- it's pretty much a wash in 3D.

IMO all three are underrated projectors. Since most here don't watch a lot of 3D they were largely passed over -- they are truly great 3D projectors. If I decide to purchase a Sim2 Nero 3 it'll be interesting to find out just how much better it is than the Sharp and Mits, especially for 3D. I hoping the Nero 3 will have better contrast and brightness in 3D.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1673 of 1733 Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
All three -- the Sharp, Mits 8000 and Mits 7900 were all being sold well below retail so I saw an opportunity to have all three for the original cost of the Sharp. It gave me a chance to compare what I was seeing with each against what owners here were saying. I have two HT rooms so the projectors get moved around some for comparison purposes.

As far as 2D is concerned -- the Sharp has the advantage of set up with its flexibility due to its lens shift. It is also brighter. The Mits has the advantage with motion (really effective CFI) and will do a complete fade to black, which can be impressive. The Sharp and Mits 8000 have better contrast in 2D than the Mits 7900 -- it's pretty much a wash in 3D.

IMO all three are underrated projectors. Since most here don't watch a lot of 3D they were largely passed over -- they are truly great 3D projectors. If I decide to purchase a Sim2 Nero 3 it'll be interesting to find out just how much better it is than the Sharp and Mits, especially for 3D. I hoping the Nero 3 will have better contrast and brightness in 3D.
I agree that these projectors were underrated and it is sad that they are no longer available. I first saw the Sharp and Mits at CES several years ago and was blown away by the 3D with no ghosting. I like the Sharp because of the 3D glasses and ability to easily set it up. The Mits 8000 is also a great projector.
rwestley is offline  
post #1674 of 1733 Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I agree that these projectors were underrated and it is sad that they are no longer available. I first saw the Sharp and Mits at CES several years ago and was blown away by the 3D with no ghosting. I like the Sharp because of the 3D glasses and ability to easily set it up. The Mits 8000 is also a great projector.
Interesting, I did not recall that the Sharp had even been displayed at CES. There were very few reviews of the Z30K early on. It almost seemed like Sharp released it, then closed it out...Although, last time I looked, there were still a few available new at >$3K.
Asking AVSers out there how many hours do you have on the Z30K lamp?
I just checked and we are at 1079 hrs (46%). The picture still looks bright and sharp with vibrant colors. I'm sure the HP screen and Darbee help.
When Zombie posted the spare lamp info, I purchased one, but so far so good...

Last edited by humbland; 10-02-2014 at 07:46 AM.
humbland is offline  
post #1675 of 1733 Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I had to use the Sharp today to fix something on my media center PC, I just needed it turned on for a few minutes to make some changes. I am still surprised how fast this projector 'boots up' to full brightness and the shutdown is less than a minute.

I am beating up on this one lamp (one of the replacements) just to see how well it hold ups. I've been doing a good deal of relatively short runs (15-30 mins) lately.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1676 of 1733 Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I had to use the Sharp today to fix something on my media center PC, I just needed it turned on for a few minutes to make some changes. I am still surprised how fast this projector 'boots up' to full brightness and the shutdown is less than a minute.

I am beating up on this one lamp (one of the replacements) just to see how well it hold ups. I've been doing a good deal of relatively short runs (15-30 mins) lately.
How many hours do you have on your various lamps? Can you see any related picture degradation yet?
humbland is offline  
post #1677 of 1733 Old 10-03-2014, 03:27 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I still have my Z30K going strong and loving it!

Had to switch out the lamp a couple months back.

I used Zombie's instructions with no problem! Thx Jason!

Got it over 2k hours and still had some life left according to the projector.

But, figured it was time, with football coming up, and the fact that I don't have my 120" wide 2.35 HP screen up, because I have roommates now, and they aren't as technology literate as I to be able to switch to anamorphic mode and move the lens in and out of place.

I bought 2 of the Chinese original lamps w/ out the housing and no issues so far.

So that, and the spare, should last through the rest of the warranty, when hopefully by then, 4K and Laser/LED should be more mainstream!

Football looks great @ 150" in stage mode, even on a beige wall!
biliam1982 is offline  
post #1678 of 1733 Old 10-03-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 70
As we all know 3D is excellent with this projector. The only issue I am having is that syc drop outs are more common than RF glasses and setting the transmitter is critical. I have it facing the screen in the center and drop outs are less but still happen every so often. Has anyone had success with different placements.
rwestley is offline  
post #1679 of 1733 Old 10-03-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,532
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 172
The emitter wire is very long with the Sharp so I placed the emitter on the speaker to the right of the screen facing the audience. I've never had a problem.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #1680 of 1733 Old 10-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
The emitter wire is very long with the Sharp so I placed the emitter on the speaker to the right of the screen facing the audience. I've never had a problem.
If you check back in this thread, I think this was specifically addressed at some point...
"Art" at PR (who recommended the Z30K) said that he bounced the 3D/IR signal off of his screen with no issues, but I had some problems when I tried it.
I used the included long cord and mounted the emitter on the ceiling next to the screen, firing forward and down (at 45 degrees) onto the seating area. Worked like a charm.
BTW, I purchased a 1/8 inch headphone extension cord to give me more room to route the IR wire, but ended up with just enough length with the stock cable.

Deja, did you notice any significant brightness drop at 2K hrs?
humbland is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off