Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 62 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1831 of 1835 Old 01-24-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
[QUOTE=zombie10k;31118378]last second bid snipe with seconds left to the auction!

I'll check out the glasses this weekend. 1 thing I noticed when trying them on, I feel like I might be missing the sides that block the light. they are nice and light though + good build quality for the price.[/QUOTE

Great, I don't think you will have a problem with the sides not blocking the light. I was worried about the same thing. These glasses have small pieces of plastic built into the inside sides of the frames that seem to work fine for me. It will be interesting to see if they block the light for you. I also have the IR version for my JVC 4910 and they work great with the Xpand emitters. They also make a version that works with the Benq DlP projectors. I really like the fact they they are so light and fit over my glasses. I did have to adjust the arms slightly since they were a little tight. All I did was apply a heat gun for 5 seconds and make the adjustment. I have had to do this with several other brands of glasses. I have had friends try them and most seem to like these the best.

Last edited by rwestley; 01-25-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1835 Old 01-24-2015, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
last second bid snipe with seconds left to the auction!
If I didn't already have 2 Sharp 30K's, that's the method I would have used. But it still just boils down to who places the highest proxy bid. The only reason I'd use the snipe method is that it prevents other bidders from trying to outbid you multiple times over the course of the auction. If someone really wants it, they'll place their highest proxy bid at the last possible moment.

You have to be careful that your proxy bid is the highest that you're prepared to go, otherwise that method can backfire if two people bid an outrageous amount. I saw that happen on one of my auctions about 18 years ago on an unused Yale/Note Dame 1929 football ticket. It should have sold for no more than $125 or so. But two bidders had the same idea, and placed outrageously high proxy bids at the last second. It ended up selling for over $600. The winner paid up too! Amazing.
post #1833 of 1835 Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Snowed in on Long Island so I made a few more tests comparing the Dimensional Optics glasses with the Sharp 20's. I find that in my situation the Dimensional Optics keep the sync better I did not loose sync by moving around or turning my head. I find the comfort comparable. They Sharp may be slightly better in this regard. Will have to ask what others think in this regard. I wear glasses.
I checked again if there would be an issue with the Dimensional Optics not blocking light on the sides and it
is not a problem in my situation.
Love to hear how Zombie's tests come out and if any other issues are found with the Dimensional Optics glasses.
post #1834 of 1835 Old 01-30-2015, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

It seems that Woot today has the LG 3D passive projector reconditioned for $2,799. It originally sold for over $10,000
It is still listed for $13,000 on Amazon. This projector uses passive 3D glasses the same kind as in the movie theaters.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/f...ref=cnt_wp_0_8

This monster weighs over 45lbs and does require a special screen.

Last edited by rwestley; 01-30-2015 at 05:06 AM.
post #1835 of 1835 Unread Today, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
last second bid snipe with seconds left to the auction!

I'll check out the glasses this weekend. 1 thing I noticed when trying them on, I feel like I might be missing the sides that block the light. they are nice and light though + good build quality for the price.
Wonder if you ever got a chance to try these glasses yet and compare them to the Sharp 20's.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page