Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 1871 Old 03-01-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Bay - Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 46
That is a built in fail safe. Reset the lamp hours in the projector and it will go longer. The larger question is are you still satisfied with its brightness.
Willie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 1871 Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonKev View Post
LAMP LIFE.

Well, after using for a couple of years, I finally had to change the lamp (at least the PJ told me it was time.... first with the yellow warning, then the red, then it just shut off).

2050 hours on the original bulb. Sound about right?
I changed mine out somewhere over 2100 hours and it still had something like 10% life left.

Could be your settings though. I have mine in stage mode with high brightness. But maybe other settings can affect it too.
biliam1982 is offline  
post #1863 of 1871 Old 03-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Senior Member
 
ClemsonKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
That is a built in fail safe. Reset the lamp hours in the projector and it will go longer. The larger question is are you still satisfied with its brightness.
well, the new bulb is a little brighter. I'll save the old bulb as a back-up I guess. Thanks for the info!

Got the new one for $296 shipped from an AZ authorized dealer. Better than I could find on Amazon or eBay! (OEM Sharp lamp housing, not some overseas POC)

Now all I need is some smaller 3D glasses for the kids. They don't care of the PS3 glasses. Any recommendations?
ClemsonKev is offline  
post #1864 of 1871 Old 03-01-2015, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 481
The Sharp G30 glasses are perfect for kids or adults with smaller faces

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...s/141392255997

if you look a few posts above, I posted a link to purchase the OEM lamps for around $85 US, you just have to swap the lamp in the original housing, I posted instructions in this thread about a year ago. They work perfect.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1865 of 1871 Old 03-02-2015, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I just received the 3 Lichtmond disks that I imported from Germany. Played disk 1 on the Sharp last night and I was amazed with the 3D. They really pushed the envelope with these disks. Thanks for the suggestions to get them. If one wants to see what is possible with 3D these are the disks to show off. If any of you don't have them yet PM me and I can let you know where to get them.
rwestley is online now  
post #1866 of 1871 Old 03-02-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Bay - Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
The Sharp G30 glasses are perfect for kids or adults with smaller faces

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...s/141392255997

if you look a few posts above, I posted a link to purchase the OEM lamps for around $85 US, you just have to swap the lamp in the original housing, I posted instructions in this thread about a year ago. They work perfect.
The inexpensive OEM lamps make the Sharp a win. They may be Chinese but they are not POC.

Willie
Willie is online now  
post #1867 of 1871 Unread Yesterday, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 481
The Sharp G20 and G30 glasses are getting scarce, I can't find them new anymore on Amazon. I'm picking up a few extras of each pair from ebay, hopefully they won't have a battery issue.

as a precaution, I'm keeping the existing glasses I have charged up all the time using a charging station with multiple outputs. I wish the other vendors would model their glasses after the G20's, these imo are the perfect 3D glasses.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1868 of 1871 Unread Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Stiltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have 5 brand new pair of G30 glasses and 1 brand new pair of G20 glasses that I bought from a local Standard TV and Appliance.
I'd be willing to sell them for $40 each if anybody is looking for them.

Media Room - Martin Logan Spires, ML Stage, 4xML Motion 4, 4xML Motion FX, Denon 4520, CJ PV-14L Pre, Innersound ESL-300 Amp, PS Audio PWD, eD a5-350, Sony HW50ES, 130" Dalite JKP 1.3, Dune 3D, Sonos, Logitech Transporter, HTPC, 2xButtKicker, Darbee

Family Room: Samsung 64F8500, Martin Logan Vantages, Motion 15, Motion C2, Motion 2, Marantz SR5007, Sunfire True Sub Jr, Darbee
Stiltz is offline  
post #1869 of 1871 Unread Today, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
The Sharp G20 and G30 glasses are getting scarce, I can't find them new anymore on Amazon. I'm picking up a few extras of each pair from ebay, hopefully they won't have a battery issue.

as a precaution, I'm keeping the existing glasses I have charged up all the time using a charging station with multiple outputs. I wish the other vendors would model their glasses after the G20's, these imo are the perfect 3D glasses.
I am doing the same. I should have 2 G20's a a G30 arriving tomorrow. Hope the batteries are ok.
I have 3 pairs of the 20's with bad batteries and I still can't find a replacement source. They do seem to be getting very scarce and prices seem to be going up.
rwestley is online now  
post #1870 of 1871 Unread Today, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I am doing the same. I should have 2 G20's a a G30 arriving tomorrow. Hope the batteries are ok.
I have 3 pairs of the 20's with bad batteries and I still can't find a replacement source. They do seem to be getting very scarce and prices seem to be going up.
Please keep us posted on the battery issue. I should probably stock up too.
humbland is online now  
post #1871 of 1871 Unread Today, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Please keep us posted on the battery issue. I should probably stock up too.
Will do but it seems that there are some bad ones out there.
rwestley is online now  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off