Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 46Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2015, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
if anyone is looking for a low mile 30K, a fellow member has one for sale

Sharp 30K for sale

only 167 hours, glasses, 3D emitter, etc. The lamps are still available for a low cost.
Wow! That's the best deal on a low mileage one that I have seen in the last year or so.
I hope someone scoops it up and joins the Z30K party.
humbland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Member
 
timetells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm interested in the xv z30k--put me with the seller.
timetells is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
zombie10k is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Wow! That's the best deal on a low mileage one that I have seen in the last year or so.
I hope someone scoops it up and joins the Z30K party.
his theater is on hold for a while and wanted to give someone else a chance with this model.
zombie10k is offline  
Old 06-25-2015, 05:24 AM
Member
 
timetells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
unable to reach seller--by using seller contact-click.

Seller may contact me at jwvarner@sbcglobal.net
timetells is offline  
Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hi Sharp people,
I thought I would bump this thread and see how people are doing. What's up? Are we having fun yet?
We are enjoying our Z30K. Still waiting for a DLP 4K PJ for $4K...It could be a much longer wait then I thought a couple of years ago.

We are down to 19% lamp life and thinking about changing it out. It's a daunting task on our cathedral ceiling mount. I have been wondering how many others have attempted it. Zombie, what do you think? Is it doable from a 12 foot ladder? Or should I bite the bullet and pull the entire set up down and make the switch at ground level???

Also, we had our first glitch in the machine in quite some time. We were watching a movie last night and all of a sudden the lamp turned off and the power led started blinking red. I waited 5 min. then unplugged the PJ. When I plugged it back in and powered up, it seemed back to normal I searched the Z30K manual and could not see anything concrete. Perhaps a temporary power outage? Any ideas out there?
humbland is offline  
Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
It depends on how sturdy the ladder is. The glitch might be a warning of a lamp failure, probably time to just swap it out.
zombie10k is offline  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Lonely Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Hi Sharp people,
I thought I would bump this thread and see how people are doing. What's up? Are we having fun yet?
We are enjoying our Z30K. Still waiting for a DLP 4K PJ for $4K...It could be a much longer wait then I thought a couple of years ago.

We are down to 19% lamp life and thinking about changing it out. It's a daunting task on our cathedral ceiling mount. I have been wondering how many others have attempted it. Zombie, what do you think? Is it doable from a 12 foot ladder? Or should I bite the bullet and pull the entire set up down and make the switch at ground level???

Also, we had our first glitch in the machine in quite some time. We were watching a movie last night and all of a sudden the lamp turned off and the power led started blinking red. I waited 5 min. then unplugged the PJ. When I plugged it back in and powered up, it seemed back to normal I searched the Z30K manual and could not see anything concrete. Perhaps a temporary power outage? Any ideas out there?
My projector is up about ten feet or so. When I changed my lamp a couple years ago, I removed it (with part of the mount still attached) and brought it down to a table to work on. My lamp cover is under the mount so I had no choice but to remove the whole projector anyway. I have an Optoma HD80 which isn't that heavy. I guess it depends on the configuration of your projector but working on it at ground level is certainly less nerve-racking. It was no big deal to get it up and realigned once I had the new lamp in. Good luck!
Lonely Surfer is offline  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
It depends on how sturdy the ladder is. The glitch might be a warning of a lamp failure, probably time to just swap it out.
Thanks.
I seem to recall that someone had 2100+ hrs on their lamp before replacement.
When they got the lamp warning notice, they just reset the lamp hrs timer and kept going. With almost 2000 posts, finding it will take awhile.
Is there any downside to doing this? With our 2.8 HP there is plenty of brightness...Why not just wait until the lamp actually burns out? I know the lamps are inexpensive, but if you saw where the Z30K is located in space (near earth orbit)...
humbland is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Member
 
rgrele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My 2 are still chugging along without incident. It will be 2 years this November. One has the original lamp, the other has the Chinese OEM lamp discussed some pages back. Have been switching projectors every 300 hours or so to measure decrease in brightness. Haven't put 1,000 hours on either one yet. I purchased 4 extra lamps from China, so at the rate I'm going I should be enjoying ghost free 3D for many years to come.
biliam1982 likes this.
rgrele is offline  
Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrele View Post
My 2 are still chugging along without incident. It will be 2 years this November. One has the original lamp, the other has the Chinese OEM lamp discussed some pages back. Have been switching projectors every 300 hours or so to measure decrease in brightness. Haven't put 1,000 hours on either one yet. I purchased 4 extra lamps from China, so at the rate I'm going I should be enjoying ghost free 3D for many years to come.
Thanks for the feedback.
What was you lamp changing experience like? Is it something you would attempt from a 12 foot ladder?
Also, rather than search back through the posts, can you link to the replacement lamp order site?
I was hoping by now to be upgrading to a 4K PJ, but the implementation seems stuck in the slow lane. Like you, I can see the Z30K as a player in our HT going forward (a good thing).
humbland is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 AM
Member
 
rgrele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Thanks for the feedback.
What was you lamp changing experience like? Is it something you would attempt from a 12 foot ladder?
Also, rather than search back through the posts, can you link to the replacement lamp order site?
I was hoping by now to be upgrading to a 4K PJ, but the implementation seems stuck in the slow lane. Like you, I can see the Z30K as a player in our HT going forward (a good thing).

The tutorial posted by Zombie10k was a big help to me in changing out the lamp. If you're at all handy and comfortable working with PC's, then I'd say that it isn't much more difficult than changing out a hard drive or memory. My projector is on a shelf, not ceiling mounted, so I can't say how difficult it might be to remove the lamp assembly from atop a 12' ladder. Once it's out though, just follow the well written, illustrated instructions, and you'll save some money.

Here's the link I used:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...961655107.html
rgrele is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 03:27 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Jason, thought I bookmarked your post for the change out but I guess not. Can you link it?
biliam1982 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 03:29 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Eric, I'm coming up on 2k hours again. Last I checked it was just over 12% left I think.

It's not too difficult to swap the lamp if you can get the cover off and pull the housing out.

Will you have to take down the projector to do that?
biliam1982 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
Hi, here is the link to the step by step instructions for swapping out the lamp

Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP


I heard that the Mad Max 3D is going to look excellent on the Sharp 30K. heard the sound is remarkable as well too. get your copy on Tuesday
Seegs108 and biliam1982 like this.
zombie10k is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
ClemsonKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Hi, here is the link to the step by step instructions for swapping out the lamp

Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP


I heard that the Mad Max 3D is going to look excellent on the Sharp 30K. heard the sound is remarkable as well too. get your copy on Tuesday
my copy in 1080p 3D came out on pira... bay a few weeks ago. ROCKS on my z30k!
ClemsonKev is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
[QUOTE=biliam1982;36882698]Eric, I'm coming up on 2k hours again. Last I checked it was just over 12% left I think.

It's not too difficult to swap the lamp if you can get the cover off and pull the housing out.

Will you have to take down the projector to do that?[/QUOTE

Guys, I appreciate everyone's help. I think that I will need to get a second set of hands and another ladder. That's what it took originally to get the Z30K up into orbit. Then we'll unhook everything and bring it back to mission control and swap out the lamp. It's a hassle, but I just do not feel comfortable doing a 12 foot balancing act...
Any thoughts on just waiting for it to burn out, then attempting it?
humbland is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:59 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 86
[quote=humbland;36903458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
Eric, I'm coming up on 2k hours again. Last I checked it was just over 12% left I think.

It's not too difficult to swap the lamp if you can get the cover off and pull the housing out.

Will you have to take down the projector to do that?[/QUOTE

Guys, I appreciate everyone's help. I think that I will need to get a second set of hands and another ladder. That's what it took originally to get the Z30K up into orbit. Then we'll unhook everything and bring it back to mission control and swap out the lamp. It's a hassle, but I just do not feel comfortable doing a 12 foot balancing act...
Any thoughts on just waiting for it to burn out, then attempting it?
This time I think I'll let the lamp go past EOL. See what happens. Should it cause an issue and break the projector, it'll just give me a reason to upgrade when the new batch of recruits comes out in the fall, post CEDIA.

I believe my lamps have been lasting me roughly 1yr 3mo, give or take.
biliam1982 is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hi guys,
I decided to check out replacement bulbs and they are <$80 each now.
In looking, I came upon an entire bulb/housing replacement for even less...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...434999994.html

What do you think? It seems like it should be a drop in, "plug and play" fix.
Am I missing something?
humbland is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 09:07 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Hi guys,
I decided to check out replacement bulbs and they are <$80 each now.
In looking, I came upon an entire bulb/housing replacement for even less...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...434999994.html

What do you think? It seems like it should be a drop in, "plug and play" fix.
Am I missing something?
If that's a legit replacement.....Damn that's a good deal!

Nice find, Eric!

We need Jason to chime in and vet this thing.
biliam1982 is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
that might be the right lamp but the housing doesn't look right. I would be nervous to try any aftermarket housing, it could damage the projector.

has anyone else seen Mad Max yet on their Sharp 30k? it looks great in 3D.
zombie10k is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 06:44 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
that might be the right lamp but the housing doesn't look right. I would be nervous to try any aftermarket housing, it could damage the projector.
Good to know, thx Jason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
has anyone else seen Mad Max yet on their Sharp 30k? it looks great in 3D.
I'm waiting to do some upgrades to my theater system before I watch it, along with some others I've been saving.
biliam1982 is offline  
Old 09-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Member
 
rgrele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
that might be the right lamp but the housing doesn't look right. I would be nervous to try any aftermarket housing, it could damage the projector.

has anyone else seen Mad Max yet on their Sharp 30k? it looks great in 3D.
The 3D looks great on my 30K! It's a well made, wall to wall action film.
rgrele is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 02:11 AM
fpr
Member
 
fpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spain
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This weekend my Sharp Z30K took longer than normal to switch on. It took three attempts to start the lamp. The lamp has about 350 hours of use.

Has it happened something similar to someone?

Thanks.
fpr is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post
Hi,

This weekend my Sharp Z30K took longer than normal to switch on. It took three attempts to start the lamp. The lamp has about 350 hours of use.

Has it happened something similar to someone?

Thanks.
I had a similar issue after not using the unit for a while. The lamp went on and then went off. Had to unplug and replug the unit to get it to start. This only happened once so far.
rwestley is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 04:40 AM
fpr
Member
 
fpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spain
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I had a similar issue after not using the unit for a while. The lamp went on and then went off. Had to unplug and replug the unit to get it to start. This only happened once so far.
My issue is different, when I switch on the projector, while the green led blink, the ballast power on the lamp at the third attempt.
Until now, it turns on the lamp the first attemp and rarely at the second attemp, but the ballast had never needed three attempts to power on the lamp.

Once the ballast has managed to turn on the lamp, the projector has worked correctly, but left me worried.
fpr is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,891
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1860
zombie10k is offline  
Old 09-07-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I was having a phantom "turn off" problem. I wondered about the lamp cooling well.
So I got a long vacuum wand and carefully cleaned out the vents.
It's an easy thing to try.
You might try a call to Sharp tech support. I have wondered if they were even servicing the Z30K.
We had a 3 year warranty. Not sure if it's worth anything...
Keep us posted.
Good luck.
humbland is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 12:02 AM
fpr
Member
 
fpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spain
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can there be a problem if it continues happening?
I thought that while the ballast power on the lamp and the projector working correctly I will not call to Sharp tech support.
What do you think?
fpr is offline  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
I was having a phantom "turn off" problem. I wondered about the lamp cooling well.
So I got a long vacuum wand and carefully cleaned out the vents.
It's an easy thing to try.
You might try a call to Sharp tech support. I have wondered if they were even servicing the Z30K.
We had a 3 year warranty. Not sure if it's worth anything...
Keep us posted.
Good luck.
Well, it's now happening more frequently "gulp"
Time to bite the bullet and try a new lamp.
The prices for replacement lamp units has really dropped...
I was thinking of just ordering this one from Sears

http://www.sears.com/sharp-xv-z3000-...&mktRedirect=y

It says in the description that it's a "brand new" replacement bulb and housing for the Z30K.
Jason, you're the man. What do you think?
A new bulb and housing for the price of a bulb? Sounds too good to be true, but since there can not be much demand, perhaps people are getting rid of them.
If it's the real deal, then it would be worth having one around, even if only to make the switch that much easier.

FWIW, here is another one:

http://www.lampspros.com/sharp-xv-z3...FchlfgodLjALow

They can't all be wrong...
Thoughts?
humbland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off