Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 47Likes
post #2071 of 2080 Unread 06-21-2016, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post
just a quick note to ask if there are any glasses compatible with this machine that use a replaceable battery? I have now bought 8 pairs of the G30 glasses and 5 pairs are not chargeable as the battery has sat in the warehouse and degraded. Luckily these were new purchases and were returned, but this scares me about the future of glasses for this PJ (and others) now that most new PJ's use RF or DLP link.

Zombie or others- have you used any other glasses that can work and have the standard watch batteries or a common replaceable rechargeable battery?
First of all, I'm glad to see a post in this thread. We are still enjoying our Z30K. We just redid our HT wiring and added a 4k compatible HDMI run. Hoping that the new 4k DLP chip gets implemented in a FP (at a reasonable cost). In the mean time, how many others out there are still Sharp?

If I recall, there was an earlier post about trying to find a replacement battery for the glasses...
Any progress on that front?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2080 Unread 06-23-2016, 05:31 PM
fpr

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post
just a quick note to ask if there are any glasses compatible with this machine that use a replaceable battery? I have now bought 8 pairs of the G30 glasses and 5 pairs are not chargeable as the battery has sat in the warehouse and degraded. Luckily these were new purchases and were returned, but this scares me about the future of glasses for this PJ (and others) now that most new PJ's use RF or DLP link.

Zombie or others- have you used any other glasses that can work and have the standard watch batteries or a common replaceable rechargeable battery?
Hi,

The glasses Sharp AN-3DG35 has 1 CR2 battery not rechargable and I think they are compatible with the Z30k (as G20 and G30).

Anyone have tested this glasses with the Sharp Z30K?

Best regards.

Last edited by fpr; 06-24-2016 at 01:53 AM.
post #2073 of 2080 Unread 07-17-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
I've had the Z30k for a couple years now. I have about 1,500 hours on it, according to the counter. Still bright enough for my needs (mostly TV watching). However, the other day I developed a weird problem from out of the blue.

I was watching TV and didn't notice anything unusual during the first show. Then, during the second show, I noticed a couple of strange spots in the lower left corner of the screen, visible during dark scenes. At first, I assumed it might be something in the source signal, but no, it's the projector. The spots are now visible anytime the screen is dark, no matter what source I watch. Here's a photo of it during the splash screen on my Blu-ray player. (I've boosted the brightness so the problem is visible here.)

Content is still visible through the spots. It looks like some kind of glare.

When the screen is bright, I see a single dark spot:

Thinking this might be an obstruction in the light path, like dust or something, I checked the lens and blasted it with compressed air. No change. I also pulled out the lamp and took a look inside. Didn't see anything in there, and I didn't want to disassemble the projector beyond that.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light spots.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	1550681   Click image for larger version

Name:	dark spot.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	1550689   Click image for larger version

Name:	dark spot 2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	1550713  

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Last edited by Josh Z; 07-18-2016 at 07:12 AM.
post #2074 of 2080 Unread 07-17-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Dust on the DMD, prism or possible back side of the lens.
The reason you see it in the dark is because the mirrors are off (sending the light to the dark side of the chamber) but the dust is being lit by the light. For you to see this it must be on the DMD or the prism in front of the DMD. Nothing between the lamp and the prism would show up as a light spot in the dark.

Doug
Planar PD8150 with DC4 DMD paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 110"
http://www.airscapesart.com

post #2075 of 2080 Unread 07-18-2016, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
Dust on the DMD, prism or possible back side of the lens.
The reason you see it in the dark is because the mirrors are off (sending the light to the dark side of the chamber) but the dust is being lit by the light. For you to see this it must be on the DMD or the prism in front of the DMD. Nothing between the lamp and the prism would show up as a light spot in the dark.
Thanks. Any idea how to get to that through this projector?

Josh Z

post #2076 of 2080 Unread 07-18-2016, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3542 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
You could try and blow some compressed air in from around the lens. Other that that, you'd have to take it apart to get it off which ever surface it's on.
post #2077 of 2080 Unread 07-18-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 1949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I have a copy of the service manual if you want it. It shows exactly how to get into the unit. Once the lid is off, you should have relatively straight forward access to some of the the areas where the dust can go.

send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.
fpr likes this.
post #2078 of 2080 Unread 07-18-2016, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I have a copy of the service manual if you want it. It shows exactly how to get into the unit. Once the lid is off, you should have relatively straight forward access to some of the the areas where the dust can go.

send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.
Jason,
Do you still use your Z30K?
I thought the new JVC had pretty much taken center stage...
post #2079 of 2080 Unread 07-19-2016, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
You could try and blow some compressed air in from around the lens. Other that that, you'd have to take it apart to get it off which ever surface it's on.
I took a look last night and the front of the projector around the lens seems pretty sealed up. Nowhere to shoot air inside. (Yes, I removed the glass panel in front of the lens.)

Josh Z

post #2080 of 2080 Unread 08-11-2016, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This projector has been truly wonderful. Sadly, as of this weekend, I got my first "stuck mirror" and it stuck white. What an absolute bummer. I've had the PJ for over 3 years now, bought it on the Woot deal way back when, so I'm SOL on warranty. I'm assume there is nothing I can do about this issue outside of replacing the DLP chip, which honestly, sounds like a headache, unless someone has some experience with it on this model and can point me in the right direction.

Any advice out there on what I should do? I realize it's just a single dot on a big screen, but it is rather distracting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread