Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 51Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2161 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
Home Theater Lover
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10,919
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3418 Post(s)
Liked: 3395
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Hi Craig,
Please excuse the noob question, but what should the reading be at the screen?
Checking so infrequently (read never) until now, it's hard to justify a large expense.
This model is the most popular on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Meter-LX13...QB1PHJ0ZJQN4QD

Will it do the job?
Thoughts?
That will probably do the job. Here is a thread on how to measure lumens -

Using the CA813 light meter to measure your front projector

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
That will probably do the job. Here is a thread on how to measure lumens -

Using the CA813 light meter to measure your front projector
Thanks
Craig Peer likes this.
humbland is offline  
post #2163 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tradewinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Hi Craig,
Please excuse the noob question, but what should the reading be at the screen?
Checking so infrequently (read never) until now, it's hard to justify a large expense.
This model is the most popular on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Meter-LX13...QB1PHJ0ZJQN4QD

Will it do the job?
Thoughts?
Thanks, yes that other one was almost two bulbs (albeit probably better with more features), at least this one is at a good price.

===================================
My Riser | My LED Star Ceiling | My HTPC Build
tradewinds is offline  
 
post #2164 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruijinlu View Post
Hi, just bought a used Z30K, looking for the 3D emitter which is not included. Difficult to find replacement everywhere. Wondering if those Xpand models will work. Hope someone has tried could give some comment. thanks.
just a follow up. I have tried Xpand 105 and Optoma BC300. neither is working. still searching...
ruijinlu is online now  
post #2165 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruijinlu View Post
just a follow up. I have tried Xpand 105 and Optoma BC300. neither is working. still searching...
Did you try Sharp customer service? They were helpful when we had issues.
They are no longer in the FP business, but they may still support their own hardware. If not, then they may point you somewhere. Worth a try...
humbland is offline  
post #2166 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Did you try Sharp customer service? They were helpful when we had issues.
They are no longer in the FP business, but they may still support their own hardware. If not, then they may point you somewhere. Worth a try...
tried already, no luck. Find a nearest replacement on ebay, asking for 350$! back to search...
ruijinlu is online now  
post #2167 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruijinlu View Post
tried already, no luck. Find a nearest replacement on ebay, asking for 350$! back to search...
Zombie is usually our go to for this type of tech advice.
I would PM him.
humbland is offline  
post #2168 of 2169 Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,639
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3109 Post(s)
Liked: 3201
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Zombie is usually our go to for this type of tech advice.
I would PM him.
I've been looking at various places online to try and find the IR emitter. I think it was quite proprietary to this projector which will make finding one tough. I will keep looking.
zombie10k is online now  
post #2169 of 2169 Old Today, 08:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
here is my finding @$345.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-3D-Syn...-/152491186270

Last edited by ruijinlu; Today at 08:07 AM. Reason: add link
ruijinlu is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off