Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You would think Cinemark would ck their bathrooms on a daily basis
You would also expect them to have a key for the bathroom.
Creepy!

Denver News!

The decomposing body of a missing Loveland man was found in a locked restroom at a movie theater in Fort Collins after five days.The body of George DeGrazio, 66, who had died of a heart attack, somehow went unnoticed for days, slumped in the locked family restroom at the Cinemark Fort Collins 16, at 4721 S. Timberline Drive, authorities said.Theater employees noticing a bad odor made the gruesome discovery Saturday afternoon after forcing their way into the restroom.
"The theater employees noticed the smell and they reported it to the managers. And the managers eventually broke the lock and found him," Larimer County Deputy Coroner James MacNaughton told 7NEWS on Sunday.Family members want to know why employees didn't check the theater top-to-bottom after police searched the area, asking businesses if they'd seen the missing man.DeGrazio's family had reported him missing on Jan. 9. Fort Collins police found the man's red Nissan Xterra parked in the Cinemark parking lot early Wednesday morning. Police searched the area, but could not find the man."If I had the police department saying somebody disappeared in this area and we're trying to locate him, I would be searching every nook and cranny of my establishment," said Dylan DeGrazio, the dead man's son."But that didn't happen."Dylan DeGrazio said he wasn't upset about how his father died. A Sunday autopsy showed he died from natural causes -- a heart attack caused by severe coronary artery disease, the coroner said.But the son is disturbed by how his father's body was found after decomposing in a public restroom for days."I picture him just sitting there in this, like, slumped over, eyes-open position," Dylan DeGrazio told 7NEWS reporter Amanda Kost on Sunday night."That's just the sheer reality of it. For somebody who didn't know George, that is just a corpse rotting in a bathroom, and that disgusts me. That disgusts me," he said.7NEWS called the theater and were referred to Cinemark's corporate offices.Cinemark released a statement on Monday saying, "Cinemark is working closely with the Fort Collins Police and Loveland Missing Persons Department on this case. As the case is ongoing, we are not able to discuss the details of the investigation at this time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the DeGrazio family during this difficult period as they mourn the loss of a loved family member."Dylan DeGrazio said he's hoping his family can find closure, now that his father's body has been found."We know where he was, we know what happened and now we can begin to move forward a little bit," he said.He said the family is trying to focus on how his father lived, rather than how he was found."I have faith that he's in a better place. I know he's in a better place. We'll still always have good memories of him, the good ones," he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Wow... That is quite gross actually.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Makes you wonder how often they clean their bathrooms. It had been 5 days and even then the only reason someone ck was because of the odor.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
My HT only seats about 6-8 so I'd hope I'd notice that one of my guests was missing. But those with HTs with larger seating, beware!

Sad story.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Liked: 20
As Alan knows, I always have a story. Always.

When my wife and I moved into our present house, I was a very active lawyer and the owner of a large specialty audio/video store. Every two weeks we would have a party at my house for 100 to 200 guests. Barbeque etc. My wife's clients, my client's, dstore customers, family, friends, ex girlfriends. iAt that time I had a 5 seat HT done down and dirty in an unused bedroom (now the lobby to ny HT). Guests used to cram themselves into that small room and sometimes 15 to 20 were cramned in there when we had a party. That was the reason my wife made me build a larger theater, seating 12 comfortably. Needless to say this involved structural suypport changes to the room my HT is now in and the expenditure of mucho bucks. Probably it would have cost me over $250,000 if I wasn't in the business of constructing HTs and furnishing them with chairs, equipment, yada yada.

Anyway. One late Sunday night, after the party had ended several hours earlier, I shut off all the lights and my wife and I went to bed. About 1/2 hour later I heard some really muted noises noises coming from down stairs and went to investigate. That small 5 seat HT still had two guests in it who loaded up the DVD player (back then no Bluray) with a movie they wanted to watch after the feature I was showing ended. They wanted to watch something like Lawrence of Arabia which had a run time of what? Over 4 hours. If there were only one person in there and they died, it probably would have been a week before we would have found them.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page