Home Theater Owners Near Milwaukee WI? - Page 10 - AVS Forum
First ... 8  9  10 11  12  ... Last
Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP > Home Theater Owners Near Milwaukee WI?
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 09:34 AM 05-13-2013
Next Project for me: Building a small wooden platform for my front chairs to sit on vs. the concrete floor.

I did a quick test this weekend with some bass heavy scenes in movies and my second row on the wooden riser "feels" better then my First row on the concrete slab.

It still does not provide the Awesome feelings of the entire room and subs on a suspended wooden floor, but it certainly adds to the experience.

SOWK's Avatar SOWK 09:53 AM 07-10-2013
Anyone do any updates to their theater?
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 10:50 AM 07-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

Next Project for me: Building a small wooden platform for my front chairs to sit on vs. the concrete floor.

I did a quick test this weekend with some bass heavy scenes in movies and my second row on the wooden riser "feels" better then my First row on the concrete slob.

It still does not provide the Awesome feelings of the entire room and subs on a suspended wooden floor, but it certainly adds to the experience.

That will work, but make sure your feet are not touching the concrete floor or it goes out the window. Not in your area, but I did convert my front speakers over to active. smile.gif
Mike Baron's Avatar Mike Baron 07:51 AM 07-11-2013
Hello I have another screen name but I cant remember my password. I don't have a PJ , but some ok HT equipment...
Halcro MC 50 Amp
  • Halcro SSP200 Pre pro
Oppo BDP 83

Tyler D10 Main Audes Grand Sentral center
Audes Blues Rear
  • Monitor FB 212 Sub

SirMaster's Avatar SirMaster 11:07 AM 07-11-2013
Hey guys.

I live in the Milwaukee area, in Sussex to be exact.

I recently upgraded my home theater projector from a Mitsubishi HC3800 to a Panasonic PT-AE8000U. You can see all the pictures here if you are interested:
http://imgur.com/a/xmFbo#0

I live in an apartment, but I think I did a pretty decent job on building the home theater I wanted. Someday I'll move into a house and rebuild my theater from the ground up in a dedicated room like some of you guys have. Some of you guys have some seriously amazing home theater rooms and I'd love to be able to see them in action someday if people ever hosted events or something.

Anyways, It's nice to see all the people around here who also love home theater stuff.
walterappleby's Avatar walterappleby 02:06 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Baron View Post

Hello I have another screen name but I cant remember my password.

http://www.avsforum.com/users/lost_password
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 08:58 AM 07-12-2013
SirMaster, Very Nice Apartment Setup.

Here was my apartment setup before I moved to the house.

SirMaster's Avatar SirMaster 03:09 PM 07-12-2013
Wow SOWK, that was a really nice apartment setup too. Doesn't compare to your real theater now of course :P, but anybody would have loved to have an apartment setup like that.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 10:32 PM 09-14-2013
Please welcome new member acwebs!!!

Also anyone with any updates or questions for your fellow local Home Theater Enthusiasts?

I have also decided to offer calibrations to our nearby members. Please PM for quote.

Also ask for references if you would like to hear about their results.
acwebs's Avatar acwebs 09:09 AM 09-16-2013
Thank you! I'll post pictures after we finish the HT project. SOWK did a great job with my calibration and the picture looks great.
TedO's Avatar TedO 04:02 PM 09-16-2013
Instead of building a platform to get the feel of the bass on my concrete floor, I picked up a couple of bass shakers, Buttkicker Advanced units. I'll run these units off of one Yamaha P5000.

I am also tinkering with the idea of placing both my subwoofers behind the seating for more impact. When I had my old SVS in the livingroom it was right next to the couch and I had no problems, so I think this will work. I'll still wire for a set of subs up front in case I want to split one front / one rear or just build two more for a total of 4.

I'm also probably going to go with one V shaped row made up of two full sized couches instead of theater seating. This will allow my wife to buy new livingroom furniture, and score myself some browny points. I can always upgrade to theater seating later if I don't like it.

As for the HT build, just finishing up the bathroom downstairs, then the theater room gets going again. All that's left there is running speaker wire and HDMI cables then drywall. I put in 3 pocket doors and I think I am going to double drywall those walls and use green glue to ensure I don't get any reverb off those walls, the framing for the pocket doors isn't what I would call solid.
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 07:04 AM 09-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedO View Post

Instead of building a platform to get the feel of the bass on my concrete floor, I picked up a couple of bass shakers, Buttkicker Advanced units. I'll run these units off of one Yamaha P5000.

I am also tinkering with the idea of placing both my subwoofers behind the seating for more impact. When I had my old SVS in the livingroom it was right next to the couch and I had no problems, so I think this will work. I'll still wire for a set of subs up front in case I want to split one front / one rear or just build two more for a total of 4.

I'm also probably going to go with one V shaped row made up of two full sized couches instead of theater seating. This will allow my wife to buy new livingroom furniture, and score myself some browny points. I can always upgrade to theater seating later if I don't like it.

As for the HT build, just finishing up the bathroom downstairs, then the theater room gets going again. All that's left there is running speaker wire and HDMI cables then drywall. I put in 3 pocket doors and I think I am going to double drywall those walls and use green glue to ensure I don't get any reverb off those walls, the framing for the pocket doors isn't what I would call solid.

Be careful that you do not get rattling pocket doors. With four good subs, that will be a possibility.
Toe's Avatar Toe 03:45 PM 09-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedO View Post

Build the platform AND get the shakers. Mount the shakers to the platform for a more natural and seamless tactile experience vs a direct mount to the seating which is not nearly as convincing in my experience, not to mention you will get more tactile action out of your subs with your seating on the platform instead of directly on the carpet over concrete.
zombie10k's Avatar zombie10k 04:46 PM 09-17-2013
The BK's are awesome, I have them mounted with a custom bracket to my Berklines and all visitors love them.. great extension of the bass if tuned right.
VBPXer's Avatar VBPXer 07:58 AM 09-24-2013
Hey everyone,

Just found this thread, I recently moved to the Madison area, and got my first home. I am currently working on finishing the basement out, nearly everything is framed, have most of the speaker wire ran and AV closet is nearly ready for some gear. I am making my own 120" Spandex screen out of 1X4 Pine and using a Kregg jig to join the frame together. As per recommendations here I am using screen tight to attach the spandex and am currently attempting to figure out what projector to use in my basement. I have two small windows with nearly complete light control.

The back wall is about 23 feet away so looks like the projector will be ceiling mounted I'll try to post up some pictures later, all I have now are some, less-than-professional iphone pictures. How are all of you liking your current projectors? Any recommendations, I care most about 2D movies, but a good usable 3D would be great, currently eying the B-stock JVC DLS-RS4800 at the AVS store.

I have already learned so much on this forum and look forward to sharing more of my build with everyone here.

Thanks!,

Daniel
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 08:54 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBPXer View Post

Hey everyone,

Just found this thread, I recently moved to the Madison area, and got my first home. I am currently working on finishing the basement out, nearly everything is framed, have most of the speaker wire ran and AV closet is nearly ready for some gear. I am making my own 120" Spandex screen out of 1X4 Pine and using a Kregg jig to join the frame together. As per recommendations here I am using screen tight to attach the spandex and am currently attempting to figure out what projector to use in my basement. I have two small windows with nearly complete light control.

The back wall is about 23 feet away so looks like the projector will be ceiling mounted I'll try to post up some pictures later, all I have now are some, less-than-professional iphone pictures. How are all of you liking your current projectors? Any recommendations, I care most about 2D movies, but a good usable 3D would be great, currently eying the B-stock JVC DLS-RS4800 at the AVS store.

I have already learned so much on this forum and look forward to sharing more of my build with everyone here.

Thanks!,

Daniel

Welcome to AVS. I sent you a PM. smile.gif
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 08:17 PM 10-01-2013
Looking to upgrade to the RS57 or the RS4910 this year. Anyone else thinking of upgrading?
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 08:24 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:

Looking to upgrade to the RS57 or the RS4910 this year. Anyone else thinking of upgrading?

This is sort of near Milwaukee -- I'm relocating from Naples to Wausau and started building a house that will include a 14 x 23 theater. I talked to AVS Craig Peer this afternoon and will probably order a Sony 600ES.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 08:27 PM 10-01-2013
When would your theater room be complete? If I had the income the 600ES is my first choice. You"ll love it, I'm sure.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 09:57 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:

When would your theater room be complete? If I had the income the 600ES is my first choice. You"ll love it, I'm sure.

It's going to be one of the homes for the local builders association Parade of Homes in June. I can't move in until after that week has passed. However, the theater should be completed in May.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 10:12 PM 10-01-2013
Well you can always keep the 600es at my house till you need it!!! wink.gif lol.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 10:19 PM 10-01-2013
Ummmm, right. rolleyes.gif You wanna store the speakers too? Oh wait! Most of them will be in Oconomowoc anyway....
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 10:26 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:

I am. smile.gif
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 10:29 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

This is sort of near Milwaukee -- I'm relocating from Naples to Wausau and started building a house that will include a 14 x 23 theater. I talked to AVS Craig Peer this afternoon and will probably order a Sony 600ES.

John, I am looking at that same projector. smile.gif
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 10:39 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

John, I am looking at that same projector. smile.gif

Yes, it's a good one. I have lots of time so my order date will be post CES - time to give other manufacturers a chance and/or price reductions. If nothing changes the 600ES is my first choice.
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 10:47 PM 10-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Yes, it's a good one. I have lots of time so my order date will be post CES - time to give other manufacturers a chance and/or price reductions. If nothing changes the 600ES is my first choice.

I ordered mine yesterday.
Seegs108's Avatar Seegs108 10:51 PM 10-01-2013
Super jealous!!
mastermaybe's Avatar mastermaybe 01:02 PM 10-02-2013
Hey gang: I'm in Delafield...I may be bending things a bit here as I don't have a dedicated room just yet, but...

I usually rock an 88" screen at 11 feet, but I'm using the PJ outside with a 150" screen for the summer and it's just easier to "suffer" with the 60" Kuro for a few months rather than keep swapping it back and forth...

Equipment:

Display: Pioneer Kuro 6020 PDP

Projector: Panasonic AR 100

AVR/PRO: Denon 4311

Amplification:
Main Room: Crown XLS 1500's Mains/Surround
Subwoofer: Crown xti 4002 w/ Behringer MIC 2200 for processing
Outdoor Theater: Niles SI 1200

Media Players:
Popcorn Hour A-400
Apple TV 3rd Gen
NAS: Synology 412+ with 12 TB's RAID 5

Disc player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 230

Power: Panamax PM 5300

Speakers:

11 Speaker Definitive Array:

Mains: BP 2000's
Center: CLR 3000
Wides: BP 20's
Heights: BPVX's
Side Surrounds: UIW 65's
Rears: BPVX's

Subwoofers:

(2) DIY Dual Dayton HO 18"s in ~ 7.5 sealed cabinet.

Speaker stands, A/V component cabinet, art, subwoofers, tables, all DIY.

I'll post pics with screen when I have it up very soon. Loving all of the rooms I'm seeing here!

take care

EDIT: oops, I found this thread on a whim and didn't know it was in the $3,000+ PJ area. Mods please delete if necessary.

Also just noticed this pic was taken before I re-added my wides...I'll correct that too.

James
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 02:33 PM 10-02-2013
Nice looking setup James! I'm sure the bass in there rocks! Literally!!!
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 06:09 AM 10-03-2013
Anyone in the area interested in some ultra mint Vandersteen Quatro's? PM for price if you are.

I do not want to ship, they are way to big and heavy.

They are both a music lovers and home theater lovers dream speaker. Can go down to 20htz flat.

I only need a home theater speaker at this point as I don't use them for music anymore, and they are not being "loved" they way they should be. They should be in a home of someone that will do both.
Tags: Jvc Rs50u , Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Marantz Vp 11s2 Dlp Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
First ... 8  9  10 11  12  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop