Home Theater Owners Near Milwaukee WI? - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 638 Old 03-07-2015, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedO View Post
Jeff,

I think your Denon will work fine for a processor, I just think to have the JTRs play to their potential you will need to feed them more power than the Denon will put out cleanly. Even if it can't handle the latest codex, going to a lossless processor only adds a small improvement. I'm still running a 5.1 system and do not have any plans to expand on that. Believe me when I say it has taken years to build my system

Have you thought of buying used? The money you would save on the used JRTs could go to funding an amp, or at least the start of a fund for a new amp.
Thanks Ted,

Haven't written anything off. I actually have been watching this classified section, ebay, audiogon for possible deals. My main concern is hearing the equipment before buying anything (especially speakers).

I plan to add amps for my front speakers to take the load off the Denon. That part is pretty straight forward. In the past I had a McIntosh amp that I absolutely loved. It's a possibility but pretty pricey to buy a bunch of them.

I'm kind of stuck on the sound signiture. I feel like if I can handle that piece, it will all be ok. There are plenty of quality, powerful amps that would be capable to drive any of the speakers on my list.

This is a crazy game that doesn't stand still for a minute. You can make yourself crazy trying to follow (or keep up with) all the changes. Appeciate your help, thx!!

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 638 Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Jeff,

Check out Usaudiomart.com also. I've seen some good deals on that site. Buying used you just need to be patient. The other plus is that if the sale location is driveable, you usually can demo before you buy.
post #633 of 638 Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I picked up a new Meridian HD621, so my system is back to Lossless digital audio. I still need to dial everything back in and rerun the room correction but things are sounding pretty good.

I'm going to post my Oppo 83 and a Octava 4x2 HDMI switcher with 7.1 audio out in the classifieds soon if anyone is interested.
post #634 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I figure I should check in. I am currently in the process of building a home theater. I live up in the central wisconsin area. Here is a link to my build thread.
The Gravel Pit Build

I'm gonna need lots of help to get my project right. All advice will be greatly appreciated.
post #635 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmking View Post
I figure I should check in. I am currently in the process of building a home theater. I live up in the central wisconsin area. Here is a link to my build thread.
The Gravel Pit Build

I'm gonna need lots of help to get my project right. All advice will be greatly appreciated.
Maybe I can help you out. Where are you located?

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #636 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Maybe I can help you out. Where are you located?
I'm located in hatley.
post #637 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm located in hatley.

And I'm in Wausau. PMing you my number.

Buzz

post #638 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
And I'm in Wausau. PMing you my number.
What a small world. After looking at your theater pictures, it kinda reminded me of a theater that was in the prade of homes last year. Was that yours? If it is you have my stone I make in your yard lol.
post #639 of 638 Old 04-26-2015, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What a small world. After looking at your theater pictures, it kinda reminded me of a theater that was in the prade of homes last year. Was that yours? If it is you have my stone I make in your yard lol.
I'm that guy, and I built the theater. You really need to come and get a demo. I can help you out, a lot.

Buzz

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Rs50u , Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Marantz Vp 11s2 Dlp Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page