4K Sony VW 1000 first short Test - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 754 Old 02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 11,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

I would be very interested to hear what other VW1000 owners think about this choice: with a 16x9 source (i.e., HDTV) do you prefer to use 'Normal' aspect and thus get the std 16x9 pic, or do you prefer to use '2.35 Zoom' aspect and see a larger pic but with a small amount of the top and bottom of the 16x9 pic lost? (In switching from 'Normal' to '2.35 Zoom' the pic ht stays the same and it get a bit wider.)

Looking a lot last night and today, I'm leaning toward going to '2.35 Zoom' aspect for 16x9 input (as well as BD). Yes, i loose ~ 5% of the vertical pic, but that is hardly noticeable. And I get a larger pic.

To summarize: for my case, with a 16x9 signal I have a 17x9 pic that is 72"Hx136"W; a 16x9 pic that is 136"W would be 76"H, so I'm loosing 4" in ht from the 16x9 pic. For 2.35 pic (BD) I have a 144x60-62"H (depending of 2.35, 2.40, etc). So I use '2.35 Zoom' aspect for both 16x9 (HDTV) and 2.35 (BD) sources. Sweet.
millerwill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 754 Old 02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Don't know if this has been posted before, but here are 2160p video samples to download for those of you capable of playing them with your computer and new Sony 4K projector.

http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/index.php?fol...xlcy8yMTYwcA==
sytech is offline  
post #633 of 754 Old 02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I was doing a very quick first calibration with calman and have a question. When I calibrated the RS20 it was posted everywhere not to raise offset (bias on the 1000), and GAIN had no ability to move it higher than 0. This projector starts both sliders in the middle at 0 and we can raise or lower gain and bias.

So, is there any reason NOT to raise bias or gain if Calman is telling me to? On the rs20 raising offset significantly raised the black floor. Is that projector dependent and not necessarily the right instructions for each PJ? Calman told me to raise my bias by 3-7 pts for each color (which isnt a ton).

By the way, I dont think I lost much top end brightness at all after the calibration...

I also, for the first time, blew up the picture in 2:35 mode so that it would be the size of my future EN4k screen (160"w scope) and measured the EN4k sample in the middle of the screen..... 15 ftL! I am happy with that and its as much or slightly more than I expected. That is calibrated, with all my settings that I posted in my lumen measurement post. Black level still on off. Once I actually get the screen I will experiment with black level on low, high, etc to see if I like the effect.

Once again, reality creation on or off did not change my brightness.
hifiaudio2 is offline  
post #634 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 3,864
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post


I also, for the first time, blew up the picture in 2:35 mode so that it would be the size of my future EN4k screen (160"w scope) and measured the EN4k sample in the middle of the screen..... 15 ftL! I am happy with that and its as much or slightly more than I expected. That is calibrated, with all my settings that I posted in my lumen measurement post. Black level still on off. Once I actually get the screen I will experiment with black level on low, high, etc to see if I like the effect.

Keep pondering minds informed of your outcome............looking forward to your analysis.

In a quandary regarding projector and screen material. Thought I was settled on Runco LS-10i, but then the LS-12 has transpired. Now this new 4k Sony has my head spinning.........

Same is true regarding screen material.........thought I was settled on SE Enlightor 4k material, but now wondering if a microperfed Stewart ST-130 would be better choice due to light output.......assuming I go Sony 1000.
But then again..........pixel structure with a perf screen would defeat the purpose of a 4k projector.........go figure.

Decisions............decisions..........
doublewing11 is offline  
post #635 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

I was doing a very quick first calibration with calman and have a question. When I calibrated the RS20 it was posted everywhere not to raise offset (bias on the 1000), and GAIN had no ability to move it higher than 0. This projector starts both sliders in the middle at 0 and we can raise or lower gain and bias.

So, is there any reason NOT to raise bias or gain if Calman is telling me to? On the rs20 raising offset significantly raised the black floor. Is that projector dependent and not necessarily the right instructions for each PJ? Calman told me to raise my bias by 3-7 pts for each color (which isnt a ton).

By the way, I dont think I lost much top end brightness at all after the calibration...

I also, for the first time, blew up the picture in 2:35 mode so that it would be the size of my future EN4k screen (160"w scope) and measured the EN4k sample in the middle of the screen..... 15 ftL! I am happy with that and its as much or slightly more than I expected. That is calibrated, with all my settings that I posted in my lumen measurement post. Black level still on off. Once I actually get the screen I will experiment with black level on low, high, etc to see if I like the effect.

Once again, reality creation on or off did not change my brightness.

Dealing with offsets is a rather deep and complex matter. The short of it is that it may be useful in combination with the Brightness control or in isolation to get the proper response at video level 17. I would not increase offset except for that specific purpose. Though you may get results without jeopardizing much by reducing the other 2 colors instead of raising the one color. But be prepared to rebalance with Brightness. It is very delicate to get the optimal results. And yes this varies by pj make/model - what applies to JVC may not apply to the Sony.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #636 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Bill - great story! That is classic.

Yes, I have used Mark in the past prior to his joining AVS and agree he goes above and beyond. AVS is lucky to have him.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #637 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lawguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Bill - great story! That is classic.

Yes, I have used Mark in the past prior to his joining AVS and agree he goes above and beyond. AVS is lucky to have him.

I spoke with Mark a few weeks ago and he revealed the plan to ship the PJ as a carry-on. I expressed some surprise at doing this. Mark was not phased. Very matter of factly, he said something like "There's no problem. We'll protect the lens with a towel." I was like "Oh, as long as you've got a towel . . . "


Classic.

Affable Nitwit
Lawguy is offline  
post #638 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 PM
 
AV Science Sales 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Its already protected by a plastic automated door in front of the lens. The towel was more to protect the case finish. It really worked well.
AV Science Sales 4 is offline  
post #639 of 754 Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JustMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post


I spoke with Mark a few weeks ago and he revealed the plan to ship the PJ as a carry-on. I expressed some surprise at doing this. Mark was not phased. Very matter of factly, he said something like "There's no problem. We'll protect the lens with a towel." I was like "Oh, as long as you've got a towel . . . "

Classic.

Hitchiker's Guide was right...

Mike Kobb
(Formerly "ReplayMike". These opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the opinions of employers past or present!)
"Mike's Money Pit" Build Thread
JustMike is offline  
post #640 of 754 Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I told you not to give up on the 160" , glad your findings seem to confirm that! With the Carlton Bale spreadsheet, somewhat optimistic on lumens after some bulb age (1200), and and using .86 gain for a realistic guess on EN4k, I get 13.8 ftL. That's the latest worst-case numbers I have been using, but I'm kind of stuck now since the Sony is here sitting in the box (I unboxed but haven't put up the bedsheet yet to test, still under construction here), and the 160" EN4k showing up within the next week or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

By the way, I dont think I lost much top end brightness at all after the calibration...

I also, for the first time, blew up the picture in 2:35 mode so that it would be the size of my future EN4k screen (160"w scope) and measured the EN4k sample in the middle of the screen..... 15 ftL! I am happy with that and its as much or slightly more than I expected. That is calibrated, with all my settings that I posted in my lumen measurement post. Black level still on off. Once I actually get the screen I will experiment with black level on low, high, etc to see if I like the effect.


Matt
turls is offline  
post #641 of 754 Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

but haven't put up the bedsheet yet to test, still under construction here), and the 160" EN4k showing up within the next week or two...

Curious what the bedsheet will tell you? Is it just a reference for size or is the ENk4 comparable to a bed sheet for brightness?

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
adidino is offline  
post #642 of 754 Old 02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

I spoke with Mark a few weeks ago and he revealed the plan to ship the PJ as a carry-on. I expressed some surprise at doing this. Mark was not phased. Very matter of factly, he said something like "There's no problem. We'll protect the lens with a towel." I was like "Oh, as long as you've got a towel . . . "


Classic.

Thanks for the best AVS laugh I've had in a long time.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #643 of 754 Old 02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Curious what the bedsheet will tell you? Is it just a reference for size or is the ENk4 comparable to a bed sheet for brightness?

This is a new theater room. The screen wall is not built and the current front wall is covered with black InsulShield. It will tell me little to nothing except that I have a working projector or not, but I do have both EN4k, EN2k, and SmX samples I can put up as well. Just have to get the contractors out of there and quit grinding concrete long enough to want to turn the thing on...

Matt
turls is offline  
post #644 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Gradius2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Iquique, Chile
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Please, let us know which screen was better: EN2K, EN4K or SmX and why?

I read a bit about SmX 4K as well, but so far nothing confirmed (rumors says is almost the same thing as standard SmX).

Thanks!

[]s,
Fernando
Gradius2 is offline  
post #645 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
d.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

I was doing a very quick first calibration with calman and have a question. When I calibrated the RS20 it was posted everywhere not to raise offset (bias on the 1000), and GAIN had no ability to move it higher than 0. This projector starts both sliders in the middle at 0 and we can raise or lower gain and bias.

So, is there any reason NOT to raise bias or gain if Calman is telling me to? On the rs20 raising offset significantly raised the black floor. Is that projector dependent and not necessarily the right instructions for each PJ? Calman told me to raise my bias by 3-7 pts for each color (which isnt a ton).

By the way, I dont think I lost much top end brightness at all after the calibration...

I also, for the first time, blew up the picture in 2:35 mode so that it would be the size of my future EN4k screen (160"w scope) and measured the EN4k sample in the middle of the screen..... 15 ftL! I am happy with that and its as much or slightly more than I expected. That is calibrated, with all my settings that I posted in my lumen measurement post. Black level still on off. Once I actually get the screen I will experiment with black level on low, high, etc to see if I like the effect.

Once again, reality creation on or off did not change my brightness.


hifiaudio2

Do you have a EN4K now ? ...and are you happy with it ?

Im testing one piece of it now versus my old Studiotek 130 microperf and for now, I have to say that the tek 130 looks sharper, but it can probely be the gain who cheats me - the 4K is dimmer, softer looking, but it dosnt moire, wich my Tek do and I can just see the micrperf at my distance, but not on the 4K

dj


Edit: reread you reply, and you do write SAMPLE - sorry , but then again what´s your impression for now ?
d.j. is offline  
post #646 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
d.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Curious what the bedsheet will tell you? Is it just a reference for size or is the ENk4 comparable to a bed sheet for brightness?


For now - just a fast test - the bedsheet has a better gain then the 4K

dj
d.j. is offline  
post #647 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j. View Post

hifiaudio2

Do you have a EN4K now ? ...and are you happy with it ?

Im testing one piece of it now versus my old Studiotek 130 microperf and for now, I have to say that the tek 130 looks sharper, but it can probely be the gain who cheats me - the 4K is dimmer, softer looking, but it dosnt moire, wich my Tek do and I can just see the micrperf at my distance, but not on the 4K

dj


Edit: reread you reply, and you do write SAMPLE - sorry , but then again what´s your impression for now ?

Yeah its only a sample for now. Up close, the high power its right next to is sharper.. thats to be expected though. Backing up a few feet (lets say 6 feet just to be conservative and not understate) they both look about the same on sharpness. I cannot see the weave past about that same distance. With a non 100 ire screen I cant see the weave much at any distance except maybe a foot from it. Certainly not with program material.
hifiaudio2 is offline  
post #648 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
DigsMovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arriving Somewhere...
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j. View Post

hifiaudio2

Do you have a EN4K now ? ...and are you happy with it ?

Im testing one piece of it now versus my old Studiotek 130 microperf and for now, I have to say that the tek 130 looks sharper, but it can probely be the gain who cheats me - the 4K is dimmer, softer looking, but it dosnt moire, wich my Tek do and I can just see the micrperf at my distance, but not on the 4K

dj


Edit: reread you reply, and you do write SAMPLE - sorry , but then again what´s your impression for now ?

What distance does the microperf disappear on the StudioTek?

-Thanks
DigsMovies is offline  
post #649 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,312
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

This is a new theater room. The screen wall is not built and the current front wall is covered with black InsulShield. It will tell me little to nothing except that I have a working projector or not, but I do have both EN4k, EN2k, and SmX samples I can put up as well. Just have to get the contractors out of there and quit grinding concrete long enough to want to turn the thing on...

Keep in mind that dust will be floating around in that room for several days.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #650 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

Please, let us know which screen was better: EN2K, EN4K or SmX and why?

I read a bit about SmX 4K as well, but so far nothing confirmed (rumors says is almost the same thing as standard SmX).

I took a picture, but it won't tell much (I haven't got it pulled off of my camera yet). Plus I had the bed sheet as a background which probably doesn't help. They all looked very similar to me from far back, the only one noticeably brighter was the EN2k.

Very inconclusive testing.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #651 of 754 Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Keep in mind that dust will be floating around in that room for several days.

Good point, luckily that wasn't the actual room where most of the dust was being generated.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #652 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
d.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post

What distance does the microperf disappear on the StudioTek?

-Thanks

About 8 - 10 feet depending how god your eyes is


dj
d.j. is offline  
post #653 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Guys,

I would like to propose we ask Wolfgang if he is ok with closing this thread and renaming Lawguy's thread the official VW1000 Owner's thread. We could add a link to this thread on the owner's thread for reference.

It would make it much easier to have one thread on the VW1000.

We would need Wolfgang's permission for the admins to close it and LawGuy to rename his thread. Or the reverse. Close Lawguy's and rename this one. As long as we have one Owner's thread.

Is everyone ok with this? I'll reach to one of the mods if we have are in agreement.

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
adidino is offline  
post #654 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Member
 
pilotb777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the best Ceiling Mount for this projector
pilotb777 is offline  
post #655 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotb777 View Post

What is the best Ceiling Mount for this projector

Chief with the Sony plate

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
adidino is offline  
post #656 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Member
 
pilotb777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Chief with the Sony plate

Do you have model number
pilotb777 is offline  
post #657 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotb777 View Post

Do you have model number


I need to look at the box when I get home. I didn't end up using it since I decided to shelf mount it in my equipment closet.

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
adidino is offline  
post #658 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com
 
GetGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mid-South USA
Posts: 5,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post


It looks like an ISCO 4XL.

That is the Isco IIIL not the 4XL

EDIT: After seeing the right side of the lens, I see this is a 1.25x lens, not the IIIL.
GetGray is offline  
post #659 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
W.Mayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
the tread was for some very first pictures and measurement and first impressions.

i am ok to close this tread but put a link in the new thread inside.


i like the sony vw 1000 a lot and i will together with the 1,25 anamorphic lens use it only for all what is 2d.

all tv sports and so on as well bds in 2d.

i will leave always the anamorphic lens inside and just switch with the
aspect ratio bottom from the pr. between scope and flat.
that makes it very easy for me.

i have with the lamp at 38 hours 10,6 center ftl for both formats at my huge screen.
very likely i have to change my lamp every 500-600 hours to keep the high lumen out the pr.have.
i can not live anymore with under 8 ftl.
i will measure my lamp again after around 50/100 hours to see how much the light decrease will be.

than i can change the location from both 3d infitec filters from outside the optic my 2 barco 4k dlps have to
inside the optic and this will increase the 3d performance.

it was my original plan to have a only 2d pr. system and one that only run 3d and i will do this now.
the only bad thing was that i give a up to see 2d bds with less ftl i lately like but i take this trade off as the other advantages are bigger.

wolfgang
W.Mayer is offline  
post #660 of 754 Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Guys,

I would like to propose we ask Wolfgang if he is ok with closing this thread and renaming Lawguy's thread the official VW1000 Owner's thread. We could add a link to this thread on the owner's thread for reference.

It would make it much easier to have one thread on the VW1000.

We would need Wolfgang's permission for the admins to close it and LawGuy to rename his thread. Or the reverse. Close Lawguy's and rename this one. As long as we have one Owner's thread.

Is everyone ok with this? I'll reach to one of the mods if we have are in agreement.

agreed
hifiaudio2 is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off