Sony VPL-VW95 Motion issues. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have owned this projecor for little over a week and have about 15 hours on the bulb. I moved over from a CRT projector to gain the benefit of 24Hz and 3D. However i have a major problem with regards to the motion of the images.

When there is any type of motion on the screen there appears to be some form of judder to the object that is moving. The same occurs when there is a pan on the scene material. I find it most distracting as it almost feels like a flicker/refresh related issues. Im struggling to actually quantify what is happening and am trying to isolate the problem.

I am using an Oppo BDP95 and it was being routed through an Onkyo PR-SC5507 processor. To remove the possible influence of the onkyo i bypassed it and directly connected to the Oppo with the same results(Oppo set to source direct). I also use a Sat receiver with similar effect. To some extent i know the limitations of the Sat system as its bandwidth limited and we have 50Hz here instead of 60Hz, so im sure that is amplifying the issue, but only with overseas sources. With sport our native refresh rate would be 50Hz, if its a local feed.

To all intents and purposes the problem points to the projector. I have tried all different settings, iris on, off, gamma on off, high lamp mode, low mode, motion high, low , off etc with no difference.

Now the question i have is, am i being unrealistic in my expectations. In all the threads on this projector everyone swears by its motion capabilities. Is this inherent in the technology, am i too fussy or do i maybe have a dud projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 42
You may have a pj problem, but you would need to see another Sony to make sure. Unfortunately, most people who comment on motion are using their own personal observations and biases. I thought someone had tested the Sony with the Japanese motion disc. If so, then do a search for that. If it didn't do 1080p on that test, then it won't handle motion as well as your CRT. Motion resolution is one of the advantages of CRT.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Film Mode" off ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page