Sony VPL-VW1000ES Viewings - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
No doubt this is a fantastic projector, if it's native on/off was 150,000:1 with DI off, even with reduced lumens(sub 400) while having it's current on/off at 2000lumens, this unit would be irrisistable for my needs/wants. Reality creation(detail synthesis) scaling is delivering in spades it would seem. Will we see this (RC) in a black box add on form from others?

Next generation 4k optics will have to be of the quality to resolve 4k detail if not what's the point.

That 2000 lumen figure in 3D on a small screen with gain would be a quite a sight. I'm thinking what are Sony doing with those stackable laser modules that were anounced in 2010........get rid of the DI, modulate the light output....CR Heaven, zero light output in fade to black moments in 2016........just in time for you VW1000es buyers to upgrade.

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

.................and to answer the question on a laser in the distant? future......pdf:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...KtwH-Pdn8Z7f9g

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
post #63 of 64 Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 AM

Liked: 20
In 2016 when I am 70, I can just see me telling my wife I am finally getting a buck rogers projector. I might be a little apprehensive then because of the rapidly of model change and projection quality with laser sort of like when digital projectors first came out.
post #64 of 64 Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

In 2016 when I am 70, I can just see me telling my wife I am finally getting a buck rogers projector. I might be a little apprehensive then because of the rapidly of model change and projection quality with laser sort of like when digitasl projectors first came out.

Smoooooooth!

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page