Will JVC stay with 4K e-shifted or go to true 4k? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If Sony can fit 4096x2160 within 0.74 inch diagonal do you expect JVC to do the same for this years CEDIA?
JVC already has a 8k panel which Sony doesn´t have at the moment. At the moment JVCs smallest 4k panel is 1.27 inches in diagonal, however the 8k panel has a smaller pixel pitch.

So what is your guess?
1 JVC will put priority on true 4K
2 JVC will push D-ila to 120Hz for 2x60Hz for 3D

Mattias Ohlson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
They will go to 4K in my opinion, but when is the real question. As you said they all ready have the panels and should have a consumer level product in the next year or two.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I just have a gut feeling that JVC will stay with the e-shift for the two lower models next year. The lower model with most likely be the RS55 with lower contrast and no cms, will the mid model with be a minor improvement. Also, the flagship model should be a 4K unit with a higher price tag.

But I hope they will all be 4K with twice the lumens
Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I think they will have a 4K input next year on their E-Shift machines.

They have an 8K unit that uses E-Shift, agree that a flagship unit will have a 4k chip, be nice if it has laser illumination.

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Or maybe in a couple years depending upon the success and effectiveness of E-shift this year from a marketing position, not to mention availability of 4K sources.

However, if Sony suddenly offers a 4K projector at the under $10K price range next year, then JVC will answer to that. This is more retrospective to the release of the Ruby back in 2005, followed by the RS-1 a year after, which changed the pricing construction of true hi-def.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximori View Post

Or maybe in a couple years depending upon the success and effectiveness of E-shift this year from a marketing position, not to mention availability of 4K sources.

However, if Sony suddenly offers a 4K projector at the under $10K price range next year, then JVC will answer to that. This is more retrospective to the release of the Ruby back in 2005, followed by the RS-1 a year after, which changed the pricing construction of true hi-def.

I just see how the cheapest 4K projector is Sony's $25K model, I just have a hard time thinking that we will see one for $8k by JVC this year. Since there is no 4K material, I just think it will be smarter for JVC to improve the e-shift and for others to add a similar feature. To be honest, a 4k projector won't fully satisfying me, I need a LED 4K projector with 2000-2500 lumens. I can always hope
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

I think you have it backwards. I doubt Sony will reduce its price for the VW1000 very much UNTIL JVC has a 4K unit, say for $15K MSRP. Sony keeps its prices up until a direct competitor forces it to reduce them.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure you're right on the money, Bill I mean wasn't the Ruby the first 1080p that went for under $10K? I agree though that they won't reduce the price for the VW1000 (similar to their flagship Qualia) but I think they will introduce another projector with similar specs - without the expensive lens and optics, of course, at a price range most of us can afford. Sony has always been ahead of this competitionas far as I know, they never altered, or been forced to reduce their pricing, based on the competition. That is more of JVC's pricing tactic...but then again, what do I know
Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

To be honest, a 4k projector won't fully satisfying me, I need a LED 4K projector with 2000-2500 lumens. I can always hope

You mean after calibration - well that would almost be the holy grail for meor at least more than half the cup filled
Old 02-21-2012, 03:22 PM

Liked: 20
Suppose the Sony was only 1080p. But it had the same lumens optics di etc as the 1000ES. I would think it would be around twice as good as a VPL-vw95ES and support an MSRP of twice the $7K MSRP of the 95ES.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I would love to see a 4k JVC as I kept my RS40 and skipped upgrading to a RS55 this year to wait for true 4k. I hope there will be a 4k JVC at the end of this year but I bet there will just be improvements to e-shift and it will be the end of 2013 before we see true 4k from JVC but I hope I am wrong as that will probably be my next projector.

Mike
Old 02-21-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You mean after calibration - well that would almost be the holy grail for meor at least more than half the cup filled

Of course after calibration. But that will be a dream come true
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

I'm not sure you're right on the money, Bill I mean wasn't the Ruby the first 1080p that went for under $10K? I agree though that they won't reduce the price for the VW1000 (similar to their flagship Qualia) but I think they will introduce another projector with similar specs - without the expensive lens and optics, of course, at a price range most of us can afford. Sony has always been ahead of this competitionas far as I know, they never altered, or been forced to reduce their pricing, based on the competition. That is more of JVC's pricing tactic...but then again, what do I know

Good point re the Ruby, also about the possibility of a less expensive version of the 1000. After a few yrs of not much new, it's nice to see some new developments.